The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default In Defense of Peyton: Screw it, I'm starting a thread

BROKEN RECORD ALERT!

But i just feel the need.

I've never seen a fanbase turn on its best player so quickly. Obviously this doesn't go for all of you, but a lot are placing the blame on Manning and I have no clue why.

Yes, he wasn't perfect yesterday. Far from it. But, as ive said a bunch, he had a 100 rating going into that last Raven drive. He lead a beautiful drive to put us up 35-28. And, again, the Broncos win chances were 97.2 percent when Flacco let go of his hail mary or whatever you wanna call it. Again, we lost on a fluke play.

This guy transformed our team into a contender. Had that fluke play not happened, we'd all be talking about Peyton's good, but not perfect game and his gutty performance in some awful conditions (it was beyond cold in that stadium).

But, instead, a lot of you are whining and b****ing, and at least one of you would like to see Brock Osweiler as our QB next year.

Yes, he wasn't PERFECT, but if you're pointing fingers for yesterdays loss, you're gonna need to get to the second hand before you point to Peyton.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I agree.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
ThirtyDegrees

All three turnovers were his fault.

Talk all you want about how close the game was, but the only reason it was as close as it was and not a blow out by the Ravens was because Trindon Holliday put up 14 points because Manning's offense was inept.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post

Talk all you want about how close the game was, but the only reason it was as close as it was and not a blow out by the Ravens was because Trindon Holliday put up 14 points because Manning's offense was inept.
Not the point.

AGAIN. 100 rating, 3 tds before that Flacco heave.

Also, if we're talkng about the turnovers...one was on a tipped pass when deck got mugged, and one should have never occured (though it was a **** throw), because the game should have been over.

he was not perfect, but would you really want someone else guiding the broncos next season? If the answer is yes, you're ****ing crazy.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Other than Trindon Holliday, it was a team-wide choke job, including the coaching staff. It seemed to me that after that bogus PI call on Carter in the first half, the steam just went out of the team. From that moment on, they were waiting for disaster, instead of fighting for glory. Manning was part of that failure as well, but not all of it, by any means. If I had to say who was number one in the blame column, I would have to say the D, and especially the secondary starring Champ Bailey. What a pathetic performance.

On the other hand, you've got to underscore how important the loss of Moreno was. That was a critical loss to the offense.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
RedEyedJeti

What a joke of a fanbase.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

He was great this year.

His play yesterday wasn't too hot.

It was a factor in the loss.

We wasted a huge chance for a 3rd ring.

People will be pissed for months and he along with others will receive some blame and anger.

Deal with it. It's not going away. Let it go. This is actually fairly mild.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Not the point.

AGAIN. 100 rating, 3 tds before that Flacco heave.

Also, if we're talkng about the turnovers...one was on a tipped pass when deck got mugged, and one should have never occured (though it was a **** throw), because the game should have been over.

he was not perfect, but would you really want someone else guiding the broncos next season? If the answer is yes, you're ****ing crazy.
It is the point.

I'm sick and tired of watching the Peyton defenders exert themselves trying desperately to move the goalposts as far as possible.

He was supposed to make this team a Super Bowl contender, that was the entire argument from the moment you idiots threw Tebow under the bus.

Manning was supposed to turn this team immediately into a Super Bowl threat, and he hasn't.

The reality is that he's incapable of winning a Super Bowl in his current state, he's not as good as Brady, or Rodgers, or even Russell Wilson at this point.

I doubt the Broncos can get a better QB than Manning at this point, but they need to start looking as soon as possible.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
jmz313
Ring of Famer

35 points.... No one would of thought the broncos would lose if they scored 35 points. Team effort to screw up that much. Manning played good enough to win but made a few mistakes to aid in a loss.

Any given Sunday.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
It is the point.

I'm sick and tired of watching the Peyton defenders exert themselves trying desperately to move the goalposts as far as possible.

He was supposed to make this team a Super Bowl contender, that was the entire argument from the moment you idiots threw Tebow under the bus.

Manning was supposed to turn this team immediately into a Super Bowl threat, and he hasn't.

The reality is that he's incapable of winning a Super Bowl in his current state, he's not as good as Brady, or Rodgers, or even Russell Wilson at this point.

I doubt the Broncos can get a better QB than Manning at this point, but they need to start looking as soon as possible.
The Broncos should be so lucky to have 50 years with a Peyton-esque QB. He's a great player, and I look forward to watching him lead us next season.

Im still in disbelief that anyone would think otherwise. And, as ive said a gazillion times, had the broncos played a lick of D on that last drive, this conversation isn't happening and we're all happy with him.

I understand SoCal's point. People are pissed. I get why they are pissed. Doesn't mean they are being rational.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Oh and as someone brought up yesterday, Elway had the same monkey on his back at the same age...under the same circumstances. Then again, Peyton has already WON a super bowl.
All this is very non sensical to me.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #12
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyedJeti View Post
This has all you have been posting. I hope a mod steps up and bans you for trolling.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #13
Bmore Manning

Quote:

Do you belong to a Jets forum?
Old 01-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I'll tell you one thing, I will not trust this team next year, and I will not be involved emotionally as much as I was this year. Can I trust them to go 16 and O and then not fold in the first playoff game? No.

Unless they get lucky and pick up another Terrell Davis in the 6th round.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

I don't think it's the fan base going after Peyton.

Just some internet posters who can't deal. I think, as a whole, the Broncos fan base knows we have a good thing here. Some of us just deal w/disappointment better than others.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
I don't think it's the fan base going after Peyton.

Just some internet posters who can't deal. I think, as a whole, the Broncos fan base knows we have a good thing here. Some of us just deal w/disappointment better than others.
I think you're probably right. Just getting sick of reading all the responses. I'm just still not over the game, if i was, i wouldnt care so much
Old 01-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #17
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Team wide choke job. Everyone is to blame except Holliday and the special teams play in general.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #18
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyedJeti View Post
Bro, I have found some of the posters on the mane are very knowledgeable and some are very welcoming. You have your sour apples anywhere. I think as we are all disappointed and upset with the loss, that some of the forum has turned on Manning, but after a loss would you expect anything less? Especially after he had a couple of turnovers, bull**** or not.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #19
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:

False. First one was PI and the refs didn't call it
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #20
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Manning is never a good playoff QB..If not for our great shanny and it's defense, his records would have been pathetic.
His play drops drastically once playoff starts. compared to his brother who is clutch in playoffs.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Stuck around an hour and a half after a devastating loss just to congratulate Ray Lewis.

Pure class.
Attached Images

Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I know it fits a neat little narrative to blame him and cite his playoff record, etc etc, but football games have tons of variables. Sorry, i just choose to look at it from a lot of angles other than "well, the broncos lost, Peyton's the QB, must be his fault."
Old 01-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #23
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
False. First one was PI and the refs didn't call it
And the fumble should have been the tuck rule.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #24
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'll tell you one thing, I will not trust this team next year, and I will not be involved emotionally as much as I was this year. Can I trust them to go 16 and O and then not fold in the first playoff game? No.

Unless they get lucky and pick up another Terrell Davis in the 6th round.
Yep. Kind of hope that next year we get the 3rd or 4th seed. Then I won't get my hopes up so much. We go 13-3 again then we're ****ed.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #25
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I know it fits a neat little narrative to blame him and cite his playoff record, etc etc, but football games have tons of variables. Sorry, i just choose to look at it from a lot of angles other than "well, the broncos lost, Peyton's the QB, must be his fault."
There's a reason why everyone brings up his playoff record..His play drastically reduces..He will be one of the factor in the losing cause.
He didn't even play well when indy won SB.
He is 0-4 when the temperate is 40F or less.
He can't play in snow/cold temperatures.

The same can be said about John Fox , Marty, Favre, Tony Romo etc..
These guys screw up during pressure situations.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote