The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #101
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I love how he refers to the Broncos as "your team" when responding to anyone. Has anyone figured out what team he's actually a fan of?
"Team Tebow"
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #102
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I thought I felt a disturbance in the force...

Did I not tell you guys how this whole Manning thing would play out... it unfolded exactly as I said.. surely you must realize I am clairvoyant now...

I said Peyton was a fool to come to Denver. If he won Elway would get the credit and if he couldn't do what Tebow did or more he would be ruined.
....I guess I'm just as clairvoyant as you are....

I told everyone that people like yourself would rejoice if the Broncos didn't win, and that as soon as Manning didn't deliver the circus would be back to let us know. But soon the clairvoyance of those you labelled as haters will become reality as your hero will be released by the Jets.

So do Arena football teams have message boards?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #103
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
yep whole NFL is out to get him, its not that he isnt good enough to play QB its that the league has something against this 1 player!
Do you realize that they said the same thing about Tebow in college? They said he couldn't play his style there either. Even Urban Meyer didn't think he could do it and was planning on using him as a Linebacker. But college coaches are less afraid to take risks AND are more innovative in general. College players also aren't running the asylums like they are in the NFL. NFL players are even dumber than the coaches - see McGahee, Lloyd,, all the New York Jets, Elway... even Dawkins still doubts Tebow.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #104
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"Team Tebow"
Being a fan of Tebow makes a lot more sense than being a fan of a bunch of random a-holes wearing the same jerseys doesn't it?

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-15-2013 at 11:20 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #105
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

And makes even less sense than trolling a Broncos message board incessantly when you're not even a fan of the NFL, much less the Broncos; and only like one guy who hasn't been a Bronco for a year and soon won't even be employed by the NFL.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #106
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Being a fan of Tebow makes a lot more sense than being a fan of a bunch of random a-holes wearing the same jerseys doesn't it?
no.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #107
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Yeah,finishing the season as the #1 seed is ruining the team.
#1 in meaningless wins and yards? Have you not been watching Manning's career? This is what he has done all along. Yet it's far worse now because he is a shell of himself.

He is an offensive coordinator more than anything now. Imagine having the greatest offensive coordinator in the NFL.. and he is playing his son because he is his son not because he knows he can win in the playoffs and his brilliance as a coordinator gets him to the playoffs. That is Peyton Manning coaching himself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #108
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
no.
Don't you want to rethink that considering Tebow outplayed Peyton in the playoffs?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #109
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Do you realize that they said the same thing about Tebow in college? They said he couldn't play his style there either. Even Urban Meyer didn't think he could do it and was planning on using him as a Linebacker.
What the eff are you talking about? This isn't even close to true.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #110
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
He just apologized on Twitter some 48 hours later

What a clown
He's just being a "modern" Christian. Do things wrong, and continue to do things wrong, which hurts other people. But, hey, it's okay, I apologized. Forgiveness is what (modern) Christianity is all about, specifically, you all forgiving me for all the wrong that I have done (or will do).

Not very Christian of him, but very Modern Christian of him.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #111
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Oh jesus christ... MacGruder is back?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #112
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
[AQUOTE=MacGruder;3781871]It wasn't really that bad honestly. It was like a virtual replay of last season on the Broncos. Tebow wasn't really given a shot either time. It was the same BS but just in a different package.
Wasn't tebow our starting QB last yr for most of the season? Didn't realize that didn't count as a shot.[/QUOTE]

Having Fox as your offensive coordinator isn't really getting a shot in the NFL.. especially if you are Tebow. That is WHY Tebow is considered a bust.

Then you add on to that Elway using that season to help him rebuild later at Tebow's expense and this is what you get.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #113
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
What the eff are you talking about? This isn't even close to true.
Yes it is... Urban Meyer has said recently he didn't think Tebow could do it. And when Tebow was coming in to college he had told another recruit Tebow would be playing linebacker. The other kid ended up going to another school because Meyer reversed on making Tebow a linebacker.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #114
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Don't you want to rethink that considering Tebow outplayed Peyton in the playoffs?
They both got to the divisional rd of playoffs & lost,I'll grant you that.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #115
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
They both got to the divisional rd of playoffs & lost,I'll grant you that.
Considering how Peyton played in that game WITHOUT the adversity Tebow had I would say Tebow outplayed him. The Steelers were better last season than the Ravens this season, too.

Peyton had 2 TDs gifted to him and he still stunk. Peyton couldn't even complete any downfield passes while Tebow scorched the best D in the NFL with them and dominated them running the ball.

Peyton had 2 INTs and a fumble while Tebow had none...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #116
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,266

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Oh my goodness! This idiot is back?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #117
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,981

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I thought I felt a disturbance in the force...

Did I not tell you guys how this whole Manning thing would play out... it unfolded exactly as I said.. surely you must realize I am clairvoyant now...

I said Peyton was a fool to come to Denver. If he won Elway would get the credit and if he couldn't do what Tebow did or more he would be ruined.

And the team is just as bad as it was with Tebow.. slightly better because they were all on board with Peyton and the organization wasn't actively trying to screw him but in the end the results are the same if not worse.
I love how kFcDud and the guys who are blinded by Tebow's 6 pack and are totally in love with the guy think the NFL is now over forever and Manning was a failure for losing a DIVISIONAL Championship game.

You guys would say the same thing about Manning being a Failure if we lost the SB and the AFC Championship game.

Your thinking is so Binary when the situation is Analog and needs to be studied over time. mCg and kFcDud would be right if Manning took his toys and went home or his neck got damaged again and he had to retire.

Thing is he will be back next year, hopefully the following year and the year after that. To say now in the middle of his tenure he is a failure is like saying Tom Brady sucks because he has lost 6 years in the playoffs. OMG 6 years Brady went home in the playoffs!

I like my chances with a QB who has been to the playoffs 12 years in his career it means every year you have a shot at winning it all.

We had no shot with Tebow, hell the Jets were afraid to play him, a 2-14 team that has nothing lose and everything to gain from the Tebow circus says they don't want to consider him as an option.

At this point unless some new HC has the Ego to think they can work with him or use him in WC type plays it is more likely he is going to have to go to Canada or retire and go into politics or use his following to support some type of charity.

Guys like Kapernick are out Tebowing Tebow, I really don't see him being able to compete even as himself with guys like Wilson, Newton, Kapernick, among others being better at what he does than he does.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #118
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The Jets didn't play Tebow because they blew the bank on Mark not knowing Tebow would be available.. AND they didn't know how to run Tebow's offense.

The biggest obstacle Tebow has isn't coaches it's the players. As I said above.. players are MORONS.. they are incredibly jealous of Tebow and ignorant about FB yet they all think they are experts. Half of them or more have taken sides in this just like fans. And NFL players run the asylums.. how can a coach play Tebow if half the guys or more on the team won't play for him?

There is also the aspect of the NFL being a business. This is the real reason guys on the Broncos offense were chomping at the bit for Peyton.. because he would help them put up monster numbers ensuring their NFL career. Tebow takes many of those numbers himself running the ball and his style doesn't pad their stats and bank accounts.

Coaches have egos too.. do you think they want to throw away what they feel is their genius offense and just let Tebow run the show and play his own game? Not to mention all these guys judged Tebow before he even came into the NFL and don't want to admit they were wrong..


As for Peyton.. he's not getting any younger. That was one of my big arguments why he would be screwed in Denver. Did you see him trying to run in overtime? It was a joke.. think about it.. what was the biggest difference between Flacco and Peyton. Flacco has mobility like Tebow.. he doesn't use it as much but he has it. If you look at those plays that won that game I think it was Flacco's mobility and Peyton's zero miobility that was the difference in the game.

Flacco actually won that game playing like Tebow did to beat the Steelers.. and Peyton played like Orton. lol

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-15-2013 at 12:33 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #119
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

But they had no problem going to their #3 QB....
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #120
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
But they had no problem going to their #3 QB....
Their number 3 QB was a "conventional" QB.. and probably looks like a genius in non contact scrimmages just like Orton did compared to Tebow.

Tebow looks "bad" in practices in games because he doesn't make the dumb throws other guys do to get turnovers.. instead he takes a sack or throws the ball into the dirt.

Other guys would rather look pretty than win the game. It was hilarious though because Orton may not be a good passer or a good athlete but he is a bright guy... and he actually started using Tebow's method because it was so effective. But he isn't Tebow so he couldn't manage the rest of the Tebow equation. But it illustrates my point about how smart Tebow is. He's a lot smarter about using his abilities than the guys who don't have them or coaches that have never seen tehm before.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #121
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,452

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
It's his brother. Would any of you act differently in his shoes?
Yep ... I wouldn't post it on twitter

I like Timmy but the only reason he didn't at least get one more shot here was because Manning became available and decided to join our team .. not because Elway had some visceral dislike for Peter Tebow's brother!

Is there any sentient being in his right mind in the known universe that wouldn't take that deal any day of the week and twice on Sundays!?!

Grow up Peter, you should thank Fox and Elway who gave Tim his one and only real opportunity to be the starting QB in the NFL and from that his celebrity and notoriety reached unheard of bounds!

Timmy has and will continue to cash in far more as a result of Elway's and Foxy's backing him fully as the starting QB after Orton flamed out last year, than from anything else he accomplishes in the football world the rest of his life!!

Show some Christian gratitude Preacher Pete!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #122
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Considering how Peyton played in that game WITHOUT the adversity Tebow had I would say Tebow outplayed him. The Steelers were better last season than the Ravens this season, too.

Peyton had 2 TDs gifted to him and he still stunk. Peyton couldn't even complete any downfield passes while Tebow scorched the best D in the NFL with them and dominated them running the ball.

Peyton had 2 INTs and a fumble while Tebow had none...
Lol 34% completion rate & we lost 45-10.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #123
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,483

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Do you realize that they said the same thing about Tebow in college? They said he couldn't play his style there either. Even Urban Meyer didn't think he could do it and was planning on using him as a Linebacker. But college coaches are less afraid to take risks AND are more innovative in general. College players also aren't running the asylums like they are in the NFL. NFL players are even dumber than the coaches - see McGahee, Lloyd,, all the New York Jets, Elway... even Dawkins still doubts Tebow.


it also helps he was surrounded by 3.5+ star athletes at every position and were more talented at most every position than probably90% of their opponents...but yes lets go with what you say.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #124
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,452

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
The Jets didn't play Tebow because they blew the bank on Mark not knowing Tebow would be available.. AND they didn't know how to run Tebow's offense.

The biggest obstacle Tebow has isn't coaches it's the players. As I said above.. players are MORONS.. they are incredibly jealous of Tebow and ignorant about FB yet they all think they are experts. Half of them or more have taken sides in this just like fans. And NFL players run the asylums.. how can a coach play Tebow if half the guys or more on the team won't play for him?

There is also the aspect of the NFL being a business. This is the real reason guys on the Broncos offense were chomping at the bit for Peyton.. because he would help them put up monster numbers ensuring their NFL career. Tebow takes many of those numbers himself running the ball and his style doesn't pad their stats and bank accounts.

Coaches have egos too.. do you think they want to throw away what they feel is their genius offense and just let Tebow run the show and play his own game? Not to mention all these guys judged Tebow before he even came into the NFL and don't want to admit they were wrong..


As for Peyton.. he's not getting any younger. That was one of my big arguments why he would be screwed in Denver. Did you see him trying to run in overtime? It was a joke.. think about it.. what was the biggest difference between Flacco and Peyton. Flacco has mobility like Tebow.. he doesn't use it as much but he has it. If you look at those plays that won that game I think it was Flacco's mobility and Peyton's zero miobility that was the difference in the game.

Flacco actually won that game playing like Tebow did to beat the Steelers.. and Peyton played like Orton. lol
Son, if Tebow had still been our QB there wouldn't even have been another overtime in the playoffs for him to run around in! Plus DT, Decker and any other WRs with the talent and aspirations for greatness would dump the Broncos the minute their rookie contracts were up and run .. not walk... to any greener pastures!

Timmy would have killed their careers or at least made those careers significantly underwhelming.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #125
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
it also helps he was surrounded by 3.5+ star athletes at every position and were more talented at most every position than probably90% of their opponents...but yes lets go with what you say.
Then why is it that Urban Meyer had to leave the SEC and go to another conference?

You want to know why? Because RUNNING wins in the SEC just like it does in the NFL playoffs.

The Gators had weak runner just like the Broncos... Tebow made that Gators team successful in the SEC because of if ability to run SEC power football as a QB. Even Cam had far far better runners than Tebow. This was why Auburn lost Cam and a whole team full of seniors but still beat the Tebowless Gators the following season. When Cam was at Auburn people said he was better than Tebow because he won with less talent. Even though the only team to beat Tebow twice was Auburn even when they didn't have Cam...

Why is this? Because Auburn runs a power running game ideally suited to the SEC. Florida ran a finesse offense to please the fans.. just like Peyton runs a finesse offense for regular season wins and to please fans.

THIS was why Florida let Cam go.. because he was not suited a a passer to do what Tebow did. He couldn't even carry the running game Tebow did at UF either because Cam would have been killed. Conversely Tebow could have been even more dominant at Auburn because they were more suited to a running QB.

This is the same reason why Tebow was better in the playoffs than Peyton.. even being horribly mismanaged...

Running wins games against the best teams.. and Tebow made the Broncos the best running team in the NFL. This is also why the Jets were crazy not to use Tebow.. he would have been ideally suited to the style they play.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Denver Broncos