The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #2376
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It's funny how the universe works. Karma is a powerful thing, no?

Broncosteven goes on for almost 4 months bumping this thread daily to make fun of a struggling team, efficiently making an art of "beating a dead horse" and laughing at a team in constant disarray.

Kaylore makes this thread and calls it epic and does the same.

Drunkenbroncoholic (I believe this is your name) says he wants to taste the tears of Chiefs fans.

How fitting that the Broncos lose the most agonizing game in not only their history, but also one of the worst in NFL playoff history, Kaylore gets absolute owned by his Joe Flacco and Raven comments and this board is crying sweet Bronco tears that could quench the thirst of every creature in the Sahara desert.

Karma is a powerful thing and you learned that the hard way.

I am content with not being the worst team in the NFL and being a perennial playoff team. I have seen my favorite teams win Championships in my life time. I will not, not post something because I fear I will anger the "Karma" god.

The fact that Denver dropped a hard fought DIVISIONAL playoff game that will be remembered for ages as a well contested game (when the officials weren't impacting it) does not suddenly make kFc not the worst team in the NFL and all the points we made about how bad they sucked wrong.

Not holding a lead for over 8 weeks is EPIC bad and we saw it coming in April. Those of us that posted in this thread about how bad of a failure your team is, were and, continue to be, right.

Personally I didn't expect the Broncos to go 13-3 and have the #1 seed in the playoffs. I expected they would need a season to break in Manning before contending for a SB, having the #1 seed and losing only showed this team that it still needed a few pieces to get to the next level and that they need to work that much harder to get to the AFC Championship game and beyond.

To think my posts went against "Karma" and were the reason we lost is insane.

Your team clearly sucked and we clearly won 13 games this year, it would take kFc 3 years to win that number of games.

We had 3 coverage break downs by our safeties in one game. The officiating was a disgrace to the NFL. We are still light years better than anything kFc will feebly field next year. I will have fond memories of sweeping the division and the 11 game win streak. You get to remember blowout after blowout and your players committing heinous acts.

The one thing that experiencing the 1996 loss to the Jags taught me was that nothing I can do impacts the pay of my team. Losing a close game that should have been won in the playoffs is not worth being upset for weeks on end or losing sleep over. I learned how to not overreact and ruin a couple weeks over something I have no control over. I learned to appreciate the game for what it was, an exciting game we had the chance to win. I learned back in 1997 that it is much better to have been there and lost and on the cusp of winning a SB than having the 1st overall pick in the draft. I can appreciate the 8-8 divisional championship as much as the 13-3 divisional championship. I learned that nothing is given to the 1st overall seed in the playoffs, and that everything is earned. I learned to appreciate every playoff appearance because a lot of teams fans don't get to learn what I learned or experience what I have experienced.

The reason I fed this thread and kicked the dead horse that is the kFc chef's is because idiots (FearLanier the only exception) like you kept thinking kFc wasn't as bad as reality dictated. It was only until this post that you saw that your team was in constant disarray we saw it back in April. Even now you feign reality and consider kFc only a "Struggling" team and not the losers they really are. Sure lots of teams have won only 2 games in a season but you have to go back 70 years to find a team who could not hold a lead in regulation for as long as kFc did.

Yes Denver could not overcome a tough Ravens team (and a poor officiating crew), but they are far from the Historic suckage that your 2012 kFc Chiefs are and always will be remembered for.

Suck on that Studly.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #2377
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

, Karma. You guys must have done some seriously ****ed up **** to be in your situation.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #2378
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,218

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I am content with not being the worst team in the NFL and being a perennial playoff team. I have seen my favorite teams win Championships in my life time. I will not, not post something because I fear I will anger the "Karma" god.

The fact that Denver dropped a hard fought DIVISIONAL playoff game that will be remembered for ages as a well contested game (when the officials weren't impacting it) does not suddenly make kFc not the worst team in the NFL and all the points we made about how bad they sucked wrong.

Not holding a lead for over 8 weeks is EPIC bad and we saw it coming in April. Those of us that posted in this thread about how bad of a failure your team is, were and, continue to be, right.

Personally I didn't expect the Broncos to go 13-3 and have the #1 seed in the playoffs. I expected they would need a season to break in Manning before contending for a SB, having the #1 seed and losing only showed this team that it still needed a few pieces to get to the next level and that they need to work that much harder to get to the AFC Championship game and beyond.

To think my posts went against "Karma" and were the reason we lost is insane.

Your team clearly sucked and we clearly won 13 games this year, it would take kFc 3 years to win that number of games.

We had 3 coverage break downs by our safeties in one game. The officiating was a disgrace to the NFL. We are still light years better than anything kFc will feebly field next year. I will have fond memories of sweeping the division and the 11 game win streak. You get to remember blowout after blowout and your players committing heinous acts.

The one thing that experiencing the 1996 loss to the Jags taught me was that nothing I can do impacts the pay of my team. Losing a close game that should have been won in the playoffs is not worth being upset for weeks on end or losing sleep over. I learned how to not overreact and ruin a couple weeks over something I have no control over. I learned to appreciate the game for what it was, an exciting game we had the chance to win. I learned back in 1997 that it is much better to have been there and lost and on the cusp of winning a SB than having the 1st overall pick in the draft. I can appreciate the 8-8 divisional championship as much as the 13-3 divisional championship. I learned that nothing is given to the 1st overall seed in the playoffs, and that everything is earned. I learned to appreciate every playoff appearance because a lot of teams fans don't get to learn what I learned or experience what I have experienced.

The reason I fed this thread and kicked the dead horse that is the kFc chef's is because idiots (FearLanier the only exception) like you kept thinking kFc wasn't as bad as reality dictated. It was only until this post that you saw that your team was in constant disarray we saw it back in April. Even now you feign reality and consider kFc only a "Struggling" team and not the losers they really are. Sure lots of teams have won only 2 games in a season but you have to go back 70 years to find a team who could not hold a lead in regulation for as long as kFc did.

Yes Denver could not overcome a tough Ravens team (and a poor officiating crew), but they are far from the Historic suckage that your 2012 kFc Chiefs are and always will be remembered for.

Suck on that Studly.
What's funny about this is that years from now, people will look back at this season and they won't remember the Chiefs, well except you and a few others. There will be a far higher chance that people look back at the Broncos acquiring "the best FA of all time" and then him, along with your Elway safety draft pick, choking their way out of a playoff game they should have won.

It's also hilarious that Bronco fans make fun of the Chiefs for their failures in the 90's with Marty. Get used to that, because that's what your Peyton Manning run is going to mirror. It's so funny that everyone on this board says that the Chiefs seasons in the 90's were worthless, but suddenly this year for the Broncos was worthwhile?

Have fun with Marty version 2.0 and the biggest choke artist in playoff history, because you're not winning a SB with them and as soon as that's over, you're right back down to to mediocrity with Twilight running the QB show.

Say what you want, but I'll take a coach who is 11th in all-time playoff wins, has proven success turning a franchise around and has a motto of "keep firing" over a conservative scared Marty Schottenheimer clone that has a motto of "we play NOT to lose". Enjoy!

Last edited by KCStud; 01-13-2013 at 08:55 PM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #2379
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

It's funny that KCStud waits until a Broncos loss to talk trash.

Fans of 2-14 teams don't get to talk trash without sounding like idiots.

I predict has a similar meltdown to last year within a couple weeks of the 2013 season. Dunno how he can know that Denver has no shot at winning a title. They have a considerable higher shot then anyone in the division does, that's for sure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #2380
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
Can we give KCDud a perma-ban? Just for being such a round-the-clock epic douche?
There'd be a lot of perma-bans if that was the only requirement for one, I imagine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #2381
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,107

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
What's funny about this is that years from now, people will look back at this season and they won't remember the Chiefs, well except you and a few others. There will be a far higher chance that people look back at the Broncos acquiring "the best FA of all time" and then him, along with your Elway safety draft pick, choking their way out of a playoff game they should have won.

It's also hilarious that Bronco fans make fun of the Chiefs for their failures in the 90's with Marty. Get used to that, because that's what your Peyton Manning run is going to mirror. It's so funny that everyone on this board says that the Chiefs seasons in the 90's were worthless, but suddenly this year for the Broncos was worthwhile?

Have fun with Marty version 2.0 and the biggest choke artist in playoff history, because you're not winning a SB with them and as soon as that's over, you're right back down to to mediocrity with Twilight running the QB show.

Say what you want, but I'll take a coach who is 11th in all-time playoff wins, has proven success turning a franchise around and has a motto of "keep firing" over a conservative scared Marty Schottenheimer clone that has a motto of "we play NOT to lose". Enjoy!
Lets talk about next year. Broncos will be pre-season SB favorites, a young, seasoned team looking to not repeat past mistakes. KC will be hoping to win 4 games with a new QB and a re-tread coach.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #2382
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
What's funny about this is that years from now, people will look back at this season and they won't remember the Chiefs, well except you and a few others. There will be a far higher chance that people look back at the Broncos acquiring "the best FA of all time" and then him, along with your Elway safety draft pick, choking their way out of a playoff game they should have won.

It's also hilarious that Bronco fans make fun of the Chiefs for their failures in the 90's with Marty. Get used to that, because that's what your Peyton Manning run is going to mirror. It's so funny that everyone on this board says that the Chiefs seasons in the 90's were worthless, but suddenly this year for the Broncos was worthwhile?

Have fun with Marty version 2.0 and the biggest choke artist in playoff history, because you're not winning a SB with them and as soon as that's over, you're right back down to to mediocrity with Twilight running the QB show.

Say what you want, but I'll take a coach who is 11th in all-time playoff wins, has proven success turning a franchise around and has a motto of "keep firing" over a conservative scared Marty Schottenheimer clone that has a motto of "we play NOT to lose". Enjoy!
You thought you were going to win with a HC that has a career .312 win % when this thread was made, suddenly Fox is Marty 2.0 and Manning sucks.

You know you face an uphill rebuild that will be years in the making unless they get that special bag of roids smuggled out of his sons room over to kFc.

Good luck drafting a DT or WR with your 1st pick in the draft.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #2383
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,218

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You thought you were going to win with a HC that has a career .312 win % when this thread was made, suddenly Fox is Marty 2.0 and Manning sucks.

You know you face an uphill rebuild that will be years in the making unless they get that special bag of roids smuggled out of his sons room over to kFc.

Good luck drafting a DT or WR with your 1st pick in the draft.
Fox has always been a conservative coach. That was the rep he got when he took the job. I remember Panthers fans complaining about that all the time.

Chiefs will most likely be drafting a QB, which I have full faith in Reid selecting.

And that rebuild isn't as big of a rebuild as what Denver will be facing when the forehead retires in a couple of years. Champ is descending every year, Rahim Moore sucks, and the rest of your secondary is suspect at best.

Manning has hidden plenty of problems up before and this is no different. You played struggling teams almost every game from November on while you struggled against quality teams like New England and Houston.

Manning should have sacked up about playing Eli and went to the 49ers. They were clearly the best option and he would be in the SB next month if he went there. Probably have a chance to win 2 SB's.

Good luck watching Marty 2.0 and Favre 2.0 lose in the playoffs next year!

Last edited by KCStud; 01-14-2013 at 12:17 AM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #2384
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Chiefs will most likely be drafting a QB, which I have full faith in Reid selecting.
The way it stands now, I wouldn't be very confident for the Chiefs in the near future.

Terrible draft for QBs coupled with Andy Reid's downward spiral the last couple of years. Maybe a new environment may help him out but I think he's just doesn't have it anymore. His QB projects with Vick, Kolb and Foles were gigantic failures. His lack of commitment to the run game and his horrible game management will be fun to watch in KC.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #2385
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Fox has always been a conservative coach. That was the rep he got when he took the job. I remember Panthers fans complaining about that all the time.

Chiefs will most likely be drafting a QB, which I have full faith in Reid selecting.

And that rebuild isn't as big of a rebuild as what Denver will be facing when the forehead retires in a couple of years. Champ is descending every year, Rahim Moore sucks, and the rest of your secondary is suspect at best.

Manning has hidden plenty of problems up before and this is no different. You played struggling teams almost every game from November on while you struggled against quality teams like New England and Houston.

Manning should have sacked up about playing Eli and went to the 49ers. They were clearly the best option and he would be in the SB next month if he went there. Probably have a chance to win 2 SB's.

Good luck watching Marty 2.0 and Favre 2.0 lose in the playoffs next year!
Finally you point out Valid football points! The same points Kahn, I, and others have made in this thread all year.

Thing is we still have Manning under contract for a couple more years, we still have a better shot at winning the SB next year because of him.

Sure Champ is aging but we have 2 young CB's in Harris and Carter who are servicable, Harris is as good or better than Flowers. We have the luxury of drafting a RB, MLB, and Safety and filling out our depth whereas kFc is in desperation mode and has to hit on every move in order to compete next year. We kept pointing out how bad your team was all year and you glossed it over even as they went on an Historic 8 game streak without holding a lead in Regulation.

I could see your point about Manning and his Farve like INT being talked about for years if this was his last game ever but he signed on for 4 years, he will be back.

Back in 1996 when we lost to the Jags we had been to the SB but never won one, we went on to win Back to Back SB's the following years. We are a younger team than the 97-98 teams and have better cap room than back then. We can still afford to resign our Vets and lure away a quality FA if they want.

It is hard to swap out a QB and win the same year, even Kapernick has been on the 49ers for a couple years now and he learned the system. This is why when you guys keep saying your a QB away from winning it all I scoff because it takes time to get the QB and staffs on the same page, not to mention the talent needed to complement your QB.

I hope you don't jump off the deep end when kFc has to use it's 1st round pick on OL 1st.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #2386
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Chiefs SUCK!

Just in the event anyone forgot.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #2387
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
What's funny about this is that years from now, people will look back at this season and they won't remember the Chiefs, well except you and a few others. There will be a far higher chance that people look back at the Broncos acquiring "the best FA of all time" and then him, along with your Elway safety draft pick, choking their way out of a playoff game they should have won.

It's also hilarious that Bronco fans make fun of the Chiefs for their failures in the 90's with Marty. Get used to that, because that's what your Peyton Manning run is going to mirror. It's so funny that everyone on this board says that the Chiefs seasons in the 90's were worthless, but suddenly this year for the Broncos was worthwhile?

Have fun with Marty version 2.0 and the biggest choke artist in playoff history, because you're not winning a SB with them and as soon as that's over, you're right back down to to mediocrity with Twilight running the QB show.

Say what you want, but I'll take a coach who is 11th in all-time playoff wins, has proven success turning a franchise around and has a motto of "keep firing" over a conservative scared Marty Schottenheimer clone that has a motto of "we play NOT to lose". Enjoy!
In case you didn't notice, the Ravens took 2 OTs to barely beat the Broncos while they pretty much handled the Pats at Foxboro. No my friend, the Broncos are doing just fine. Sure, it was a tuff loss but everything went wrong for the Broncos including some horrific officiating. However, I have no doubt that the Broncos will be in the SB hunt again next season.

I'm not sure what is worse, your crappy kc chefs or your absolutely confounding posts. I'm thinking that yes indeed, even though your chefs managed a historically bad season, your opinions are even worse. You are a bottom feeder. You are the lowest form of fan. Not only are you quite possibly the dumbest poster to have ever graced the Omane, you actually think you have a point. You actually think you are correct. I mean, you are seriously retarded.

full retard.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 AM   #2388
Durango
Ring of Famer
 
Durango's Avatar
 
Woodsman

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Durango
Posts: 1,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
In case you didn't notice, the Ravens took 2 OTs to barely beat the Broncos while they pretty much handled the Pats at Foxboro. No my friend, the Broncos are doing just fine. Sure, it was a tuff loss but everything went wrong for the Broncos including some horrific officiating. However, I have no doubt that the Broncos will be in the SB hunt again next season.

I'm not sure what is worse, your crappy kc chefs or your absolutely confounding posts. I'm thinking that yes indeed, even though your chefs managed a historically bad season, your opinions are even worse. You are a bottom feeder. You are the lowest form of fan. Not only are you quite possibly the dumbest poster to have ever graced the Omane, you actually think you have a point. You actually think you are correct. I mean, you are seriously retarded.

full retard.
15-16 years old, or perhaps, 45 with the intelligence of a 15-16 year old.

Ideally suited to the Chiefs franchise.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #2389
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Hey ya'll, here is a short film about Brady Quinn saving the Chiefs.

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #2390
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Hey ya'll, here is a short film about Brady Quinn saving the Chiefs.

Wow, that was a complete waste of time.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #2391
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Hey ya'll, here is a short film about Brady Quinn saving the Chiefs.

Typical that there are more people outside of Anal-head than in it. It must have been during the 3rd quarter of a 3-35 blowout
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #2392
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

WHAT THE ****

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #2393
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,266

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Hey ya'll, here is a short film about Brady Quinn saving the Chiefs.

The problem with these is the hero. In the Robocop one it was Carl Peterson...up what did he do exactly?

And Brady Quinn? How did he "save" the chiefs, exactly?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #2394
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

By going 2-14 and being man enough to replace the benched Cassel. Acts of heroism son. Especially that pick six against the Colts.

Also Carl basically authored the fan base that rose up to evict Pioli from the premises. True story.

But mostly it's just funny.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #2395
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

kFc suckage destined to continue. I would love to see kFc make a trade for Foles! Just shows they want no part of drafting a QB high.

As of now, the Eagles will be going into training camp with Michael Vick and Nick Foles competing for the starting job. But that may change.


Looking for more scoops on your favorite New England sports teams? Check out NESN.
The Chiefs contacted the Eagles about Folesí availability, according to USA Today. The Eagles told the Chiefs they want to keep Foles for now. No trades can occur until the new league year starts on March 12.

New Chiefs head coach Andy Reid coached Foles in Philadelphia last season. The signal caller was the Eaglesí No. 88 overall pick in 2012. He completed 60.6 percent of his passes for 1,699 yards, six touchdowns and five interceptions.

While Foles possesses some mobility in the pocket, he

More here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c...k-foles-022313
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #2396
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

More proof that kFc is terrified to take a QB 1st overall.

Plus it looks like they may be content to let their LT walk and take Joeckel 1st overall which would be pretty funny for Boob and Lonestar.

I would be more worried if kFc managed to land the next Steve Bono than Nick Foles.

Around The League passed along a report Saturday that the Kansas City Chiefs "appear" to be the team most interested in a trade for San Francisco 49ers backup quarterback Alex Smith.


NFL.com's Ian Rapoport confirms the Chiefs have shown more interest than any other team in dealing for a quarterback who can step in as an immediate starter while rebuilding the rest of the roster. Per Rapoport, the 49ers spent the week "trying to lay ground" for a Smith trade and will do the same next week.

The Chiefs' plan doesn't stop at Smith, however. They might draft a developmental quarterback on the second or third day, counting on Smith's reputation as a leader and willing mentor.

Offseason Forecast: Chiefs
Around The League examines what's next for every NFL team in 2013. Kareem Copeland breaks down the Chiefs. More ...
Signs have been pointing toward head coach Andy Reid targeting an offensive tackle rather than a quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick. Rapoport reports Kansas City is high on Texas A&M tackle Luke Joeckel, which could mean impending free agent Branden Albert will be allowed to hit the open market.

While Nick Foles and Matt Flynn also are good fits for Reid's West Coast offense, Smith may

More here:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...y-chiefs-radar
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #2397
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

YOU GONNA GET RAPED

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #2398
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

YOU GONNA GET RAPED

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #2399
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Chiefs hired a decent coach but once Ried lost his defensive guru he wasn't able to win. Also as we talked about earlier in this thread there just isn't any rookie qbs ready to start in the NFL in this draft.

Chiefs would be better off going after Alex Smith somehow.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #2400
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
YOU GONNA GET RAPED

Who the hell doesn't look good in gym shorts with no pass rush or coverage?
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Denver Broncos