The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #101
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Bronco Fan View Post
Is this really about Ray (probably a little) but its also about the Harbaugh Bowl......nothing will surprise me about the NE-Ravens game........either NE is going to wipe them out or Baltimore will get the same treatment in Denver.
Officiating crew seems to like Ravens this year.
4th and 29...Ray Rice was about yard short..They reviewed the play
and still awarded him first down.
Ray Lewis is getting Jerome Bettis treatment.

Last week's officiating crew should never officiate in their life time..
It was so biased..This shows how strong our team is compared to Ravens.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #102
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Is there a way for fans to file a complaint?

Maybe we can write the white house for them to look into it (ala Death Star). It's only 100k signatures.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #103
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
It's actually even worse than what you have.

No DPI called on Suggs- Ends Denver's drive - Resulted in missed FG and Balt TD before half.

Tuck Rule PM fumble- Ended Denver drive - Resulted in Balt TD
I dont have too much fault with the Suggs DPI...that throw was far short of the first down, it would have been kinda BS to throw the flag there. I also dont find a ton of fault with the Boldin catch...its one of those plays that whatever they called on the field would have stood.

The "tuck rule" play seemed much clearer to me. The ball was coming out when peyton's arm came forward and he never regained possession. That should have been an incomplete pass.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #104
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

For me they don't call the obvious trip on Demaryius and then call a BS call on Champ. And it seemed like we got screwed on third down.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #105
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Yes we got ****ed.

My raiders fan coworker reminded me how we'd be the favourite to beat a Gronkless New England this weekend if we were still in it. Reopened a healing wound. DAMNIT.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #106
teknic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont have too much fault with the Suggs DPI...that throw was far short of the first down, it would have been kinda BS to throw the flag there. I also dont find a ton of fault with the Boldin catch...its one of those plays that whatever they called on the field would have stood.

The "tuck rule" play seemed much clearer to me. The ball was coming out when peyton's arm came forward and he never regained possession. That should have been an incomplete pass.
........................ Pass interference comes along with an automatic first down. That pass interference by Suggs was WAY early. Should have been a first down.

This game reminded me of the Atlanta game earlier this season. The refs were looking for any reason to flag the broncos and any reason not to flag the ravens. The officiating was incredibly biased and overall terrible, but the broncos still were in position to win....
Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #107
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:

If he catches it, 45 more seconds run off the clock, and Balt probably doesn't score on that drive to end the half
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #108
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
If he catches it, 45 more seconds run off the clock, and Balt probably doesn't score on that drive to end the half
yeah, maybe. But i still don't have a huge problem with that non-call only because had suggs not interefered and he did catch it, it wasnt going for a first down. Actually, it wouldnt have been close. I know the rule is the rule and whatnot, but had that been a bronco, id have been infuriated...(though i bet the broncos would have been called for it!)
Old 01-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #109
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
........................ Pass interference comes along with an automatic first down. That pass interference by Suggs was WAY early. Should have been a first down.

This game reminded me of the Atlanta game earlier this season. The refs were looking for any reason to flag the broncos and any reason not to flag the ravens. The officiating was incredibly biased and overall terrible, but the broncos still were in position to win....
I'm not gonna go all conspiracy theory on this, i just think it was really unfortunate.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #110
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
yeah, maybe. But i still don't have a huge problem with that non-call only because had suggs not interefered and he did catch it, it wasnt going for a first down. Actually, it wouldnt have been close. I know the rule is the rule and whatnot, but had that been a bronco, id have been infuriated...(though i bet the broncos would have been called for it!)
Did you read what he said? Even if he catches it short of the first down we run the clock down to under a minute before the FG attempt. And Baltimore probably doesn't score a TD. Who knows.

Yep, we would have won the Super Bowl...I have no doubt. We would have recognized how badly we played and re-focused and come out on fire this weekend.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #111
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Did you read what he said? Even if he catches it short of the first down we run the clock down to under a minute before the FG attempt. And Baltimore probably doesn't score a TD. Who knows.

Yep, we would have won the Super Bowl...I have no doubt. We would have recognized how badly we played and re-focused and come out on fire this weekend.
I get it, i read what he said, i just dont agree with it.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #112
BoiseBluTurf
Pro Bowler

I have more of an Issue with the flags that were not thrown than the ones that were... If you can call holding on any play... shouldn't Baltimore have been called at least once? I mean sombody correct me if I'm wrong... but the visitors were never flaged for Holding... correct? How does that happen?
BoiseBluTurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #113
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
There is nothing to agree or disagree with. If he catches it, the clock runs down...that's a fact. By Suggs interfering he didn't have the opportunity to catch it. That's a fact
Old 01-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #114
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBluTurf View Post
I have more of an Issue with the flags that were not thrown than the ones that were... If you can call holding on any play... shouldn't Baltimore have been called at least once? I mean sombody correct me if I'm wrong... but the visitors were never flaged for Holding... correct? How does that happen?
Exactly. Especially against our pass rush
Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #115
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
I was pretty okay with the result of the game after this long. Just watched this for the first time....

Now I am back to the anger stage. The officiating in this game was just criminal. We got screwed so many times.

The only one of these that I can agree with its the Boldin catch...He did regain control although the ground helped him. It probably should not have been overturned. All the rest we got jobbed on.

Edit: The tuck play is also too close to call. Peyton did get it back to his body and get a second hand on it...although not really secured.
I can see the DT call early in the game as it looked like he caused the defender to fall with a shove. Carter seems to have ridden the Wide Receiver out of bounds. As for Hester getting butt ****ed by Suggs, what the hell was the center ref looking at? Hester was going to the ground before the ball got to Hester. That is an automatic first down.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #116
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I can see the DT call early in the game as it looked like he caused the defender to fall with a shove.
To me it looked like a guy knowing he's beat intentionally tripping the guy who beat him. And getting away with it.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #117
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
To me it looked like a guy knowing he's beat intentionally tripping the guy who beat him. And getting away with it.
Again, this one really didn't matter because we scored. It is however an example of how bad it was that day.

The simplest way I can put it is the one on Carter was iffy...could have been called or could have been let go considering the ball landed out of bounds. By calling it the refs were saying "we are calling it tight today." That was later confirmed on the call on Bailey. However, they missed two on Decker (one goes for a pick 6), and one on Hester.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #118
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

****ing Ray Lewis..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #119
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
****ing Ray Lewis..
**** that guy.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #120
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Man, when you compare the no PI call on Decker to the PI call on Champ it's ****ing criminal
It's hard to believe that Ed Hochuli wasn't somehow a part of this! :mad:
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #121
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
There is nothing to agree or disagree with. If he catches it, the clock runs down...that's a fact. By Suggs interfering he didn't have the opportunity to catch it. That's a fact
I dont recall something like that being called much....if at all. If you can find examples to prove me wrong, ill gladly except it. But wasn't it 3rd and 10+ and that was a dump off that went 4 yards? I just dont call that
Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #122
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

wow.....just wow

i knew we were getting the raw end a few times but i'm always yelling for penalties and no-calls....watching it over again (sober) this is ridiculous
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #123
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

I'm not sober actually
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #124
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
DOES...NOT...MATTER! This isn't a 20 yard throw where the ref doesn't throw the flag because it was uncatchable. This ball was catchable and right at Hester but Suggs committed a penalty. There is no reason to say, "I don't agree with it based on it wasn't enough yards for the first down". That isn't the rule. Simply stated that the ball was catchable and a penalty happened. Clock runs and we get the automatic first down. END OF STORY!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #125
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Ray Lewis would obstruct justice if he knew all this talk was going on.

Last edited by KipCorrington25; 01-18-2013 at 09:56 PM..
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote