The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #26
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
Don't blame the refs but I thought the Kuper holding call was ludicrious and the most egregious of all. Not sure if I've ever seen that one.
Hester's progress was essentially stopped when the "hold" occurred.

How the hell would you have any time to hold on a quick hitter to the up back?

If anything, it was defensive holding by 96!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
You must have been watching a different game. The block in the back you are talking about was on Hester and it was not a block in the back. Watch the replay again...he starts off blocking him in the front and as they start to fall it looks like he is pushing him in the back. It was legal.

Also, they didn't call PI on Thomas on that TD drive. They called holding before the pass and it was.
On your first point, I won't argue because I admittedly didn't get a great look at it. Saw one replay and everyone at the party I was at reacted to what looked like a block in the back. Wish I could see it again.

On the second point, maybe we're not talking about the same thing? I just remember us getting a gift PI call and I'm pretty sure it was on that drive.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #28
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
On your first point, I won't argue because I admittedly didn't get a great look at it. Saw one replay and everyone at the party I was at reacted to what looked like a block in the back. Wish I could see it again.

On the second point, maybe we're not talking about the same thing? I just remember us getting a gift PI call and I'm pretty sure it was on that drive.
On the PI call it seemed that way because there was no PI and the Ravens players freaked out. But the ref called defensive holding prior to the pass and it clearly was. On the replay Thomas came out of his break and the guy grabbed the back of his jersey and pulled on him.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #29
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Yeah, DT dropped one a few plays before he scored.

That was sort of a gift defensive holding that went the Broncos way.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #30
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Even with all the crap that happened, we still had a 97.5% chance to win with a minute left. That's what really stings.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #31
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

The refs cost us the game. Period. Don't give me that "it went both ways" crap. It did not. The Ravens are not in position to win the game without those egregious errors that lead directly to unearned, underserved points. The missed PI call on the pick six alone probably made the difference. I'm sick of people trying to bail out the refs by saying "well, you have to overcome that and we should have won anyway." Bull. The Ravens shouldn't have been in position to win and didn't deserve to win. The refs handed it to them.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #32
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Yeah, DT dropped one a few plays before he scored.

That was sort of a gift defensive holding that went the Broncos way.
Wrong. There's was absolutely defensive holding on that play.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #33
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Also, while agreeing that Denver by far got the net raw deal on calls, there were two standouts that went Denver's way. The first was a clear block in the back on one of Holliday's TD returns (I think it was the kick return). The second was the pass interference on Denver's TD drive to take the late lead which probably shouldn't have been called.
This. There was a handful of calls that went our way. Seems like we got a facemask where the Raven defender's hand grazed the mask. Overall it was a poorly officiated game all around that left both fan bases shaking their heads.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #34
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
This. There was a handful of calls that went our way. Seems like we got a facemask where the Raven defender's hand grazed the mask. Overall it was a poorly officiated game all around that left both fan bases shaking their heads.
Wrong. As has been pointed out, there was no block in the back on the play, it just looked that way on one of the camera angles. And there was clear defensive holding on the Thomas play. Ravens were mad because they thought PI was called, but it was the holding earlier in the play. Literally all the bad calls in this game went the Ravens way. Period.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #35
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Wrong. There's was absolutely defensive holding on that play.
I see in one of the other posts there was a grab of the jersey.

I must've missed that somehow with all the other BS that happened on Saturday.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #36
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

the refs sucked, no doubt about it. It was a horribly officiated game. Not one holding call on the ratbirds oline? Seriously?

Certainly the Broncos are the main culprits in this loss, but the bad officiating is the straw the broke the camel's back IMHO.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #37
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Bottom line, when we look back and talk about this game 5, 10, 15 years from now, the refs won't be what is talked about. Rahim Moore will be. He is our Earnest Byner, Bill Buckner, etc. And for that reason he needs to go.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #38
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Bottom line, when we look back and talk about this game 5, 10, 15 years from now, the refs won't be what is talked about. Rahim Moore will be. He is our Earnest Byner, Bill Buckner, etc. And for that reason he needs to go.
He's more Bartman than Buckner; more Barrett Robbins than Earnest Byner.

By that, I mean he'll likely be submitted to the dustbin of history. Buckner and Byner were both great players who had moments of terrible play. Rahim Moore... he may never be the same guy psychologically. Frankly, I'm hoping he doesn't kill himself. He's really taking this hard, as he should be, but... damn.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #39
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Rahim Moore should have never had to cover that guy. I think the coaches were just trying something else, seeing that Champ was being beaten like a drum. I blame the person who called that formation...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #40
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Rahim Moore should have never had to cover that guy. I think the coaches were just trying something else, seeing that Champ was being beaten like a drum. I blame the person who called that formation...
If I remember correctly it was Carter (or Harris?) who had the coverage. He dropped the coverage to Moore for whatever reason. Moore wasn't in the right postion, took a bad angle, and went for the ball instead of Jones. He probably misjudged the trajectory of the ball. Moore should have never let Jones get behind him, and Carter/Harris never should have dropped coverage.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #41
Beej
Seasoned Veteran

I'd like to just add that Peyton's "fumble" was the classic tuck rule, and should have been called incomplete. That looked no different than Brady's famous call.
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #42
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Ummm, what?!? What exactly is the job of a safety in a prevent defense if it's not to cover the only guy running deep on your side of the field?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #43
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
A week ago, the smart money was on the league doing whatever they could to ensure a Manning/Brady AFC Championship Game. Now, after watching the officiating in both the AFC Divisional Games and seeing the way they were blatantly screwing Denver and NE, I'm convinced that there is one of two things going on:

1. They want Ray Ray in the SB; or
2. The refs were instructed to go out of their way and do whatever they could to NOT make it look like they were pulling for the Manning/Brady ratings bonanza.

I'm leaning towards #1. They didn't get their wish of having the easier matchup with Houston in the 2nd round, but they'll pull a few more strings next week to try to ensure that Ray gets there.
No way would the league choose Ray Lewis over Peyton Manning, particularly considering the possibility of a Brady/Manning rematch. There's no conspiracy here. This is just a case of bad officiating that went against us far too often.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #44
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
No way would the league choose Ray Lewis over Peyton Manning, particularly considering the possibility of a Brady/Manning rematch. There's no conspiracy here. This is just a case of bad officiating that went against us far too often.
Don't agree that there's "no way" the league would pick Ray Ray over Manning/Brady. They can have Manning/Brady next season.

I still don't think it's a conspiracy; too many factors with this particular crew point to incompetence. But I can see where the argument could be made.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #45
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
The NFL wouldn't....but the Refs might. Lets us not forget the relationship the refs and the NFL have at the moment.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #46
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
What TEKO wrote. Manning's not retiring. Lewis is. It's his "last hoorah" and could cement his "best LB ever" credentials if he notches another one, especially with a SB MVP award if he keeps racking up 15+ tackle games like they're candy.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #47
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
They did show a replay of Miller and he was not offsides. I think that one ended up not mattering though
He started moving before the snap, but he was moving backwards. Refs saw movement and threw the flag. Would be tough to see in real time as he started moving forward right at the snap.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #48
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Is there an explanation from the refs anywhere about why Manning's fumble wasn't the tuck rule? I personally think the tuck rule is dumb, but id like to know why that wasn't enforced.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #49
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
He started moving before the snap, but he was moving backwards. Refs saw movement and threw the flag. Would be tough to see in real time as he started moving forward right at the snap.
Not only that but I think the Ravens moved after the snap, while Miller moved with it. So he moved before their O-line did. The refs should have been watching the ball instead of the O-line.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #50
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Is there an explanation from the refs anywhere about why Manning's fumble wasn't the tuck rule? I personally think the tuck rule is dumb, but id like to know why that wasn't enforced.
I read somewhere the opinion that there wasn't enough evidence to overrule the call on the field. Just as with the Bolding "catch" that wasn't. The Broncos just came out on the losing end of almost every close call.