The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #51
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer
 
BigPlayShay's Avatar
 
Novaking

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,520

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Wasn't the kicker an oncoming substitute?
No, they ran 2 offensive plays in the 6th period before the FG.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #52
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

It's tough to win games when you have so many bad calls..
I was confident about this game as i felt Baltimore is not a good team.
Their defense is old and offense was not clicking.

Really unlucky to have these kind of officials.
Officiating was better in remaining three games.
Added to that, we became very conservative during the end.

Tough to forget this loss.
Can't explain how the **** NFL can hire those type of officials.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #53
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
We really need to send this to NFL headquarters and whats his face ... having a senior moment here ... oh yeah Goodell! Not that it would do much good but just maybe someone in authority sees the light and demotes that clown ref from ever running (ruining) another game as Head Ref!
We should send it and post it anywhere and everywhere we can. Not that it will do any good but it will make me feel better. I would assume the Broncos put something similar together and submit to the league?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #54
manchambo
Ring of Famer
 
manchambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
No, they ran 2 offensive plays in the 6th period before the FG.
And the trainer who held it for him is certainly not a substitute, or a trainer attending to the welfare of a player.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #55
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
And the trainer who held it for him is certainly not a substitute, or a trainer attending to the welfare of a player.
A god damn trainer was holding it!?

WTF, officials!?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #56
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
No, they ran 2 offensive plays in the 6th period before the FG.
3

Attachment 32018

Mike Pereira was just on the Fan spinning away. He incorrectly claimed it was a
substitution. Obviously Scott Hastings didn't challenge him - just bull****ted about how he calls the NBA - Lame.

Pereira did seem to intimate the PI calls were not called evenly.Wouldn't come out and say it though. I will post the link the the audio when it is up.

Here it is. Go to:
Attachment 32019
http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/D...spx?ID=1865393

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #57
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer
 
LetsGoBroncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,559
Default

Up to 195 views on Youtube!!

Is the title of the video in any danger of getting you in trouble?
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #58
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The "Kill Bill Vinovich" vid I posted at Ravens.com forums along with a detailed description of uncalled violations by the Ravens - with quotations from the NFL rule book...

My post apparently made it to the divisional game thread to which at least 2 people responded. Then it was deleted, along with responses, and the topic has since been locked.

They know damned well. They're doing damage control.

Last edited by nyuk nyuk; 01-17-2013 at 03:52 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #59
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Up to 195 views on Youtube!!

Is the title of the video in any danger of getting you in trouble?
I think it should be changed. It's deletion bait.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #60
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran
 
Rother8's Avatar
 
Mhmugggggeeeee

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I had no problem with
1- the tuck rule on Peyton
2- the Boldin catch
3(ish)- the PI on Carter in the 1st quarter

The Champ PI, Decker offensive PI, and the Kuper hold were literally laughable. I challenge anyone to find one holding call in a goalline or short-yardage situation. Defenders come flying in, it's impossible to call that unless you are a full fledged dumbass.

I'm indifferent on the Demaryius incidental tripping call. Defender was clearly not looking to make a play on the ball, still tough call though.

My knee-jerk reaction to the calls that game were if Dan Dierdof is b****ing and moaning about calls against Denver, Vinovinch can vault off a cliff.

Last edited by Rother8; 01-17-2013 at 04:09 PM..
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #61
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
The "Kill Bill Vinovich" vid I posted at Ravens.com forums along with a detailed description of uncalled violations by the Ravens - with quotations from the NFL rule book...

My post apparently made it to the divisional game thread to which at least 2 people responded. Then it was deleted, along with responses, and the topic has since been locked.

They know damned well. They're doing damage control.
It's funny; none of them deny anything, and they ALL know they got away with near-murder in that game. And this from a fanbase that went pro YEARS ago b****ing about the refs, and before the game started were prefacing their eventual loss with things like "I sure hope the refs don't give Peyton any nonsense calls. League LOVES Peyton."

All you can do is .
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #62
sgbfan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,500
Default

1. PI on Carter should have been illegal contact, but if thats called, the DT one should have also, it was more obvious.

2. The tuck rule, I can see how it wasn't overturned, tough call

3. The Boldin Catch was another one that is too close to call, OK to stick with the call on the field.

But the rest were horrible. That is 5 bad calls that changed field position, led directly to points or TO's (which led to points) or stopped a drive that would have ran the clock out at half, and given a better chance at a FG or a TD (Hester).

The Thomas call was the only one that didn't make much difference as we eventually scored a TD anyway, but it makes the Carter PI look worse.

All that combined, and the Broncos still should have won. This is the kind of game you never get over.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #63
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Want to make sure you all caught this in the video as well:
We were robbed the entire game.

Can't beat the refs.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #64
Cass
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
the NFL obviously picked him and his crew (who had not worked a game together all year) for a reason....what that reason is is up for debate.
They want Ray Ray to retire in a blaze of glory. I look forward to seeing what sort of shenanigans occur in Foxboro.

Funny enough, even with the horrible officials and the Broncos' disappointing play, the Ravens still needed overtime to win. A truly strong team would have been able to beat the Broncos up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #65
jerseyboiler120
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Its all about that criminal ray lewis. League has basically performed fellatio on him for 3 weeks now.

If boldin's trap is ruled a catch, then Stokely's (I think it was Stokely) on the next drive in OT has to be ruled a catch as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #66
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

they were also all on third down, either extending a drive for Baltimore or killing a drive for us:

Carter's DPI- Continued Baltimore drive led to TD
No DPI called for Decker- Pick 6
No DPI called on Suggs- Ends Denver's drive
Kuper's holding on the Lester dive- Drive killer
Tuck Rule PM fumble- Ended Denver drive
Boldin losing control of the ball- Continued Baltimore drive
Champ's PI- Continued Baltimore drive
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #67
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,824

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

The leg whip by the CB on DThomas, the holding on Kuper, the Boldin "catch" were the egregious ones to me. And of course the PI on Champ.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #68
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
they were also all on third down, either extending a drive for Baltimore or killing a drive for us:

Carter's DPI- Continued Baltimore drive led to TD
No DPI called for Decker- Pick 6
No DPI called on Suggs- Ends Denver's drive
Kuper's holding on the Lester dive- Drive killer
Tuck Rule PM fumble- Ended Denver drive
Boldin losing control of the ball- Continued Baltimore drive
Champ's PI- Continued Baltimore drive
amazing...usually complaining about the refs is lame, but how can this be brushed aside with a straight face?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #69
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,868

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

urge to kill...rising....
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #70
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
They want Ray Ray to retire in a blaze of glory. I look forward to seeing what sort of shenanigans occur in Foxboro.

Funny enough, even with the horrible officials and the Broncos' disappointing play, the Ravens still needed overtime to win. A truly strong team would have been able to beat the Broncos up.
I seriously doubt the Ravens get away with mugging the Patriot receivers in
Foxborough. There's no home town calls quite like the Patriots get. I was hoping we might benefit from the same, I was horribly wrong.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #71
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rother8 View Post
I had no problem with
1- the tuck rule on Peyton
2- the Boldin catch
3(ish)- the PI on Carter in the 1st quarter

The Champ PI, Decker offensive PI, and the Kuper hold were literally laughable. I challenge anyone to find one holding call in a goalline or short-yardage situation. Defenders come flying in, it's impossible to call that unless you are a full fledged dumbass.

I'm indifferent on the Demaryius incidental tripping call. Defender was clearly not looking to make a play on the ball, still tough call though.

My knee-jerk reaction to the calls that game were if Dan Dierdof is b****ing and moaning about calls against Denver, Vinovinch can vault off a cliff.
I think your post is fair except the one DT non-call I bolded. That was blatant. The defender knew he was beat and intentionally tripped him. That was basically a TD taken off the board.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #72
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
Its all about that criminal ray lewis. League has basically performed fellatio on him for 3 weeks now.
The media certainly has been.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #73
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I think your post is fair except the one DT non-call I bolded. That was blatant. The defender knew he was beat and intentionally tripped him. That was basically a TD taken off the board.
Yes it was. DT would have had a sure touchdown and the defender knew it so stuck out his left leg as he was going down.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #74
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rother8 View Post
I'm indifferent on the Demaryius incidental tripping call. Defender was clearly not looking to make a play on the ball, still tough call though.
How can you be indifferent when he intentionally jutted his leg out AT Thomas right when he was starting to fall down? That was a TOTAL Tonya Harding.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #75
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

I sent this video to Bill Simmons, IAOFM, and Mike Kils, and also posted on my facebook page. Might be too late to get much play on this but worth a try.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Denver Broncos