The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #51
Agamemnon

People going on about the defense or Manning just don't get it. Yeah a lot of players had bad games but that happens to every team sooner or later no matter how good they are. With Fox though he's always going to make these kinds of ****ty decisions in tight games. This isn't just an isolated bad game. This is who he is. And as long as he is the coach of this team we are going to continue to lose when it matters most. Get your heads out of the sand people...
Old 01-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #52
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

what's the tl/dr?
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:08 AM   #53
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

God you people are so dumb

fire John Fox?

ahahahha you know how many franchises wish they had fox on their sideline?

this loss is solely on the defense not showing up today, you can blame coaching all you want but its going to get you absolutely no where, once the players hit the field its in the players hands more so than the coaches.

John Fox is a good coach, a tad conservative here and there sure but lets be real, a lot of coaches in the NFL good coaches at that would of made the same call.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #54
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Did the Broncos even consider firing Shanahan in 96

Stupidest ****ing thread ever and you're an embarrasment.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #55
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

To the numbskulls who want Fox fired: you must get Elway fired first because it is his decision, and he will NOT fire Fox for this. He actually recognizes that it is Fox that got this franchise turned around from being the laughingstock of the league two years ago.
R8R H8R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:42 AM   #56
troya900
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post

Remember when Shanny had the balls to call a play for Elway to pass to Sharpe for a firstdown to ice the game in that tough game at Pittsburgh on the way to superbowl glory? Yeah I do and you know what that took BALLS. Coach **** Fox has NO BALLS and would've called for a ****ing run on that play back in 97 and Pitt probably would've went on to beat Denver then. Say what you want, but Coach Fox's ultra conservative bull**** NEVER wins superbowls it just doesn't.
troya900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #57
Patriot 37

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick is doing his very best to erase all memories of his team's whitewashing of the Houston Texans less than one month ago. He has stressed how good the Texans are and how aggressive his Patriots need to be.

"You don't win a war by digging a foxhole and sitting in it. ... You need to attack," Belichick said at his Wednesday news conference.

I always wondered why they called it a "FOXhole" now I know.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #58
Vine

Some of you Fox lovers are so ridiculous. The Broncos had 14 possessions. They pissed two of those possessions away even though they had timeouts. One of those possessions was near the end of regulation when they only needed about 40 yards for FG position with 2 timeouts. You have a $100 million qb. Manning CANNOT be happy having the ball taken out of his hands during those situations. Absolutely indefensible.

If I were Manning, I would retire, because I couldn't play for a coach who doesn't believe in me.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #59
Vine

Sensible Woody Paige.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...os-their-knees
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #60
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:

See, this is why I feel this loss is worse than '96.

That '96 team had no business losing that game. They had HOF players all over the field, and that loss was truly out of the blue.

Fast forward to this year. Concerns about Fox being too conservative, Manning being able to win in the playoffs, being able to win in the cold....all legit questions and concerns that answered themselves. Add on top of that now, is what to do with Champ.

The '96 team didn't have those concerns. That loss should never have happened, and it was proven the next two years that the loss was a fluke.

Last night's loss exposed the concerns and added more questions. This team is not the same as '96. The comparison ends at both teams being 13-3 and losing in the divisional round.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #61
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
If they don't fire Fox....they should get rid of McCoy and get a decent Offensive Coordinator in here with some balls!

This. Hopefully McCoy will get fired and Manning will suggest an OC that he is comfortable with who along with Manning will call all the plays. Cutcliffe? Fox should not even be allowed in the offensive meetings.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #62
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
God you people are so dumb

fire John Fox?

ahahahha you know how many franchises wish they had fox on their sideline?

this loss is solely on the defense not showing up today, you can blame coaching all you want but its going to get you absolutely no where, once the players hit the field its in the players hands more so than the coaches.

John Fox is a good coach, a tad conservative here and there sure but lets be real, a lot of coaches in the NFL good coaches at that would of made the same call.

Yeah, they should start carving his bust right now with that 53% career win percentage. Just Stop.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #63
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
If they don't fire Fox....they should get rid of McCoy and get a decent Offensive Coordinator in here with some balls!
I don't see Fox getting fired, now firing Mike McCoy might be the answer. All season long the feeling was he was alway putting the brakes on Manning, McCoy trying to call the plays like you would with a 'regular' qb.. Not a future HOF qb.

I'm hoping Elway saw this and tells McCoy it's in his best interest to find a job elsewhere .
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #64
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

Nope, we blamed the team for that one......as we should yesterday's game.

3 PFM turnovers alone should have been enough to explain the loss, but the secondary upped the ante.

Fox was a 'contributor,' not the cause.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #65
Vine

Having heard Fox say that he will kneel on it 10 times out of 10 in that situation, I figured this thread needed a good ole kick in the ass to the top of page 1.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #66
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

No Balls No Glory
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #67
Uncle Bill
Solid Starter

[QUOTE

This game was probably the biggest choke job in Broncos history. Will haunt my nightmares WAY more then the Jacksonville loss ever did.[/QUOTE]

Not to be a d*ck, but are you like 18 years old or something? I can't imagine anyone who actually lived through the Jacksonville game making this comment (I was at the game, by the way)...

Saturday's loss was no doubt a heartbreaker, but the Jacksonville loss was absolutely crushing. As a franchise and a fanbase, after all of the failures in the SB in the 80's, choking away the #1 seed to an expansion team (I think it was J-ville's 2nd or 3rd year in the league) was about as low as it can get. I mean, Rahim Moore's mistake can't hold a candle to Michael Dean Perry's, at least in my book. There was just a really bad vibe after the J-ville game, like we were snake-bitten and would never get over the hump. After Saturday against the Ravens, sure, I'm bummed, but WTF? We blew a game we should have won, but at the end of the day, there are 2 Lombardi's in the trophy case, and we have PFM and a very good defense to look forward to for the next few years. Plus, NE would have probably spanked us in the AFC championship anyway. I hate to admit it, but their offense is ridiculous, and we just don't match-up against them very well...

Anyway, there's plenty of blame to go around for the Ravens loss, with plenty of questions to be answered and issues to be addressed. But good Lord, things aren't that bad in the grand scheme of things. Sorry to pick on your post, but the hyperbole and douchebaggery have been through the roof on this site for the last few days, and I needed to vent. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath remember that we are two years removed from a team where Kyle Orton and Nate Webster were two of our more prominent players. It's just a game, and everything will be okay. Christ, there only a handful of teams in the league that wouldn't love to trade places with us right now...
Uncle Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #68
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Sensible Woody Paige.

There's three worlds that tell my the Mayans should have been right...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #69
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post

Last night's loss exposed the concerns and added more questions. This team is not the same as '96. The comparison ends at both teams being 13-3 and losing in the divisional round.
Agree 100%
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #70
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Having heard Fox say that he will kneel on it 10 times out of 10 in that situation, I figured this thread needed a good ole kick in the ass to the top of page 1.
You can kick this to the top all you want, but it won't change the fact that Elway is not firing Fox now or this year.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #71
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

can we ban vine from starting threads already?
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #72
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
You can kick this to the top all you want, but it won't change the fact that Elway is not firing Fox now or this year.
And I might do so until one of two things happens:

1)Fox coaches with a play to win the game mentality, or

2)He is no longer coach of the Denver Broncos. However long that may be.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #73
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Wasted 3 timeouts near end of 1st half. Wasted 2 timeouts end of regulation with chance to win. Ran conservative running play with a chance to go for 1st down with 7 point lead to win game.

Indefensible. I figured Fox's conservative mentality would cost Denver eventually, just hoped it wouldn't be in the playoffs.
So the defense having a bad day. The OL being overwhelmed is on Fox? At the end of the day the game is in players hands. And our players didn't play well. And yeah firing the guy who got rid of the McDaniels stink and brought Denver from laughingstock is a moronic idea unless you are AJ Smith who believes firing a coach after a great season is a good idea
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #74
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
So the defense having a bad day. The OL being overwhelmed is on Fox? At the end of the day the game is in players hands. And our players didn't play well. And yeah firing the guy who got rid of the McDaniels stink and brought Denver from laughingstock is a moronic idea unless you are AJ Smith who believes firing a coach after a great season is a good idea
It would be a great idea if you bring in the right kind of guy. Think about this: Reload with a better more competent coach next year, or rebuild in 3-5 years after Fox's run becomes stale?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #75
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
And I might do so until one of two things happens:

1)Fox coaches with a play to win the game mentality, or

2)He is no longer coach of the Denver Broncos. However long that may be.
Does it make you feel better? Because it is Elway's call to fire Fox, and I am sure he doesn't read your threads, nor does he give a rats *** what you think.