The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #26
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shut up Kaylore. Our kicker lost the game for us if you consider the pattern. Seriously I stopped listening to the podcasts because you were so stupid. Im sure it has to do with that fact that you worship aliens, I mean Star Trek. Pathetic. You really do suck. I think you, Popps and Drek are the same person. Its a wonder that only you didnt' disappear this past year.
orangemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #27
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

17 points off PFM turnovers today. Of all the guys handling the ball I thought would hurt us, he was wayyyyy down there. Team loss, nobody really played with fire today.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #28
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

It hurts, but I don't know if it hurts worse than '96.

This team was playing with house money the last half of the season. We were due for a crappy game, and I was wondering when it would happen. Turned out they saved it for the playoffs.

Anyone who thinks Manning can put the team on his shoulders and win by himself needs to take a look at this game. He's clearly not what he once was, and they need to continue to improve the team around him.

The defense had no pass rush today. Crap play in the secondary. Worst game of Champ's career.

This team needs another running back, a safety (maybe Champ?), another Guard, and another interior passrusher.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #29
Moki01
NDP 2006

National Distinguished Principal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

McCoy... conservative in the clutch. Fox unwilling to be bold.
The Schottenhimer syndrom.
Moki01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #30
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
I don't think I could have scripted a more painful loss.

Really sloppy football from us all day, so many dumb penalties.

Von Miller might as well have not been on the field. Champ was a liability. The ten point swing before half time on the horrible FG. Moore with one of the worst plays in NFL history. Manning's INT then pretty much seals the defeat.

Then to top it off there's loads of bad calls by the refs that will haunt me for weeks...

This might be the worst I've ever felt about sports.

I'm completely gutted.
this....
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #31
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I feel like the little girl in hocus pocus after she gets her soul sucked out.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #32
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Lucky for us mods will save us from the endless army of trolls. Oh wait
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #33
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
if its any consolation, new england would have obliterated our secondary next week anyways
After watching today's game, this is what I came away with, too. Don't know if it wouldv'e hurt "less" to be embarrassed by NE next week but it would have been inevitable.
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #34
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Lemme check. Yep, I'm still pissed...
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #35
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I can't even begin to tell you how terrible I feel right now. It really feels like '96. We should lose on purpose anytime we're 12-3 with one game to play.

Honestly, if Holiday doesn't return two kicks back for a TD we lose by double digits.

The worst part is our best players sucked.

Champ got smoked OVER AND OVER.

Manning gave the game away.

Von and Elvis didn't show up.

And Refs gave the Ravens literally everything.

And Rahim Moore. I will hate him forever. Even if he becomes all world - will hate him forever. I will boo him any time he does anything.
Get over it. This team just got its first real test and they failed. Last year didn't count because the reality was no expectations. This year = Expectations high. Great regular season record which all goes out the window when playoff started. In 97, the team remembered how this felt and it became test No. 2 for them. Go back and listen to some of those guys in 97, especially during the "Americas Game" review of 97. Their resolve was much different and it showed in the playoffs, when those playoff games were tight.

This is not the end of the world, it may just be the start of something better.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #36
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

96' was worse for me because I was only 20 and not as good at handling heartbreak. I actually cried after that 96 game, lol.
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #37
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemonkey View Post
Shut up Kaylore. Our kicker lost the game for us if you consider the pattern. Seriously I stopped listening to the podcasts because you were so stupid. Im sure it has to do with that fact that you worship aliens, I mean Star Trek. Pathetic. You really do suck. I think you, Popps and Drek are the same person. Its a wonder that only you didnt' disappear this past year.
You were just warned to stop attacking people personally while adding nothing of substance. You ignored it.

We'll see you again in 6 months.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #38
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

It's going to be a long offseason and the Teboners are going to flock in here with their BS
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #39
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

'96 was worse only because back then I couldn't gain the tiny bit of consolation from popping in a Super Bowl victory DVD.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #40
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It is an empty feeling.....but if you,let a team hang around and have stupid blunders over and over this has a tendency to happen. Perhaps like the late 90s team this team needs a "final lesson" before achieving greatness. They threw away a lot today. They were the best team in the league just,like the 96 team was, but you have to bring it when it counts.

It will take awhile to recover from this.
I agree too many times the Ravens were let hanging around. A team should lose exactly zero times in any game with 2 return tds. Conservative football killed Denver and they played their C game while Ravens played pretty well. On a side note in 96 the Packers were best team in the league and I always felt they would of handed Elway his 4 th SB loss putting bad SB memories into crippling loss.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #41
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
You were just warned to stop attacking people personally while adding nothing of substance. You ignored it.

We'll see you again in 6 months.
Spank that monkey
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #42
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

well... there is always next year. very disappointed, but what can i do? im just a fan. see u guys later im off to the beach
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #43
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Yep....I feel like crap. I can't believe how poorly they played today.

I could see it from the start...they just didn't show up.

The defense was pathetic all the way around. Stick a fork in Champ...he's done. Von Miller isn't even in the conversation with JJ Watt. Miller hasn't been worth a turd in the last 6 games. Watch the film from today...he was jogging around and not even competing. I thought they should have benched him and playd DJW.

Peyton Manning was absolutely terrible....I mean really bad. Not only did he hand them the game with a pick six, a fumble, and an int to seal the deal in overtime...but, he couldn't throw the ball down the field more than 15yds. Not once did we even attempt to go deep with Thomas or Decker. Not once in over 5 quarters. He just doesn't have the ability to do much more than dink and dunk....and he doesn't believe in himself in the playoffs.

The coaching was the worst. 3rd and 7 with 2:00 minutes left and we run the ball. Had we converted that down....we would have ran out the clock and ended the game. To give up and let them have it back with a minute 40 seconds was the worst coaching I've seen this side of Norv Turner!

I don't even want to hear or read what these ass clowns have to say.

How this team can work so hard to get home field throughout the playoffs and not even show up...is mind boggling.

Holliday is the only one who deserves any credit was so ever...
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #44
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
You know what, life goes on.

It's tough, hurts like hell, but I'm still proud of what this team did and where it's headed.

Our time will come.
Bingo - good team but outhustled and outschemed by a team that overall wanted it more.
Lesson for Peyton - 2nd and short is an opportunity to fool your opponent with a playaction pass - so is 3rd and short - audibles to a run by a scatback and or a fullback in those situations are mindless - they remind me of Shananan and his fullback dives
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #45
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I agree too many times the Ravens were let hanging around. A team should lose exactly zero times in any game with 2 return tds. Conservative football killed Denver and they played their C game while Ravens played pretty well. On a side note in 96 the Packers were best team in the league and I always felt they would of handed Elway his 4 th SB loss putting bad SB memories into crippling loss.
Yup! I agree....rep comin down...I'm in a reppin mood tonight.
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #46
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

I just checked again, and I'm still pissed!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #47
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemonkey View Post
Buy Bye Idiot!
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #48
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Something looked to be wrong with Peyton's arm tonight. His passes, especially in the 2nd half, looked dead. I'm not sure he ever tried to throw down the field the entire game. Maybe there is something to the cold and the nerves in his hand/arm/neck.

*If* nothing was wrong with Peyton's arm, than Fox/McCoy called a terrible, massively over-conservative game.

Definitely one of the most painful losses ever. Very similar to the Jags' loss.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #49
RINGLEADER
Seasoned Veteran

Don't take it too hard. You have a good team and will be in the thick of it next season. Even though Manning played a poor game, this loss is 99% on your coach. I couldn't believe he didn't try to get 30 yards with :30 and three time-outs. Just astounded at that decision (along with the running on 3rd and 7 and going super-conservative at the end).
RINGLEADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #50
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I feel dead inside.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote