The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you do
Take a knee & play for overtime 2 3.17%
Get agressive and play for the win 57 90.48%
Stay conservative and hope someone breaks something 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #26
Mile High 81
Solid Starter

From the DP

Quote:
According to Keith Goldner at the excellent Advanced NFL Stats, since the 2000 NFL season there have been 21 games similar to the Broncos’ situation against the Ravens (a drive that starts with between 20-40 seconds remaining; the offense has two or more timeouts; the offense has either a deficit of 3-or-fewer points or the game is tied).

In those 21 situations, the offense scored a field goal four times. Not a lot. But only one offense turned the ball over and eventually lost the game (Donovan McNabb’s INT for Philadelphia against Washington in 2009). In 16 games, the offense missed a field goal or didn’t get a kick off
So that means
4 Times the team Win
16 Times nothing happend
1 Time the lose

So Mister "we play for the odds" Fox.

You have a 96 % Chance of winning or NOT Losing the Game. And a 4 % Chance of losing.

What do you do ?
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #27
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

"You watch a (70)-yard bomb go over your head, there's a certain amount of shock value," Fox said. "A little bit like a prize fighter who gets a right cross on the chin at the end of a round, you're looking to get out of the round."

-John Fox

Which means we are not mentally tough. We get hit, and we need to lay low and need to get out of the quarter and collect our self instead of hitting them back in the mouth. He coached scarred. And because of that he will never win. This guy was the reason we lost. I will take Raheem Moore any day over this clown. Atleast with Moore, I know the kid will try to do better and learn from his huge mistake. But this is Fox being Fox. A conservative/scarred coach.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #28
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High 81 View Post
From the DP

So that means
4 Times the team Win
16 Times nothing happend
1 Time the lose

So Mister "we play for the odds" Fox.

You have a 96 % Chance of winning or NOT Losing the Game. And a 4 % Chance of losing.

What do you do ?
You take 3 or 4 Aleve. All those numbers made Foxy's head hurt.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #29
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
"You watch a (70)-yard bomb go over your head, there's a certain amount of shock value," Fox said. "A little bit like a prize fighter who gets a right cross on the chin at the end of a round, you're looking to get out of the round."

-John Fox

Which means we are not mentally tough. We get hit, and we need to lay low and need to get out of the quarter and collect our self instead of hitting them back in the mouth. He coached scarred. And because of that he will never win. This guy was the reason we lost. I will take Raheem Moore any day over this clown. Atleast with Moore, I know the kid will try to do better and learn from his huge mistake. But this is Fox being Fox. A conservative/scarred coach.
That sounds like some **** John Ralston would say.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #30
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Yesterday I heard the sorriest excuse ever for taking the knee and killing any last chance to kick a FG for the win even after the Cluster Fork that is Rahim Moore!

Fox sat there and said with a straight face the reason they had PMFM take a freakin' knee with 32 seconds and two time outs left with the game tied was because the team was 'shell shocked' and too stunned to play a little offense and complete a couple passes for the win!

Mind you it was the DEFENSE that was the SHELL- SHOCKEE's .. not the offense who had been sitting on the sidelines waiting for the D to wrap up the victory gift they had giving on the 91 yard TD drive for the 7 point lead!

They were not out there running around and laying a huge egg! They may have been a bit shocked for 20 seconds or so followed by being mad as hell that Moore (and Foxy before him) put the whole team in this position.

These are grown men and are suppose to be warriors for cryin' out loud! Manning could easily huddle the O together during the TV commercial before the Ravens kickoff with one simple message.

'Okay guys we're going do to them just what they just did to us!! Everyone focus, lock and load ... No mistakes allowed and go kick arse, CATCH the damn ball and block like your life depended on it!'

That's all he would have to say to have blood and spit coming out of those guys eyeballs!

If the D needed a breather to regroup after that. .fine .. I might even buy that a little . .but not the O who had been twiddling their thumbs waiting just in case they had to do a rescue mission!

This is the kind of weak-minded excuse ... 'playing not to lose' mentality that I don't think Fox is capable of seeing through and changing even a little bit?

I like Fox and he brings many a good things to the table and brings stability and is good as a players coach ... but this late game decision making on offense in particular which has never been his forte MUST be reassigned to whomever the new OC is!!

Elway went along with what Fox said but it wasn't a strong defense of Fox's position and seemed more because he was in the 'Fox' hole with Fox at the moment.

Last edited by Hulamau; 01-15-2013 at 02:25 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #31
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:

-John Fox

Fox plays scared and is conservative.
That's the reason we didn't try to pass the ball..He was afraid that something bad might have happen if we throw the ball.
Rest of coaches and players take that attitude from Fox..
We deserved to lose the game.I am worried that he will have the same attitude when he coaches us next year.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #32
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:

-John Fox

After reading the above statement, i am depressed.
There is a reason why coaches like Norv, Marty lose games.
They sit on small leads and try running the ball..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #33
CEH
Ring of Famer

Fox is John Madden mentally

Remember Brady's first Super Bowl Madden saying Brady's going to take a knee and play for OT

How did that turn out

What QB takes a knee?
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #34
Broncos dude
Solid Starter

I agree with fox you take a knee in that situation. Atlanta is down and has no choice, and its 70 degrees not 5 below. Peyton Manning would be throwing a fit if he was confident in his game but he just didnt look good the longer the game went imo. Moore and del rio cost em the game
Broncos dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #35
Bronco Yoda

What I want to know is what Elway is going to do about this. I know Elway said all the PC things to back the coach. That's his job in this situation. But what's really being said behind closed doors. This wasn't just ONE bad call but several.

Combine first half kneel and second half kneel down and you've got 1:07 & 5 time outs.... and you just kneel it down. You don't even try. Not to even speak 3&7.

Holy Shiz! Did he just give up?
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote