The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #26
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,684
Default

Stedman Bailey in Round 2.

I disagree on the Tavon Austin thought. He's so much smaller than Percy Harvin or Dexter McCluster. He's DeSean Jackson size, and Jackson gets injured every year. No way Austin can play like Harvin does. Harvin barely makes it through a season. And Austin would get lawn-chaired like johnny Knox if he played the slot. Austin is an outside deep threat and return guy like DeSean. He'll get destroyed if he does anything else.

He also has no chance of going Round 1. Nobody will take someone that is 5'9, 170 lbs in Round 1. Maybe not even in Round 2.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:19 AM   #27
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

I like the idea of Swope in round 2 or 3. Also like Hopkins, but not sure he will even make it around to us in the first. He is probably looking at being a #1 or 2 in the NFL and may be the top WR in this class.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #28
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Stedman Bailey in Round 2.

I disagree on the Tavon Austin thought. He's so much smaller than Percy Harvin or Dexter McCluster. He's DeSean Jackson size, and Jackson gets injured every year. No way Austin can play like Harvin does. Harvin barely makes it through a season. And Austin would get lawn-chaired like johnny Knox if he played the slot. Austin is an outside deep threat and return guy like DeSean. He'll get destroyed if he does anything else.

He also has no chance of going Round 1. Nobody will take someone that is 5'9, 170 lbs in Round 1. Maybe not even in Round 2.
Agreed. Austin gets lots of hype, but not a 1st or even 2nd rounder.
Amendola in FA or go after 1 of these guys in the late 2nd or 3rd round.
Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
Stedman Bailey*, WR, West Virginia
Robert Woods*, WR, USC

DeAndre Hopkins will not be around past the 40th pick, so anyone who thinks DEN can get him should forget about it.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #29
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
DeAndre Hopkins will not be around past the 40th pick, so anyone who thinks DEN can get him should forget about it.
We pick 28th, so, yes, he is a possibility.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #30
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
We pick 28th, so, yes, he is a possibility.
The 28th pick has already been alotted to Champ Bailey's replacement.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #31
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
The 28th pick has already been alotted to Champ Bailey's replacement.
Well, I'm not saying that there aren't other positions we could address there, but a WR wouldn't shock me.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #32
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
The 28th pick has already been alotted to Champ Bailey's replacement.
Dee Millner isn't falling past the top 15.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #33
SPORTSWRITER
Initials are ESP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 239
Default Option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
our good friend lonestar can tell you how the cap will come into play and we may need to let one walk due to financial reasons
I'd ask Manning or Champ or ?? to take a reconstructed salary pay cut via deferred payments before I'd let either Decker or Thomas go!!!
SPORTSWRITER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #34
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Goodwin brings a similar skill set as Austin, but you know at a seventh round price! We need to be focusing on value..

Another guy I really like and he will be in my next mock and I have not seen his name on here yet is Chad Bumphis.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #35
phibacka31
Ring of Famer
 
phibacka31's Avatar
 
Leggo

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 1,348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Not a draft pick, but I wouldn't mind also signing Donnie Avery and adding him to the mix.
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Denver Broncos