The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #101
Broncosman

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Your missing out. Hockeymonkey.com had killer deals on customized authentic jerseys.
how much did they charge ? i heard that weike charge 100 dollars for one .
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #102
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

So I've been looking (hfboards mostly) trying to figure out what either side got out of the deal that required losing half the season. So far as I can tell, the final agreement is very close to what the sides had on the table back in Sep/Oct and whatever gain either side may have made was offset by the loss of half a year's revenue/salaries.

Is that wrong? In the end, was there really anything other than personalities that lost us so many games?
BroncoLifer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #103
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLifer View Post
So I've been looking (hfboards mostly) trying to figure out what either side got out of the deal that required losing half the season. So far as I can tell, the final agreement is very close to what the sides had on the table back in Sep/Oct and whatever gain either side may have made was offset by the loss of half a year's revenue/salaries.

Is that wrong? In the end, was there really anything other than personalities that lost us so many games?
It's not just you. The 50/50 by year 4 and 7/8 year max contracts were all pretty much a given, despite what they were saying publicly.

I really thought the holdup was going to be over years of service before FA, guaranteed contracts and arbitration.....the REAL big issues IMO. But those never even came up and all are completely unchanged. It's really stupid how this all went down and there was absolutely no need for it to drag out this long given how few items they really addressed.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #104
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLifer View Post

ask the owners...they are the ones that locked out the players
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #105
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
It's not just you. The 50/50 by year 4 and 7/8 year max contracts were all pretty much a given, despite what they were saying publicly.

I really thought the holdup was going to be over years of service before FA, guaranteed contracts and arbitration.....the REAL big issues IMO. But those never even came up and all are completely unchanged. It's really stupid how this all went down and there was absolutely no need for it to drag out this long given how few items they really addressed.
Right and we'll be right back in the same situation when the new CBA expires.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #106
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Brian Burke fired.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #107
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Socal:

How did I beat you to this? Lockout Damage Control/Fan appreciation in Pittsburgh.

From NHL.com...

The Pittsburgh Penguins will offer FREE selected concession items and “half off” all merchandise at the team’s first four games at CONSOL Energy Center.

Every fan attending each of those games will receive a voucher for three free concession items. Fans may choose from among hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, nachos, popcorn, pretzels, salads and fountain drinks.

All merchandise at “PensGear” stores will be half off for the first four games. The PensGear store in the main lobby of CONSOL Energy Center and PensGear at SouthSide Works will offer the half-off discount throughout the day on the first four home dates.

In addition, the Penguins will hold a week-long program of contests for fans to win exciting prizes leading up to the home opener. The contests will be held via social media and the team’s website. Prizes include:

A pair of tickets to every home game during the 2013 regular season
A road trip for two to see the Penguins play the Rangers in New York City (airfare, accommodations, tickets)
Three autographed jerseys – one each from Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury
Four seats in the first row at the home opener, including dinner in the Lexus Club and limo service to and from the game
Two five-game mini-plans
Six lower bowl tickets to any regular season game
$700 of merchandise at PensGear
Training camp sessions at CONSOL Energy Center will be open to the public (free admission).

The Penguins will distribute promotional items at each of the first 15 home games. All fans attending the home opener will receive a gold “Great Day For Hockey” t-shirt.

The team will provide single-game ticket information as soon as the NHL schedule is released. Updates about fan initiatives will be announced in the coming days.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #108
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

That's very nice. I wish the discount on stuff applied to the team website too.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #109
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
That's very nice. I wish the discount on stuff applied to the team website too.
Bruins boards are lighting up with this and some of the other teams' promotions. They're all assuming Jacobs, the cheap bastage, will either give out 500 mini team posters or a free bag of popcorn at a 2013-2014 preseason game.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #110
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosman View Post
how much did they charge ? i heard that weike charge 100 dollars for one .
$170 including shipping & handling. It's a legit authentic jersey and has my name on it. I'm seeing Ads for this website on NHLN now. They sell everything from jerseys to sticks to skates. Awesome website.
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #111
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Per Darren Dreger, the Kings are giving back $1M to the LA Community.

Tampa Bay is offering 200 season ticket packages for $200 each. Something like $8 per ticket. Not sure if they sold out of those yet...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #112
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Tampa Bay is offering 200 season ticket packages for $200 each. Something like $8 per ticket. Not sure if they sold out of those yet...
If they didn't sell out in 5 minutes, they should be contracted from the NHL......immediately.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #113
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

This whole Kovalchuk situation...

Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #114
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Per Darren Dreger, the Kings are giving back $1M to the LA Community.

Perhaps insignificant, but I'd appreciate the gestures as fans of those teams. Why do I get the feeling that here in Denver the ambivalent owner would be more likely to try and milk more money from the fans to offset lost revenue than offer any gesture or token of reconciliation.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #115
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Went to a hockey game in Tulsa last week with some buds we didn't understand why when a guy has the puck and is breaking away down court or whatever when they get past midwhatever why the ref kept blowing the play dead

What gives?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #116
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Went to a hockey game in Tulsa last week with some buds we didn't understand why when a guy has the puck and is breaking away down court or whatever when they get past midwhatever why the ref kept blowing the play dead

What gives?
Probably an "offsides" call (player entering offensive zone --the blue line-- before the puck).
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #117
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Perhaps insignificant, but I'd appreciate the gestures as fans of those teams. Why do I get the feeling that here in Denver the ambivalent owner would be more likely to try and milk more money from the fans to offset lost revenue than offer any gesture or token of reconciliation.
Tell me about it, lots of complaints in the DC area about Leonsis recently; guess snyder is now getting a break.

He is reportedly to have been one of the guys that had a big role from the owners' side and he has received a lot of criticism, so much that he apologized today for his role.

In addition, with the criticism of him vetoing a James Harden trade because he didn't want to give the 5 yr 80M extension; he is also getting criticized for milking the caps fan base with high ticket prices. Face value for upper deck is anywhere between $65 (for crappy teams) to $95 for traditional rivals (Pens, Flyers, etc.)

Just to give you an idea, that's more than the redskins upper deck price of $64 per game.

Ted Leonsis is not in good standing right now...he had better hope the caps don't implode or he is screwed between the wizards/caps and an empty arena.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #118
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
This whole Kovalchuk situation...

It's always something with Kovie. Glad he did not sign with the kings.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #119
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
It's always something with Kovie. Glad he did not sign with the kings.
Turns out he had the Devils' permission to stay until after the all star game all along, so there wasn't much of a situation at all. Aside from that he's an incredible teammate by all accounts.

Devils just resigned Zajac to an eight-year extension at $5.75 per. Great deal as it was absolutely essential to get him locked up for the long term.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #120
socalorado
Ring of Famer

socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #121
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
Turns out he had the Devils' permission to stay until after the all star game all along, so there wasn't much of a situation at all. Aside from that he's an incredible teammate by all accounts.

Devils just resigned Zajac to an eight-year extension at $5.75 per. Great deal as it was absolutely essential to get him locked up for the long term.
Zajac is an excellent player...smart move

Old 01-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #122
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I'm starting to get fired up about this season now. I managed to get tix to this Saturday's B's opener vs the Rangers and it's finally starting to sink in now that we're actually going to have a season.

Jacobs actually caved and is giving out tshirts, free food and drinks and giveaways before and during the game. I'm all about the free stuff. They're even doing a "shirt off the back" ceremony after the game too. Those are always fun.

It's Tuukka time!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #123
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Zajac is an excellent player...smart move

Yes he is. I watched his younger brother play the other day when cornell played DU. It was a good game. DU swept the two game stand but there was some good hockey there.

Will be interesting to see how his lil bro develops.
underrated29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #124
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
$170 including shipping & handling. It's a legit authentic jersey and has my name on it. I'm seeing Ads for this website on NHLN now. They sell everything from jerseys to sticks to skates. Awesome website.

Yeah, their prices are usually really good too. I typically find what I want on their site and then go into my local playersbench and have them match it. I would like to give it to hockeymonkey, but I need to support my local business.

Every now and then when I need things I dont have to try or get a feel for- like laces, tape, new bag or cage for my helmet i will order it from monkey.
underrated29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #125
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Yes he is. I watched his younger brother play the other day when cornell played DU. It was a good game. DU swept the two game stand but there was some good hockey there.

Will be interesting to see how his lil bro develops.
His other two younger brothers have already signed with the Devils. Darcy plays for their AHL affiliate in Albany and Kelly plays in the ECHL. Both are centers like Travis.

Nolan is the one that plays for DU, but he's a defenseman. He was scheduled to come to Devils prospect camp this past summer but I think he was already taking summer classes or something and couldn't make it.