The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #76
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I will watch next week's game just to see how the officiating will be.
NFL is becoming a fixed league..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #77
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I sent this video to Bill Simmons, IAOFM, and Mike Kils, and also posted on my facebook page. Might be too late to get much play on this but worth a try.
Good job..
Not sure why Fox or players didn't speak much on officiating.
NFL should know that they made a mistake.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #78
Boogerboots
Anytime now...

..just make the snow stop!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Larry Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
I seriously doubt the Ravens get away with mugging the Patriot receivers in
Foxborough. There's no home town calls quite like the Patriots get. I was hoping we might benefit from the same, I was horribly wrong.
Exactly. Like I had posted in another thread, if that exact game was played start to finish with the Patsies in the Broncos position, Patsies win by at least 14 points. At least half of those call go their way.

Effin bullschit. I truly detest all 4 teams that are left but I'll get some mild satisfaction seeing the ratbirds get curb stomped this weekend.
Boogerboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #79
Cass

Quote:
I seriously doubt the Ravens get away with mugging the Patriot receivers in
Foxborough. There's no home town calls quite like the Patriots get. I was hoping we might benefit from the same, I was horribly wrong.
Normally I would agree re:the Pats, but the over-the-top cooing over Ray Lewis's retirement it a tad too calculated. It just seems like the moment he made his grand announcement, the storyline was set. Lewis "fights" his way back from a triceps injury to lead the team (that everyone counted out) to a Super Bowl, "avenging" last year's AFC Championship game loss on the way. A Ravens win this weekend would not surprise me one bit, but I will be rooting for the Pats for the first time in my life.

BTW, I don't think games are blatantly rigged but I do think that you can make life harder or easier for one team or the other by putting the right refs on the officiating crew. I thought it was interesting how often the Broncos offensive drives got stopped, thus giving the Ravens defense a break and neutralizing the altitude advantage. And what do you know, the media talking heads this week have been marveling over how the Ravens were able to overcome travel and fatigue and play oh so well.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #80
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Good job..
Not sure why Fox or players didn't speak much on officiating.
NFL should know that they made a mistake.
They aren't allowed. Big Al and DMac interviewed Fox and he said the protocol for such things doesn't allow publicly speaking about it. They basically follow a certain grievance process internally with the league. You can tell by Fox's hints and tone that he definitely raised hell with the NFL.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #81
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

[QUOTE=LetsGoBroncos;3782963]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
List the plays and I can do it.

1. PI call on Tony Carter when we would have had great field position
to go up 10-0 or 14-0. It was a very ticky tack call especially in a
playoff game. I've seen that not be called hundreds of times.

2. No PI in Decker on pick 6. Instead of being up maybe 10 we are down
7.....17 or 21 point swing. And the thing is if you call the one on
Carter right before that you have to call this. This was clear PI,
Carter's was questionable.

3. Play before missed field goal Suggs hits Hester way before ball
gets there. Next play is a missed FG and Baltimore ends up scoring to
tie it

4. Again no PI when the guy clearly hits Decker in the back before the
ball gets there. We were driving but end up punting and they tie it

5. Holding on Kuper on third and 1 on a play that was half a second
long. We were driving but end up punting and they tie it. Not sure I
have ever seen a holding call on a third and 1 quick handoff up the
middle. And the replay showed it was not holding.

6. Fumble by Manning. Arm was moving forward when ball started to come
loose and he never re-gained possession. Should have been incomplete.
This is debateable but why does Brady get the tuck rule and nobody
else does?

7. PI on Bailey in OT on third down. What? I don't even know what to say here

8. Catch by Boldin in OT on 3rd down. Ball hit the ground and even if
they say it didn't he was bobbling it and by the time he got
possession he was out of bounds. We would have had it at midfield
needing a FG to win

Would be awesome if you did this!!

A couple of them (Boldin's catch) make sure to get the replays in there too. Not just the live play
What difference does it make? The real culprit was your defense was awful. Dont blame the refs for your defense choking.

However, of what you have up there i will say the PI call on Bailey imo was a bad call.

I actually like the play by Carter on that play he was called and ....if anything it is illegal contact and that would be valid.

The Manning fumble imo was indeed a fumble. His arm wasnt going forward and he pulled it in against his body and then lost it. It could have gone either way really but i think it was the right call.
I hate the tuck rule. Im an advocate of the defense trying to stop the offense from making plays and it shouldnt matter if he tucked it down. If he fumbles, he fumbles and that rule is stupid.

Boldins catch was a catch. Wasnt really close imo. Had his hand on it the whole time and it is the refs call whether or not the ground helped him get control and imo, it didnt. He always had control. Catch all the way.

As for PI calls, i think they called too often and it wussifies the game imo.They need to let them play more than they do.
Cant remember which team got a PI called on them on this one but the defender had a hand on the WR's shoulder but it didnt interfere in the WR him from being able to catch the ball so i didnt agree with that one either. Not like he was yanking on him at all.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-17-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #82
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Everybody gets bad calls against them...
True. But there's about 8-9 calls on that video and only about 3 of them are even questionable. The others are all clearly bad calls and all of the questionable ones go against the Broncos. And they're huge calls! Thomas gets blatantly tripped on what would have been a TD catch. The Ravens get a pick-6 on a blatant PI. That's 14 points right there! That holding call took away a Denver first down and forced a punt. A couple of the bad PI calls on Denver extended Baltimore drives and they scored on at least one of them. I don't know how you can act like that doesn't matter. The Broncos were clearly robbed multiple times and yet it still took an epic blunder of a play to put Baltimore in a position to win the game.

It's true that the Broncos didn't play very well. But it's also true that the refs almost certainly altered the outcome of the game with those calls. The Broncos weren't quite good enough that day to overcome them.

So to you first question, what difference does it make? A loss vs. a win. So, in other words, a pretty big difference.

Last edited by TonyR; 01-17-2013 at 07:32 PM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #83
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
What difference does it make? Everybody gets bad calls against them and you arent the only ones. Why cant you just accept that your defense crapped the bed and played awful? Dont blame the refs for your defense choking.
Normally I agree, but this game was so flagrant and so frequent that it's an outrage. You should not be able to Tonya Harding a player in the open field in unobstructed view and get away with it.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #84
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Ravens are also lucky to win against SD..Rice didn't convert on 4th and 29.
It seems like it's ravens year..Let's see whom officials favor between Brady and Ray.
I believe ravens will win the game this week..
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #85
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Normally I agree, but this game was so flagrant and so frequent that it's an outrage. You should not be able to Tonya Harding a player in the open field in unobstructed view and get away with it.
Agree and i thought there were some bad calls in that game but the biggest ones im sure your angry about....Mannings fumble, Boldins catch.....those calls i thought were correct.

Thing is, they are so bent on more offense that they make many bad PI calls and i hate seeing everytime a WR get the ball thrown to them and they dont catch it they are waving their arms to get a PI call. I think they need to let the close calls go. The replacements i thought were better in that regard. But that was it
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #86
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It seems like it's ravens year..Let's see whom officials favor between Brady and Ray.
Yeah they were short but to even make it close within the foot they were short is dispicable.
Hate to see our team choke as they also did against you but you know, im so glad Turner finally got canned and AJ too for sticking with him. Maybe it is the Ravens year for getting breaks but i dont think they are going to beat the Patriots and dont think the Patriots will beat SF who i think will beat Atlanta. I do think the Pats will beat them.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #87
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

It felt like we were playing against Michael Jordan.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #88
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Agree and i thought there were some bad calls in that game but the biggest ones im sure your angry about....Mannings fumble, Boldins catch.....those calls i thought were correct.
Among others. The fumble was an incomplete pass per the tuck rule, and Boldin bobbled the ball and trapped it against the ground, technically speaking.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #89
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
What happened on that play? I didn't see it.

I think at least some of the time the refs are just zoning out and their little minds are wandering elsewhere.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #90
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Put it all together and send it to the NFL care of Bowlen
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #91
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Orlando Franklin was holding, on the "tuck rule" play. There was all SORTS of wrong, with that particular play...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #92
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Among others. The fumble was an incomplete pass per the tuck rule, and Boldin bobbled the ball and trapped it against the ground, technically speaking.
Well i certainly dont expect many here to agree, but i think they got those calls right. I dont agree he bobbled it and the ground trapped it. Catch all the way how i saw it and Mannings fumble was close but i thought it also was the correct call and it was explained pretty much how i saw it at the time as well.

I do think they need to sh*tc*n the tuck rule. It is a dumb rule.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #93
ChampJesusBailey
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Man I was heading to a friends to watch the game when the PI and subsequent Ravens TD and the pick 6 happened so that was my first time seeing them.

I think Carter was guilty of illegal contact for sure, definitely not PI. But that Decker no call was huge because on the play, the Ravens scored a touchdown.

I knew going into the game that it would take a monumentally terrible game by the Broncos to lose and that's exactly what they did. The defense stunk, the offense was too conservative, and to top it all off, the team would have had to overcome loads of Ravens points that came as a direct result of terrible officiating. Man that video just makes me pissed about the game again. ****
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #94
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

I refuse to watch any highlights of this game. Maybe in 10 years I will. Just saw highlights of the '96 playoff debacle for the first time. It was kind of funny just to see how much different the coaches, players and announcer looked.
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #95
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I need more salt. Can someone put together a vid of the 10 or so holding calls against doom that the refs decided to swallow their flags on?
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #96
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

[QUOTE=Boltjolt;3784008]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post

What difference does it make? The real culprit was your defense was awful. Dont blame the refs for your defense choking.

However, of what you have up there i will say the PI call on Bailey imo was a bad call.

I actually like the play by Carter on that play he was called and ....if anything it is illegal contact and that would be valid.

The Manning fumble imo was indeed a fumble. His arm wasnt going forward and he pulled it in against his body and then lost it. It could have gone either way really but i think it was the right call.
I hate the tuck rule. Im an advocate of the defense trying to stop the offense from making plays and it shouldnt matter if he tucked it down. If he fumbles, he fumbles and that rule is stupid.

Boldins catch was a catch. Wasnt really close imo. Had his hand on it the whole time and it is the refs call whether or not the ground helped him get control and imo, it didnt. He always had control. Catch all the way.

As for PI calls, i think they called too often and it wussifies the game imo.They need to let them play more than they do.
Cant remember which team got a PI called on them on this one but the defender had a hand on the WR's shoulder but it didnt interfere in the WR him from being able to catch the ball so i didnt agree with that one either. Not like he was yanking on him at all.
You are clearly missing something here.

Boldin's catch should have not been a catch, it was loose and hit the ground. I saw it, not sure why the refs couldn't.

Rewatch Manning's throw. It was coming out as he was moving his arm forward. He tried catch it and it fell incomplete. Horrible call.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:38 AM   #97
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Fine, and I agree. WHEN ONE TEAM IS ALLOWED TO PLAY, AND THE OTHER IS FLAGGED, THERE IS A PROBLEM. Do you really not see the discrepancy?

The two teams were effectively playing with two different sets of rules.

Last edited by TheElusiveKyleOrton; 01-18-2013 at 06:01 AM..
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #98
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

Is this really about Ray (probably a little) but its also about the Harbaugh Bowl......nothing will surprise me about the NE-Ravens game........either NE is going to wipe them out or Baltimore will get the same treatment in Denver.
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #99
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

The last one you are talking about was called for holding, not PI. You know, because he held him.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #100
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
they were also all on third down, either extending a drive for Baltimore or killing a drive for us:

Carter's DPI- Continued Baltimore drive led to TD
No DPI called for Decker- Pick 6
No DPI called on Suggs- Ends Denver's drive
Kuper's holding on the Lester dive- Drive killer
Tuck Rule PM fumble- Ended Denver drive
Boldin losing control of the ball- Continued Baltimore drive
Champ's PI- Continued Baltimore drive
It's actually even worse than what you have.

No DPI called on Suggs- Ends Denver's drive - Resulted in missed FG and Balt TD before half.

Tuck Rule PM fumble- Ended Denver drive - Resulted in Balt TD
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote