The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #76
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You know the Broncos offense is pretty simple, right? Did you have a problem with ll the points we scored this season?
Yes. Scoring 21 in a playoff isn't going to cut it, especially when blocking your way to the Super Bowl is the New England Polaroids.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #77
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
haha wtf
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #78
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
You were at the interview?
This is a joke :

… He called plays on multiple series in some late games, but wouldn’t reveal which ones they were or whether they resulted in touchdowns. “I’m not telling,” he said.

… Gase was impressed with the progress of quarterback Brock Osweiler. “He grew up so fast,” Gase said. “He really prepared as though he was going in on the next snap … he really pushed himself to do things right … to see that guy grow as fast as he did, I really enjoyed watching that.”

… Gase will hand off quarterback-coaching duties to a new hire and will not assume a dual role.

… He hasn’t decided whether he will call plays from the sideline or the booth.

… The notion that Manning was a de facto offensive coordinator was dismissed. “Peyton wants to be coached,” Gase said, adding that he learned how to be on point, because there was no end to how many questions Manning would ask. Gase also said Manning tweaked calls. “If you call something and it’s not good, he fixes it and puts you in a better play,” he said.

… Gase defended the kneeldown decision at the end of regulation Saturday. “As Fox said, it was best for our guys to regroup at the time, get to overtime & try to win it,” Gase said.

----------------------------------------------

Maybe we can bring back McHoodie's little bro as QBs coach?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #79
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
I feel like the Broncos' progress has just been stunted. A newbie OC with no experience?! He has nothing to bring to the table. NOTHING. This is a joke hire and it means no Super Bowl next year.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #80
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Yes. Scoring 21 in a playoff isn't going to cut it, especially when blocking your way to the Super Bowl is the New England Polaroids.
Yes because one game played in 5 degree weather is indicative of the Broncos offense. Not to mention, they were in position to score 24, and had two drives eliminated because of ST touchdowns. AND did it without our starting running back. Our offense is fine, it's one of the best in the league. If Rahim Moore makes a play, you're not b****ing about this. Keep perspective.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #81
nyuk nyuk

@Zona - Mark my words.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #82
swaiy

Im not seeing the problem.

Hey! I have an idea. Lets hire a new offensive coordinator so he can run an offensive system he hasnt been around. Better yet, maybe he can bring his own system and have the players start all over again learning it. That makes the perfect amount of sense. Peyton probably has about 6 more years left in him. The guys will gel midseason again and we can fall short next season.

Awesome.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #83
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Yes because one game played in 5 degree weather is indicative of the Broncos offense. Not to mention, they were in position to score 24, and had two drives eliminated because of ST touchdowns. AND did it without our starting running back. Our offense is fine, it's one of the best in the league. If Rahim Moore makes a play, you're not b****ing about this. Keep perspective.
If the weather affected their performance this badly, then they're worse than I thought. It wasn't snowing, the wind wasn't blowing. Peyton, for whatever weird reason, was throwing low balls that reminded me of Timmy.

Our offense IS one of the best in the league, and my concern is will it stay that way with an inexperienced OC that I get the impression was only hired because another deal fell through?

There were a number of things that were pathetic about that game, Rahim's error only one of many. He took on way too much responsibility for that loss. Kicking the dirt, crappy playcalling (again), blown coverage left and right that reminded me of last year's secondary, etc. We were dominated at the line of scrimmage.

And of course, horrid officiating which spotted Buttmore a pick 6 on a non-called defensive pass interference, among other crappy calls.

We shouldn't have lost that game, but we didn't deserve to win, either.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #84
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
This is a joke :

… He called plays on multiple series in some late games, but wouldn’t reveal which ones they were or whether they resulted in touchdowns. “I’m not telling,” he said.

… Gase was impressed with the progress of quarterback Brock Osweiler. “He grew up so fast,” Gase said. “He really prepared as though he was going in on the next snap … he really pushed himself to do things right … to see that guy grow as fast as he did, I really enjoyed watching that.”

… Gase will hand off quarterback-coaching duties to a new hire and will not assume a dual role.

… He hasn’t decided whether he will call plays from the sideline or the booth.

… The notion that Manning was a de facto offensive coordinator was dismissed. “Peyton wants to be coached,” Gase said, adding that he learned how to be on point, because there was no end to how many questions Manning would ask. Gase also said Manning tweaked calls. “If you call something and it’s not good, he fixes it and puts you in a better play,” he said.

… Gase defended the kneeldown decision at the end of regulation Saturday. “As Fox said, it was best for our guys to regroup at the time, get to overtime & try to win it,” Gase said.

----------------------------------------------

Maybe we can bring back McHoodie's little bro as QBs coach?
Which points do you take offense too?
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #85
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
If the weather affected their performance this badly, then they're worse than I thought. It wasn't snowing, the wind wasn't blowing. Peyton, for whatever weird reason, was throwing low balls that reminded me of Timmy.

Our offense IS one of the best in the league, and my concern is will it stay that way with an inexperienced OC that I get the impression was only hired because another deal fell through?

There were a number of things that were pathetic about that game, Rahim's error only one of many. He took on way too much responsibility for that loss. Kicking the dirt, crappy playcalling (again), blown coverage left and right that reminded me of last year's secondary, etc. We were dominated at the line of scrimmage.

And of course, horrid officiating which spotted Buttmore a pick 6 on a non-called defensive pass interference, among other crappy calls.

We shouldn't have lost that game, but we didn't deserve to win, either.
Ever stand in 5 degree weather for 5 hours? That **** is always gonna play a roll.

Our offense is fine. Quit b****ing.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #86
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Would love to hear how Gase doesn't bring anything to the table. Lolololol.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #87
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The best hire we could get outside of Whiz. The problem with Whiz is that he would have probably been hired anyway next year. Heck I am sure that would have been the case. He was getting interviews after the horrible season they just had. People that don't like this is just because he is not a big name. I remember Cutler talking him up, he managed to stick on 3 coaching staffs on the same team. That must mean something. All the positions he has coached have been successful under his watch.

You can take this to the bank. He will be a HC in about 2-3 years. This lets us continue with the current system and better yet, when the time arrives for Brock to take over, we should know for sure if he is the QBOTF.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #88
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

So................Where will Gase be the HC at next year....?
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #89
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
@Zona - Mark my words.
What a bold prediction. One of the thirty two teams won't win the SB next year. We're all impressed.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #90
TonyR
Franchise Poster

dramallama being dramallama...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #91
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
So................Where will Gase be the HC at next year....?
Kansas City, obviously.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #92
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I am not sure why you keep doing that.
Gase will keep listening to Fox and will screw us again in big games.
He does it because... like Denethor's.... your outlook and prognostications on everything has been unrelentingly pessimistic and gloomy. He makes a valid point.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #93
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Go sit in the corner, TJ
Trying to interpret this...
Are you saying Peyton Manning won't be a coach?
That he won't start as an OC at the highest?
Or maybe you think he would start immediately as a HC?

Obviously, my take is purely speculative - as would be any take you have. Curious what part you don't agree with.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #94
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Another McD guy to follow McD's guy McCoy. McD actually has a coaching tree. Wow.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #95
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Have read nothing but good things about Gase. Started here as McDaniels WR coach. Promoted by Fox/Elway to QB coach, and now to be molded by Peyton Manning as an Offensive Coordinator.

The reason I like this move: I believe this is Peyton Manning's choice as much as anyone, and I favor any move that puts Peyton Manning's indelible stamp on this team. Why this is important to me - I believe that Peyton Manning is going to have a coaching career past football. Football is in his DNA in a way that being in the front office won't satisfy him. He is going to always want to be involved in the X's and O's. Anything that can be done now to make Denver an attractive option for him, I am in favor of.

Adam Gase may very well be the next Denver Broncos head coach, with Peyton Manning as his OC.
Interesting perspective. I also like the hire simply because Gase is an unknown as an OC and he's young. Hopefully he will take some risks, especially with a guy like Manning who he can have confidence in to make the right decisions.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #96
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Well, a few things.
One, they have to be able to play in frigid temps at Mile High.
Two, the O scored only 14 pts until there was 7:11 left in regulation.
Three, Denver's O had 12 drives in regulation, Balt's O 12 in regulation.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #97
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
What a bold prediction. One of the thirty two teams won't win the SB next year. We're all impressed.
Considering before last season, my prediction was they'd get no farther than the divisional, you may want to listen.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #98
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Considering before last season, my prediction was they'd get no farther than the divisional, you may want to listen.
We're so lucky to have you here as a resource.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #99
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Gase's Offense: 'Pedal to the Metal'

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-aaf574b67e89
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #100
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Ever stand in 5 degree weather for 5 hours? That **** is always gonna play a roll.
Didn't seem to hurt the Ravens much.