The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #26
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Not sure why they were saying that there was no penalty for it, it's right on the NFL website:

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...ame_Timing.pdf
Unreal.

This has to go down as one of the oddest games in NFL history
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #27
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

On the Moore play at the end of the second half.
It was an inexcusable mistake.

But I wonder if the coaches had warned the secondary to make
NO contact that could be possibly interpreted as PI. Play off the
receivers a bit.

I have no doubt that if Moore had been in position to intercept or
knock the pass down and there was any contact at all a flag would have appeared, whether or not it was interference..
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #28
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

This video just set me back two stages in my grief therapy.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #29
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Not helping.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #30
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

We wuz robbed.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #31
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Just when I was starting to learn how to cope, I come here, watch this **** and lose it.

I mean - I'd like to give props for finding this ****, but it really makes me so godamned angry its unbearable. So screw all of you.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #32
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Yeah. That's the worst **** I've ever seen.

How in the everloving **** does Vinovich still have a job? How?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #33
BroncosfanGuy

didn't even make it through the entire video...stopped after the BS holding flag on 3rd & 1. The flag was thrown waaaaay after the end of the play and after it was obvious Hester picked up the 1st down.

Egregious. The NFL by way of their their replacement ref altered the outcome of the game. This is the exact reason I quit watching the nba.

But I'm sure Denver hasn't sent tape to the NFL. Probably too busy crunching numbers & trying to figure out when to take a knee w/ Payton MF Manning running the offense.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #34
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Yeah. That's the worst **** I've ever seen.

How in the everloving **** does Vinovich still have a job? How?
the NFL obviously picked him and his crew (who had not worked a game together all year) for a reason....what that reason is is up for debate.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #35
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
the NFL obviously picked him and his crew (who had not worked a game together all year) for a reason....what that reason is is up for debate.
Yeah, I get that, I just... the incompetence. And then for Pereira to come out and get all DERP-y with cherry-picked calls... just insane.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #36
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Yeah, I get that, I just... the incompetence. And then for Pereira to come out and get all DERP-y with cherry-picked calls... just insane.
completely insane. the guy was a replacement ref at the beginning of the year and all of a sudden he's the head of a hodge-podge crew that has never worked together and just so happens to call a completely one-sided game in the divisional round of the playoffs.

total and complete bs.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #37
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Now I'm all pissed off again. How can every call go their way?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #38
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
completely insane. the guy was a replacement ref at the beginning of the year and all of a sudden he's the head of a hodge-podge crew that has never worked together and just so happens to call a completely one-sided game in the divisional round of the playoffs.

total and complete bs.
He wasn't a replacement ref. He used to be in the league and took a couple years off due to health reasons. But why he was chosen over Hochuli or someone I don't know.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #39
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
He wasn't a replacement ref. He used to be in the league and took a couple years off due to health reasons. But why he was chosen over Hochuli or someone I don't know.
thanks for the clarification. Wiki has him listed as a 'substitute' official. I must have misread.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #40
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Why were commentators saying that Tuckers kick was illegal, but that there was no penalty for it? Unless that rule above is fake, seems pretty clear to me?
It WAS illegal, but perhaps there's no penalty for it? It's very odd and something the NFL needs to be on top of.

Fox stated that our ST coach was howling at the line judge who shooed the kicker off the field. Problem is the attention of the LJ was gotten too late - the guy already kicked the ball. Why there was no yardage put against the Ravens there is beyond me.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #41
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Now I'm all pissed off again. How can every call go their way?
For the most part, it seemed that way. I was pretty infuriated at the time, but it doesn't cover for our poor performance.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #42
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Man, when you compare the no PI call on Decker to the PI call on Champ it's ****ing criminal
It really is criminal!!

And someone should go post this over at the Ravens board .. I would but they wont let me in anymore , even though I was perfectly civil and made no derogatory comments about any fan there nor any Raven player or coach whatsoever. They just didn't like a Bronco fan correcting some of the Raven's fans misperceptions about our team as was prevalent the weak before the game.

I fully acknowledged on the Ravens board that their "team was a good one and could very well win, however unlikely that would be in Denver, but only when and if the Broncos under-performed relative to their season average quality of play on both sides of the ball ....AND ... the Ravens played inspired high quality Ravens ball as good as any game this season for 60+ minutes ... AND ... the refs have a big hand in assisting a Ravens upset'

Alas, it turns out those unlikely caveats were completely prophetic, giving Nostradamus a run for his money! Yet, apparently that was too upsetting for their delicate Mods.

Very anal, Nazi-like childish rules over there frankly, makes me appreciate the OM and our Mods all the more.

I even tried to post my promised crow-eating congrats after the debacle and wished the Ravens success in knocking off the Brady Bunch this weekend, but no such luck, I was still locked out.

Anyway, this video is a compelling compilation and it's a fact that the Raven fans would find it impossible to compile a similar video showing any where near as many terrible and questionable calls that went against them in that game! Certainly none with close to the impact on the game outcome as the hatchet job that Head Ref whose Name shall not be uttered here, pulled on Bronco Nation.

Last edited by Hulamau; 01-17-2013 at 01:06 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #43
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

This was the first footage I have watched since being at the game. Been avoiding every sports show, etc.

**** me, I wish I hadn't watched this.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #44
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
This video just set me back two stages in my grief therapy.
That's what I was feeling. Damn.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #45
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Not sure why they were saying that there was no penalty for it, it's right on the NFL website:

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...ame_Timing.pdf
Un****ingbelievable. We WERE robbed, weren't we?

Article 2 There will be intervals of at least two minutes between the first and second periods (first half) and between the third
and fourth periods (second half). During these intermissions all playing rules continue in force, and no representative of
either team shall enter the field unless he is an incoming substitute, or a team attendant or trainer, entering to see to the
welfare of a player.

Penalty: For illegally entering the field: Loss of 15 yards from the succeeding spot (13-1-6-Pen.).
Old 01-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #46
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

We really need to send this to NFL headquarters and whats his face ... having a senior moment here ... oh yeah Goodell! Not that it would do much good but just maybe someone in authority sees the light and demotes that clown ref from ever running (ruining) another game as Head Ref!

I'm really pissed off now!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #47
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
And someone should go post this over at the Ravens board .. I would but they wont let me in anymore , even though I was perfectly civil and made no derogatory comments about any fan there nor any Raven player or coach whatsoever. They just didn't like a Bronco fan correcting some of the Raven's fans misperceptions about our team as was prevalent the weak before the game.
I've been at PatriotsPlanet and they've gotten so low they're altering URLs in my posts and changing them to things derogatory of PFM. But they are Polaroids fans, after all.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #48
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
He was a replacement ref. That's how he got back into the league this year.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #49
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Un****ingbelievable. We WERE robbed, weren't we?

Article 2 There will be intervals of at least two minutes between the first and second periods (first half) and between the third
and fourth periods (second half). During these intermissions all playing rules continue in force, and no representative of
either team shall enter the field unless he is an incoming substitute, or a team attendant or trainer, entering to see to the
welfare of a player.

Penalty: For illegally entering the field: Loss of 15 yards from the succeeding spot (13-1-6-Pen.).
Wasn't the kicker an oncoming substitute?
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #50
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I made it to the Manning fumble before I stopped. Jesus christ. That pass is incomplete in two different ways. If he maintains control it's the tuck rule, but he doesn't. That ball comes out half way through his motion and he never gets it back. It's obviously an incomplete pass.

What a cruel joke.

I'm back to mad as hell.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote