The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #26
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm not pinning this one in Peyton. Sorry. He wasn't amazing but he wasn't bad. I know it's a neat little narrative, but not buying it. Our d sucked
Agreed. As much as I've enjoyed watching Manning perform this year, give me a dominant D anyday over a dominant QB. Let's just get the pieces because next year is our year.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #27
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Amazing hind site. We should get a different MVP qb.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #28
Popps
It's so easy

Wow, this place turns on a QB faster than anything I've ever seen.

Defense gives up 38 points (31 technically) and we hate Manning. Got it.

How about unleashing our 90 mil QB when the game is on the line? That's my thought.

Manning had three mistakes...

-Pick six - was clearly PI
-Tuck rule - tuck rule?
-OT in overtime - should have never happened because the game could have ended 10 different ways if we don't step on our ***** defensively and via coaching.

Manning didn't play his best game, but you people are out of your mind bashing the guy.
If you were around for Elway's whole career, you know how ludicrous this blame the QB game is.

But, that's just the Mane being the Mane.

I can't wait for Manning to have a chance to go all the way next year, and hopefully with a more competent supporting cast.

We were 13-3. If Phillip Rivers was our QB this year, we would have been 7-9 at best.

Show some ****ing gratitude for Elway bringing in one of the best QBs in history.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #29
Popps
It's so easy

I mean, is anyone claiming that Manning "choked" the game away willing to discuss the potentially winning TD drive he put together in crunch time that should have easily sealed the game?

Anyone?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #30
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

There's plenty of blame to go around.

I had sort of a sense of dread going into the game insofar as I was thinking our easy schedule going into the post season wasn't the best thing in the world for us.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #31
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Manning had the ball in his hands twice in OT.

First drive:

1-10-DEN 16 (10:22) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass incomplete short right to 21-R.Hillman [99-P.Kruger].

2-10-DEN 16 (10:19) 21-R.Hillman left end to DEN 21 for 5 yards (24-C.Graham).

3-5-DEN 21 (9:41) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short right to 14-B.Stokley to DEN 30 for 9 yards (24-C.Graham). The Replay Assistant challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was Upheld

1-10-DEN 30 (9:01) 21-R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 38 for 8 yards (59-D.Ellerbe).

2-2-DEN 38 (8:19) 21-R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 39 for 1 yard (55-T.Suggs).

3-1-DEN 39 (7:48) 40-J.Hester right guard to DEN 39 for no gain (55-T.Suggs).

4-1-DEN 39 (6:58) 4-B.Colquitt punts 55 yards to BAL 6, Center-46-A.Brewer. 20-E.Reed to BAL 6 for no gain (32-T.Carter).

Second drive:

1-10-DEN 7 (3:47) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short left to 21-R.Hillman to DEN 12 for 5 yards (52-R.Lewis; 29-C.Williams).

2-5-DEN 12 (3:18) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short left to 87-E.Decker pushed ob at DEN 23 for 11 yards (29-C.Williams).

1-10-DEN 23 (3:09) 21-R.Hillman left tackle to DEN 32 for 9 yards (52-R.Lewis).

2-1-DEN 32 (2:38) 21-R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 32 for no gain (59-D.Ellerbe).

3-1-DEN 32 (2:09) 40-J.Hester up the middle to DEN 34 for 2 yards (55-T.Suggs).

1-10-DEN 34 (1:33) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short middle to 21-R.Hillman to DEN 38 for 4 yards (24-C.Graham).

2-6-DEN 38 (1:01) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short right intended for 14-B.Stokley INTERCEPTED by 24-C.Graham at DEN 45. 24-C.Graham to DEN 45 for no gain (14-B.Stokley).

So Manning was 4-5 for 29 yards in OT. Whoa, check out that 80% completion percentage!

Hillman had 23 yards himself before Manning threw that horrible pick.

9-11 in post season. 2-5 in his last seven. He had this monkey on his back when he got here, and yes, if he was on the Niners or Colts and did the same, people would be all over him as a choker.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #32
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

I made this thread last night when everyone was putting blame around everyone but Manning. Good point on what should've been the game winning drive that put us up 35-28. That didn't work out, so do it again in OT. Is that really too much to ask from our Pro-bowl $20 million QB? Is it really? The song has remained the same with him dating back to college. There's 21 years worth of hard evidence that says he's not to be relied on in crunch time.
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #33
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Much like Elway at the end of his career, Manning is not going to do it all by his own. He needs a strong running game that will keep defense honest and ensure that Play action is there for him and the big plays.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #34
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Much like Elway at the end of his career, Manning is not going to do it all by his own. He needs a strong running game that will keep defense honest and ensure that Play action is there for him and the big plays.
and a defense that doesnt **** its pants
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #35
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

there's plenty of blame to go around and yes, the ratbirds played a fantastic game too. Flacco had nothing to lose and played like it, he throw up some lobs and the WRs made plays. Give credit to baltimore for making the plays when they had to. As for Manning, as others have said, he did not play his best game but he didn't lose the game all by himself either. The Broncos were just outplayed on both offense and defense. The Broncos defensive line did not pressure Flacco at all. It's like VonDoom dissappeared. The play where Miller was called offsides was a bad call, yes, Miller was moving but the ball was snapped and Miller was not offsides, so it was just another bad call by the refs.

I'm extremely dissappointed too, but I love the fact that Manning is the Broncos QB because I know the Broncos will be in the playoff hunt again next year. Elway played some horrendous games in the playoffs, especially in the first 3 SBs. But I always loved him as the Broncos QB because I was confident the Broncos would always have a shot at a SB championship with him. Same with Manning.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #36
DENVERDUI55

Funny how people turn on Denver's best player. Manning did his part early too bad the rest of the team couldn't especially Champ.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #37
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Funny how people turn on Denver's best player. Manning did his part early too bad the rest of the team couldn't especially Champ.
Like pick 6,early?

Everyone contributed to the loss from Manning to Champ to Fox and everyone else (Trindon and maybe Woody and Tamme too excluded)
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #38
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Like pick 6,early?

Everyone contributed to the loss from Manning to Champ to Fox and everyone else (Trindon and maybe Woody and Tamme too excluded)
Everyone definitely contributed. I cant stop thinking about this game and all the times we ****ed up and all the blame to go around.

Having said that, Manning is pretty low on the list.

Two stats (please correct me if im wrong):

1) Prior to OT, Manning had a rating of 100 and brought the Broncos on a sweet drive to go up 35-28.

2) The broncos win percentage was 97.2 percent when Flacco let go of that hail mary heave.

We lost on a fluke play. If that fluke doesnt happen, we're all praising peyton for stepping up with ****ty ass conditions.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #39
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Like pick 6,early?

He made up for it after it. The D blew this game. A team should never lose with 2 return TD and a team should never lose when scoring 35 pts. Your right though complete team loss especially coaching/play calling. Only ST showed up other than the overpaid kicker.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #40
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
He made up for it after it. The D blew this game. A team should never lose with 2 return TD and a team should never lose when scoring 35 pts. Your right though complete team loss especially coaching/play calling. Only ST showed up other than the overpaid kicker.
Yeah, i have to agree. If you told me the Broncos would put up 35 (regardless of how that occurred). i figured we'd blow em out.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #41
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

meh, it was just not a good game for the entire team. Yes, the defense stunk on 3rd downs and yes, the offense turned the ball over and yes, the ratbirds capitalized in the end. Chock it up to the ratbirds making the plays, hanging around and finishing the game when they got their chance. Flacco made some bad throws too, but he was basically unpressured and he connected on 3rd downs.

Also, ray rice. That dude is one helluva RB. That guy cuts on a dime and he's slippery and hard to bring down. He's a weapon, that's for sure.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #42
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
We lost. No one made up for their mistakes.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote