The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #126
mizzou5
Just Drafted

chillin' at the beach

What a drama queen.
mizzou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #127
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

you cannot chose what stays and what fades away...........epic bronco choke........that just happened.
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #128
TonyR
Franchise Poster

This defense wasn't in the habit of allowing 300 yard passers or 100 yard rushers. Gave up both yesterday.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #129
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I think the talent was there but the mindset was not. The team, when it needed to, seemed capable of scoring at will. However, if they weren't in need of points, they would play like trash. That made a lot of games much closer scorewise than they appeared. In the earlier games it was a slow start then they'd get firing and score too late. In the later games, it was good point production early then coasting for a bit.

So I think the skill is there for the team to have won the SB but they'd have to overcome the mental stuff. In ATL the team was incapable of figuring out the D and got embarrassed. In NE the hurry up destroyed them and they couldn't respond. Yesterday Holiday was the only one that brought his A game in the biggest game of the season.
Sure did look that way.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #130
swaiy

While Champ wasnt what he used to be, you guys are acting like Torrey Smith is a scrub.

Dont be sore losers.

Lets be real, if Champ decided to retire and we went into next season without him, this defense would take a major hit.

I guess completely ****ting on players is part of being a fanatic but sheesh. The loss sucks but you guys are out of control.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #131
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I don't believe all that crap about being overrated or not as good as we thought we were. I believe when each of you get a strong enough stomach back...to watch the game again....you will agree that we lost this game simply because we were not prepared to play. And, even then, we lost by a fg in OT.

How do you allow 3 bombs to beat you. The #1 rule of any defense is not to let them get behind you. So, why didn't we fix that after the first one. Heck, they even missed one where the guy ran a post and Flacco orthrew him. That's not being outplayed...that's being underprepared and outcoached.

How is it that your biggest playmaker gets 3 balls all day....1 for a TD. By the way he was single covered, and although they had deep safeties the middle of the field was wide open. Terrible coaching.

No, we were the better team. But, the better team lost. We beat ourselves....and that's what's so tough for me to come to grips with. Then, to see how smug that ****ing Fox was in his press conference. I wanted to reach into the TV and slap his assinine old ass!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #132
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
While Champ wasnt what he used to be, you guys are acting like Torrey Smith is a scrub.

Dont be sore losers.

Lets be real, if Champ decided to retire and we went into next season without him, this defense would take a major hit.

I guess completely ****ting on players is part of being a fanatic but sheesh. The loss sucks but you guys are out of control.
Torrey Smith So, do you have him in your top 20 WR's I don't. He's one dimensional....speed down the field. That's a coaching issue. If Flacco is getting the time to bomb it, you drop your safeties back and give your CB's help....you shut that down....because it's their only weapon and obviously, bringing the safeties into the box isn't working. Any coach worth a turd would have fixed that on the spot. Torrey Smith...is what we thought he was, a one dimensional player who catches bombs if you let him. Asking Bailey or any other CB to cover him one on one....when your Dline is getting zero rush is assinine. This loss is first and foremost on our coaching staff who could not make the necessary adjustments to seal the deal.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #133
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I don't plan on being around here much after this loss because the board has already went insane. I didn't even freak out when we lost. I took it in stride because I actually expected it to happen. I couldn't find my Champ Bailey jersey to wear all day -- and I think that happened for a reason. Would have been ashamed to have wore that jersey after today. Here are some thoughts:

Chris Kuper clearly wasn't ready to play. Rag-dolled all game and had at least two offensive holding penalties putting is in holes. He sucked it up big-time. He did not have a good game. PERIOD.

I've never seen Champ play such a horrendous game. His performance out there was pathetic. I'm not going to advocate the move to safety, but he blew it in easily one of the biggest games of his career. He should be ashamed of himself.

Rahim Moore **** the bed big time. Absolutely unforgivable.

Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller were non-existent. Sad.

Play-calling was absolutely terrible. How many deep looks did Manning have? We didn't take any shots down field all game. The Ravens forced us into short yardage plays and we couldn't even convert on third and shorts. Lame.

Manning was average.

The Broncos played crappy, undisciplined football on both sides of the ball and allowed several big plays. If it wasn't for our special teams scores, the game isn't even close. At least we have the draft to look forward to. Maybe we will pick a winner.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #134
kcfanxiii
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
Ya see, the reason it hurts so bad is because the fall was so far. That's something a dirtbag Chief's fan like you just can't understand.
the chiefs don't understand going 13-3 and getting bounced in the first round you really don't pay attention.
kcfanxiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #135
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Torrey Smith So, do you have him in your top 20 WR's I don't. He's one dimensional....speed down the field. That's a coaching issue. If Flacco is getting the time to bomb it, you drop your safeties back and give your CB's help....you shut that down....because it's their only weapon and obviously, bringing the safeties into the box isn't working. Any coach worth a turd would have fixed that on the spot. Torrey Smith...is what we thought he was, a one dimensional player who catches bombs if you let him. Asking Bailey or any other CB to cover him one on one....when your Dline is getting zero rush is assinine. This loss is first and foremost on our coaching staff who could not make the necessary adjustments to seal the deal.
My top 20? Seriously? Its not about stats. Have you watched any Ravens games prior to the Broncos playing them? Did you watch him last year? The dude isnt a superstar but he isnt some 3rd string loser like some of yall are making him out to be just to **** on the team.

I agree that this team was unprepared and the adjustments were poor. Im just not in the business of ****ting on another player because the game didnt end with the results I wanted.

One dimensional or not, there was no answer for him, player-wise or from a coaching standpoint.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion as am I. I'm just not about to sit here and argue over just that; opinions.

I see things differently but I can understand and somewhat agree with your assessment.

It is what it is.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #136
swaiy

Also, Mike Adams was being used to put a clamp on the passes to the TE because the LBs werent getting it done. It was a catch 22.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #137
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Pretty sure Champ was supposed to have safety coverage there. You usually don't run 60 yards downfield solo.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #138
Randall Flagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfanxiii View Post
the chiefs don't understand going 13-3 and getting bounced in the first round you really don't pay attention.

I've seen the same thing happen with nearly every team in the NFL.

My take is the same that it has been since I became a fan of football waaayyyy back in the dark ages. The bye-week (for most teams) is usually the kiss of death. Guys are in the habit of preparing each week. They're in the habit of healing from the previous week and getting read for the next Sunday. To take a week off throws off that rhythm. It seems to me like 90% of the teams coming off bye-weeks usually take it on the chin.

Unfortunately, however, the Broncos are falling into that very same trap that KC fell into with Joe Montana. Joe was an aging superstar that finished out his career in KC and, for the most part, simply sold tickets. He and Marcus Allen solidified the fan base, made a boat load of money for Hunt and that's about it.

Remember. Peyton is 36. Not 26. Exactly how many more years do we think he has??
Old 01-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #139
Broncos dude
Solid Starter

Man that loss stilll hurts . If Moore is still on the roster next year I will be shocked
Broncos dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #140
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
I've seen the same thing happen with nearly every team in the NFL.

My take is the same that it has been since I became a fan of football waaayyyy back in the dark ages. The bye-week (for most teams) is usually the kiss of death. Guys are in the habit of preparing each week. They're in the habit of healing from the previous week and getting read for the next Sunday. To take a week off throws off that rhythm. It seems to me like 90% of the teams coming off bye-weeks usually take it on the chin.

Unfortunately, however, the Broncos are falling into that very same trap that KC fell into with Joe Montana. Joe was an aging superstar that finished out his career in KC and, for the most part, simply sold tickets. He and Marcus Allen solidified the fan base, made a boat load of money for Hunt and that's about it.

Remember. Peyton is 36. Not 26. Exactly how many more years do we think he has??
two-three more
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #141
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I don't plan on being around here much after this loss because the board has already went insane. I didn't even freak out when we lost. I took it in stride because I actually expected it to happen. I couldn't find my Champ Bailey jersey to wear all day -- and I think that happened for a reason. Would have been ashamed to have wore that jersey after today. Here are some thoughts:

Chris Kuper clearly wasn't ready to play. Rag-dolled all game and had at least two offensive holding penalties putting is in holes. He sucked it up big-time. He did not have a good game. PERIOD.

I've never seen Champ play such a horrendous game. His performance out there was pathetic. I'm not going to advocate the move to safety, but he blew it in easily one of the biggest games of his career. He should be ashamed of himself.

Rahim Moore **** the bed big time. Absolutely unforgivable.

Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller were non-existent. Sad.

Play-calling was absolutely terrible. How many deep looks did Manning have? We didn't take any shots down field all game. The Ravens forced us into short yardage plays and we couldn't even convert on third and shorts. Lame.

Manning was average.

The Broncos played crappy, undisciplined football on both sides of the ball and allowed several big plays. If it wasn't for our special teams scores, the game isn't even close. At least we have the draft to look forward to. Maybe we will pick a winner.
I think this sums it up pretty well, hopefully you will still talk on the draft forum, we have prospects to discuss.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #142
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos dude View Post
Man that loss stilll hurts . If Moore is still on the roster next year I will be shocked
Moore had a pretty good season, just had a bad play. Is it all on him ? I dont think so.. Where was the pass rush ? Didn't hear Von Miller, Dumerville, or Wolfs name once.. Well if you don't count jumping offsides.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #143
Sarg

Chump Bailey is the reason the Bronco's lost yesterday!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #144
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I think this sums it up pretty well, hopefully you will still talk on the draft forum, we have prospects to discuss.
That is going to be the only forum worth posting in. Problem is now that it's off season mode it spills over to the main page and very few people go there.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #145
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
That is going to be the only forum worth posting in. Problem is now that it's off season mode it spills over to the main page and very few people go there.
Well majority of the posters probably don't get into the draft like we do. But we have plenty to talk about!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #146
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg View Post
Chump Bailey is the reason the Bronco's lost yesterday!!!
So which banned account do you usually use to post from?
Old 01-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #147
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It is an empty feeling.....but if you,let a team hang around and have stupid blunders over and over this has a tendency to happen. Perhaps like the late 90s team this team needs a "final lesson" before achieving greatness. They threw away a lot today. They were the best team in the league just,like the 96 team was, but you have to bring it when it counts.

It will take awhile to recover from this.
Totally agree SoCal,

As heartbreaking as this was, this is a mostly young team and Elway knows just what they are going through and what to say to them to get them re-focused on next year and feed off this painful loss. Same thing happened to him and that 13-3 team in 1996 when he was 36 ... like Manning is.

They added a few more key cogs in the wheel of greatness back then and let that bitter loss to a good team motivate them to achieve true greatness the next two years!

That 19967 team was also clearly superior to the Jags on most Sundays and those Broncos would easily beat those Jags 9 times out of 10 even on the other team's turf .. as we would the Ravens when playing more like the 2012 Broncos.

Listening to the players today as the packed up their lockers to leave and guys like Von, they will turn this devastated feeling into anger and then determination to not let this happen again.

Manning and the whole offense will work especially hard in the offseason and be notably more tight and in-sync next year... its a freakin shame we couldnt complete the deal this year too , but with a lot of young guys and some of them making mistakes and no doubt thinking past the Ravens, just a little at least, they learned a hard but valuable lesson yesterday!

If this propels us to back to back SB wins like the last time this happened with such a promising and up and coming team (unlike 2005 which was a one and done type team) then we will all look back on this game as a necessary even though bitter pill to have to swallow to get that hard edge needed to storm the castle gate for real...

Go Broncos!

Last edited by Hulamau; 01-13-2013 at 03:41 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #148
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Well majority of the posters probably don't get into the draft like we do. But we have plenty to talk about!
If things don't improve here I won't be posting much either. Between McD/Cuter and Tebow I don't think I want to stick around for another off season like that.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #149
Broncos dude
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
Moore had a pretty good season, just had a bad play. Is it all on him ? I dont think so.. Where was the pass rush ? Didn't hear Von Miller, Dumerville, or Wolfs name once.. Well if you don't count jumping offsides.
Good season. I guess you nd I were watching 2 totally different teams this year bud. TEs killed us this year just like last year. I dont put all the blame on him , but damn he didn't help !
Broncos dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #150
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If things don't improve here I won't be posting much either. Between McD/Cuter and Tebow I don't think I want to stick around for another off season like that.
Lies. That's the kind of discord that'll get you posting big again.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote