|01-12-2013, 09:10 PM||#1|
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Vent Thread - List all your reasons for the loss here
1. Officiating called one of the worst games i've ever seen. It's not the sole reason for the loss but it was bad and we got screwed hard. 3rd and 1, 1st down, hold, bring it back. Non PI calls... there were too many to count. The Boldin catch? Good god. It felt like an NBA game.
2. Pressure got the best of this team especially in the coaching department. We played out our version of the 98' Vikings. Things we did in the regular season, we didn't do here. Pick any 3rd and 1 bland run call. Could have been an audible, whatever. Why have Peyton Manning if you are going to hand off to your 49th best player in Jacob Hester? Go WIN the game! The defense in particular just nutted up. The group as a whole made Flacco look like Kurt Warner. What were they doing? A lot of this falls on JDR. The troops didn't look prepared. Baltimore ran a lot of bunch plays and our guys looked lost in coverage.
3. Doom and Von disappeared. The difference between the PM Colts and the PM Broncos is that Freeney/Mooris actually stepped up in the playoffs. Doom/Von disappeared. (I thought Von had a solid game, just not great.)
4. Champ had one of his worst games as a Bronco. Awful game. Might be time to play some safety.
5. Rahim Moore. Nuff said. Blew the game. Not the only reason we lost but come on, you might as well walk off the field and make it 10 vs. 11 with how he lost focus and just drifted around. Ever heard of "Don't let the WR get behind you?" or "High Point the ball?". These things are taught in grade school pop warner leagues.
6. Manning TO's. Not sure what was going on with that but that's been the knock on Peyton and it reared it's ugly head again. The frustrated thing was the 1st INT was Decker's fault, HOWEVER, IT WAS A PI which wasn't called! The fumble came after a 3rd and 1 conversion called back by phantom holding call against Kuper. See #1.
7. Why not throw to Demaryius Thomas? 3 for 37 and he somewhat disappeared down the stretch of the season. We needed to call his number. And we didn't. And we lost. I think they go hand and hand. DT alters the coverage. Decker is a #2 WR. He takes advantage of what DT does to the lid on the coverage. Very poor game planning by Fox/McCoy/Peyton, whom ever was deciding on these plays.
Feel free to add others.