The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #51
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah they sure destroyed this franchise when they took a 4-12 team and won the division two years in a row.

This is unforgiveable. Let's pour oil on each other and light ourselves on fire in protest!
OK, but go_dip**** goes first!
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #52
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Yeah they sure destroyed this franchise when they took a 4-12 team and won the division two years in a row.

This is unforgiveable. Let's pour oil on each other and...
...thought that was going in a different direction...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #53
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

If we can reel in Ken Whisenhunt, what a blessing it would be. This would be very much like Jack Del Rio hiring.

Let's hope Eagles pass on him!
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #54
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...thought that was going in a different direction...
/the Rev sadly put his lube away...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #55
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
If we can reel in Ken Whisenhunt, what a blessing it would be. This would be very much like Jack Del Rio hiring.

i would pay to be in the room when Manning and Wisenhunt would be devising schemes and breaking down film.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #56
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post

Wasn't he the OC in Pitt when the won the SB back in the 05-06 season??
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #57
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Thank god this moron is gone. I'm so happy that he is gone for real. Not just because of him being a conservative play caller, but also because of his lack of imagination and creativity as a playcaller and gameplanner. I swear I got so sick of watching the same run plays up the middle year after year. It's like every game was the same game plan. Bring in someone who is creative and aggresive as a playcaller, and let Manning run the show. We left a lot of points on the table this season in my opinion !

Last edited by Al Wilson; 01-15-2013 at 06:13 PM..
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #58
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
**** McDaniels. And **** McCoy. So much for his vaunted 2-back set. Thank god we had Chris Gronkowski right?
His vaunted 2-back set? Are you just making **** up now? You're blaming McCoy for Chris Gronkowski? I didn't know he was GM and HC. If they're not running 2-back sets the whole season, you should look at Fox and Elway.

Quote:
What we ran this year was the bastardized son of McDaniels "vaunted" running game, which Manning tried to make work with the Manning Offense. Hopefully we see Tom Moore here, so you can get an accurate version sh*thead. Shouldn't you be on a Patriots board?
So is this what fans like you do? Make up bull**** to paint a fantasy picture?

McDaniels has nothing to do with our running game. Apparently you weren't around when John Fox was hired and he said he'd bring the "most complex running game in the league" to this team. McDaniels running game doesn't involve running out of 3 different formations. Manning is all about running the same few plays time and time again. Like in Indy... pretty much the only running play they had was a stretch running play.

Keep thinking about McDaniels tho, he is your God/Devil. He owns your soul in some way.

Quote:
Tebow succeeded in spite of gay ass McCoy.
Great analysis there.

Quote:
Yeah, McCoy ONLY used go routes, because he's a dumbass.
Informative.

I don't know why I didn't think of this at first...but are you female? Your posts would make much more sense if that were the case. I truly hope you are for your own sake.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #59
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
Thank god this moron is gone. I'm so happy that he is gone for real. Not just because of him being a conservative play caller, but also because of his lack of imagination and creativity as a playcaller and gameplanner. I swear I got so sick of watching the same run plays up the middle year after year. It's like every game was the same game plan. Bring in someone who is creative and aggresive as a playcaller, and let Manning run the show. We left a lot of points on the table this season in my opinion !
Yes, screw McCoy for ranking 4th in yards and 2nd in the league in points.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #60
Vine

This is about as great news as a John Fox firing as you can possibly get. Not only it rids of the bland stink of McCoy, but it sets back our division rival minimum 3 years! Absolutely ****ing awesome!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #61
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
If you want to argue then raise some good and accurate points. I've watched every game since McCoy came into this organization. He lacks imagination and creativity, and is conservative as a playcaller. He lacks design and run game play calling as well. Most of his run plays on first down is running back draw up the middle. I hardly ever saw running back screens. And before Peyton Manning came he never had wide recievers run cross patterns. Ranking 4th in yards and 2nd in scoring is to be expected when you have Peyton Manning as your quarterback. Our defense and special teams scored a lot of points as well. As an offense, there was a lot of points left on the table. I'm excited he is gone.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #62
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
/the Rev sadly put his lube away...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #63
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
His vaunted 2-back set? Are you just making **** up now? You're blaming McCoy for Chris Gronkowski? I didn't know he was GM and HC. If they're not running 2-back sets the whole season, you should look at Fox and Elway.
Your post makes little sense. At the start of the year McCoy said he'd be running a lot of 2-back sets. Obviously that didn't happen...yet you still think he had such a big positive impact on this team? It was time for him to move on, and I'm glad he's gone. He's a Charger, and I will always root for him to lose.

Quote:
McDaniels has nothing to do with our running game. Apparently you weren't around when John Fox was hired and he said he'd bring the "most complex running game in the league" to this team. McDaniels running game doesn't involve running out of 3 different formations. Manning is all about running the same few plays time and time again. Like in Indy... pretty much the only running play they had was a stretch running play.
...except that they still employed the same blocking scheme and terminology as McCoy's Offense...which was a descendant of McDaniel's Offense. Tom Moore's zone-blocking scheme is more effective...especially out of a single-back set.

Back to your favorite team, the Patriots. It's kind of easy to be 7th in the NFL in rushing when your 2nd in attempts. I would expect a top 5 ranking. However, I do think the hurry-up run game (via Chip Kelly) is nice, though that's Bellicheat's doing...not McD.

Got anymore infantile insults? Hope you have a kerchief to cry into now that McCoy is gone.

Last edited by pricejj; 01-15-2013 at 07:41 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #64
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Under Offensive Coordinator McCoy, the Broncos had ranked in the bottom third of the leauge in scoring, then Peyton Manning (the best OC in football) came riding into town...

2009: 20th ppg
2010: 19th ppg
2011: 25th ppg
2012: 2nd ppg

The best part about it? McCoy's gone!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #65
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Under Offensive Coordinator McCoy, the Broncos had ranked in the bottom third of the leauge in scoring, then Peyton Manning (the best OC in football) came riding into town...

Just a guess but Manning >>>>>>>>> Orton >>>>>>>>> Tebow
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #66
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Hell Yea! San Diego just took out our trash! I was so scared we were stuck w/ him another year after that awesome game on Saturday...
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #67
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well at least he had a classy exit:
"Before I forget I would just like to thank the Denver Broncos organization, John Elway, John Fox, Mr. Bowlen, for the opportunity they gave me the last four years before I came here. I forgot to mention them earlier.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #68
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Just a guess but Manning >>>>>>>>> Orton >>>>>>>>> Tebow
Enjoy McCoy.

Going to love sweeping the Division, again.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #69
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Glad we only have one OC now.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #70
Armchair Bronco

Thank the Lord. One half of dumb and dumber is gone.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:56 AM   #71
Action

Quote:

Seriously? You're going to list the 2009 and 2010 season as if McCoy had any control over the offense? Are you really that desperate?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:02 AM   #72
Action

Quote:
Your post makes little sense. At the start of the year McCoy said he'd be running a lot of 2-back sets. Obviously that didn't happen...yet you still think he had such a big positive impact on this team? It was time for him to move on, and I'm glad he's gone. He's a Charger, and I will always root for him to lose.
I'm not sure why you're so stuck on this 2 back thing. He said he'd do it, and he ended up not doing it...probably has to do with many hours of discussion with Fox and Manning. You sound like a little b*tch that keeps on whining about something so pointless. This really has little to no meaning to the bigger picture. I mean people say **** all the time and don't "do it."

Quote:
...except that they still employed the same blocking scheme and terminology as McCoy's Offense...which was a descendant of McDaniel's Offense. Tom Moore's zone-blocking scheme is more effective...especially out of a single-back set.
Same blocking scheme? Same terminology? You do realize they ran the same terminology back in Carolina right? When Fox and McCoy was there?

Quote:
Back to your favorite team, the Patriots. It's kind of easy to be 7th in the NFL in rushing when your 2nd in attempts. I would expect a top 5 ranking. However, I do think the hurry-up run game (via Chip Kelly) is nice, though that's Bellicheat's doing...not McD.
Yeah, considering they were 2nd in rushing attempts and yet they were still the #1 offense in the league is even MORE impressive. Being 2nd in attempts shows commitment...and averaging 4.2 is right in the middle of the league.

You're right, it's ONLY Belichick's doing...has nothing to do with McDaniels working on incorporating it into the offense.

Quote:
Got anymore infantile insults? Hope you have a kerchief to cry into now that McCoy is gone.
There is really few insults you can throw at a walking retard.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #73
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Seriously? You're going to list the 2009 and 2010 season as if McCoy had any control over the offense? Are you really that desperate?
Congrats on your dad getting the San Diego head coaching job.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #74
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Heres a two part question:

A. We've already established that McCoy did not have control of the Offense in 2009, 2010, and 2012. The Offense ranked at the bottom of the league in scoring in 2011, before he was forced to switch QB's, because his choice at starter (Orton), is an NFL backup. Why would you cause such a stink that he's gone?
B. No one has ever accused you of being the sharpest crayon in the box have they?
Old 01-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #75
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Thank God!

I was so worried Arians would get it. McCoy... whew!

#DodgedABulletThere
Dodge a bullet there huh Rev?
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote