The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #151
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Yet all The whining about how bad his WRs TEs Oline coaches were last year And they were the reasons he loses
You fail even more than tebow does
The whole team was bad.. they were the worst team in the NFL under Orton who everyone said was a good QB.

As I said.. you would need to upgrade the runners around Tebow.. but that is far easier to do in this era than upgrading prima donna receivers. It's like Belichick using tightends in a era of wide receivers.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #152
COWheatGrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
There are a number of teams that could take him... but the problem is it takes multiple people in one organization to agree. This is where I think the problems come in. There is so much group thinking on NFL teams. It breeds a lack of accountability and causes people to take the seemingly safe choice even if it really isn't.
The NFL has adopted the read-option from the college game though.

Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson and Robert Griffin, III have shown that NFL organizations are willing to go away from the traditional dropback passer as their quarterback and cater to their strengths by infusing concepts that were long considered college plays.

Next year the Oakland Raiders might be heading that direction too with Terrelle Pryor.

But the biggest difference between Kaepernick/Wilson/Griffin and Tim Tebow/Joe Webb has been the former QBs bring the threat of the pass and the latter QBs don't. A 46.5 completion percentage is not efficient. Completion percentages are trending upwards in the NFL for a reason, 46.5 percent is the stone ages.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #153
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #154
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
There's a story about one QB recruit saying Meyer lied to him about recruiting Tebow as an LB. Even the recruit who tells the story didn't believe the line (if the story is true) The gist of the story (again if true) was that Urban lied to the recruit. Not that he really intended to convert him to a linebacker.

Needless to say, splitting game day snaps between a successful senior QB and an incoming true freshman during a national title season would seem a strange way to try to start converting a QB to a linebacker.
Meyer said just recently that he himself didn't think Tebow would make it as a QB.. Lane Kiffin said he heard the same thing all over when recruiting Tebow to go to USC.

Meyer saying he didn't think Tebow could play QB ties perfectly with what the recruit, Jevon Snead, said about Meyer saying he would make him a linebacker.

I agree he was likely covering all bases but the point is it was true to some extent.. and this is Urban Meyer the guy most suited to using Tebow.

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-15-2013 at 01:38 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #155
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
The whole team was bad.. they were the worst team in the NFL under Orton who everyone said was a good QB.

As I said.. you would need to upgrade the runners around Tebow.. but that is far easier to do in this era than upgrading prima donna receivers. It's like Belichick using tightends in a era of wide receivers.
Broncos offense WITH tebow. Horrible.

Broncos offense WITHOUT tebow. Great.

That is fact.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-15-2013 at 01:26 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #156
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWheatGrower View Post
The NFL has adopted the read-option from the college game though.

Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson and Robert Griffin, III have shown that NFL organizations are willing to go away from the traditional dropback passer as their quarterback and cater to their strengths by infusing concepts that were long considered college plays.

Next year the Oakland Raiders might be heading that direction too with Terrelle Pryor.

But the biggest difference between Kaepernick/Wilson/Griffin and Tim Tebow/Joe Webb has been the former QBs bring the threat of the pass and the latter QBs don't. A 46.5 completion percentage is not efficient. Completion percentages are trending upwards in the NFL for a reason, 46.5 percent is the stone ages.
I think you are missing the real issue though... Tebow does not fit the mold of a running QB either.. there are 2 kinds of QBs to NFL experts.. pure passers... and running QBs who are blazing fast. Tebow doesn't fit either category. He isn't a conventional passer and isn't a conventional running QB. Tebow doesn't have the gold standards most elite prospects have.. BUT.. he excels just as much or more in non typical ways.

Also.. using Tebow's completion percentage while with the Broncos is wrong anyway.. he was put in an impossible situation. Fox wouldn't even let him throw the ball. They were trying to compete for a championship when they should have just been letting Tebow "play" like they let Cam play his first season.

Tebow's running ability also accounts for many of his passes. And even Elway said Tebow's completion numbers were skewed because Fox's O used so many deep passes. Complete opposite of most QBs these days.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #157
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I think you are missing the real issue though... Tebow does not fit the mold of a running QB either.. there are 2 kinds of QBs to NFL experts.. pure passers... and running QBs who are blazing fast. Tebow doesn't fit either category. He isn't a conventional passer and isn't a conventional running QB. Tebow doesn't have the gold standards most elite prospects have.. BUT.. he excels just as much or more in non typical ways.

Also.. using Tebow's completion percentage while with the Broncos is wrong anyway.. he was put in an impossible situation. Fox wouldn't even let him throw the ball. They were trying to compete for a championship when they should have just been letting Tebow "play" like they let Cam play his first season.

Tebow's running ability also accounts for many of his passes. And even Elway said Tebow's completion numbers were skewed because Fox's O used so many deep passes. Complete opposite of most QBs these days.

How many PASSING plays were called that tebow improvised into a run? Alot. Not the coaching staffs fault the guy looks to run right after seeing his 1st progression covered.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #158
MacGruder

Quote:
Broncos offense WITH tebow. Horrible.

Broncos offense WITHOUT tebow. Great.

That is fact.
Tebow made the Broncos the number 1 rushing team in the NFL... you can't run without the threat to pass... AND running wins playoff games. Peyton's offense is fool's gold.

Fox would not let Tebow run the no huddle he let Peyton run all game. AND Peyton looked WORSE in Fox's offense than Tebow did early on. So did McGahee until they started using him as a receiver instead of a runningback.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #159
MacGruder

Quote:
How many PASSING plays were called that tebow improvised into a run? Alot. Not the coaching staffs fault the guy looks to run right after seeing his 1st progression covered.
It was the coaches fault though.. because they were only letting him pass deep. This leaves the inside part of the field open. Also, the line is terrible.. this also forced TEbow to run.

This is also why Manning had to dink and dunk to save himself so much. People have missed this totally. The Oline is awful and I said Peyton was a fool to fo to the Broncos for this reason.

He was likely deceived as well because Tebow's running ability protected him in the pocket so much. Teams were forcing Tebow to stay in the pocket and randomly attacking him there which made the oline look good at times and Tebow look bad at times.

Peyton also went through something else similar to Tebow.. they both had McGahee and Moreno get injured at the end of the season screwing them as well. The Broncos run game is highly overrated for this reason. McGahee played the end of the season but was a shell even of himself because he was injured... that's like a shell of a shell.. This was when Tebow lost the last 4 games.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #160
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

lol
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #161
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
I just peed a little laughing.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #162
MacGruder

Sadly.. that video won't bring your season back.. lol That should have been Elway under that rock... that's why you fail..
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #163
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Hey MacGruder:

1. Make any inroad on the big anti-gravity breakthroughs that you made last year?

2. Did the government stage Sandy Hook?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #164
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Hey MacGruder:

1. Make any inroad on the big anti-gravity breakthroughs that you made last year?
If I felt I could trust you I would fill you in on that... let me just say... stay tuned. Believe it or not but I have irrefutable proof... but it's going to take time to get it out.

Quote:
2. Did the government stage Sandy Hook?
Again.. stay tuned..
Old 01-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #165
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
If I felt I could trust you I would fill you in on that... let me just say... stay tuned. Believe it or not but I have irrefutable proof... but it's going to take time to get it out.

Again.. stay tuned..
Oh man! This is so exciting! That's so different from what you said last year!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #166
Drunken.Broncoholic

It's gotta be painful watching guys like Wilson kaepernick rg3 etc succeed doing what tebow can't do. Playing and producing while tebow runs in circles and throws into the dirt.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #167
MacGruder

Quote:
Oh man! This is so exciting! That's so different from what you said last year!
Do you know how long this secret has been kept and the lengths that have been gone to to keep it?

IF it was easy to solve this problem it would be done by now.. the information is out there.. the problem is getting people to see it or understand it. It's not an accident things are the way they are.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #168
MacGruder

Quote:
It's gotta be painful watching guys like Wilson kaepernick rg3 etc succeed doing what tebow can't do. Playing and producing while tebow runs in circles and throws into the dirt.
Not any more than normal... I saw the same thing when Orton was playing over Tebow.. or Sanchez... people are starting to figure out that it wasn't Tebow but the Broncos... at the very least it was Fox. We are making progress at least. And the running Qbs success should help Tebow. Seeing RGIII get injured after one season should show the value of Tebow's toughness if people are smart.. Same with Kaep who will likely go down soon. Remember the little known Tebow effect?

Hell.. even Andrew Luck plays like a remix of Tebow.. a Tebow with less balls and with a NFL QB for a dad.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #169
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Do you know how long this secret has been kept and the lengths that have been gone to to keep it?

IF it was easy to solve this problem it would be done by now.. the information is out there.. the problem is getting people to see it or understand it. It's not an accident things are the way they are.
TOTALLY.

Hey, remember that time it was breaking news that the President was going to address the country in an hour and you were on here talking about how it was going to be announcement about an imminent nuke so we could attack Iran or lose more civil rights...

...but it turned out they killed Bin Laden and it was a massive USA party for like a week?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #170
MacGruder

Quote:
TOTALLY.

Hey, remember that time it was breaking news that the President was going to address the country in an hour and you were on here talking about how it was going to be announcement about an imminent nuke so we could attack Iran or lose more civil rights...

...but it turned out they killed Bin Laden and it was a massive USA party for like a week?
I don't remember saying a nuke strike was imminent.. but be careful... it's definitely a possibility.

Do you remember when you said the government had no secret technology and then the next week one crash landed and was on the news? lol

Do you remember when you were arguing about what a good athlete Peyton was... do you still feel that way after he rolled out and threw that pick in overtime?

He looked like he had 2 wooden legs.. lol
Old 01-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #171
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I don't remember saying a nuke strike was imminent.. but be careful... it's definitely a possibility.

Do you remember when you said the government had no secret technology and then the next week one crash landed and was on the news? lol
No, because I didn't say that, even though you like to pretend I did.

Quote:
Do you remember when you were arguing about what a good athlete Peyton was... do you still feel that way after he rolled out and threw that pick in overtime?

He looked like he had 2 wooden legs.. lol
Absolutely.

Granted, Peyton is no Greg McElroy, but I guess neither is Tebow, so can't win em all.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #172
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

There's a lot of wisdom in this post.

1. If it was easy to solve the "problem of gravity" we would have by now.

2. The problem is getting people to see and understand these breakthroughs. I think that a lot of scientists would agree with this. There are a lot of things that we don't understand that need to be understood so we can do them.

3. Things aren't the way they are on accident. It's possible someone who has some degree if inteligence actually caused many things to happen intentionally.

Very deep.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #173
crowebomber
Ring of Famer

Old School Sucka Fool

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

1. If it was easy to solve the "problem of gravity" we would have by now.

2. The problem is getting people to see and understand these breakthroughs. I think that a lot of scientists would agree with this. There are a lot of things that we don't understand that need to be understood so we can do them.

3. Things aren't the way they are on accident. It's possible someone who has some degree if inteligence actually caused many things to happen intentionally.

Very deep.
I clicked to this most recent post wondering how a thread about Tebow's brother could go so long. You guys are really a wreck!
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #174
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

1. If it was easy to solve the "problem of gravity" we would have by now..
I am talking about getting the info to the public in spite of all the disinformation. That is the very purpose OF disinformation. And it is incredibly effective.. which is why governments use it so much. It's even more useful against the public because people in the public have no idea how it works.

Quote:

Very deep.
What I mean by saying things aren't the way they are by accident is that it isn't an accident we are bombarded by disinfo. Scientists are the key target of this campaign more so even than he general population.We just follow suit.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #175
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
It's definitely possible you did say that, and so we should be careful...of you? Or be careful because there is a nuke strike coming?

Both?

I like both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
I clicked to this most recent post wondering how a thread about Tebow's brother could go so long. You guys are really a wreck!
Silence, you. We are at the feet of a master...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote