The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #76
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
After the ****ty start this team had last year the 7-3 run at the end with Tebow, plus beating the Steelers in a huge playoff game was pretty much one of the most awesome things ever. It's like getting a massive bonus check you never expected.

This season we're a superior team week to week, but there's a lot of expectations tied to it. When last year's team scuffled down the stretch it was still exciting because we were legitimately in the playoff mix. If this year's team doesn't ice a near meaningless game against Cleveland on Sunday I'll be pissed off all day. So it's a little harder to enjoy week to week games when you don't just want to see the team win, but to dominate so we're firing on all cylinders heading into the playoffs.

Its impossible to judge with 2012 still being incomplete. If this team doesn't make some noise and win at least one playoff game it's going to be a massive disappointment, to me at least. This team is way too good for them to take an early exit and doing so will sour a great deal of the regular season for me.

In summary - ask again after February 3rd.

7-3? I see you included the Miami win, yet skipped the lions loss? Try 7-4. Or 6-3 if your counting from the start of the win streak till the end.

People always try to spin facts to cover up his suckness
Old 12-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #77
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Except the question isn't about which 'team' is better but which season. Everyone has their own criteria I guess, but if the fans walk out of Mile High this year holding a one-n-done home disappointment, there's no way they'll think it compares to the absolute pandemonium many witnessed after last year's shocker in OT. Most exciting game I've ever been to. And I was at the home playoff win in Jan '06 (which was my all time favorite prior)

Long story short, it's too early to compare the two seasons.
I'm really not trying to take anything away from last year's playoff win, unless someone wants to argue that it was something more than an exhilarating fluke and flash in the pan. Saying that takes nothing away from how exciting it was.

It's not too early at all to compare the two seasons. Any observer should see this team is better in every way, except for generating exhilarating flukes. That doesn't amount to much by my criteria.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #78
shalowlow
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well, I guess now is a good time as any to revisit this...
shalowlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:33 AM   #79
Agamemnon

The answer is pretty obvious now...
Old 01-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #80
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Manning has 3 or 4 good years left in him. Teblow is pretty much out of the NFL.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #81
Butterscotch Stallion

It comes down to enjoying playoff wins...which I totes do.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #82
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
It comes down to enjoying playoff wins...which I totes do.
I like winning. But tebow looks weird when he throws. I prefer lookin pretty to winning. I mean, are playoff games that important?
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #83
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Last year was great..This year sucks..Wish we never reached playoffs..Horrible loss..
Next year..i won't have much expectations due to Manning and fox playcalling.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #84
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Manning Domination by a long shot.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #85
Toshiro Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Manning has 3 or 4 good years left in him.
...1 more year and he's done. Book it.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #86
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshiro Takashi View Post
...1 more year and he's done. Book it.
Baka.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #87
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Wish we never reached playoffs
Get out of here, loser.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #88
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalowlow View Post
Well, I guess now is a good time as any to revisit this...
I'd rather not.

****!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #89
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
No it isn't. Nothing is obvious to a fan base that is collectively acting like a sad sack loser crying in their beer.

There are a few posters here who still have a sense of perspective, and props to them. The team still has a 2-3 year window, just like they had after 96. I'll take that every time.

Those who would choose Tebow, you can have your longer football fields and teams called the Alouettes.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #90
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Why chooses between manning and Tebow? Clearly 90 million for a loss is a better choice than winning for cheap and using 90 million on the rest of the team.... It's science
Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #91
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Say what you want... it's all about the hardware and playoff glory. While the season was awesome... I got nothing close to feeling this this season. Sorry.

And it's not about a Tebow thing... it's about a playoff win thing. We can have the best regular season QB, but if he keeps choking most off the times he get to the playoffs then it's all for nothing.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #92
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Why chooses between manning and Tebow? Clearly 90 million for a loss is a better choice than winning for cheap and using 90 million on the rest of the team.... It's science
20 million actually,but 1 billion would still be better than having a FB play QB with no chance at all of winning a SB.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #93
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
20 million actually,but 1 billion would still be better than having a FB play QB with no chance at all of winning a SB.
He can be a FB/TE/PP and water boy playing QB. But to win a SB you have to win playoff games first. First time he got there he got the win...
Old 01-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #94
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
No it isn't. Nothing is obvious to a fan base that is collectively acting like a sad sack loser crying in their beer.

There are a few posters here who still have a sense of perspective, and props to them. The team still has a 2-3 year window, just like they had after 96. I'll take that every time.

Those who would choose Tebow, you can have your longer football fields and teams called the Alouettes.
You'd never win a SB with tebow, so there is no window with tebow.hence why he is gone.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #95
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Say what you want... it's all about the hardware and playoff glory. While the season was awesome... I got nothing close to feeling this this season. Sorry.

And it's not about a Tebow thing... it's about a playoff win thing. We can have the best regular season QB, but if he keeps choking most off the times he get to the playoffs then it's all for nothing.
What do you think Elway told Manning when he was wooing him in March. We got the defense to put the game away. Your job is to get us the lead at home in the playoffs with a minute to go and out defense with it's pass rush will close the deal

This has been Elway's plan since training camp. I'd hardly say Peyton was reason #1-4 why the team lost this game

Every game in the playoffs is not going to be a blowout . Not like the 45-7 beatdown last year in Foxboro

Last year was an Justin Beber concert. This year should have been classic Stones except for one idotic player who decided to put himself over team and not do his job
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #96
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
What do you think Elway told Manning when he was wooing him in March. We got the defense to put the game away. Your job is to get us the lead at home in the playoffs with a minute to go and out defense with it's pass rush will close the deal

This has been Elway's plan since training camp. I'd hardly say Peyton was reason #1-4 why the team lost this game

Every game in the playoffs is not going to be a blowout . Not like the 45-7 beatdown last year in Foxboro

Last year was an Justin Beber concert. This year should have been classic Stones except for one idotic player who decided to put himself over team and not do his job
Wait? You trying to blame this loss on Moore? Sure, he screwed up an let them tie us. But it should have never gotten to that point. How about you put on you big boy pants and look at the game objectively instead of trying to grasp for excuses. How about Champ getting toast for 2 long TDs, each one after having turned the momentum back to us? Or how about our pass rush being invisible? But at the end of the day... the sad part is that PM accounted for 3 TO including his awful across the body INT throw.

Like he said in the Carolina game on a very similar throw to stokley "Thats the one thing you never do in a game, but after 15 years some times you just say: fak that!" Or something like that. Well PM... Fak you!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #97
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
You'd never win a SB with tebow, so there is no window with tebow.hence why he is gone.
You also said he wouldn't win a game last year. You called him a bust on draft day.

Your opinion is butthurtblind.

You can win a Super Bowl with anyone. It's a team game. You think Tebow with the 2000 ravens wouldn't have made it as far as differ?

Jesus dude, I love manning. But 20 million times 4 for 3 years of play?

This isn't madden. Imagine two dominant dts with del rio, and a dominant center and guard with Tebow in the spread.

That's how you spend 90 million.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #98
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
You also said he wouldn't win a game last year. You called him a bust on draft day.

Your opinion is butthurtblind.

You can win a Super Bowl with anyone. It's a team game. You think Tebow with the 2000 ravens wouldn't have made it as far as differ?

Jesus dude, I love manning. But 20 million times 4 for 3 years of play?

This isn't madden. Imagine two dominant dts with del rio, and a dominant center and guard with Tebow in the spread.

That's how you spend 90 million.
I never said we could never win a game with teblow,hell Ryan leaf won a couple games. Teblow is on his way out of the league so yes Teblow is a bust. Defenses like the 2000 ravens happen once in a generation. Were we suppose to waste the next ten years hoping to hit the proverbial lottery on defense. I can imagine teblow in the spread it wasn't sustainable as proven by his 1-4 finish.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #99
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
I never said we could never win a game with teblow,hell Ryan leaf won a couple games. Teblow is on his way out of the league so yes Teblow is a bust. Defenses like the 2000 ravens happen once in a generation. Were we suppose to waste the next ten years hoping to hit the proverbial lottery on defense. I can imagine teblow in the spread it wasn't sustainable as proven by his 1-4 finish.
90 million goes a long way... Our defense is already very good. If manning could have won in overtime we would be one win away. Now I know it is a lot to ask for a qb to win an overtime playoff game against a high ranking defense.

I mean you would need a qb that doesn't crack under pressure, that steps up when you need him most.

That is rare, and never ever happened here. Ever never ever nev.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #100
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
He can be a FB/TE/PP and water boy playing QB. But to win a SB you have to win playoff games first. First time he got there he got the win...
A broken clock is going to be right twice a day. Considering the defense the Steelers employed that game you would think Ryan leaf would've won as well. Tommy Maddox won a playoff game as well,does that make him a QB that can win a SB? No.