The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #126
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,513

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I called this.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #127
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I feel like the Broncos' progress has just been stunted. A newbie OC with no experience?! He has nothing to bring to the table. NOTHING. This is a joke hire and it means no Super Bowl next year.
That's what you said.

You also said no one said that.

Honestly, I dont care one way or the other but I have to admit it's kind of weird you keep evading that part of your statement.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #128
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
That's what you said.

You also said no one said that.

Honestly, I dont care one way or the other but I have to admit it's kind of weird you keep evading that part of your statement.
Context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I feel like the Broncos' progress has just been stunted. A newbie OC with no experience?! He has nothing to bring to the table. NOTHING. This is a joke hire and it means no Super Bowl next year.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Our offense IS one of the best in the league, and my concern is will it stay that way with an inexperienced OC that I get the impression was only hired because another deal fell through?
Is he an experienced OC, sir?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #129
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Context.



and



Is he an experienced OC, sir?
I never said he was. The whole point is you said he brings nothing to the table lol.

He may be inexperienced as an offensive coordinator but you've shined up your crystal ball real good and foresee that he isn't qualified.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #130
SPORTSWRITER
Initials are ESP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 239
Default For sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Translation: Manning to remain offensive coordinator.
Yep! You got it! Peyton is the OC for as long as he plays well in Denver.

Last edited by SPORTSWRITER; 01-18-2013 at 03:42 AM..
SPORTSWRITER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #131
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSWRITER View Post
Yep! You got it! Peyton is the OC for as long as he plays well in Denver.
Yeah, that's true! McCoy should really send Manning a thank you card for getting a HC job. Also, I think Gase will get a HC job too from being Manning's yes man.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #132
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

FYI they passed on Wisenhunt for Gase. Wisenhunt didn't turn us down. We had our choice. The continuity of the offense was a driving force behind it.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #133
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

I really like what he's been saying...faster and more points. That sounds like maybe an indirect shot at McCoy, maybe he wasn't getting the play in in a way that would suit Manning and Gase.

I think this move will work out just fine.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #134
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,926

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Gase says he wants to work in more vertical passing and get the ball in the hands of #88 more.

Listen at:
http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/E...spx?ID=1866032
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #135
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Gase says he wants to work in more vertical passing and get the ball in the hands of #88 more.

Listen at:
http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/E...spx?ID=1866032
Does he call McCoy a nutless sack? If not, I'm not ready to accept it yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #136
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
No, you're just not reading.
You are full of sh-t. You said he brought nothing to the table.

Quote:
Right - he's an inexperienced newbie OC, like I said. There is no conflict here.
Who has ~ 15 years in coaching as football, with a third of it being with this franchise. He has just as much experience as the guy you were drooling over by the time he was promoted to OC in Pittsburgh. Seriously. You have no legitimate criticism of the guy, his knowledge or what he brings to the table. All you are saying is that he is Whiz.

Talk X's and O's on why you don't like Gase or why you feel he won't be successful in the NFL. Right now, you are just making a fool of yourself.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #137
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,561

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default



...I gotta tell ya... I like everything this gase fellow is saying...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #138
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,530

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

I'm fine with Gase as OC for Manning, what I'm hoping for is him (and the new QB coach) to be able to groom the next QB after Manning, be that Oz or someone else.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #139
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,548
Default

sounds like he wants to unleash Manning to his full potential and make Thomas our Calvin Johnson.
i'm more interested in the running game he employs and who they hire as the new QB coach.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #140
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer
 
outdoor_miner's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,141

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
FYI they passed on Wisenhunt for Gase. Wisenhunt didn't turn us down. We had our choice. The continuity of the offense was a driving force behind it.
Was this published, or something you heard? Just curious.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #141
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I really like what he's been saying...faster and more points. That sounds like maybe an indirect shot at McCoy, maybe he wasn't getting the play in in a way that would suit Manning and Gase.

I think this move will work out just fine.
Manning had to call a couple time-outs on 3rd down because McCoy wasn't ready with the play.

Hopefully Gase employs the ultra-fast hurry up sporadically, now that the Offense has had some time together.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #142
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Manning had to call a couple time-outs on 3rd down because McCoy wasn't ready with the play.
Flipping a coin to decide between the 1 and 2 hole takes time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #143
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
Was this published, or something you heard? Just curious.
It was reported on the news locally here in Denver. They didn't cite the source since it obviously was off the record but the source was "extroardinarily credible" (read probably John Fox).
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #144
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,601

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It was reported on the news locally here in Denver. They didn't cite the source since it obviously was off the record but the source was "extroardinarily credible" (read probably John Fox).
Interesting. Assuming this report is true, then when they talked to Whiz, they must have realized that Whiz's offensive philosophy did not jive with the current PM "system". Thus, the emphasis on "continuity". Makes sense to me.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #145
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I think, and this is also what the sources said, it had less to do with Whisenhunt's offense "not fitting" and more to do with Gase being able to keep things going. If they didn't think his philosophy was going to work, they wouldn't have interviewed him in the first place. Remember that they liked everyone they brought in and chose the best. It wasn't a "Gase is good and everyone sucks" decision.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #146
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,440

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

It's a boring choice, but probably the correct one.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #147
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,548
Default

i think that the Gase decision reflects what we all know. Manning doesn't like changes in his routine. he is very tight with and very loyal to his coaches.
he likes everything to be the same so that he can focus on things.

Gase already has Manning's trust and can help keep the continuity with the entire offense and the key players in it.
i think it's very important that we get a RB in the draft to help elevate the running game and allow Manning to hand off more and take less hits.
i have no issue with Gase getting the job, i half expected it.
only thing i wanted was for him to get more seasoning before taking the role as the OC. but he's more than likely ready for the job.
Fox hasn't been wrong in most of his coaching staff choices so i can't question this one.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #148
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i think that the Gase decision reflects what we all know. Manning doesn't like changes in his routine. he is very tight with and very loyal to his coaches.
he likes everything to be the same so that he can focus on things.

Gase already has Manning's trust and can help keep the continuity with the entire offense and the key players in it.
i think it's very important that we get a RB in the draft to help elevate the running game and allow Manning to hand off more and take less hits.
i have no issue with Gase getting the job, i half expected it.
only thing i wanted was for him to get more seasoning before taking the role as the OC. but he's more than likely ready for the job.
Fox hasn't been wrong in most of his coaching staff choices so i can't question this one.
It was reported that Gase was being groomed to take over the OC spot when McCoy was tapped for a HC position (as has been anticipated for a while) before Manning signed with Denver. I think he will be great at it and be an asset to Maning.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #149
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,201
Default

The more I read about Adam Gase, the more I like the choice of him as offensive coordinator....if he's going to be up tempo and aggressive, then I'm all for it.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #150
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,561

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Just please no hoodies and sideline fist pumps.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Denver Broncos