The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #176
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
I just peed a little laughing.
I'm calling him piggy from now on.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #177
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Bumping this post because it's the funniest **** I've seen so far this year.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #178
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No, because I didn't say that, even though you like to pretend I did.
What did you say then?

Quote:
Granted, Peyton is no Greg McElroy, but I guess neither is Tebow, so can't win em all.
We don't know how good TEbow is.. remember when people said Orton was better than Tebow and played ahead of him and then when Tebow had his chance proved everyone wrong..

Remember when people said Peyton had to be better than Tebow and then that was proven wrong too?

Remember when people said if Tebow got so far with the Broncos Peyton was a lock to win the superbowl?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #179
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Did OABB make that?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #180
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Meyer said just recently that he himself didn't think Tebow would make it as a QB.. Lane Kiffin said he heard the same thing all over when recruiting Tebow to go to USC.

Meyer saying he didn't think Tebow could play QB ties perfectly with what the recruit, Jevon Snead, said about Meyer saying he would make him a linebacker.

I agree he was likely covering all bases but the point is it was true to some extent.. and this is Urban Meyer the guy most suited to using Tebow.
Got any links for any of this or is this one of those McGruber/Egyptian speed-of-light hidden translation types of things.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #181
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Got any links for any of this or is this one of those McGruber/Egyptian speed-of-light hidden translation types of things.
I don't know if I can find it.. it was just something Urban Meyer mentioned in the course of a conversation.. I don't think anyone really understood what he meant by saying that.

He just said - Even I didn't think he could succeed as a QB at first.

Here is Kiffin saying the same thing - that people were telling him the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPTapB0FRs

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-15-2013 at 03:06 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #182
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Did OABB make that?
Let's pretend it was made years ago by a genius...
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #183
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Did this same genius say Peyton would outplay Tebow?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #184
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
All things were said. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness. Energy. Block. Bad. It's like a carousel. You put the quarter in, you get on the horse, it goes up and down, and around. Circular, circle. Feel it. Go with the flow.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #185
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
What difference does it make.. we have seen the problem isn't Tebow... he was as successful as Manning with far more adversity and as a rookie essentially.

There are a number of teams that could take him... but the problem is it takes multiple people in one organization to agree. This is where I think the problems come in. There is so much group thinking on NFL teams. It breeds a lack of accountability and causes people to take the seemingly safe choice even if it really isn't.
Manning 13-3, 1st round bye

Tebow 7-4 Backed into playoffs after losing the last 3 weeks of the season, lost to kFc at home 3-7 with the playoffs on the line and you think Tebow is still better than Manning?

Are you on one of those prank radio stations in Australia where they call hospitals and prank people for ratings? I don't see how anyone can be this legitimately stupid and still be able to work a computer, you must be pranking us with these asinine posts.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #186
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I don't know if I can find it.. it was just something Urban Meyer mentioned in the course of a conversation.. I don't think anyone really understood what he meant by saying that.

He just said - Even I didn't think he could succeed as a QB at first.

Here is Kiffin saying the same thing - that people were telling him the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPTapB0FRs
See you have a logic problem with Urban here though. He's publicly denied telling that other QB prospect that he was recruiting Tebow to be a linebacker. I can link that for you.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators...rd-jevan-snead

So what you're saying is while Urban publicly denies telling people he was recruiting Tebow as a linebacker, you have your own sources (that you can't name) that tell you he was recruiting Tebow as a linebacker. (Even though he immediately integrated Tim into his offense as a Quarterback, without a redshirt or anything)
Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #187
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

mCg is going to spooge his pants after seeing this pic.

Looks like his boy is working out at a community college in AZ hoping to get some interest by the Cards. This is like the time Jarious Jackson worked out in the park across the street from Dove Valley hoping a coach would see him and resign him.

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #188
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Manning 13-3, 1st round bye

Tebow 7-4 Backed into playoffs after losing the last 3 weeks of the season, lost to kFc at home 3-7 with the playoffs on the line and you think Tebow is still better than Manning?

Are you on one of those prank radio stations in Australia where they call hospitals and prank people for ratings? I don't see how anyone can be this legitimately stupid and still be able to work a computer, you must be pranking us with these asinine posts.
Tebow only played 10 full games.. we don't know what he could have done in more games. Peyton had the offense designed around him from the beginning. Tebow did not.

Tebow also had both his runningbacks injured at the end of the season and Von Miller was a rookie with a broken hand. Dawkins also was injured. AND Elway moved the veteran receivers around Tebow and put them around Peyton.

And Peyton struggled to beat the Chiefs in a game with Brady Quinn as QB and the Chiefs team falling apart all season. People said Tebow's schedule was easy.. Peyton's this season was a joke.

ALSO... Peyton had DelRio as D coordinator.. HUGE upgrade this season. If ANYTHING that was the only upgrade this season. Fox couldn't let Tebow run an up pace offense because their own defense collapsed when they did.

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-15-2013 at 03:54 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #189
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
See you have a logic problem with Urban here though. He's publicly denied telling that other QB prospect that he was recruiting Tebow to be a linebacker. I can link that for you.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators...rd-jevan-snead

So what you're saying is while Urban publicly denies telling people he was recruiting Tebow as a linebacker, you have your own sources (that you can't name) that tell you he was recruiting Tebow as a linebacker. (Even though he immediately integrated Tim into his offense as a Quarterback, without a redshirt or anything)
Urban Meyer also said he was leaving Florida to spend time with his family...

My point is he says things to cover his own as... and that fits in with what he said to Jevon and what he said about not believing in Tebow..
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #190
spiralism

Quote:
Tebow only played 10 full games.. we don't know what he could have done in more games. Peyton had the offense designed around him from the beginning. Tebow did not.

Tebow also had both his runningbacks injured at the end of the season and Von Miller was a rookie with a broken hand. Hawkins also was injured. AND Elway moved the veteran receivers around Tebow and put them around Peyton.

And Peyton struggled to beat the Chiefs in a game with Brady Quinn as QB and the Chiefs team falling apart all season. People said Tebow's schedule was easy.. Peyton's this season was a joke.

ALSO... Peyton had DelRio as D coordinator.. HUGE upgrade this season. If ANYTHING that was the only upgrade this season. Fox couldn't let Tebow run an up pace offense because their own defense collapsed when they did.
Tebow LOST to the Chiefs QBed by Kyle Orton at home with the division on the line. 7-3. What the **** are you on about?

If Manning had his team give up seven measly points he would unleash unholy rape on them. For all that went wrong, the defence gave up 31 points on saturday (7 on Manning). Look, i'm a big fan of Tebow and all, and he gave us a great run, but i'll tell you what would have happened if Tebow played that game - Ravens 38 Broncos 10

Last edited by spiralism; 01-15-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #191
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
1 out of 2 isn't bad.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #192
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Thanks bud... Although it is only january...
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #193
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Tebow doesn't even get 100 QB rating in a dream. The sad part about this post is you actually compared 2 individual performances and think Tebows sub 80 rating is better than a plus 100.

What does it matter how far the team goes? You're not a fan of a team. You're a fan of a player. That means only his stats matter to you. And those stats suck.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-15-2013 at 04:13 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #194
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Tebow LOST to the Chiefs QBed by Kyle Orton at home with the division on the line. 7-3. What the **** are you on about?

If Manning had his team give up seven measly points he would unleash unholy rape on them. For all that went wrong, the defence gave up 31 points on saturday (7 on Manning). Look, i'm a big fan of Tebow and all, and he gave us a great run, but i'll tell you what would have happened if Tebow played that game - Ravens 38 Broncos 10
That was a different Chiefs team at that time last season.. no one knew what to expect from them. They beat Greenbay then too when Greenbay was the hottest team in the league. And Fox held Tebow back then just like he did Manning... tho far worse even with Tebow.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #195
MacGruder

Quote:
Tebow doesn't even get 100 QB rating in a dream. The sad part about this post is you actually compared 2 individual performances and think Tebows sub 80 rating is better than a plus 100.

What does it matter how far the team goes? You're not a fan of a team. You're a fan of a player. That means only his stats matter to you. And those stats suck.
Stats are completely misleading.. especially with Tebow. He isn't JUST a passer.. so why would passer rating be important?

Tebow made the Broncos the best rushing team in the NFL last season.. how many times do I have to say it.. rushing is what wins in the playoffs. Which is WHY Tebow looked better against a better D in the playoffs. It also allowed Fox to play 100 times more conservative than with Peyton.. also because they didn't have Del Rio last season.

Also.. McGahee was injured and so was Moreno at that time.. Peyton struggled even WITH Moreno who played much better than last season.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #196
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
That was a different Chiefs team at that time last season.. no one knew what to expect from them. They beat Greenbay then too when Greenbay was the hottest team in the league. And Fox held Tebow back then just like he did Manning... tho far worse even with Tebow.
He only needed to score one time that game....
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #197
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Also.. McGahee was injured and so was Moreno at that time.. Peyton struggled even WITH Moreno who played much better than last season.
You cannot believe yourself. Peyton struggled with Moreno? When Moreno got the start they racked off how many consecutive wins?? Had the lead in the only loss until Moreno got hurt? That ain't struggling son.

And rushing wins in the playoffs?? Ya ok. Just that the teams left are all passing threats. And the rushing teams like houston and vikings are gone.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #198
MacGruder

Quote:
He only needed to score one time that game....
Yes.. without any runningbacks when all Fox would do was run.. and Peyton had Moreno who was on his best behavior to save his career..

Also, at that time the chiefs had nothing to lose. They could defend Tebow like teams with something to lose couldn't That was why the Broncos didn't beat the Chiefs but did beat the Steelers. The Chiefs simply got lucky.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #199
MacGruder

Quote:
You cannot believe yourself. Peyton struggled with Moreno? When Moreno got the start they racked off how many consecutive wins?? Had the lead in the only loss until Moreno got hurt? That ain't struggling son.

And rushing wins in the playoffs?? Ya ok. Just that the teams left are all passing threats. And the rushing teams like houston and vikings are gone.
Rushing is what opens your passing and takes pressure off your QB. Put Tebow with the 9ers runners and see what happens.

And Peyton struggled against the Chiefs with Moreno against Quinn. And with Del Rio. He didn't pull away until the 4th quarter.. that's just embarrassing. That showed right there this team was really no different than last season. Peyton had a whole cast of receivers built around him too while Elway did everything he could to hinder Tebow in that way.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #200
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Rushing is what opens your passing and takes pressure off your QB. Put Tebow with the 9ers runners and see what happens.

And Peyton struggled against the Chiefs with Moreno against Quinn. And with Del Rio. He didn't pull away until the 4th quarter.. that's just embarrassing. That showed right there this team was really no different than last season. Peyton had a whole cast of receivers built around him too while Elway did everything he could to hinder Tebow in that way.

How about this. The last ranked rushing team in the NFL won the superbowl last year. While the number 1 ranked got blown out of the playoffs.

And beating the chiefs isn't good enough, but losing to them 7-3 is? You're just spouting off on purpose now. Nothing being said is even remotely true. Bye bye.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-15-2013 at 04:40 PM..