The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #126
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
If Bailey is smart he'll move to safety and admit hes not a CB in this league no more. If you can't stick Troy Smith what makes you think he can stick elite Receivers like A.J Green, Calvin Johnson etc. And i don't know about your stats but in the Bengals game A.J smoked Bailey

A. Green Rec7 Yards99 Avg14.1 TD1
No Bailey is good for another year. He had a bad half of football ... at a bad time admittedly but that happens to EVERY star football player.

With all that Champ has accomplished, including this year, he more than deserves to have to start showing those kind of slips more than once or twice in a blue moon before you kick a first round ballot HOF corner to the curb!

The second TD wasnt even bad coverage, Dion was analyzing Champs play in that game yesterday on NFL.com and he said that on the first long TD when Smith pushed off on Champs left shoulder it causes the CB to have to reset his stride jsut a bit and that is all it takes for a speed burner like Smith to get that step on Champ he needed and it was a perfect throw that led him just enough to help accelerate Torreys stride rather than slow him down any so there was little chance at that point for Champ to make the play .. Had Champ done a better bump off the line things would likely have been different, but as Champ said 'I lost him for second on the line and he got away from me'.

On the second long Flacco-Smith TD, that was a picture perfect looping line drive kind of pass and Dion said Champ had perfect coverage .. "You cant ask for better coverage on that kind of route than Champ had, but Flacco threw it intentionally just a little short and Torrey made that quik turn around comeback but Champ couldnt stop his momentum ... a great pass and solid route will beat most CBs no matter who they are!"

Two other times in the first half Smith got ahead of Champ as well but the passes weren't completed or he stepped out of bounds on one of them.

Champ and the D made adjustments in the second half and Torrey was quiet the rest of the game while Champ was solid.

You have to really review what happened and why before going overboard and advocating moving Champ to safety, just because of a single bad half for him!

We need someone who will perform consistently better than Champ all year long before he get reassigned to safety!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #127
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,685

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
No Bailey is good for another year. He had a bad half of football ... at a bad time admittedly but that happens to EVERY star football player.

With all that Champ has accomplished, including this year, he more than deserves to have to start showing those kind of slips more than once or twice in a blue moon before you kick a first round ballot HOF corner to the curb!

The second TD wasnt even bad coverage, Dion was analyzing Champs play in that game yesterday on NFL.com and he said that on the first long TD when Smith pushed off on Champs left shoulder it causes the CB to have to reset his stride jsut a bit and that is all it takes for a speed burner like Smith to get that step on Champ he needed and it was a perfect throw that led him just enough to help accelerate Torreys stride rather than slow him down any so there was little chance at that point for Champ to make the play .. Had Champ done a better bump off the line things would likely have been different, but as Champ said 'I lost him for second on the line and he got away from me'.

On the second long Flacco-Smith TD, that was a picture perfect looping line drive kind of pass and Dion said Champ had perfect coverage .. "You cant ask for better coverage on that kind of route than Champ had, but Flacco threw it intentionally just a little short and Torrey made that quik turn around comeback but Champ couldnt stop his momentum ... a great pass and solid route will beat most CBs no matter who they are!"

Two other times in the first half Smith got ahead of Champ as well but the passes weren't completed or he stepped out of bounds on one of them.

Champ and the D made adjustments in the second half and Torrey was quiet the rest of the game while Champ was solid.

You have to really review what happened and why before going overboard and advocating moving Champ to safety, just because of a single bad half for him!

We need someone who will perform consistently better than Champ all year long before he get reassigned to safety!
NO! DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO PUNISHER'S AMAZING ARGUMENT?

CUT CHAMP!

CUT MOORE!

CUT PEYTON!

FIRE ELWAY AND FOX!

WE'RE DOOMED AS A FRANCHISE!!!!
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #128
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Money to Burn WOOOO®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,178

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
NO! DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO PUNISHER'S AMAZING ARGUMENT?

CUT CHAMP!

CUT MOORE!

CUT PEYTON!

FIRE ELWAY AND FOX!

WE'RE DOOMED AS A FRANCHISE!!!!
lol! I didn't say that
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #129
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,760

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Rahim Moore is coming in my dreams...
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #130
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Rahim Moore is coming in my dreams...
TMI

(jacquizz rodgers has sent you a friends request)

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #131
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

A couple of things here about Moore:

1. He is Not a good NFL safety. He is what coaches call serviceable as a FS. Did he improve this year? Absolutely. He was a much more reliable tackler. However, he was shaky all year in pass coverage and had a solid pass rush hide his deep ball liabilities for most of the season.

2. The lack of coaching for Moore was atrocious. JDR, Ron Milus, and Sam Garnes are not sleeping well at all right now for botching that rush three, five under, 3 deep play where the DAMN safety never flipped his hips to keep depth and tried to backpedal to a deep ball.

Mistake 1: WTF does he care about the TE in front of HIM?!? You want them to throw it in front of you Dumbass! That eats up clock and stops playcalling options!

Mistake 2:Why was he reading the underneath routes at all in that situation? Poor coaching, and even worse situational awareness by a kid who is over his head covering deep still.

Mistake 3: He let the WR get deeper than him. This alone is unforgivable for a safety anytime. That is a safety's primary job in coverage all the time. In that situation, he deserves to be ridiculed for that alone.

Mistake 4: What ******g technique was that? He never once flipped his hips and tracked the ball while running backwards. Then, he tried to make a play on the ball instead of making a tackle! That is the selfish part, and its un-disciplined coaching too. He made the same error earlier this year and no one corrected it, because he did it again at the worst possible time.

3. Coaching blunders: Why not invite the short throw and rush 4? It is not like they were getting any pressure all game anyway and could even think they could with just 3! Then, play quarters coverage all day with umbrella principles to funnel all catches in bounds? WTF are you playing that crap coverage in the first place?

So, while Moore totally blew it, I do not want to hear he makes that play in practice 99 out of a 100 times! There is no way he could by making 3 mental errors and 2 technical errors on that play. He showed he had no idea how to play that coverage and he proved it to the detriment of the team.

I told you guys all year, the stories of his improvement were overrated. I admitted he became a much more solid tackler. However, no one wanted to listen when I brought up how undisciplined he was in coverage and how occasionally lost he was. Unfortunately for all of us, Rahim showed us just how bad that really was on that one play.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #132
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,845
Default

Maybe it's just me but I would have had someone standing back there on the 5 yard line.

And my last words would be screaming 'NO ONE GETS BEHIND YOU"!

A min. left with no TO's and 80 yards to go (besides the fact that Flacco had been throwing it up all day long) WTF did Del Rio think they were going to do? Dink and Dunk?
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #133
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,441

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
A couple of things here about Moore:

1. He is Not a good NFL safety. He is what coaches call serviceable as a FS. Did he improve this year? Absolutely. He was a much more reliable tackler. However, he was shaky all year in pass coverage and had a solid pass rush hide his deep ball liabilities for most of the season.

2. The lack of coaching for Moore was atrocious. JDR, Ron Milus, and Sam Garnes are not sleeping well at all right now for botching that rush three, five under, 3 deep play where the DAMN safety never flipped his hips to keep depth and tried to backpedal to a deep ball.

Mistake 1: WTF does he care about the TE in front of HIM?!? You want them to throw it in front of you Dumbass! That eats up clock and stops playcalling options!

Mistake 2:Why was he reading the underneath routes at all in that situation? Poor coaching, and even worse situational awareness by a kid who is over his head covering deep still.

Mistake 3: He let the WR get deeper than him. This alone is unforgivable for a safety anytime. That is a safety's primary job in coverage all the time. In that situation, he deserves to be ridiculed for that alone.

Mistake 4: What ******g technique was that? He never once flipped his hips and tracked the ball while running backwards. Then, he tried to make a play on the ball instead of making a tackle! That is the selfish part, and its un-disciplined coaching too. He made the same error earlier this year and no one corrected it, because he did it again at the worst possible time.

3. Coaching blunders: Why not invite the short throw and rush 4? It is not like they were getting any pressure all game anyway and could even think they could with just 3! Then, play quarters coverage all day with umbrella principles to funnel all catches in bounds? WTF are you playing that crap coverage in the first place?

So, while Moore totally blew it, I do not want to hear he makes that play in practice 99 out of a 100 times! There is no way he could by making 3 mental errors and 2 technical errors on that play. He showed he had no idea how to play that coverage and he proved it to the detriment of the team.

I told you guys all year, the stories of his improvement were overrated. I admitted he became a much more solid tackler. However, no one wanted to listen when I brought up how undisciplined he was in coverage and how occasionally lost he was. Unfortunately for all of us, Rahim showed us just how bad that really was on that one play.
Thank you. I disagree with you slightly in that I think he improved more than you give him credit for, but the overall theme of what you've written is true. Mistake 3 in that situation at even a collegiate or high school level is unforgivable, much less when you're in the 4th quarter of the a ****ing NFL playoff game, with a 97 percent chance of winning if he simply keeps the receiver in play and in front of him. Cutting Moore outright would be stupid and an overreaction, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's moved for a 4th or 5th rounder or a player in the off-season. A player that makes that egregious a mental mistake in that situation will never be trusted again, and probably will have issues with the mental aspects of the game as a result of such a serious screw up.

Last edited by razorwire77; 01-15-2013 at 01:42 PM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #134
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

This is ****ing stupid.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #135
BroncsCheer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I can't believe how many of you seem to have had your lives ruined by the outcome of an entertainment event.

If that's really the case AND you don't work for the Denver Broncos...... All I can say is that you're doing it wrong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #136
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,103

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

the moment was just too damn big for him....its the only way to explain a mental lock like that....all he could think about was getting beat deep and that's exactly what happened
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #137
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,584
Default

Maybe the reason he screwed up is because he's not any good?

He had a terrible rookie year and a decent year this year until the ultimate meltdown moment that will live in infamy

Regardless of what he does from here forward he'll always be the d bag that s--- the bed at the worst possible moment.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #138
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Except that, if he makes that play, we win that game.
And if Champ doesn't get burned twice we win it too, so what's your ****ing point?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #139
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
We should be moving in a direction to immediately replace him without him knowing it. Oh sure it's all giggles and it'll be fine let's grow from this happy horse**** until the call comes that we just signed your replacement, drafted his backup, bring your play book because your career here is 100% ****ed. Piss off dickhead.
Man, this sounds familiar....I guess you can always tell the nuthuggers who are still butt hurt.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #140
comoose00
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

This has to be the biggest bunch of douche baggery that have seen in a while. Moore is fine. Did he make a big mistake, of course. I hope every one of you guys is perfect in life or else you should be beaten, killed, or fired for every mistake that you make. The question is will he learn from his mistake?, I would be willing to bet that he does. What in this young mans career has led you to believe that he will not learn from this. Like other people have said why are we so intent on making him the scapegoat? There were many issues with the game. So i have an idea hit the pipe, don't forget to breath and maybe realize that football is a game and he didn't ruin your life because he made a mistake. Would you feel so bad if you hadn't talked so much **** that you had to have a huge helping of humble pie?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #141
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,760

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
I can't believe how many of you seem to have had your lives ruined by the outcome of an entertainment event.

If that's really the case AND you don't work for the Denver Broncos...... All I can say is that you're doing it wrong.
Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #142
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Man, this sounds familiar....I guess you can always tell the nuthuggers who are still butt hurt.....
Your day revolves around Tebow. Let it go. Not everything is about a Tebow. Every time your labia flares up you pull out that tired old canard.

Moore has chronically underperformed and if not for lack of competition at the position we would be in a position to move him immediately. As it is we're not but his replacement needs to be brought in. He's not a ball hawk and the only reason he can play the run like he did this year is because Champ played his man all year and freed Moore up to do any number of things. So Moore's improvement was due to the fact that Champ took away a huge portion of the field and Moore didn't have to be tied to playing his responsibilities like most safeties in the league and even then he peaked at mediocrity. Can't ball hawk average in run support can't maintain position, situationally unaware, and lacking in even rudimentary understanding of basic elements of the position. Yeah, I think we should look for better talent at the position. Are you seriously going to sit there and tell me Moore is the lead pipe lock best we can do?
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #143
spiralism
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Redemption. Let the kid have his shot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #144
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,621

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Redemption. Let the kid have his shot...On another team.
Fixed.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #145
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,610

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Rahim Moore isn't a case of addition by subtraction. What upgrades in FA would be available? Worth another high draft pick? **** happens. Let it ride one more ****in' year. DREAM OOOON.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #146
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Ummm...no...

Rahim Moore did NOT cost us the game. Poor playcalling, sub-par offensive play, and poor officiating cost us the game....
Wrong.

Poor defense - mostly from Champ Bailey - cost us the game.

The offense put up 21 points, the special teams added another 14 points and Champ Bailey and the "efense" gave up 38 ****ing points.

That being said, in crunch time they gave Manning TWO chances to win the game and he choked.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #147
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,621

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Rahim Moore isn't a case of addition by subtraction. What upgrades in FA would be available? Worth another high draft pick? **** happens. Let it ride one more ****in' year. DREAM OOOON.
Quinton Carter. Champ Bailey. Or someone that knows basic technique in crunch time. Someone like that won't cost much.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #148
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,191

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Attachment 32010

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #149
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,086

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
A couple of things here about Moore:

1. He is Not a good NFL safety. He is what coaches call serviceable as a FS. Did he improve this year? Absolutely. He was a much more reliable tackler. However, he was shaky all year in pass coverage and had a solid pass rush hide his deep ball liabilities for most of the season.

2. The lack of coaching for Moore was atrocious. JDR, Ron Milus, and Sam Garnes are not sleeping well at all right now for botching that rush three, five under, 3 deep play where the DAMN safety never flipped his hips to keep depth and tried to backpedal to a deep ball.

Mistake 1: WTF does he care about the TE in front of HIM?!? You want them to throw it in front of you Dumbass! That eats up clock and stops playcalling options!

Mistake 2:Why was he reading the underneath routes at all in that situation? Poor coaching, and even worse situational awareness by a kid who is over his head covering deep still.

Mistake 3: He let the WR get deeper than him. This alone is unforgivable for a safety anytime. That is a safety's primary job in coverage all the time. In that situation, he deserves to be ridiculed for that alone.

Mistake 4: What ******g technique was that? He never once flipped his hips and tracked the ball while running backwards. Then, he tried to make a play on the ball instead of making a tackle! That is the selfish part, and its un-disciplined coaching too. He made the same error earlier this year and no one corrected it, because he did it again at the worst possible time.

3. Coaching blunders: Why not invite the short throw and rush 4? It is not like they were getting any pressure all game anyway and could even think they could with just 3! Then, play quarters coverage all day with umbrella principles to funnel all catches in bounds? WTF are you playing that crap coverage in the first place?

So, while Moore totally blew it, I do not want to hear he makes that play in practice 99 out of a 100 times! There is no way he could by making 3 mental errors and 2 technical errors on that play. He showed he had no idea how to play that coverage and he proved it to the detriment of the team.

I told you guys all year, the stories of his improvement were overrated. I admitted he became a much more solid tackler. However, no one wanted to listen when I brought up how undisciplined he was in coverage and how occasionally lost he was. Unfortunately for all of us, Rahim showed us just how bad that really was on that one play.
The one thing about his technique you didn't touch on is that he he lines up near the hash mark in a 3 safety cover 3 look, in that situation you have to be aware that the sideline is the most dangerous place, any seam or post route you will have help from the middle safety (Leonard), but on a sideline pass you are going to be alone so you have to start going wide and work back inside, instead of starting inside and work out.

I fully agree his coverage was never good this year, he is slow to read and react and doesn't close on the ball well at all - sadly we don't really have any safeties on the active roster right now who does that well.

Putting the entire blame on Rahim Moore for that one play is revisionist history, while it is clear that Tony Carter is responsible for preventing the come-back route he shouldn't stop early and give the WR a 10 yard cushion, even against a deep come-back Flacco could put that ball behind Carter for a completion.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #150
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,086

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Wrong.

Poor defense - mostly from Champ Bailey - cost us the game.

The offense put up 21 points, the special teams added another 14 points and Champ Bailey and the "efense" gave up 38 ****ing points.

That being said, in crunch time they gave Manning TWO chances to win the game and he choked.
The offensive line, Peyton Manning, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Matt Prater, Tony Carter, Champ Bailey, Mike Adams, Rahim Moore, the defensive front all had important parts to play in grasping defeat from the jaws of victory.

The offensive line was bullied all game and created no space for running and in the 2nd half got pushed around in pass blocking. Your QB can not give the ball away 3 times, leading to 17 points and expect to win. Thomas had been catching the ball so well all season and then he goes and has 2 nasty drops that turned 1st downs into 4th downs. Eric Decker deflected the INT TD up into the air for no good reason. Prater decided to kick the entire 42 yard line instead of just the ball on that FG, had he made it we would have won. Carter, Bailey, Adams and Moore conspired to allow 3 long TDs. The defensive front got 0 pressure but did manage to commit several stupid penalties and failed to bottle up the run in the 2nd half.

Trindon Holliday, Jacob Tamme and David Bruton are the only 3 Bronco players I can think of who really did everything that was asked of them.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Denver Broncos