The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #26
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,020

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
So..basically he screwed our team last week as he knows he is going to be a SD head coach.
**** you Mccoy.
Jesus are you for real?!?
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #27
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I agree but I also think some guys that he could take have potential like Gase and Brian Callahan. Also with a guy like Whisenhunt we may have to worry about HC opening interviews in the post season again. That sucks.
That is pretty annoying, but the bright side is that when you have that problem, it means your team was pretty damn successful that year
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #28
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Pete Carroll is a douche

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,557

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Jesus are you for real?!?
go_denethor is go_denthoring

Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #29
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,677

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Jesus are you for real?!?
I am sure that he was looking forward to becoming charger.
I also think Belichick sent Mcd to destroy broncos..
See how he joined NE after he destroyed this Franchise.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #30
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Shabby, not too

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,532
Default

Good, gtfo

Maybe Gase gets promoted now?
Br0nc0Buster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #31
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,677

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
go_denethor is go_denthoring

Kaylore - Show some frustration on the ones that are destroying this Franchise(Mcd, Mccoy and Fox)
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #32
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Don't like this one bit! I think he gets more flak than deserved. It's not his fault that he has to call plays according to the head coach's philosophy. If he could get something out of Orton and Tebow, he will defenetly get Rivers going again.
Anything that was 'gotten' out of Kyle was by McDouchels. If you see something positive in Kyle's games under McCoy's gameplanning, please point it out to me in Weeks 1-5 of 2011. That's pretty much the sum total of McCoy's influence with Kyle. And it reeked.

Tebow for all his faults made some of McFox's ground and pound wet dreams possible. But the fact that they still have those dreams even when they've got PFM under center and are reduced to Ronnie Hillman in the backfield.... something's gotta give.

I want an OC with the credibility to talk this stuff over with PM and together they can give Foxy the what-for if need be. Foxy doesn't have the offensive resume to restrain a top 5 GOAT who's maybe the greatest offensive mind ever to play. If he can't adjust to that kind of talent on his roster, he's really nothing more than Reeves II.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #33
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Anything that was 'gotten' out of Kyle was by McDouchels. If you see something positive in Kyle's games under McCoy's gameplanning, please point it out to me in Weeks 1-5 of 2011. That's pretty much the sum total of McCoy's influence with Kyle. And it reeked.
Tebow QBR 29.9 with a rating of 72.9 in 2011. Orton QBR 49.8 with a rating of 75.7 in 2011.

Must suck when your boy sucks against sucky players.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #34
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,329
Default

Laters loser, can't say I'll miss ya. Thank god the McDaniels running game is officially gone.

1. McCoy didn't do crap in the McDaniels era, except learn how to be an OC from one of the worst head coaches in NFL history.
2. McCoy was the primary person in favor of extending the Orton Era after the Fox hire.
3. He unwillingly shifted to a makeshift Tebow Offense that only utlized go routes, and no use of the TE.
4. He began 2012 by saying that the 2-back set was going to be a major component of our offense (2-back sets were used ~1% of the time).
5. McCoy displayed ZERO Offensive creativity after having 2 weeks to prepare for Baltimore.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #35
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Whoever comes in will either be a conservative or will adapt to one. In the end its Fox handprints
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #36
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,218

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

@UTKevinAcee: Been told Chargers likely wouldn't have interviewed McCoy had Broncos not lost.
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #37
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Tebow QBR 29.9 with a rating of 72.9 in 2011. Orton QBR 49.8 with a rating of 75.7 in 2011.

Must suck when your boy sucks against sucky players.
It's awesome when you highlight the awesomeness of a 6 year vet by pointing out that he had higher QB rating by 2.8 points when compared to "the worst quarterback in the league" in his first 14 career starts. Oh and also by selectively ignoring playoff numbers again, which you turn on and off like a spigot when it suits you. Oh and by paying zero attention to Tebow's additional rushing numbers. Kyle says "what are those?"

How you can still mumble that Tebow was the worst ever with that OrtWang poking around in your mouth is amazing. I mean it. Never gets old.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #38
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABroncoFan View Post
@UTKevinAcee: Been told Chargers likely wouldn't have interviewed McCoy had Broncos not lost.
See, there is always a silver lining.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #39
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,020

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I am sure that he was looking forward to becoming charger.
I also think Belichick sent Mcd to destroy broncos..
See how he joined NE after he destroyed this Franchise.
And I am now sure you are a conspiracy nut run amok!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #40
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,020

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
go_denethor is go_denthoring

Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #41
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I agree but I also think some guys that he could take have potential like Gase and Brian Callahan. Also with a guy like Whisenhunt we may have to worry about HC opening interviews in the post season again. That sucks.
Very true. QB coach moves up and someone now needs to be the OC. If it doesn't happen in house, they could be on the move. I wish I can give McCoy all the best in the world but b**** went to the AFC West. May your failures be as strong as Allens.

Chargers will like the hire and think they got one over on us. Those fans have to remember that they are still the Chargers with no receivers at the moment and Rivers has been way sub par the last 2 seasons.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 01-15-2013 at 02:05 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #42
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Congrats to McCoy.

I've never seen such a spoiled fan base complain about a legitimate OC that we've had. We won a playoff game with Tebow for **** sake. People on here talk as if he's one of the worst OC's in the league.

However, I don't hope he does well or anything... kind of interested to see how he will run his offense. That will "reveal" more about John Fox...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #43
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Laters loser, can't say I'll miss ya. Thank god the McDaniels running game is officially gone.
Yeah, thank GOD that McDaniels running game is gone. You know, the one that was 7th in the league this year and the one that put 122 yards on 5.4 YPC on Houston, a top rushing defense in the league. Thank God for that right?

(How can you **** heads blame McDaniels for our running game this year? We ran out of like 3 formations, that's not a McDaniels running game, that's PEYTON's running game)

Quote:
1. McCoy didn't do crap in the McDaniels era, except learn how to be an OC from one of the best Offensive Coordinators in NFL history.
Fixed

Quote:
2. McCoy was the primary person in favor of extending the Orton Era after the Fox hire.
Were you in the locker room and offices or something? And, yeah who knew Tebow's watered down offense would work so well. I'm mean Tebow can't beat out Mark Sanchez...I'm pretty sure he couldn't beat out Orton.

Quote:
3. He unwillingly shifted to a makeshift Tebow Offense that only utlized go routes, and no use of the TE.
He did use the TE actually. The TE's caught many clutch passes in late game situations that led to come backs/scores. Like the 40 yard pass to Fells in the Pittsburgh playoff game that was designed based of a play they showed time and time again in the season, but the tweaked it because they knew Polamolu would bite. Watch some football son, learn something.

Yes, he primarily used Go Routes because of how dumbed down that offense was...along with the fact that our WR's weren't the best route runners and Tebow isn't exactly an all world slinger.

Quote:
4. He began 2012 by saying that the 2-back set was going to be a major component of our offense (2-back sets were used ~1% of the time).
No idea about this...not sure where he said it but you sound like a b****.

[crying voice] OMG You told me you were going to do this...you lied to me![/crying voice]

Quote:
5. McCoy displayed ZERO Offensive creativity after having 2 weeks to prepare for Baltimore.
Peyton's offenses have never been about creativity. But yeah, let's just blame people we hate, and ignore the truth when it has to do with people we like. That's the Denver Broncos fan mantra.

However, I guess Knowshon Moreno split out right running a stop and go route for a touchdown and throwing a pass that splits ed reed and the LB shows "no creativity."

Watch some other teams play football, maybe you'll learn something.

Last edited by Action; 01-15-2013 at 02:26 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #44
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,684
Default

I have to say, this forum really makes me laugh at times. Much better than Broncomania. Wish the draft forum was a little busier though.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #45
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 14,969
Default

WOOOOOOOOOOT!

Goodbye idiot!
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #46
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,241
Default

for the love of God, 3/4 of the AFC west has ties to the Broncos.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #47
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Yeah, thank GOD that McDaniels running game is gone. You know, the one that was 7th in the league this year and the one that put 122 yards on 5.4 YPC on Houston, a top rushing defense in the league. Thank God for that right?
**** McDaniels. And **** McCoy. So much for his vaunted 2-back set. Thank god we had Chris Gronkowski right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Yeah, thank GOD that McDaniels running game is (How can you **** heads blame McDaniels for our running game this year? We ran out of like 3 formations, that's not a McDaniels running game, that's PEYTON's running game)
What we ran this year was the bastardized son of McDaniels "vaunted" running game, which Manning tried to make work with the Manning Offense. Hopefully we see Tom Moore here, so you can get an accurate version sh*thead. Shouldn't you be on a Patriots board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Were you in the locker room and offices or something? And, yeah who knew Tebow's watered down offense would work so well. I'm mean Tebow can't beat out Mark Sanchez...I'm pretty sure he couldn't beat out Orton.
I watched all the press conferences where McCoy squirmingly fronted for Orton, even while he went 7-26 over two seasons. Tebow succeeded in spite of gay ass McCoy. Manning succeeded without McCoy, and will continue to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
He did use the TE actually. The TE's caught many clutch passes in late game situations that led to come backs/scores. Like the 40 yard pass to Fells in the Pittsburgh playoff game that was designed based of a play they showed time and time again in the season, but the tweaked it because they knew Polamolu would bite. Watch some football son, learn something.
Guess what toolshed? There were 16 completions to TE's in Tebow's 13 starts in 2011. You remember Fells reception in the playoffs, because it was one of the only passes to a TE the entire season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Yes, he primarily used Go Routes because of how dumbed down that offense was...along with the fact that our WR's weren't the best route runners and Tebow isn't exactly an all world slinger.
Yeah, McCoy ONLY used go routes, because he's a dumbass.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Peyton's offenses have never been about creativity. But yeah, let's just blame people we hate, and ignore the truth when it has to do with people we like. That's the Denver Broncos fan mantra.
Good luck bashing on Broncos fans in a Broncos fan forum bozo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
However, I guess Knowshon Moreno split out right running a stop and go route for a touchdown and throwing a pass that splits ed reed and the LB shows "no creativity."
That's part of the Manning Offense, and has nothing to do with McCoy. Joseph Addai ring any bells moron? Go watch some old Colts highlights, and you'll see it repeatedly. It was a pretty significant component of their Offense, it's a shame Manning was only able to use it for one play this year.

Last edited by pricejj; 01-15-2013 at 03:04 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #48
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Pete Carroll is a douche

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,557

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Kaylore - Show some frustration on the ones that are destroying this Franchise(Mcd, Mccoy and Fox)
Yeah they sure destroyed this franchise when they took a 4-12 team and won the division two years in a row.

This is unforgiveable. Let's pour oil on each other and light ourselves on fire in protest!
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #49
spiralism
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Laters loser, can't say I'll miss ya. Thank god the McDaniels running game is officially gone.

1. McCoy didn't do crap in the McDaniels era, except learn how to be an OC from one of the worst head coaches in NFL history.
2. McCoy was the primary person in favor of extending the Orton Era after the Fox hire.
3. He unwillingly shifted to a makeshift Tebow Offense that only utlized go routes, and no use of the TE.
4. He began 2012 by saying that the 2-back set was going to be a major component of our offense (2-back sets were used ~1% of the time).
5. McCoy displayed ZERO Offensive creativity after having 2 weeks to prepare for Baltimore.
There's a grantland article on our offence being essentially identical to the Manning/Moore offence in Indy - Belichick was quoted on it as describing the two as "essentially identical". It noted that we tried different things in the first five weeks such as the 2 back sets etc and binned them after the bye. So i don't give credit to him for basically copy/pasting the Indy playbook.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #50
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

"San Diego has a great and long tradition franchise...San diego has a great fanbase..."
Mike McCoy, biggest liar since Raider Bill came in and told us Oakland will have a Top 5 offense.
Nice press conference Michael.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Denver Broncos