The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #51
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The spider does love him some flannel.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #52
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm fine with Gase but Whisenhunt would have potentially been very inexpensive:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/
I don't think that's true. I think the Broncos would still have to pay him OC money and the Cardinals would have to cover the remainder of his head coach contract.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #53
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer

I root for laundry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

The guy is young and from what I've heard fairly balsy. Does that mean we'll still be conservative? That's on Fox but I don't believe there will ever be a coach here who will risk their careers with insubordination. I don't think that is who this team hires. Fox is not a micro-manager though. We'll find out very soon if Gase can call a game or not.
I like it. Young coordinators are too inexperienced to be timid in their play-calling. I want a kid that can think faster and wants to make a name for himself by dropping 40-plus on opponents. Despite the apparently tougher schedule next year, I'm guessing they improve on their 30.1 points a game average.
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #54
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Translation: Manning to remain offensive coordinator.
Ha! There it is.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #55
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

http://milehighsports.com/2013/01/17...o-play-faster/

“You’re not starting over, and in April we’ll be ready right from the get-go,” Gase said Thursday.

Tempo will be paramount, Gase noted, and he admitted that the offense is “going to try to play faster” than it did in 2012.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #56
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
http://milehighsports.com/2013/01/17...o-play-faster/

“You’re not starting over, and in April we’ll be ready right from the get-go,” Gase said Thursday.

Tempo will be paramount, Gase noted, and he admitted that the offense is “going to try to play faster” than it did in 2012.
"31 seconds, two time outs, go!"

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #57
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Why do you care if they "save coin" on a coaching hire? It's not your money, and there's no salary cap for coaches.

Anyway, not the sexy pick some wanted, but a good hire for the sake of stability, plus Gase is considered a good, young offensive mind.
I disagree with what he said, but you're actually more wrong. For the past several seasons the Broncos have always referred to their "budget" and not the cap. This would certainly fall under that umbrella.

...but as other's have mentioned, I certainly don't believe this was a "cost saving" move for an instant. I like Gase
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #58
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I am not sure why you keep doing that.
Gase will keep listening to Fox and will screw us again in big games.
Projection projection projection.. you don't have the faintest idea what Gase will do as OC beyond continuing the tight continuity he has established with Manning which is the most important relationship in this job.

He may well have a lot of ideas to add more wrinkles and some surprises to the O .. so far the Elway/ Russell/Bowlen/ Fox group have been pretty solid with their hires and picks.

Every stud coach out there came up through the ranks. Gase has a very good rep as it is. Why not see what he can do first before throwing him under the bus in a hissy fit!?
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #59
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I disagree with what he said, but you're actually more wrong. For the past several seasons the Broncos have always referred to their "budget" and not the cap. This would certainly fall under that umbrella.

...but as other's have mentioned, I certainly don't believe this was a "cost saving" move for an instant. I like Gase
I think it is a good move, Gase knows Manning and the WRs and he knows the playbook that Manning likes. This also means Gase won't be hired by another team leaving us without our 2 top offensive coaches.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #60
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Does Gase ever get a promotion for merit or just because he is there?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #61
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

This was a continuity/comfort move more than anything else and for those that aren't blind our offense for the next 2-3 seasons will be Peyton Manning and his supporting cast. The offense averaged 30 points last season, 2nd only behind the Patriots. Personally love the appointment and look for more of the same in 2013/14
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #62
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Its a pretty false argument to pretend nothing exists between this and what we just witnessed last Saturday.

I was hoping for an OC with the credibility to at least challenge Foxy to rethink through some things. Nothing against Gase but coming up from within its hard to see him being in a position to do that.
There is a difference between a guy that has influence to get some concessions on aggressive play calling, and a guy that comes in and all of a sudden the offensive side of the ball looks like an arena football team. I exaggerated my example, but the point is that a total transformation of offensive philosophy was not going to happen. Not while Fox is coach. Period.

Being so young, maybe Gase is more aggressive than McCoy, and maybe Fox will give him some leeway when he proves himself. Maybe he is not, but we really don't know. However, I for one, am interested in finding out.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #63
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I think it is a good move, Gase knows Manning and the WRs and he knows the playbook that Manning likes. This also means Gase won't be hired by another team leaving us without our 2 top offensive coaches.
Agree. Continuity is king.

Gase has been regarded highly by the FO and staff for years now, too, so there's some extra gravy on the continuity-sandwich.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #64
nyuk nyuk

I feel like the Broncos' progress has just been stunted. A newbie OC with no experience?! He has nothing to bring to the table. NOTHING. This is a joke hire and it means no Super Bowl next year.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #65
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Have read nothing but good things about Gase. Started here as McDaniels WR coach. Promoted by Fox/Elway to QB coach, and now to be molded by Peyton Manning as an Offensive Coordinator.

The reason I like this move: I believe this is Peyton Manning's choice as much as anyone, and I favor any move that puts Peyton Manning's indelible stamp on this team. Why this is important to me - I believe that Peyton Manning is going to have a coaching career past football. Football is in his DNA in a way that being in the front office won't satisfy him. He is going to always want to be involved in the X's and O's. Anything that can be done now to make Denver an attractive option for him, I am in favor of.

Adam Gase may very well be the next Denver Broncos head coach, with Peyton Manning as his OC.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #66
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:

I don't either. What is more likely is that Whiz, and Schumer for that matter, might have rejected the idea of taking a demotion "for free".

They either want to be HC or they want to be on the beach. Can't say that I blame them to be honest. That scenario is certainly a possibility.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #67
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good move.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #68
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
...with Peyton Manning as his OC.

Go sit in the corner, TJ
Old 01-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #69
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Have read nothing but good things about Gase. Started here as McDaniels WR coach. Promoted by Fox/Elway to QB coach, and now to be molded by Peyton Manning as an Offensive Coordinator.

The reason I like this move: I believe this is Peyton Manning's choice as much as anyone, and I favor any move that puts Peyton Manning's indelible stamp on this team. Why this is important to me - I believe that Peyton Manning is going to have a coaching career past football. Football is in his DNA in a way that being in the front office won't satisfy him. He is going to always want to be involved in the X's and O's. Anything that can be done now to make Denver an attractive option for him, I am in favor of.

Adam Gase may very well be the next Denver Broncos head coach, with Peyton Manning as his OC.
There's no way in hell they picked him over Whisenhunt. That deal fell through and Gase was the fall-back. This is a joke and I hate this pick.

As for PFM being OC.. Uh...
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #70
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I feel like the Broncos' progress has just been stunted. A newbie OC with no experience?! He has nothing to bring to the table. NOTHING. This is a joke hire and it means no Super Bowl next year.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #71
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
"31 seconds, two time outs, go!"

John Fox said he called it.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #72
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Agree. Continuity is king.

Gase has been regarded highly by the FO and staff for years now, too, so there's some extra gravy on the continuity-sandwich.
Seriously. There was nothing wrong with our offense. Just keep doing the same thing.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #73
swaiy

Quote:
There's no way in hell they picked him over Whisenhunt. That deal fell through and Gase was the fall-back. This is a joke and I hate this pick.

You were at the interview?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #74
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

You know the Broncos offense is pretty simple, right? Did you have a problem with ll the points we scored this season?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #75
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post

Last edited by nyuk nyuk; 01-17-2013 at 03:14 PM..