The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
Vine

Default Hang up the cleats Manning

You are about as much of a p***Y as Fox is when it comes to making aggressive play calls to win games.

Obviously, I am referring to the 3rd and 7, but I am also referring to other situations, such as the 3rd and 5 early in the 3rd quarter, and some 2nd downs (like the 2nd down before the 3rd and 7), or any 2nd and short situation, lets call a running play so we can get a 1st down, instead of taking a shot at more yardage.

Not just yesterday, but all the times when Denver has forfeited possessions by calling running plays on 3rd and 5 - 3rd and 12 type situations. I can recall numerous times during the season in which Manning has forfeited a possession in this manner.

Your playcalling stinks. Is it because of your age?

Time to go in a new direction, at qb. Brock Osweiler. Not that I have 100% confidence in Brock, but I am ready to see what he brings to the table.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

As i said earlier... Hero in Regular Season and Zero in Playoff games.
Manning will play at least one more season.
I just hope we win SB next year..
With Brock..we won't be reaching playoffs.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
BroncosfanGuy

can you just go ahead and save it all for 1 thread, OP? thanks in advance
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Lol.

Wow.

Lol
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
can you just go ahead and save it all for 1 thread, OP? thanks in advance
An this is your maiden post?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

You guys are unbelievable. Manning didn't play great but he wasn't bad either. We had almost no running game, the secondary (Champ) sucked. There was no pass rush, the refs gave the Ravens 10-14 points and after all that all we had to do was knock down a hail mary when we knew it was coming and we would have won.

Stop overreacting. This sucks, I couldn't sleep all week and I def didn't sleep last night. These opportunities come about once every 15-20 years and we blew it. We could go 16-0 next year and we probably will have a tougher road then we had this year. But to automatically blame Manning is ridiculous. If the refs do their job (PI on the pick 6) he played 5 quarters without an interception and we scored 35 points. I think he is about reason #6 to blame for the loss.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
BroncosfanGuy

i remember this shtick from another board, sportvine. it was a serious request.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Were this many people calling for elway to retire after 1996?

Who here wants a chance to be a champion next year? Who here wants to be 6-10?

I cannot believe so many are calling for Peyton's head. You'd think he threw five picks and the broncos lost by 40. Again, before that last joe flacco heave, he had 3 Tds with a hundred rating in horrid temps. I don't care how the broncos scored 35 pts, but they did. We gave up 38 (really 31 I guess). This was a defensive issue.

But sure, let's place all the blame on a HOF qb who still has great football left in him. I hope people are just speaking through emotion here and think better of all this soon
Old 01-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
You guys are unbelievable. Manning didn't play great but he wasn't bad either. We had almost no running game, the secondary (Champ) sucked. There was no pass rush, the refs gave the Ravens 10-14 points and after all that all we had to do was knock down a hail mary when we knew it was coming and we would have won.

Stop overreacting. This sucks, I couldn't sleep all week and I def didn't sleep last night. These opportunities come about once every 15-20 years and we blew it. We could go 16-0 next year and we probably will have a tougher road then we had this year. But to automatically blame Manning is ridiculous. If the refs do their job (PI on the pick 6) he played 5 quarters without an interception and we scored 35 points. I think he is about reason #6 to blame for the loss.
Fair enough reply. But someone has to take the fall. If Manning was the one really behind the playcalling (he did claim that he was the one that audibled into the run play on 3rd and 7), then he needs to hang it up.

However, if Fox 'n McCoy were the ones behind the playcalling in those crucial situations, and Manning really wanted to be more aggressive, then Fox and McCoy both need to be out. Someone's gotta take the fall.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #10
B-Large

I'd draft a QB this year.... There will be some good QB that will be available this year late first, and in the 2nd round.... I'm not sure Brock is the guy who picks up where Manning leaves off in a year or two...

I think Manning will be back if at all physically possible for 2-3 more seasons, but we need to have a plan B, sorry Elway.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
lolcopter

Your threads suck you should stop making them

Idiot

Last edited by lolcopter; 01-13-2013 at 10:02 AM..
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
BroncosfanGuy

Manning was the reason Denver went 13-3. But you want to cut him because he audibled to a run? for a guy i doubt you have even seen take a meaningful snap.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 01-13-2013 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: .
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

First pick, was p.i. ....

He will actually have another incredible season next year, and I look forward to watching it. Get a back, a couple of fat bas-ards on DL, a linebacker, and some db depth. Our division blows..we got this for a couple of years..

You'd think the Mayans were right for chrissakes...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #14
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I'd draft a QB this year.... There will be some good QB that will be available this year late first, and in the 2nd round.... I'm not sure Brock is the guy who picks up where Manning leaves off in a year or two...

I think Manning will be back if at all physically possible for 2-3 more seasons, but we need to have a plan B, sorry Elway.
They already drafted a QB in brock . They didn't use a second rd pick on a QB just to move on to someoneelse 1 yr later.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #15
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Good grief with this stupidity. Manning didn't have a good game overall but come on. Two of his three TD passes were things of beauty. He got it done and the defense blew it at the end of regulation.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

These threads...

No one played well yesterday, but blame Manning. Makes perfect sense. I'd suggest a brief cooling off period for some posters. Get over it and let it go.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #17
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post

Our supposedly vicious D gave up 35 points, to Joe Flacco, and Ray Rice was pedestrian.....

35 ****ing points....

When you give up 35 points in the NFL, you lose games, no matter if you Manning, Brady, Brees, etc.... The guy I'd be asking question this AM would be Jack Del Rio.... What the **** did he do the lat few weeks, did he give the D backs two weeks off and why was there so little pressure on Flacco?.

I'm actually glad we did have to play Brady, Christ, we'd of given up 60....
Old 01-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #18
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

While I don't think this game was indicative of the next one, each game is it's own and our secondary is capable, but yeah...I don't even remember blitzing much this game. Where was it? Flacco is a good downfield thrower and we have him all day to do it
Old 01-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #19
lolcopter

Our D sucked but they only gave up 28 not 35

Pick 6
Old 01-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #20
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

I really thought the interior of the DL played way over their heads the first 3/4 of the season.

They looked gassed and unfortunately extremely pedestrian yesterday. I know, here we go again, but it is, and has been, long overdue for this team to have a difference make on the interior of the DL...you need to collapse the pocket, or at least have someone who can command double teams...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #21
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Your threads suck you should stop making them

Idiot
Your rebuttals suck even worse.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #22
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Your rebuttals suck even worse.
Cool thread bro

Nebraska sucks
Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #23
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Good grief with this stupidity. Manning didn't have a good game overall but come on. Two of his three TD passes were things of beauty. He got it done and the defense blew it at the end of regulation.
Yeah, while the last pick was on him for being careless, and was the final nail in the coffin, it wasn't the only or biggest mistake out there. Manning got it done with a beautiful clutch drive to get us up 7 in the 4th quarter, and we were in position to win with the defense. While this is heartbreaking, there are others that should, IMO, get a lot more blame than Manning. If not for him we wouldn't be anywhere close to where we are.

Problem for me is the fact that Colts fans are use to this kind of disappointment. I don't want to be like a Colts fan.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

It's funny. I'm at dia right now and am talking to several broncos fans, and mentioned this thread and they all laughed. Maybe make just attracts the drama queens
Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #25
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Go away kid.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote