The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Vent Thread - List all your reasons for the loss here

1. Officiating called one of the worst games i've ever seen. It's not the sole reason for the loss but it was bad and we got screwed hard. 3rd and 1, 1st down, hold, bring it back. Non PI calls... there were too many to count. The Boldin catch? Good god. It felt like an NBA game.
2. Pressure got the best of this team especially in the coaching department. We played out our version of the 98' Vikings. Things we did in the regular season, we didn't do here. Pick any 3rd and 1 bland run call. Could have been an audible, whatever. Why have Peyton Manning if you are going to hand off to your 49th best player in Jacob Hester? Go WIN the game! The defense in particular just nutted up. The group as a whole made Flacco look like Kurt Warner. What were they doing? A lot of this falls on JDR. The troops didn't look prepared. Baltimore ran a lot of bunch plays and our guys looked lost in coverage.
3. Doom and Von disappeared. The difference between the PM Colts and the PM Broncos is that Freeney/Mooris actually stepped up in the playoffs. Doom/Von disappeared. (I thought Von had a solid game, just not great.)
4. Champ had one of his worst games as a Bronco. Awful game. Might be time to play some safety.
5. Rahim Moore. Nuff said. Blew the game. Not the only reason we lost but come on, you might as well walk off the field and make it 10 vs. 11 with how he lost focus and just drifted around. Ever heard of "Don't let the WR get behind you?" or "High Point the ball?". These things are taught in grade school pop warner leagues.
6. Manning TO's. Not sure what was going on with that but that's been the knock on Peyton and it reared it's ugly head again. The frustrated thing was the 1st INT was Decker's fault, HOWEVER, IT WAS A PI which wasn't called! The fumble came after a 3rd and 1 conversion called back by phantom holding call against Kuper. See #1.
7. Why not throw to Demaryius Thomas? 3 for 37 and he somewhat disappeared down the stretch of the season. We needed to call his number. And we didn't. And we lost. I think they go hand and hand. DT alters the coverage. Decker is a #2 WR. He takes advantage of what DT does to the lid on the coverage. Very poor game planning by Fox/McCoy/Peyton, whom ever was deciding on these plays.

Feel free to add others.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
Cleo McDowell
underrated.

Default Appropriate. (Reddit)

Attached Images

Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

I don't even care why now, we lost and I'm pissed!

Good list tho!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
Drunken.Broncoholic

Moreno getting injured yet again.

Not covering the TE on 3rd and 13 from their own 4 yard line.

There's so many things wrong with this game. They flat out choked and its going to hurt for a long time.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

1) Stupid Rave-hens have always been our kryptonite,

2) The Flacco-Jones hookup was just like the Mark Brunell-Jimmy Smith hookup in '96 - the best play of their careers.

3) Play-calling

4) Champ
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

8. Time for Moreno to shine and what happens? Injured again.
9. Middle of our Oline outclassed again. Couldn't get a yard if their lives depended on it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Moreno getting injured yet again.

Not covering the TE on 3rd and 13 from their own 4 yard line.

There's so many things wrong with this game. They flat out choked and its going to hurt for a long time.
HOW DO YOU NOT COVER THE TIGHTEND?

I'm not sure how Jack Del Rio coached so well all year and he just left his brain at the team hotel this time around. He had no response to Baltimore except the stupid f'n RADAR defense which didn't do ****. Didn't confuse anybody and/or the officials called a penalty on us and converted 3rd downs for the Ravens.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

With Fox style of coaching, it's difficult to win games.

I believe SD team with Marty was much better team than us..But, they keep losing games..They lost to inferior team like Jets twice in playoffs.

Added to that, we have manning who struggles in playoff games.
There is nothing we can do..We can't fire Fox and cut manning.
If we do, i don't think we can reach playoff's.
It really sucks to be in this position.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
9. Middle of our Oline outclassed again. Couldn't get a yard if their lives depended on it.
That's because STUPID JOSH DRAFTED ALPHONSO SMITH AND DARCEL MCBATH INSTEAD OF MAX UNGER!

Despite so many of us screaming at his pea-brained head to draft Unger ..........
Old 01-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I'd go and hide if I could, but life goes on. I think we've all laid out the post mortem. Nothing wrong with this thread, but I'm gonna finish this last Currs Light and wake up tomorrow. Bad day today, better day tomorrow. This is why I don't host playoff parties anymore. Learned my lesson too long ago.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I'm trying not to, but if you think about it ... did Holliday make this game closer than the score would indicate?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #12
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I'd go and hide if I could, but life goes on. I think we've all laid out the post mortem. Nothing wrong with this thread, but I'm gonna finish this last Currs Light and wake up tomorrow. Bad day today, better day tomorrow. This is why I don't host playoff parties anymore. Learned my lesson too long ago.
I don't think anybody will go cut themselves. Jesus.

It sucks, life moves on. It's been a long time since 98'. I was 18. Getting close to double that age now.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

1) Refs...2 of Manning's turnovers should have never been!
2) HUGE plays give up by the secondary...unreal!!
3) Fox!!!
4) Manning OT interception.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #14
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I don't think anybody will go cut themselves. Jesus.

It sucks, life moves on. It's been a long time since 98'. I was 18. Getting close to double that age now.
I feel bad for the oldest fans. This was a legit chance at a SB and it turned into a colossal choke job. We have years left to watch them but It's gotta be tough for the older fans. A dam shame how this game unfolded.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #15
RavenEC
Just Drafted

The Ravens wanted it more.
RavenEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #16
anon
Seasoned Veteran

The refs were pretty crap today but it's hard to pin the loss on them with the number of big plays we gave up:

1) HUGE poor defensive plays on multiple long bombs for TDs

2) Continuing to run it into the middle of the line late in the game when Hillman was getting outside for solid gains and Baltimore's D looked gassed chasing sideline to sideline.

3) Calling plays out of the "let's try not to lose it" playbook.

4) Poorly executed prevent D at the end of the game.

5) Non-existent pass rush from our "threats" Doom and Von

6) Manning not being able to throw more than 15 yards

7) Manning trying to imitate Elway at the end of the game, but looking like Cutler.

8) Notice that the Harbaugh brothers won today. Those guys are irritating personalities perhaps, but you have to give them credit for being coaches with balls that will make the tough, controversial decisions and stand by them.

9) We were a #1 seed but didn't have the swagger and killer instinct of a #1 seed.
anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Pimp.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed

I think you just about covered it, bpc... although if I had to rank them in terms of goat-ish-ness it would go something like this:

1) Raheem Moore: In one single play, he ruined our season, Peyton Manning's MVP candidacy, Elway's Executive-of-the-year candidacy, and possibly McCoy and Del Rio's head coaching opportunities. (and he sucked in general for most of the game, to boot).

2) John Fox, Mike McCoy, Jack Del Rio: horrible, horrible game planning and play calling. The Ravens had 8 fewer days to prepare than us, and STILL had a better game plan both offensively and defensively. Questionable in-game decisions include: trying a 52-yarder in horrible conditions at the end of the half rather than go for it on 4th down; taking a knee with 31 seconds and 2 timeouts remaining; running multiple, multiple times when the defense was expecting it (and often with Jacob Hester); and running on 3rd and 7 then punting instead of trying to finish the game with a pass at the end of the 4th.

3) Peyton Manning -- his reputation for choking is deserved. Three turnovers in all, and what was essentially the game-loser in overtime. We can now officially stop including him in the list of all-time best quarterbacks, as it's an insult to Unitas, Montana and Elway to do so.

4) Dumervil and (to a lesser extent) Von Miller: only one pressure and very few QB pressures on the day -- this probably contributed to our loss as much as anything today, as Flacco had plenty of time to wind up and hit loooooooooooong passes downfield.

5) The refs: an absolutely terrible officiating job, worse than most of the replacement refs from the beginning of the season, IMO. While they made bad calls both ways, there were two atrocious 3rd-down calls late in the game (the clearly incomplete pass, and a bizarre phantom PI call against Champ three plays later) that were... well, frankly suspicious.

6) The offensive line: gave up three sacks and multiple pressures throughout the game. Given how much fresher and healthier they were than the Ravens, and that they're acclimated to the altitude, this is a problem that should probably be addressed in the offseason -- Franklin might be better suited to guard, and we might need to go fishing for a replacement right tackle.

7) Champ -- possibly the worst game I ever saw him play. However, some of the blame lies with the safeties for being out of position on some of the plays where he got beat, and additional blame goes to the coaching staff for leaving him on an island at times without any support.

All in all, it's a complete and systemic failure by the Broncos -- it's very fair to compare this to the great bed-****ting of 1996.

Last edited by BowlenBall; 01-12-2013 at 09:03 PM..
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #18
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Fire everyone and start over now. That will make me feel much better next year when we win 4 games. ****ing whiners.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #19
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Speaking of reasons, has Fox or anybody had a presser yet and given us the old, "Well, we got outplayed today folks" speech?

Edit: DUH, just cheked on Denverbroncos.com

Last edited by hades; 01-12-2013 at 08:44 PM..
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #20
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo McDowell View Post
Awesome photo. Speaks volumes.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #21
TheChamp247
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post

9) We were a #1 seed but didn't have the swagger and killer instinct of a #1 seed.
Problem was we had that killer instinct...till 3rd down. Then quit and just assumed that Flacco would choke and never realized he was actually throwing to his receivers, not our DB's. Defense lost this game. Manning just made it worse. If we don't draft a DB with our first pick were doomed again. We had over performers in Harris, Lenarod, Carter, and Moore and they got exposed. Thank god by the ravens and not the Pats. I love Bailey, but he needs help for gods sake. Im not worried about Manning for 3 more years, better than we've had in the past decade. Pass rush is only good with decent coverage. Oh, and the refs had to have been threatened by Ray Ray and his murdering skills. I was upset but not infuriated till the Bailey PI. at was the moat BS call I've seen all season. More than the GB SEA game ender by the replacement refs. We lost, but at least wr have a promising front office. I think its 96 all over again. Including 97 and 98. We'll bounce back. I hurting bad now tho, but thank you Amendment 64
TheChamp247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #22
Bmore Manning

The Ravens played Cover 2 high safeties.. Why do so many of you experts keep saying Peyton couldn't throw more than 15 yards? Well your right cause they forced everything to happen in front of them! And none of the receivers could get seperation.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #23
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

1- Fox-McCoy
2- McCoy-Fox
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #24
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I'm trying not to, but if you think about it ... did Holliday make this game closer than the score would indicate?
I was all ready to name Holliday the MVP of the game. Without his returns, CBS wouldn't have a good game...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #25
TheChamp247
Pro Bowler

I want to see the poll were we all blame the refs #1, the D #2, Manning #3, and Brian Greise #4. I'm pretty sure this can be traced back to the Greaseball
TheChamp247 is offline   Reply With Quote