The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #51
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I don't think anybody will go cut themselves. Jesus.

It sucks, life moves on. It's been a long time since 98'. I was 18. Getting close to double that age now.
Yesterday's loss aged you a few more years?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #52
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Now..i understand why SD fired marty..Of course, hiring Norv is a mistake.
But, with Marty they were not going to win SB..
I will not feel sad if Elway decides to fire fox..the tough part will be who will be the new coach..
go_broncos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #53
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

The blame lies with the coaching staff. Fox FG attempt is mind boggling, JDR dropping Von into coverage too many times, McCoy not exposing Ray Lewis, calling dive plays on consecutive downs.

Rahim might be the worst safety in football, why was he going for a pick? Why did our play calling resemble the same **** Tebow was running late in the game and overtime? Why did we stop using the PA pass in overtime on early downs? Why did Fox not attempt a game winning FG before the end of regulation?

We gave them the game, I guess we didn't deserve to win.... I'm puzzeled

Last edited by Lolad; 01-13-2013 at 07:09 AM..
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #54
IowaBroncosFan
Iowa's #1 Bronco's Fan

Iowa's #1 Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We also lost both Defensive and Offensive lines..... Disappointed in Fox/McCoy play calling
IowaBroncosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #55
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
(In order of blame)

1.) Coaching. Plain and simple, coaching. How many bull **** conservative run the ball on 2nd and 1, run the ball on 3rd and 1 calls did we get, even before the 3rd and 7 call. And we did this with a scat back (Hillman) and a scrub back Hester. I understand not being able to get the ball deep down the field, but at times we were killing them on shallow crossing routes, and we just completely abandoned that. Didn't force Ray Lewis to cover a RB in space much. JDR doesn't escape blame either. Flacco has a terrible habit of pulling deep out of the pocket when exposed to pressure up the middle? A gap pressure? Nope, he could make a ****ing sandwich most of the time. The field goal attempt was a strangely un Fox like call and yet it still sucked.
Those 2nd and one calls were killing me. I was calling McCoy an idiot after those and my youngest son informed me that wasn't polite.

Dink and dunk drives stall because it only takes one mistake to end them. 2nd and short is your ”free” chance to finish a drive or at least take bigger chunks. Just like you usually double down on 11 you take some shots on 2nd and short. You can't treat PFM like Kyle Orton and expect to win playoff games. Plus it did nothing to help his rhythm.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 01-13-2013 at 07:03 AM..
Old 01-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #56
TonyR
Franchise Poster

At least the officiating **** ups aren't completely lost on the media.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4687--nfl.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #57
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Conservative playcalling on both sides of the ball killed them. Flacco's jersey was lily white well into overtime, and every pass play was within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Mix in a few bad calls and some unbelievable and you have a disaster on your hands.

The Broncos deserved that loss based on the playcalling alone.

Last edited by colonelbeef; 01-13-2013 at 08:01 AM..
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #58
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
We needed a qb who steps it up under pressure, not throws it away. Manning is amazing, but clutch? No. He threw a game ender in the SB too. 9-11 in the playoffs... That int killed me.
It was better when you were gone for a year. I was excited last year like so many with Tebow winning (despite the fact it was ugly). We most likely got as far as we could with Tebow. Manning isn't a $90 million waste. That contract is for more than one season numbnuts. If you are going to start posting again after leaving us for a year, get facts correct. Tebow would not have got us a 1st round bye....period. No guarantee he would have 1) got us to the playoffs (but a good chance with our division) and 2) would have won the first playoff game. Let it rest troll. If this is a duplicate of 1996, you will have wished you never posted this **** before. BTW, how was the Gang Green website this season for you?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #59
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

We played our 'D' game and deserved to lose. I am amazed at the fact that the Broncos could have still won if it wasn't for that pathetic hail mary there at the end.

It is what it is. Just please, anyone but NE or Seattle.

Go Atlanta/SF/Houston. Please come thru

I will take a ravens W in a blowout if it's NE/BAL, please.

The ravens just hung in there and battled, this was all on the broncos and I'm sure the guys will regret this one for a while. Let's see how they come out next season; but make no mistake this one will burn them for the whole offseason. You should not be playing if it doesn't
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #60
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
It was better when you were gone for a year. I was excited last year like so many with Tebow winning (despite the fact it was ugly). We most likely got as far as we could with Tebow. Manning isn't a $90 million waste. That contract is for more than one season numbnuts. If you are going to start posting again after leaving us for a year, get facts correct. Tebow would not have got us a 1st round bye....period. No guarantee he would have 1) got us to the playoffs (but a good chance with our division) and 2) would have won the first playoff game. Let it rest troll. If this is a duplicate of 1996, you will have wished you never posted this **** before. BTW, how was the Gang Green website this season for you?
I like manning, I rooted hard for us this year. I'm questioning his clutchness, and when you factor in the money I am not wrong to be questioning. Check all my posts..l I think we are going to be in the sb conversation for the next few years.

I love manning.

But 90 million for an overtime int is not a great return. I hope he takes us all the way.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #61
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

There were a number of idiot moves, but trying a 53 yard FG late in the first half in that weather was the idiot move that started it all.

Punt, take a 7 point lead into the locker room, and get the ball to start the second half. We win if we punt there.
Dedhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #62
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
I love manning.

But 90 million for an overtime int is not a great return. I hope he takes us all the way.

Dude, it is $90 million over his Broncos contract. If you think he is going to take us to at least a Super Bowl, where is the hatred of the contract? His contract is around $24 million not $90 million if you are going to stop at this one season.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 01-13-2013 at 09:51 AM..
Old 01-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #63
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I'm still wondering what the D philosophy was. Champ playing the slot, and Tony Carter at LCB? WTF is that? No blitzes to get after Flacco? Why the **** do you pull Champ from LCB so much and put Tony Carter at LCB? Champ is the LCB, done it well over the years, and Del Rio puts him in the slot for this game?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #64
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
^^^
Dude, it is $90 million over his Broncos contract. If you think he is going to take us to at least a Super Bowl, where is the hatred of the contract? His contract is around $24 million not $90 million if you are going to stop at this one season.
I prefer to focus on the big picture. Always have. That is why I always am right. Details can blind you. Stats can make any argument.

That's a lot of coin to go from winning a playoff game to losing one don't you think?

Big picture.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #65
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

John Fox coached the worst game I have ever seen him coach.

What a time to have your worst coached game in your career. He choked big time.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #66
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
There were a number of idiot moves, but trying a 53 yard FG late in the first half in that weather was the idiot move that started it all.

Punt, take a 7 point lead into the locker room, and get the ball to start the second half. We win if we punt there.
Yup. People are focusing on running instead of passing towards the end of regulation but this was a much bigger blunder. And not the conservative move, contrary to many other things they're being criticized for.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #67
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
I prefer to focus on the big picture. Always have. That is why I always am right. Details can blind you. Stats can make any argument.

That's a lot of coin to go from winning a playoff game to losing one don't you think?

Big picture.
You are such an idiot. Your post smells of a massive ego that has flaws in it. What is the big picture, this season only or the three years we will probably have Manning? If it is 3 seasons, this is the first step and while it stopped way too early (at least an AFC berth), the end of last season would never have us at 13-3 and with the first seed. No way in how even you and your statement with Tebow balls hanging from your mouth could have seen this! So stop being a lying b**** and calling this a $90 million mistake if everyone (99%) agrees he should be the QB for at least next season. Manning has brought credibility to this franchise again and it will continue when he fulfills his contract and gives us playoff victories. We didn't take a step back for this franchise, we took a step forward to greatness. That just isn't for Manning but the whole team. We will be better and stronger next season. You can either watch us make this move or pop in the Steelers playoff victory and replay it for the next few seasons. Your choice.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #68
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

We **** the bed like the cocktease panty waist franchise we are. Same **** as usual.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #69
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

How about this for vent: Yesterday's choke job was very Washington Capitals like!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #70
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
You are such an idiot. Your post smells of a massive ego that has flaws in it. What is the big picture, this season only or the three years we will probably have Manning? If it is 3 seasons, this is the first step and while it stopped way too early (at least an AFC berth), the end of last season would never have us at 13-3 and with the first seed. No way in how even you and your statement with Tebow balls hanging from your mouth could have seen this! So stop being a lying b**** and calling this a $90 million mistake if everyone (99%) agrees he should be the QB for at least next season. Manning has brought credibility to this franchise again and it will continue when he fulfills his contract and gives us playoff victories. We didn't take a step back for this franchise, we took a step forward to greatness. That just isn't for Manning but the whole team. We will be better and stronger next season. You can either watch us make this move or pop in the Steelers playoff victory and replay it for the next few seasons. Your choice.

It's plan A...I'm on board. I don't hold on to the past.

I merely use it as an example to show how right I always am.

Like 90 million to not win a playoff game when we did last year has me right.

If manning wins the whole thing, then I will be wrong and admit it.

I always do. I mean I have.

Actually it hasn't happened yet.

Except when I wasn't psychic enough to know Moreno would get hurt.

I'm still human, just not psychic.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #71
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

And never wrong of course.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #72
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
And never wrong of course.
and your misguided math and your banning for a year proved that.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #73
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
and your misguided math and your banning for a year proved that.
I wasn't banned. I lost a bet. As I said, not psychic. Thinking Moreno would be effective was not wrong. I was right about him. I did not know he would get injured and at the time had no injury history.

I stand by him, but his injuries are a concern now.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #74
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
1. Officiating called one of the worst games i've ever seen. It's not the sole reason for the loss but it was bad and we got screwed hard. 3rd and 1, 1st down, hold, bring it back. Non PI calls... there were too many to count. The Boldin catch? Good god. It felt like an NBA game.
2. Pressure got the best of this team especially in the coaching department. We played out our version of the 98' Vikings. Things we did in the regular season, we didn't do here. Pick any 3rd and 1 bland run call. Could have been an audible, whatever. Why have Peyton Manning if you are going to hand off to your 49th best player in Jacob Hester? Go WIN the game! The defense in particular just nutted up. The group as a whole made Flacco look like Kurt Warner. What were they doing? A lot of this falls on JDR. The troops didn't look prepared. Baltimore ran a lot of bunch plays and our guys looked lost in coverage.
3. Doom and Von disappeared. The difference between the PM Colts and the PM Broncos is that Freeney/Mooris actually stepped up in the playoffs. Doom/Von disappeared. (I thought Von had a solid game, just not great.)
4. Champ had one of his worst games as a Bronco. Awful game. Might be time to play some safety.
5. Rahim Moore. Nuff said. Blew the game. Not the only reason we lost but come on, you might as well walk off the field and make it 10 vs. 11 with how he lost focus and just drifted around. Ever heard of "Don't let the WR get behind you?" or "High Point the ball?". These things are taught in grade school pop warner leagues.
6. Manning TO's. Not sure what was going on with that but that's been the knock on Peyton and it reared it's ugly head again. The frustrated thing was the 1st INT was Decker's fault, HOWEVER, IT WAS A PI which wasn't called! The fumble came after a 3rd and 1 conversion called back by phantom holding call against Kuper. See #1.
7. Why not throw to Demaryius Thomas? 3 for 37 and he somewhat disappeared down the stretch of the season. We needed to call his number. And we didn't. And we lost. I think they go hand and hand. DT alters the coverage. Decker is a #2 WR. He takes advantage of what DT does to the lid on the coverage. Very poor game planning by Fox/McCoy/Peyton, whom ever was deciding on these plays.

Feel free to add others.
Solid List BPC, Alas, big check marks for each one!

Especially Foxy's ingrained habit of shifting once again to playing NOT TO LOSE rather than PLAYING TO WIN once we get any sort of lead in the last half of the 4th quarter!

Was really unforgivable and is Fox's Achillie's Heal as a coach that must be correct somehow, someway before he will ever win a SB.

He lacks the insight and gut feel for when to chuck his ultra conservative notions and let the Offense WIN THE DAMN GAME at the critical moment!!

I and others have complained about this frequently this season after a number of our big wins that should have been by a much more lopsided score, but his penchant for taking his foot off the gas on O and going prevent D too early usually led to scores that made the game look a lot closer than it ever was.

My problem with all this as discussed in threads after the New Orleans game, the Cincy game, Bucs game and the first Baltimore game was that even though us winning those games only reinforced his conviction in it being the right strategy, I've been afraid that habit and mind-set would really cost us in the playoffs against better teams.

Yesterday was 'Exhibit A' proving the concern!! You gotta know when to take the game over and not back-in hoping not to lose and counting that your defense will make one more stop once we have to give the ball back to an opponent with time enough to score and and only needing that one score to tie or win the game!

This isnt rocket science and the fact that Fox hasn't learned this lesson yet, indicates a stubborn 'I know best' mentality a mile wide.

I Like Fox as a HC, but somehow they have to take late game decision making and play calling out of his hands. Let him handle all the player interactions and overall concept side of things, but don't let him have a controlling say so with his finger too close to the actual pulse of any games going forward.

Fox gets that one thing right and Rahim Moore is no goat and Manning is the savior Hero he should have been at the end of regulation with no legitimate unforced turn overs on the day!

And we win the game in spite of all the bad calls throughout the game and poor secondary coverage in the first half. In spite of Manning's two regulation 'turnovers' which were both FUBARS by the refs ... the Decker mugging pick 6 TD that should never have counted and the head ref single single-handedly deciding to scrap the Tuck rule on the Manning incomplete pass/fumble that should not have been a turnover and that led dircectly to another 7 points.

That's 14 points given by the refs .. not to mention a hand ful of other terrible calls.

But if Fox steps up and seizes the Golden opportunity, none of that would have mattered and we win the game as we should have across the board!

All Foxy had too do was have the courage to tell Peyton to go for it and get two first downs at all cost with a little over 3 minutes to go instead of resorting to three 'Dive play' runs up the middle with Hillman and Hester our only options left at RB where Fox's prime objective was to run as much time off the clock as he could and then punt the ball away with hopefully not enough time for the Ravens to tie the game .. if we somehow got a first down from those dive plays then Hurrah and all the better but that was not the primary objective!

That was my biggest beef.

Plenty of other blame to go around, but Manning had a very good game overall under very difficult circumstances for a precision passing QB in the arctic cold, but Manning didn't cost us this game .. it was lost much earlier when Foxy took the foot off the gas and we could never get it going again in over time

Last edited by Hulamau; 01-13-2013 at 10:51 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #75
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I feel bad for the oldest fans. This was a legit chance at a SB and it turned into a colossal choke job. We have years left to watch them but It's gotta be tough for the older fans. A dam shame how this game unfolded.
Thanks for the comic relief.

Hell, I'm sure some of the older old fans died off last night...their hearts broke! Poor old Denver fans...
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote