The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #51
crawdad
IL Oldest Bronco Maniac

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
I think elway is almost as mad as he was when tebow won a playoff game.
Keep sucking on Tebow. It is what you do well!
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #52
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

It's tough to win playoff games when you keep playing conservative.
That being said, I believe what Elway did is correct.
You never criticize openly against your own coach.
It will be foolish to expect it from him.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #53
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Just saw on 9News sports. Elway stood by his coach's decision to kneel to go to overtime.

I think I just lost all respect for Elway.

We have a ***tard for HC. Now it is known we have a ***tard for GM.
You lost respect for Elway, in totality, for one call in a football game

Good lord man, you're been a total Queen here....
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #54
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
What in the world would you expect him to say to the media? Don't be an idiot. Elway isn't going to publicly second guess his staff.
This. Elway gave Tebow a vote of confidence after last season and then got Manning. If Manning had not been available he would have gotten someone else either FA or Draft anyway. He doesn't manage in the press. I'm sure he knows that was just dumb, conservative BS and has told Fox so.

He brought Manning in to win the super bowl. Although we had a chance this year it wasn't expected. He'll bring in the final pieces now, and it will be expected this next season. The same kind of play calling will get Fox fired next year.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #55
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

Its one thing to criticize horrible decision manking and another to support it. There is middle ground and what I heard was Elway supporting it. Shocking considering the type of player he was.

The message should have been that the coaching could have been better. Lessons were learned. Instead we got stubborn headed defensiveness of doing the same thing 10 out of 10 times. Terrific.

I said when we signed Manning, the pressure is on Elway. IMO, the pressure just ratcheted up. You people realize that Mannings skills will continue to dimish, right? He aint gonna get better at this point. After this game, I feel now more than ever that this whole thing is going to end very badly for the Broncos and will resonate for years.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #56
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
What in the world would you expect him to say to the media? Don't be an idiot. Elway isn't going to publicly second guess his staff.
McCoy just said in his SD press conference the same thing. The message coming out of Dove Valley is consistent though not sure Mike agreed with Fox
but he was careful not to throw his old coach under the bus
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #57
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Just saw on 9News sports. Elway stood by his coach's decision to kneel to go to overtime.

I think I just lost all respect for Elway.

We have a ***tard for HC. Now it is known we have a ***tard for GM.
Dude, get over it. The game wasn't lost based on that call.

If Moore takes the right angle he at least easily knocks the ball way...and the game in hand.

People need to stop blaming Fox and Elway for this loss. The fact is Denver couldn't get pressure on Flacco and he hit 3 bombs thanks to busted covererage.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #58
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

[John Fox walks into a local Denver car dealership]

JOHN FOX: I would like to buy a car.

SALESMAN: Great! What kind of price range are we looking at here?

JOHN FOX: I make $3.5 million dollars per year.

SALESMAN: [with dollar signs in his eyes] Well, Hello Dolly. That’s a nice chunk of change. Luckily we have a few great options for an upscale individual like yourself.

JOHN FOX: Perfect. All I ask is that it’s safe.

SALESMAN: Can do. First up we have the latest in our SUV line. This puppy’s got it all. Power seats, power doors, an engine strong enough to pull up the Titanic, and, on the inside, the luxury and comfort of a limousi-

JOHN FOX: I heard SUV’s roll over a lot.

SALESMAN: Well, that’s less of an issue than it used to be. I mean, you don’t want to take any corners like Tony Stewart or anything, but under normal conditions this is perfectly saf-

JOHN FOX: Pass. Next.

SALESMAN: O…Okay. Next up — and you are gonna LOVE this, I assure you — we have our top-of-the-line luxury sedan. Four doors, plenty of leg-room, strong, durable body. Perfect for a man on the go who wants to look stylish and sensible, but also let everyone know he’s made it.

JOHN FOX: Is it bomb-proof?

SALESMAN: What?

JOHN FOX: What if someone throws a bomb at me like in one of those video games Demaryius is always playing?

SALESMAN: Well, I … why would someone throw a bomb at you?

JOHN FOX: Not important. What would happen?

SALESMAN: Well, no car can withstand a bomb blast without serious after-market modificat-

JOHN FOX: Pass. Next.

SALESMAN: Okay. Okayokayokay. I know this is a long shot, but just hear me out here: A classic summer day, the wind blowing through your hair, the warmth of the sun hitting your skin, the-

JOHN FOX: A convertible?

SALESMAN: Yes. Lots of middle-aged gentlemen love them for the freedom the prov-

JOHN FOX: Don’t be ridiculous. I’ll be decapitated in five minutes in one of those things. What’s that over there?

SALESMAN: Over where?

JOHN FOX: There. In that office. The big rectangle thing.

SALESMAN: The safe?

JOHN FOX: A safe? Sounds safe. I’ll take it.

SALESMAN: But … it’s not for sale. And I don’t even think you’ll fit in it. And it’s not a car. It doesn’t even have wheels.

JOHN FOX: Wheels? Now hang on one second, Evel Knievel. I never said nothing about no wheels. I said safe.

SALESMAN: But how will you go anywhere?

JOHN FOX: Going places is how people get hurt. Hell, I’m not even here now. This is a hologram. I’m hidden in my underground bunker 50 feet below Mile High Stadium. I never leave the premises. Now ship me that safecar in 1000 feet of bubble wrap and send me the bill.

SALESMAN: I can’t do that, sir. I’ll have to check with my manag-

JOHN FOX: Fantastic! Pleasure doing business with you.

[The John Fox Hologram leaves the car dealership. In his bunker, the real John Fox calls John Elway]

JOHN FOX: John, I bought a car.

JOHN ELWAY: Great! What did you get?

JOHN FOX: I dunno, some giant metal box with no wheels or engine. Seems sturdy, though.

JOHN ELWAY: Smart.

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...#ixzz2I50Wi91B
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote