The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #101
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Kruger is the real deal. He is not at the class of Von miller, but he is close to being as solid as Dumervil as a pass rusher and he plays the run much better.

However, he is not as good as a healthy Suggs so DEN will get some pressure, but Peyton is damn good at getting the ball out on time so i have very few worries there.
Kruger is the real deal and his brother will be a first day pick when he comes out. They come from a football family for sure and I wanted Denver to consider Paul Kruger but figured you would have to take him high after he dominated Alabama in the sugar bowl a few years ago.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #102
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

The more you look at the match up, the less likely this game will be even close. Despite the incessant chripping of the ratbirds and their fans.
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #103
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Two days before the divisional playoff game at Denver, Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith was added to Thursday's injury report. He was limited in practice with a back injury.

Fullback Vonta Leach (knee and ankle) and backup running back Bernard Pierce (knee) were limited Thursday after not practicing the previous day. Guard Jah Reid (toe) missed his second straight day of practice.

For the second straight day, there were 12 Ravens listed who had full participation, including wide receiver Anquan Boldin (shoulder), linebackers Ray Lewis (triceps) and Terrell Suggs (achilles and bicep), defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (knee), safety Ed Reed (shoulder) and guard Marshal Yanda (shoulder).

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-injury-report
Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #104
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

we cant win we going to get blown out we have no hope vs the mighty ravens they didnt have Ray cuts with a knife loser but now hes back we got no hope he is going to murder Denver saturday just like how he murdered those 2 people at a night club years ago with his friends
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #105
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Ravens don't scare me at all. The only way I see them winning is through special teams, which is the real threat to Denver. If our punt returners start fumbling balls again, and their returners get good gains or even a TD, it's a wildly different ballgame. That aside, Denver is superior to Baltimore at almost every single position on the field.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #106
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Ravens don't scare me at all. The only way I see them winning is through special teams, which is the real threat to Denver. If our punt returners start fumbling balls again, and their returners get good gains or even a TD, it's a wildly different ballgame. That aside, Denver is superior to Baltimore at almost every single position on the field.

They're banged up, used up all of that "last ride" mojo beating the Colts. It will be raining hammers upon the ratbirds on Saturday!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #107
Broncosman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
great analysis ...really hope we would win at last
Old 01-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #108
Drunken.Broncoholic

I'm not liking the weather. If it snows it favors the ravens big time. Our passing game relys on timely cut routes that don't happen in the snow. Moreno would lose a shoe on every play. Ravens have RBs that can produce in slop. We don't. If its a snow game it limits manning(0-3 in sub 40 weather). The defense would need to win the game.

This is a relatively easy win for the broncos under good weather conditions. Bad weather closes the gap on the teams.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #109
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I'm not liking the weather. If it snows it favors the ravens big time. Our passing game relys on timely cut routes that don't happen in the snow. Moreno would lose a shoe on every play. Ravens have RBs that can produce in slop. We don't. If its a snow game it limits manning(0-3 in sub 40 weather). The defense would need to win the game.

This is a relatively easy win for the broncos under good weather conditions. Bad weather closes the gap on the teams.
Snow doesn't necessarily favor them, receivers have advantages in the snow because they are the ones that know where they are going. I know thats counter intuitive to some, but unless its hard driving snow, it shouldnt be a problem.

What bothers me is it looks like it'll be a high of 17 friggin degrees. That's ****ing cold. That's bothersome cold. And yes, it bothers me when Peyton says he needs to wear a glove to grip in the cold. Maybe itll have no effect whatsoever, but its worrisome.

but as i said before, maybe Bryant McKinnie will be too cold to bend over and block doom all day
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #110
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Snow doesn't necessarily favor them, receivers have advantages in the snow because they are the ones that know where they are going. I know thats counter intuitive to some, but unless its hard driving snow, it shouldnt be a problem.

What bothers me is it looks like it'll be a high of 17 friggin degrees. That's ****ing cold. That's bothersome cold. And yes, it bothers me when Peyton says he needs to wear a glove to grip in the cold. Maybe itll have no effect whatsoever, but its worrisome.

but as i said before, maybe Bryant McKinnie will be too cold to bend over and block doom all day
Most forecasts are saying partly sunny, very mild wind (5-7 mph) and a very slight chance of some snow. I'm not that worried about it. I just saw a couple that said it could get into the high 20's. But even 20 degrees with no wind or snow won't be much of a factor
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #111
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Most forecasts are saying partly sunny, very mild wind (5-7 mph) and a very slight chance of some snow. I'm not that worried about it. I just saw a couple that said it could get into the high 20's. But even 20 degrees with no wind or snow won't be much of a factor
Thats true, if there's no wind, it wont be awful awful.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #112
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Barnwell's take:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-playoff-games
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #113
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post

Manning, Warner, Marino all said snow really slows down pass rush and gives WR advantage over DB. I agree since I have watched Jerry porter and Manning himself light us up in a heavy snow.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #114
Drunken.Broncoholic

You guys have eased my worries a bit about the weather. Lets just hope there's no wind
Old 01-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #115
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

Good grief is that guy wishy washy but he still had the Broncos winning by double digits.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #116
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Balt has a good team, but they need so much to go right for them to win. Probably their only chance is Denver gets a case of the yips and a bad play compounds into two or three bad plays by multiple players.

I don't see that happening. Denver has what I'd characterize as a calm and steady coaching staff in Fox, Del Rio, McCoy, Studesville, Magazu, Smith, Milus, et al. They have solid long-time vet leadership throughout all three phases with Champ, Peyton, Bruton, Brooking, Kuper, Clady, Elvis, Vickerson, Bannan, Prater, Colquitt, Koppen, Stokley.

Denver is a young team in many places, but a lot of those young guys had playoff experience last year - Harris, Miller, Decker, DThomas, Beadles, Franklin, Ayers, Woodyard.

We might see some O plays put in for guys the Ravens haven't seen much from, Virgil Green, Holliday, even Matt Willis (he does seem to get the yips, though). Denver has had two weeks to work on some exotic situational plays so maybe we'll see some if the situation arises.
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #117
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
If Leach is out we're probably running away with this.
The Ravens struggled running against Denver last time out of the lead I. Their Run game was much better out of shotgun and spreading the D out letting Rice and the other guy pick the holes.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #118
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The Ravens struggled running against Denver last time out of the lead I. Their Run game was much better out of shotgun and spreading the D out letting Rice and the other guy pick the holes.

Not going to happen with the crowd noise.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #119
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Not going to happen with the crowd noise.
They can huddle and run out of shotgun dispute crowd noise.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #120
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Kruger is the real deal. He is not at the class of Von miller, but he is close to being as solid as Dumervil as a pass rusher and he plays the run much better.

However, he is not as good as a healthy Suggs so DEN will get some pressure, but Peyton is damn good at getting the ball out on time so i have very few worries there.
I agree that Kruger is the real deal, and Suggs is slightly diminished right now. What I do find interesting however, is why none of us is mentioning Ngata any more. Over the past couple years, he might have been the greatest force on their line, which leads to many of the big plays on the edge for Suggs.

Did we just do a good job on Ngata last game? Is he injured? Or, is he just declining? When the Ravens defense was at its best the past few years, I was always using Ngata's performance as my barometer. Not so much any more.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #121
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
They can huddle and run out of shotgun dispute crowd noise.
They still won't be able to audible.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #122
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
They still won't be able to audible.
Well they will there are hand signals and this isn't the first noisy stadium they have played in. Yes it will be more difficult but back to orginal post the Ravens struggled running out of the lead I and had more success running out of spread formations. I expect more running attempts out of shotgun and spread formations today.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #123
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Well they will there are hand signals and this isn't the first noisy stadium they have played in. Yes it will be more difficult but back to orginal post the Ravens struggled running out of the lead I and had more success running out of spread formations. I expect more running attempts out of shotgun and spread formations today.

We shall see.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #124
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #125
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I hate how the media slobs over who won that week so the bye teams suddenly "are in trouble" just because it's out of sight, out of mind.

This is one of the most focused teams I've seen in ANY sport. They are methodical and constant. Always improving.

Flacco is one of the worst road QB's in the league this year.

Flacco in away games:
141 of 248 (56.9) 7 TD's to 5 ints 74.9 rating.

So on a short week, not able to run his no huddle in our house against Peyton Manning, who again - owns the Ravens - UTTERLY - color me unimpressed.
Seems we aren't this cocky as we were in this thread.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote