The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #26
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
There's a reason why everyone brings up his playoff record..His play drastically reduces..He will be one of the factor in the losing cause.
He didn't even play well when indy won SB.
He is 0-4 when the temperate is 40F or less.
He can't play in snow/cold temperatures.

The same can be said about John Fox , Marty, Favre, Tony Romo etc..
These guys screw up during pressure situations.
I'd buy this more if he had a 40 rating and 5 picks

As i said above, 97.2 chance they win the game until flacco throws that fluke. And I know SoCal doesn't like when i bring up the rating (he's entitled), but he had a hundred rating going into that same drive!! He "can't" play in cold temps? Or he didnt go 27-28 for 5000 yards and 40 tds? You're scapegoating.

Plus, wtf is this dumbass 40 degree stat. Why that arbitrary number. And its an epically low sample size that doesnt include his regular season starts in similar conditions.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #27
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I know it fits a neat little narrative to blame him and cite his playoff record, etc etc, but football games have tons of variables. Sorry, i just choose to look at it from a lot of angles other than "well, the broncos lost, Peyton's the QB, must be his fault."
No one is taking that approach, and no one is saying Manning is reason #1 we lost. To say, however, that he's one of the last to blame is equally incorrect.

Manning had 3 turnovers - fact

Manning, for whatever reason, never challenged downfield - fact

Manning had two possesions in OT, and barely moved the ball - fact

You keep bragging about this 100 QBR that he may or may not have had in regulation, but on ESPN boxscore, he finished with a QBR of 88. If that is true, what the hell was his passer rating in OT to cause such a huge drop?

Elway earned his rep as winning games he shouldn't have, leading 3 very medicore teams to well above and beyond where they should have went. If Manning had 1/3 of Elway's balls, he'd have about 5 rings by now, so stop with the Elway comparisons.

The offense only scored 21 points, at home. If anything, the fact that Holliday kept it close has saved Manning from further criticism, since we would have been blown out otherwise.
winstoncup bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #28
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
No one is taking that approach, and no one is saying Manning is reason #1 we lost. To say, however, that he's one of the last to blame is equally incorrect.

Manning had 3 turnovers - fact

Manning, for whatever reason, never challenged downfield - fact

Manning had two possesions in OT, and barely moved the ball - fact

You keep bragging about this 100 QBR that he may or may not have had in regulation, but on ESPN boxscore, he finished with a QBR of 88. If that is true, what the hell was his passer rating in OT to cause such a huge drop?

Elway earned his rep as winning games he shouldn't have, leading 3 very medicore teams to well above and beyond where they should have went. If Manning had 1/3 of Elway's balls, he'd have about 5 rings by now, so stop with the Elway comparisons.

The offense only scored 21 points, at home. If anything, the fact that Holliday kept it close has saved Manning from further criticism, since we would have been blown out otherwise.
Espn's QBR and the NFL's passer rating are two different things.

Whatever, we can argue this till we're blue in the face, but he was our best player this season, the reason we were here, and he didn't play HORRIBLY like many are suggesting by blaming (and lots of people are directing their blame at him and thats not fair when it was a ****ty team effort.).

And the turnovers thing is starting to annoy the **** out of me. The decker pass went through his hands, he was mugged on the play, and it was a deflection.

I never fully blame QB's for their fumbles. Yes, they should be aware, but its the QB's job to look downfield. Why is the offensive line, which was terrible in the second half, getting off free? And yes, the third pick was a horrible horrible throw. And there should never have been an overtime.

I dont know that ungrateful is a word, but its the only word i can think of when i read all this ****.

I will personally continue to point to the defense as the reason we lost the game. 3 long touchdowns (one a completely fluke, epically horrible play) was the reason we lost this game. The Broncos put up 35 points. We should win any game when that happens.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #29
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'd buy this more if he had a 40 rating and 5 picks

As i said above, 97.2 chance they win the game until flacco throws that fluke. And I know SoCal doesn't like when i bring up the rating (he's entitled), but he had a hundred rating going into that same drive!! He "can't" play in cold temps? Or he didnt go 27-28 for 5000 yards and 40 tds? You're scapegoating.

Plus, wtf is this dumbass 40 degree stat. Why that arbitrary number. And its an epically low sample size that doesnt include his regular season starts in similar conditions.
I know..the same can be said about Favre and Romo.
Right now, we don't have any other option except giving him couple more years.

Please don't bring regular season stats..To me, he is the best QB during regular season. Once playoff starts, i don't trust him.
Added to that we have conservative coach like Fox..
Elway has to cut Mccoy and get offensive coordinator like Norv.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #30
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I know..the same can be said about Favre and Romo.
Right now, we don't have any other option except giving him couple more years.

Please don't bring regular season stats..To me, he is the best QB during regular season. Once playoff starts, i don't trust him.
Added to that we have conservative coach like Fox..
Elway has to cut Mccoy and get offensive coordinator like Norv.
HES A GREAT ****ING OPTION TO HAVE.

Whatever. I'm turning off my cmputer for a while. This is all absurd to me. I won't understand it, ill never understand it.

And, by the way, Norv Turner is an Air Coryell guy. He doesnt fit into what we do.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #31
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I know..the same can be said about Favre and Romo.
Right now, we don't have any other option except giving him couple more years.

Please don't bring regular season stats..To me, he is the best QB during regular season. Once playoff starts, i don't trust him.
Added to that we have conservative coach like Fox..
Elway has to cut Mccoy and get offensive coordinator like Norv.
I have to agree with this.

Manning just wasn't the same yetserday like he was in the regular season. The offense only put up 21 at home. The 35 is misleading. He came into town with a rep of having MVP regular seasons, and not so great postseasons.

Fox came into town with a rep of being too conervative to win a championship.

Both of them did nothing yesterday to dispel those notions.

To put it bluntly, until they can win a championship, I won't believe they can. I will doubt them until they prove otherwise. Sorry, that is just the way I feel.

I couldn't care less what the stats are. Stats are for losers. Winning is what counts.
winstoncup bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #32
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
All three turnovers were his fault.

Talk all you want about how close the game was, but the only reason it was as close as it was and not a blow out by the Ravens was because Trindon Holliday put up 14 points because Manning's offense was inept.
I guess you missed the PI on the pick 6. Kinda hard to catch the ball when you're getting hit before the ball gets there. The other one wasn't even a fumble. Basing that off the Tuck Rule. Every other game I have watched has been refed completely different. I'm seeing things we were flagged for that other teams are not. It was an all around bad game but there's no doubt the refs played a role in the out come of our game!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #33
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,098
Default

It just didn't work out for us in the end.

But that being said I'm proud of this team, it's players and staff. I'm sticking with guys like Manning, Fox, Champ, yes even Rahim Moore.

It stings but my love for this team hasn't dimished.

Not one bit.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #34
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan
 
hades's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time
Posts: 2,226
Default

Wasn't there a few posts about how Manning did great in Indy with no defense to aid him, and this year he has a great defense? Well, that great defense was a no show Saturday. He did enough to get us a win IMO, special teams scores or not, we don't know if Trindon had a decent return instead of a TD, Manning coulda drove us down for a score. We'll never know, but it certainly could have happened.

I still blame it on the calls to run, run, run, punt to try and kill the clock. Let him throw a 5 yard dump on second down, maybe it softens them up for a third down run, maybe not. Our run game sucked the second half, I just knew we would not be able to run the clock out of time by running for a first down.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #35
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I guess you missed the PI on the pick 6. Kinda hard to catch the ball when you're getting hit before the ball gets there. The other one wasn't even a fumble. Basing that off the Tuck Rule. Every other game I have watched has been refed completely different. I'm seeing things we were flagged for that other teams are not. It was an all around bad game but there's no doubt the refs played a role in the out come of our game!
It was like the NFL picked the worst crew in the NFL just for us. The scabs called better games.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #36
Broncos dude
Solid Starter
 
Broncos dude's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
There's a reason why everyone brings up his playoff record..His play drastically reduces..He will be one of the factor in the losing cause.
He didn't even play well when indy won SB.
He is 0-4 when the temperate is 40F or less.
He can't play in snow/cold temperatures.

The same can be said about John Fox , Marty, Favre, Tony Romo etc..
These guys screw up during pressure situations.
Would you rather have #15 there? We wouldn't even have this conversation
Broncos dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #37
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,530

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Peyton's measuring stick is whether or not we win titles. Year one is in the books and the ruling is....FAILURE.

Not only did he not win he shepherded one of the more stunning postseason upsets in NFL playoff history. Nice job boys. Enjoy Disneyland. Never mind, Disneyland is for winners. Pickem Manning will be headed to the Boone County fair in Indiana.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #38
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,452

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
BROKEN RECORD ALERT!

But i just feel the need.

I've never seen a fanbase turn on its best player so quickly. Obviously this doesn't go for all of you, but a lot are placing the blame on Manning and I have no clue why.

Yes, he wasn't perfect yesterday. Far from it. But, as ive said a bunch, he had a 100 rating going into that last Raven drive. He lead a beautiful drive to put us up 35-28. And, again, the Broncos win chances were 97.2 percent when Flacco let go of his hail mary or whatever you wanna call it. Again, we lost on a fluke play.

This guy transformed our team into a contender. Had that fluke play not happened, we'd all be talking about Peyton's good, but not perfect game and his gutty performance in some awful conditions (it was beyond cold in that stadium).

But, instead, a lot of you are whining and b****ing, and at least one of you would like to see Brock Osweiler as our QB next year.

Yes, he wasn't PERFECT, but if you're pointing fingers for yesterdays loss, you're gonna need to get to the second hand before you point to Peyton.
Thank you.

****ing bandwagon a-hole fans blowing him all season and then calling him trash now. And thanks to Peyton this team is no longer a laughingstock and for the first time since Elway retired there is true cause for optimism going into next season.

We know where we are weak and what address this offseason. Need a dominant DT, speed at receiver and a MLB.

And those saying Champ needs a position change, pull your heads out of your asses. He is still a top 10 corner in the league. Just next season no more covering guys with 4.3 speed. He will lock down a receiver but needs to not cover speed guys or needs help over the top
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #39
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,804
Default

Manning won the game for us. He did his job at the end of the game, and the f###-brains out there in our secondary couldn't manage to simply stay between the endzone... and a dude.

Good god, at least interfere with him if you can't do your job.


Thanks for the great season, Peyton. Look forward to next year.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #40
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I know it fits a neat little narrative to blame him and cite his playoff record, etc etc, but football games have tons of variables. Sorry, i just choose to look at it from a lot of angles other than "well, the broncos lost, Peyton's the QB, must be his fault."
Obviously the loss is the fault of a lot of people, but let's not pretend that he didn't throw a monumentally stupid pass at the end of the game that killed any chance of us winning. It was the polar opposite of the "clutch" play you expect from a HoF QB, and it's been a pattern with the guy his entire career. The truth often hurts, but that doesn't mean it isn't the truth. Manning is almost certainly not going to lead us to any championships unless you are banking on a tiger changing its stripes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #41
Toshiro Takashi
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Then again, Peyton has already WON a super bowl.
...You sorry ass clowns are ****ing delusional.

The Colts won that Superbowl IN SPITE of Peyton Manning. He threw 7 picks and only 3 TDs that postseason.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #42
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Great thread.

What's funny is these clown bozos are venting on manning cause they are still butthurt about tebow. The loudest ones are pure tebow fans. That loss isn't on manning. He didnt even get the chance to convert the biggest 3rd down of the game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #43
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshiro Takashi View Post
...You sorry ass clowns are ****ing delusional.

The Colts won that Superbowl IN SPITE of Peyton Manning. He threw 7 picks and only 3 TDs that postseason.
So you are saying that 2nd half championship game was NOT the reason they went to the SB??
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #44
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Manning DID his job. He drove the broncos on a GAME WINNING drive. 10 plays 88 ****ing yards. That was supposed to be the game winning drive if it wasn't for a scared HC and a ridiculously stupid safety.

They keep them from scoring at the end and this 88 yard drive turns into one of the most historic drives in bronco history.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #45
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Great thread.

What's funny is these clown bozos are venting on manning cause they are still butthurt about tebow. The loudest ones are pure tebow fans. That loss isn't on manning. He didnt even get the chance to convert the biggest 3rd down of the game.
Dude, take the Tebow **** elsewhere. This has nothing to do with Tebow you ****ing twit. This is about Manning pulling a Cutler in overtime while only producing 21 points all day. You people can keep blowing sunshine up each other's asses all you want, but the bottom line is that this quintessential playoff Manning. Trying to deny it just makes you people look delusional.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #46
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,437

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

In a quiet moment outside the Broncos' locker room Sunday, Peyton Manning revealed a peek inside his ever-whirring mind.

Not surprisingly, much of his thoughts were on what he and his Broncos could have done differently to avoid their 38-35, double overtime playoff loss Saturday to Baltimore.

But also true to the Manning mind, the quarterback was buoyed by how the single-digit temperatures that fell upon Sports Authority Field at Mile High enabled him to get a jump on his preparation for the next time he faces such
conditions.

"That was another good hurdle for me," Manning said in an interview with The Denver Post. "Weather-wise, we had not had anything like that all season. There was some unknown going into that game. You can't simulate it. I tried everything from putting my hand in a freezing tank. But you just can't simulate it.

"Next year, the Super Bowl's in New York. So that was a good hurdle for me to be effective in those type of conditions."

Wait a minute. He put his passing hand in a freeze tank?

Turns out, he can skip the freezer next year. Manning discovered the benefits of wearing a glove on his passing hand this season, which makes him confident the next time the Broncos reach the playoffs and he did make reference to Super Bowl XLVIII at his brother Eli's home Meadowlands Stadium next season he will be ready for the elements.

"I'll tell you, our fans, they were All Pros yesterday," Manning said. "Sticking through that weather. Loud til the end. But no surprise. I always said that about playing here as an opponent that Denver Bronco fans get it. We're disappointed right there with them.

"I assure you, we worked hard and did everything we could. I know everyone would like to do some things different in the game."

Read more: Peyton Manning talks Broncos upset, looks toward New York Super Bowl - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2Hug6r7Ui
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #47
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 971
Default

I think Manning had a good game. The first INT wasn't his fault; it was tipped. The defense allowed 28 points, and some of the playcalling was horrid. A lot of the blame has to fall on the coaches. I thought Manning was having a good game until his last interception. If you want to blame this loss on someone then most of you should be blaming John Fox and the rest of his puppets.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #48
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

let's win one playoff game before talking about SB.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #49
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Dude, take the Tebow **** elsewhere. This has nothing to do with Tebow you ****ing twit. This is about Manning pulling a Cutler in overtime while only producing 21 points all day. You people can keep blowing sunshine up each other's asses all you want, but the bottom line is that this quintessential playoff Manning. Trying to deny it just makes you people look delusional.
Bull****. All these stupid threads bashing manning are started by tebow lovers. Hell how many new threads have tebow in the title?? It has everything to do with it when the OP is questioning our STUPID fanbase. It's the biggest reason.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #50
fdf
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
BROKEN RECORD ALERT!

But i just feel the need.

I've never seen a fanbase turn on its best player so quickly. Obviously this doesn't go for all of you, but a lot are placing the blame on Manning and I have no clue why.

Yes, he wasn't perfect yesterday. Far from it. But, as ive said a bunch, he had a 100 rating going into that last Raven drive. He lead a beautiful drive to put us up 35-28. And, again, the Broncos win chances were 97.2 percent when Flacco let go of his hail mary or whatever you wanna call it. Again, we lost on a fluke play.

This guy transformed our team into a contender. Had that fluke play not happened, we'd all be talking about Peyton's good, but not perfect game and his gutty performance in some awful conditions (it was beyond cold in that stadium).

But, instead, a lot of you are whining and b****ing, and at least one of you would like to see Brock Osweiler as our QB next year.

Yes, he wasn't PERFECT, but if you're pointing fingers for yesterdays loss, you're gonna need to get to the second hand before you point to Peyton.
I agree. He did a good job even though his OL was breaking down in pass protection most of the night. The OL had their tails between their legs most of the game.

Imagine had we been with Tebow. And then thank the Lord we have Manning. Without Manning that was a 38-14 game yesterday.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 AM.


Denver Broncos