The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #51
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

He didn't spy on the TE too much. He had plenty of time to get back and make the play, he just backpedaled instead of turning to run, a mistake I doubt he makes again. Moore was one of the most improved players this year and would be difficult to replace with someone better. Champ is the question mark for me. He isn't going to get faster in the next year.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #52
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

He didn't spy on the TE too much. He had plenty of time to get back and make the play, he just backpedaled instead of turning to run, a mistake I doubt he makes again. Moore was one of the most improved players this year and would be difficult to replace with someone better. Champ is the question mark for me. He isn't going to get faster in the next year.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #53
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Rahim Moore had a pretty good year and is a player with a lot of potential.

Cutting him after that play would be a knee jerk reaction....overall, he made a lot of strides this season.

Another team would snatch him up in a second.

Rahim Moore has a lot of upside and potential and a bright future in the NFL.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #54
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

If Moore's play happened to start the game and the Smith TD on Bailey happened to end it, the threads would be entirely different.

It's all about what happens at the end that resonates in people's minds.

Don't forget that we had the ball in OT to win it and we ****ed it up.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #55
Bronco Yoda

I think the extremely cold weather affected Champ. He's getting to that age that he's no longer bullet proof. Doesn't mean he can't still play. Just means everyone involved will need to start considering these factors and make adjustments from time to time. The days of just throw Champ out there come rain come shine regardless may be over.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #56
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I still can't believe he wasn't able to make a play on that moonball.

Christ, that ball was in the air FOREVER.

Backpedaling then falling on your ass to boot was about the worst way to play that pass.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #57
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Letting a receiver get behind you in that type of game situation is much more than a simple mistake. You have to question the guy's ability to understand simple game concepts.
i have a bigger issue with us rushing only 3 and only Moore being near the receiver or the ball.
the other DB was 6-7 yards away and he was originally covering Jones.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #58
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post

Backpedaling then falling on your ass to boot was about the worst way to play that pass.
No kidding it hung forever. I went to the kitchen while Joe was scrambling around, made a sandwich and walked back in and he was just jumping at the ball.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #59
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I don't know who else was at the game but that single play is on the opposite end of the spectrum for me in terms of playoff moments I have seen live. The other end being, the DT TD last year.

After Smith caught it, it was almost like I couldn't believe what I just saw. The end of the game was quiet and just miserable.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #60
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Half of the people on this board are so unbelivavbly dense.

So far I have read a few interesting things...

Let's cut Rahim Moore.
The guy just had a really good season. He was a tackling machine. Let's not forget the massive strides he took between his rookie year and his second. Anyone wanting to get rid of him is an imbecile. He made one absolutely terrible play but is it worth cutting him over? Absolutely not.

Champ Bailey is old and clearly needs to move to safety.
I will refer you to this article that has all of the stats for him this year. He is still a top 4 corner http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...d-a-great-2012

Peyton should retire.
Really? A fantastic QB who made 1 terrible throw? Forget the 3 TDs he threw. He threw one bad pic! The guy turned us from an 8-8 team that won some games we did not deserve to win into a legit contender. I don't see anyone crucifying the defense for giving up 35 pts to Mr. Elite Flacco.

Fire John Elway and John Fox.
I'm really hoping whomever suggested firing Elway was trolling. Otherwise it was literally one of the dumbest comments I have ever read in the history of the internet. Please jump off of a cliff.

I can understand being mad at Fox. He messed up. He admitted to it. Hopefully he will learn from his dumb mistakes and realize he has Peyton and not Delhomme. Maybe Peyton was hurt? He kept clutching his hand and didn't make more than 2 throws over 15 yards. Idk. Suggesting we fire the coach that brought us back frokm our lowest point is idiotic.

People need to think before they write this moronic bs. These p***Y ass knee jerk reactions make us look like the most fickle fan base in the NFL. We had a terrible game, get over it. It was devastating but we are a good team with the talent to do it again next year.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #61
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
Everyone wants Moore's head on a plate. What about Champ Bailey? He got owned like a b**** all game and deserves more heat than Moore. Bailey got b**** slapped in that game
Well some differences exist here, Champ has been with us through thick and thin, carrying the team sometimes over the last few years. Moore just seems like a trash talking mediocre player to me. He reminds me a lot of Tbuck, going for the big hit or the pick, never making the smart play.

I was cursing Champ for sure for getting burned, but it's a bit much to ask Champ to keep up with WRs year after year on his own with no help.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #62
Bronco Yoda

Did Jack Del Rio underestimate Flacco?
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #63
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It was a horrible mistake, but this sort of **** is character building. He's a good, young player with upside. You dont get rid of him. You see how he reacts to this.
Good point. One play does not make a career. If he doesn't learn from it you deal with him. If he does and you cut him loose some other team profits from the the price we just paid.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #64
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post

He laid it up like last week too and got lucky. We all said our secondary was too good to allow it. Pisses me off just thinking about it.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #65
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
After effectively costing us the season, and destroying everything that team and coaching staff worked so hard all year for.

He is despised by at least 90% of the fanbase. Probably worse than McDaniels.

What do you think the coaches think about him?

What do you think the players think of him?

Where is his head right now? I saw a poster say he was in a restaurant yesterday staring into outer space just zoned out.

Even if he comes back to be the next Ed Reed, he will NEVER live this down here. 20 years from now people will remember this and remember his name with disgust. Perry and Lilly haven't lived down their **** ups for ****s sakes. And Lilly was 26 years ago, Perry 16.

I just don't know how you can justify bringing him back after this.

Because John Elway is not Al Davis.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #66
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
Well some differences exist here, Champ has been with us through thick and thin, carrying the team sometimes over the last few years. Moore just seems like a trash talking mediocre player to me. He reminds me a lot of Tbuck, going for the big hit or the pick, never making the smart play.

I was cursing Champ for sure for getting burned, but it's a bit much to ask Champ to keep up with WRs year after year on his own with no help.
How is Moore a trash talker? Never seen him trash talk a player on the field. He had 1 bad play all game, while Champ kept on getting beat play after play. He is more at blame for the loss than Moore.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #67
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
How is Moore a trash talker? Never seen him trash talk a player on the field. He had 1 bad play all game, while Champ kept on getting beat play after play. He is more at blame for the loss than Moore.
i think most people get that from his Rahim "The Dream" Moore intros.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #68
shalowlow
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I agree that saying he should be cut is stupid. Plain and simple. He just made a bad play on the ball, it just happened to come at the worst possible time.

It doesn't do much for my view of his athleticism though. It was not an athletic or intelligent play by any means.

I still can't believe it happened the way it did. Every time I see the replay, I think "okay this time he'll bat it down".
shalowlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #69
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

I don't mind if they replace him with someone better. It's not like you can pick one of those up at the local convenience store though. You don't just cut him because he screwed the pooch without a solid plan to upgrade. There's a long list of people who screwed up at inopportune moments on Saturday. Some of them are people this team is built around and who still give this team a chance to win a title these next two to three years.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #70
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domostick View Post
Well I hope you want to get rid of Champ Bailey and Manning then too because they had just as much of an effect on the outcome as Moore. That's why I'll let John Elway sit back and make those decisions.
This^

If we cut everyone from the team that ****ed up.... We wouldn't have hardly anyone on the team. A bunch of you mother****ers need to just stop thinking with your vaginas... And let the professionals make those decisions for you
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #71
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

I'm just sayin.... I mean hell my GF could have defended that TD pass better.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #72
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

The next time that mental midget and his overestimated vertical wears Orange, it better be the color of the inmate uniform and that he's serving time for committing the felony offense of stealing from us Broncomaniacs DEFEAT from the jaws of VICTORY!!!
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #73
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
If other players have an issue with him I'd **** them out. It's not as if at some point in these pro's careers they've made a mistake or 10.

This is the bloody NFL, not the playground, the Broncos invested a 2nd rd pick in this kid and this season was the first in which we've seen any real progress and you wanna throw him to the lions

One play does not make a career, if we'd have binned Elway after some of his shocking Superbowl performances wtf would the Broncos history be right now
How many players make a mistake at such a critical juncture as this 39 seconds to go, 70 yards away from your own goaline, 3rd and 3 and the other team has ZERO timeouts.....and you play a shallow crossing tight end while you're in COVER 2 (while the corner is playing his position correctly by shadowing underneath!!! ) how many players do thisLess than 1%....that is a Bronco CAREER ENDING MISTAKE. End of story. We are taught in Jr. High if you're protecting a lead and playing safety to not let a man get behind you....that was simply intolerable and out TEAM NEVER RECOVERED.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #74
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Probably the single most improved player on the team over the last year...and still very young. Of course he should be here. Does that mean we don't upgrade if we can, certainly not....but you don't cut someone based on one screw up.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #75
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

How many pass breakups and INTs did Moore have THIS SEASON? THIS ISN' T CHARLES WOODSON BACK THERE GETTING BEAT.......**** HIM AND HIS 72 TACKLES AND one MEASLEY fRICKING interception!!! hE SHOULD'VE BEEN CUT RIGHT AFTER HE SHOWERED....