The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #76
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Probably the single most improved player on the team over the last year...and still very young. Of course he should be here. Does that mean we don't upgrade if we can, certainly not....but you don't cut someone based on one screw up.
CARTER GOT HURT; OTHERWISE MOORE DOESN'T START.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #77
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
CARTER GOT HURT; OTHERWISE MOORE DOESN'T START.
Actually Moore was starting over Carter when Carter was healthy beginning of camp.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #78
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The other question that needs to be asked is what was Ron Milus, the secondary coach, doing? Hard to tell from TV, but it looked like Jones was running past where Rahim was on the field after about twenty five yards. Shouldn't Rahim have been lined up about forty yards deep? Didn't Champ, or Mike Adams, lay out the law before the play? Why did Rahim get the chance to be in the wrong position on the play?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #79
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
Actually Moore was starting over Carter when Carter was healthy beginning of camp.
When both were healthy in 2011 who played? that was nothing more than a motivational ploy that bore itself out to all of our horror on Saturday....
Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #80
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It would be tremendously short sided to dump him now. He had a really good year, showing a ton of improvement, and he is very young. He made a bad play at an awful time, I don't think he was being selfish at all, just was looking to end the game. Lost his head and got too aggressive. No need to be making more holes in the roster that we'd need to fill. We lost the game in 20 different ways, his was just the most obvious.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #81
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
It would be tremendously short sided to dump him now. He had a really good year, showing a ton of improvement, and he is very young. He made a bad play at an awful time, I don't think he was being selfish at all, just was looking to end the game. Lost his head and got too aggressive. No need to be making more holes in the roster that we'd need to fill. We lost the game in 20 different ways, his was just the most obvious.
Except that, if he makes that play, we win that game.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #82
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

I don't see how Moore stays a Denver Bronco.. Someone will beat him out during training camp.. The coaches will make sure of that.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #83
extralife
Ring of Famer

The goal is to win games. You don't cut a young player with upside in the middle of a three year super bowl window just because you are "mad." Get over yourselves.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #84
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

wasn't Carter battling with Adams to play Strong Safety this season? i always thought Carter was a SS who played FS due to Moore's issues last season and us having Dawkins back there at SS.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #85
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Well, I would like to see more of a play maker back there than Moore at FS.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #86
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
serious?

if the players hate him, then I agree get rid of him. But if the lockerroom is fine then let the kid learn and move on.

He had a great year and is still improving.
I agree. As much as he pretty much stunk last year, the kid has come a long ways and helped make this defense top 5. Only way he can redeem himself is play like an All Pro and we get another opportunity to get this Super Bowl. He has something really to play for in the upcoming season and better be hungry and humble as pie.
While his play was absolutely stupid, we shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with but being the last 30 seconds sheds light on it...ask Perry about his fat ass in 96. So many bonehead plays that day but this is the one that will be remembered.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #87
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

make him walk up and down the isles l;ike a popcorn vender, and every time a fan squawks about a dumb on the feild play he can say "oh yeah you think that was dumb, remember what i did?"
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #88
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
The goal is to win games. You don't cut a young player with upside in the middle of a three year super bowl window just because you are "mad." Get over yourselves.
The goal IS TO WIN GAMES...I agree. and Moore made perhaps the most egregious error a safety could; something that should be so fundamental to a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER that this would never happen. Yet he made that error. He simply cannot be counted upon to make the right decision. He is a MENTAL MIDGET whose physical skills will always be limited by his pathetic mental acuity.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #89
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Well, I would like to see more of a play maker back there than Moore at FS.
Bingo. He's not a stalwart who happens to gamble because of an uncanny big play capability (as evidenced by his paltry ONE ****ING INT despite us being ahead most of the games this year) ala ED REED...he's not even NICK FERGUSON. He's backup PAC 12 garbage.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #90
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm on the fence about bringing him back. Part of me says yeah, he's young, he made a mistake, he'll hopefully learn from it. But there's another part of me that says, you're a safety, at this level you should already know that you can't let the WR get deeper then you, ESPECIALLY in that situation. The team was burned several times on long passes over the top, why didn't he learn from those situations earlier in the game. What makes you think if he couldn't learn from those, why he would learn from the last one. The mistake you can live with and justify is a poor tackle, or maybe a pass interference call if he was maybe pulling down the WR's arms a tad early. But this mistake was a core fundamental know how of an NFL safety. It wasn't a hard play to make.

It's a tough call, I can't really decide either way right now. I do know, however, that Moore would have NEVER made a good outfielder in MLB, lolz.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #91
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Some folks need to remember it is just a football game and not a life and death situation. Kid made a mistake on the job, something that we all do. He will be back and will learn from the mistake which will make him a better player.
If any of us made a mistake that big n the job we would be fired and barred from future employment in our respective professions. That's how ****ed his play was. Buckneresque in its scale of ****ed.

Unfortunately we can't outright dump the **** sipper...yet. We should be moving in a direction to immediately replace him without him knowing it. Oh sure it's all giggles and it'll be fine let's grow from this happy horse**** until the call comes that we just signed your replacement, drafted his backup, bring your play book because your career here is 100% ****ed. Piss off dickhead.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #92
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
I don't see how Moore stays a Denver Bronco.. Someone will beat him out during training camp.. The coaches will make sure of that.
Moore clearly does not give us the best chance to win. A three legged dog would have made a better safety out there.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #93
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Half of the people on this board are so unbelivavbly dense.

So far I have read a few interesting things...

Let's cut Rahim Moore.
The guy just had a really good season. He was a tackling machine. Let's not forget the massive strides he took between his rookie year and his second. Anyone wanting to get rid of him is an imbecile. He made one absolutely terrible play but is it worth cutting him over? Absolutely not.

Champ Bailey is old and clearly needs to move to safety.
I will refer you to this article that has all of the stats for him this year. He is still a top 4 corner http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...d-a-great-2012

Peyton should retire.
Really? A fantastic QB who made 1 terrible throw? Forget the 3 TDs he threw. He threw one bad pic! The guy turned us from an 8-8 team that won some games we did not deserve to win into a legit contender. I don't see anyone crucifying the defense for giving up 35 pts to Mr. Elite Flacco.

Fire John Elway and John Fox.
I'm really hoping whomever suggested firing Elway was trolling. Otherwise it was literally one of the dumbest comments I have ever read in the history of the internet. Please jump off of a cliff.

I can understand being mad at Fox. He messed up. He admitted to it. Hopefully he will learn from his dumb mistakes and realize he has Peyton and not Delhomme. Maybe Peyton was hurt? He kept clutching his hand and didn't make more than 2 throws over 15 yards. Idk. Suggesting we fire the coach that brought us back frokm our lowest point is idiotic.

People need to think before they write this moronic bs. These p***Y ass knee jerk reactions make us look like the most fickle fan base in the NFL. We had a terrible game, get over it. It was devastating but we are a good team with the talent to do it again next year.
The Denver Broncos average fanbase IQ dropped by 50 points sometime between Saturday night and well until the ****e blows over.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #94
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
The Denver Broncos average fanbase IQ dropped by 50 points sometime between Saturday night and well until the ****e blows over.
It's infuriating and so dumb.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #95
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
still not as bad as the epic meltdown when DeCastro went before us and we traded out of the first. then when we selected Wolfe & Oz
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #96
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
If any of us made a mistake that big n the job we would be fired and barred from future employment in our respective professions. That's how ****ed his play was. Buckneresque in its scale of ****ed.

Unfortunately we can't outright dump the **** sipper...yet. We should be moving in a direction to immediately replace him without him knowing it. Oh sure it's all giggles and it'll be fine let's grow from this happy horse**** until the call comes that we just signed your replacement, drafted his backup, bring your play book because your career here is 100% ****ed. Piss off dickhead.
I would say I imagined this post being read by a man with a bag over his head and a bucket of drool under his face, but I'm pretty sure that's the actual truth.

and for all those who think he will be cut (because you are dumb), please let me describe for you the case of Kyle Williams and the San Francisco 49ers, whom I also happen to root for. In the windswept year of 2012, Kyle Williams muffed a punt in the NFC Championship game that immediately led to a TD for the Giants in a close game. It was in the 4th quarter. It was devastating. I wanted to die. But the 49ers tied the game! It went into overtime! Joy of Joys, the 49ers got a defensive stop! On to the field comes our hero Kyle Williams, out for redemption. He muffs the punt. The Giants kick a field goal.

Kyle Williams lost the NFC Championship game for the 49ers TWICE. IN THE SAME GAME.

He played for the team this year.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #97
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I just will never trust him again in that situation. I can't imagine how the players or coaches would trust him.

Here's how I look at it.

It's like if I hire someone to bid jobs, and they bid 1 job where the engineer's estimate is $5,000,000. The second place bidder's bid is $4,750,000. Our cost to do the job is $3,000,000. He is super aggressive and wants to be the hero, getting the big job, and his bid is $1,500,000. A mistake like that, I don't care how smart he is. How much potential he has. How young he is. A mistake that bad is unforgivable. That guy would be fired on the spot because he can never be trusted again.

That's Rahim the Dream.

Last edited by spdirty; 01-14-2013 at 07:48 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #98
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I would say I imagined this post being read by a man with a bag over his head and a bucket of drool under his face, but I'm pretty sure that's the actual truth.

and for all those who think he will be cut (because you are dumb), please let me describe for you the case of Kyle Williams and the San Francisco 49ers, whom I also happen to root for. In the windswept year of 2012, Kyle Williams muffed a punt in the NFC Championship game that immediately led to a TD for the Giants in a close game. It was in the 4th quarter. It was devastating. I wanted to die. But the 49ers tied the game! It went into overtime! Joy of Joys, the 49ers got a defensive stop! On to the field comes our hero Kyle Williams, out for redemption. He muffs the punt. The Giants kick a field goal.

Kyle Williams lost the NFC Championship game for the 49ers TWICE. IN THE SAME GAME.

He played for the team this year.
I stopped reading your post when you said you root for two NFL teams...
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #99
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I just will never trust him again in that situation. I can't imagine how the players or coaches would trust him.

Here's how I look at it.

It's like if I hire someone to bid jobs, and they bid 1 job where the engineer's estimate is $5,000,000. The second place bidder's bid is $4,750,000. Our cost to do the job is $3,000,000. He is super aggressive and wants to be the hero, getting the big job, and his bid is $1,500,000. A mistake like that, I don't care how smart he is. How much potential he has. How young he is. A mistake that bad is unforgivable. That guy would be fired on the spot because he can never be trusted again.

That's Rahim the Dream.
He's fundamentally incompetent. Let's get his replacement and trade him off to some unwitting dupe. He's not good enough to justify putting up with this ****. There are better players to be had. Let's fine them and get them and send Moore packing.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #100
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I would still like to hear Ron Milus' explanation for why Moore was where he was on that play.