The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #26
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBronco View Post
For those complaining about the play calling, Manning should be your target, not Fox.

In the post-game interview, Manning said he made the call on the third-and-7.
I didn't hear him say that. I heard him say he made a call on something else. He said he "understood" the decision on the 3rd and 7.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 AM   #27
RedEyedJeti

Yes, Manning did say that but he said it to take the heat off Fox because unlike what you might of heard, Manning has class and he don't throw his team under the bus.
I bet you think it was Mannings idea to take the game into OT too...
Old 01-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #28
fwf

Quote:
For those complaining about the play calling, Manning should be your target, not Fox.

I know for a fact the decision to knell down at the end of regulation was Fox's
Old 01-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #29
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
There is zero chance we ever win a Super Bowl with this joker. They aren't going to fire him though. We are going to have to suffer through many years of bitter disappointment before this hyper-conservative dip**** is gone.
And Fox has been criticized publicly for this in the past and refuses to change.

Its not like he has multiple SB rings or even conference championship. The players might respect him, but i dont.
He coaches scared and afraid hoping for the miracle. Ill never forget what this pansy boy did to us yesterday. Not once, but multiple times.

I want him gone.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #30
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
How the **** did this become a Tebow argument? For ****'s sake...
A hater started it, like always.... Then when he is defended the haters pretend it was some Tebow fan....

Happens in every thread basically.

You would think with the written record it would stop, but the haters are delusional.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #31
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

This.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #32
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

You guys are all a bunch of idiots, running the ball was fine as it gave baltimore less than a minute with the whole field to go. How about the fact that it was the worst secondary performance i've ever seen out of any playoff team in my life? Anyone want to put the blame on them?

Its not hard to play Man-2 defense, it doesn't matter how talented opposing wide receivers are if your safeties know how to take angles.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #33
HighCountryBronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
coach fox wasnt the problem today. it was bailey and manning. our two best players played like crap. before moore f-up on that play, bailey let two long bombs go for TDs and manning gave the ravens three free balls.
Yep. That is exactly what lost the game for Denver. We will have another legit shot at a super bowl next year.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #34
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCountryBronco View Post
Yep. That is exactly what lost the game for Denver. We will have another legit shot at a super bowl next year.
No we won't. Not with John Fox.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #35
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
With the exception of Holliday, it was pretty much a total team meltdown.
That's about it.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #36
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
You guys are all a bunch of idiots, running the ball was fine as it gave baltimore less than a minute with the whole field to go. How about the fact that it was the worst secondary performance i've ever seen out of any playoff team in my life? Anyone want to put the blame on them?

Its not hard to play Man-2 defense, it doesn't matter how talented opposing wide receivers are if your safeties know how to take angles.
But that's the point. The secondary was getting torched all day with long bombs, plus one that was luckily out of bounds. I had zero confidence the D would do their job. Not only that, why at any time would you concede the ball when a first down seals the victory. Destiny was in our hands. Instead, we passed destiny over to someone else who knew what to do with it.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #37
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
This.
+1
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #38
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Half of those stupid runs we made on third down were checked into by Peyton. No one had a good game.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #39
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
And Fox has been criticized publicly for this in the past and refuses to change.

Its not like he has multiple SB rings or even conference championship. The players might respect him, but i dont.
He coaches scared and afraid hoping for the miracle. Ill never forget what this pansy boy did to us yesterday. Not once, but multiple times.

I want him gone.

Good thing you matter, eh?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #40
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Easy to say now that Rahim Moore blew it and we lost. I still think it was the right decision. If you throw there and it is incomplete Baltimore has the ball with 2 minutes left and that is a completely different situation than having it with 1 minute. I'll take the other team having the ball on their own 20 with a minute left and no timeouts having to score a TD just to tie any day....especially with Von and Doom pass rushing. You just don't count on your starting safety making a mistake like that.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #41
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Easy to say now that Rahim Moore blew it and we lost. I still think it was the right decision. If you throw there and it is incomplete Baltimore has the ball with 2 minutes left and that is a completely different situation than having it with 1 minute. I'll take the other team having the ball on their own 20 with a minute left and no timeouts having to score a TD just to tie any day....especially with Von and Doom pass rushing. You just don't count on your starting safety making a mistake like that.
Well, we did just that and lost.

Of course you don't count on your safety making a mistake, which is why you handle your own business instead of putting yourself in that situation to begin with.

Looking back, it would probably be better if they had the extra time (assuming of course our 20 million dollar QB doesn't get the first down) because then they would probably have been more traditional in their 2 minute drill to just move the ball rather than playing beat the clock.

What we did, was say, 'we're not going to beat you, we're going to stop you from beating us.' Terrible way to play the game.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote