The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default Anyone else too depressed to watch football?

Or am I the only one?

I couldn't bring myself to turn on the games today. I didn't even check scores.

I didn't want to hear about the draft, fantasy football, super bowl predictions, etc, so I've been hanging out with friends who don't like sports. I have zero interest in the championship games, much like the Super Bowl, which I'd definitely write off except that the parties are fun. Maybe I'll go and just talk with the sports-hating spouses.

I was not ready for this season to end. I knew it was a possibility, but just couldn't believe my eyes when that field goal went through.

Last edited by Blart; 01-14-2013 at 01:39 AM..
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 01:43 AM   #2
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I checked the scores, but it sucked.

Season is over.
Ratboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:11 AM   #3
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

I love the Broncos. The other 31 teams in the league can get bent.

Dislike every team that's "left standing" for one reason or another so.... no, not really interested in watching the rest of the NFL's "product".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:11 AM   #4
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
Or am I the only one?

I didn't want to hear about the draft, fantasy football, super bowl predictions, etc, so I've been hanging out with friends who don't like sports. I have zero interest in the championship games, much like the Super Bowl, which I'd definitely write off except that the parties are fun. Maybe I'll go and just talk with the sports-hating spouses.

I was not ready for this season to end. I knew it was a possibility, but just couldn't believe my eyes when that field goal went through.
This loss will never be forgotten if you are bronco fan.
All the good things that happened for the last 3 months is past..
This season is failure and i will never forgive what fox and manning did.
They should know better that it's not a good idea to give chance to other team especially with the way our defense is playing.

I feel depressed when i think that Fox will be the coach again next year.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:30 AM   #5
Gator20134

I warned you guys the Ravens were coming in here looking for blood. That game was close and we had two SP TDs. This board was overconfident.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #6
broncofan4life
Solid Starter

I'm still sick I don't care who wins season over!!
broncofan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #7
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
Or am I the only one?

You aren't the only one. Lots of blame to go around. Also, people should please stop with all the conspiracy theories about Manning being injured. Denver blew this game! Ravens made plays when they needed tthem.

It's been years since I let myself get caught up like this. Next season, I'll withold my enthusiasm. For all the great things PM accomplished this year, Looking back, Manning does have a pretty horrible post season record. Until he can change that, I refuse to get tricked again.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:33 AM   #8
ElwayMD
It Stinks!

Meet the New Boss...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

I'm now on the "anyone but the Patriots" bandwagon.
ElwayMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #9
g6matty

i didnt even turn on mike n mike this mornin =[
Old 01-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #10
B-Large

Didn't watch a minute, and I have declined all Super Bowl parties.... nFL is dead to me until FA begins....
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
You aren't the only one. Lots of blame to go around. Also, people should please stop with all the conspiracy theories about Manning being injured. Denver blew this game! Ravens made plays when they needed tthem.

It's been years since I let myself get caught up like this. Next season, I'll withold my enthusiasm. For all the great things PM accomplished this year, Looking back, Manning does have a pretty horrible post season record. Until he can change that, I refuse to get tricked again.
That's where I'm at. I'll watch, but not with any enthusiasm. Regardless of what this team does next year, I won't trust them not to fold when it really matters. I saw a locker room interview on the local TV with Dreesen who said the Broncos suddenly regressed to playing the way they did early in the season and he couldn't say why. What that tells me is that under pressure, they'll fold.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #12
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I tuned into the Atlanta game with 5 minutes left, and watch the pats game until it got to 24-13. Other than that me and Wolfe were watching a breaking bad marathon. Man that's a good show.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwayMD View Post
this is where I'm at too. And no, I'm not watching the game.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Sunday I actually started my "**** I've put off for four month list" I checked the scores etc. heading to Vegas for Super Bowl so ill watch that just no NE or Balt as the winner!
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #15
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Oh, I'm still watching the games. I'm used to Denver ending their season, early. It's been over a decade, since Denver was in the Super Bowl. NFL football, in general, is coming to an end. THAT'S depressing...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #16
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
This loss will never be forgotten if you are bronco fan.
All the good things that happened for the last 3 months is past..
This season is failure and i will never forgive what fox and manning did.
They should know better that it's not a good idea to give chance to other team especially with the way our defense is playing.

I feel depressed when i think that Fox will be the coach again next year.
We're all disappointed and down about it but if you are blaming Manning for 'what he did' you're barking up a very wrong tree my friend!

The 6th quarter INT was his only honesty unforced mistake of the game! Sure it came at a bad time but Manning had already ' Manned up' with 3 great TD passes and had brought us a win in regulation until other members of the team ... Namely Fox and Moore screwed the pooch and set the stage for us losing.

The first INT was a perfectly thrown ball to Decker and the mugging he got before tge ball got there should have given us a first and 10 with an extra 15 yards tacked on! ... His Fumble as well was in the act of throwing and was indeed a Tuck rule call and SHOULD have remained our ball until these replacement refs decided to unilaterally rewrite the Tuck Rule!!

Neither of those was on Manning...yes after more than 5 full quarters in near 0 temps Manning threw a ball he shouldn't have when Stokley suddenly cut off his designed route and cut across the filed horizontally .. It was a fast reaction by Manning seeing a quick opening and trying to make a key play to help get us in FG range and avoid giving the ball back to Ravens. It didn't work out and that late in the game throwing across his body he just didn't get enough on that ball to get it there before the defender did!

But if you blame the game loss on that one throw you should get in the long line of early mistakes by the broncos players and coaches as well as the officiating injustice before even thinking the name Manning in the blame column!! We wouldn't have been within a hundred mikes of that divisional game without Manning and he did everything he had to to win that game in regulation ... And did so before Foxy and Moore snatched defeat from the jaws of sure victory!

Last edited by Hulamau; 01-14-2013 at 08:34 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #17
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwayMD View Post
Me too except I'm on the whoever comes out of the NFC bandwagon.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The defense let us down. That's all there is to it. Especially Champ Bailey and Rahim Moore, not to mention the complete lack of a pass rush, which all season had been touted as the strength of this team. Flacco wasn't touched until the first OT. The offense gave us the lead with less than two minutes to go. That should have been GAME OVER.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #19
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

There is blame to go all around, I just want someone with a fighting spirit and that is trying to win the damn game. Instead we get dink and dunk throws, crappy D, poor oline play and stupid stupid play calling. About the only person out there who looked like they wanted the game more than anyone else was Holliday.

All I could think of watching the NE game was how much they would have embarassed us if somehow we lucked through the BAL game.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #20
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Nope, I'm still watching the games, I love football, I even watch all preseason games as well. Yes, the Bronx losing was a bitter pill but I'm proud of what they accomplished this year and already looking forward to next year.
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #21
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

yep

maybe ill watch the SB
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #22
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

I watched about 10 minutes total of both games, but had it on in the living room while I did other things around the house.

Saw enough to watch Atlanta drive down and kick a game winning FG as time was almost out, weird that a team could do that! (Yes John Fox, I'm talking to you!)
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #23
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

"Depressed" is too strong a word for me, but I barely care what happens from here on out. No emotional stake in it whatsoever. 50/50 chance I watch any of the remaining games, depending on what else I have to do.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
Nope, I'm still watching the games, I love football, I even watch all preseason games as well. Yes, the Bronx losing was a bitter pill but I'm proud of what they accomplished this year and already looking forward to next year.
This is exactly where I'm at. Football, overall, ending is what is depressing to me. You guys all seem to be where I was after the Jacksonville game. I didn't even watch a sports program till the draft. Knew Shanahan had picked up a bunch of new players but didn't know who, was just deflated. It all worked out and I think it will next year too. Pretty much dislike the teams left but have to root for somebody so it'll be SF, which is unbelievable for me. Will root for Baltimore next week, anybody but NE in the end.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #25
Rolandftw

Dunno about depressed but didn't really watch either game. Saw the very end of the Falcons game that was about it. Probably won't watch the AFC title games, but will feel like watching by around the time of the SB.

Similar to how I felt after the loss to Jacksonville in 1996