The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #2176
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,542
Default

'The Nicktator' forces a smile after winning his 3rd National Championship Game in the last 4 years at Alabama.

Saban said he'll enjoy this win for 48 hours before getting back to work.

I'm betting that dude frowns when he busts a nut.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #2177
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,997

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brncs_fan View Post
I was really hoping that we would be a little closer than down 28 points. Alabama is the best team in the nation and It isn't even close.

I think I hate Saban now more then ever.
Props on showing up to the thread. Rough night for you guys but you had a great year.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #2178
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,542
Default

Barrett Jones would be a nice pick at the end of the 1st round.

6'5 and 311 pounds and has won National Championships starting at right guard, left tackle, and center.

A dude like that would step in and be a versatile asset to the offensive line, with the ability to slide over and fill multiple positions.

A fiery leader with some attitude....a perfect Denver Broncos offensive lineman.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #2179
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #2180
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Didn't watch the game, but lol.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #2181
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,447
Default

Where was super stud Te'o?


He might be a solid pro but, I'm questioning all the hoopla more.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 01-07-2013 at 10:33 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #2182
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,772
Default

I'm thinking that the Heisman voters finally got it correct. Johnny Manziel performed brilliantly, on the big stage. The other two finalists...not so much...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #2183
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,601

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I would rather have seen Alabama vs Stanford.
And the outcome probably would have been the same. Nobody was going to beat Bama tonight.


RTR.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #2184
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 966
Default

Been on the Eddie Lacy Bandwagon...Anyone know where he's projected to go? I'm assuming late first/early second. I hope we draft him, he is going to be a great back at the next level.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #2185
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,737

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Loved how Jones pushed McCarron near then end when his QB was trying to show him up. Dude, you're up big, the game is over, your Center is a stud, don't get in his grill like that.


I think the best part of that game was getting to see this hottie like 5 times.







God approves this tattoo, lolz


Last edited by ZONA; 01-07-2013 at 11:38 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #2186
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,075

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Where was super stud Te'o?


He might be a solid pro but, I'm questioning all the hoopla more.
Dude cost himself millions
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #2187
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,198

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Not surprised AT ALL. The voters can't get ND balls off their chin. They barely won games against average teams at home.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #2188
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Or Oregon
or UCL....nah we aren't ready for that stage yet.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #2189
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Barrett Jones would be a nice pick at the end of the 1st round.

6'5 and 311 pounds and has won National Championships starting at right guard, left tackle, and center.

A dude like that would step in and be a versatile asset to the offensive line, with the ability to slide over and fill multiple positions.

A fiery leader with some attitude....a perfect Denver Broncos offensive lineman.
I'd like that pick, though I'm hoping Kevin Minter from LSU is still available when we pick. I like Florida safety Matt Elam a lot, too, but we might be able to get him in the 2nd.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #2190
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,997

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Hey BabaBooey....

1. I'm hearing Coley will come if he likes WR coach (heard it might be Mario which would be a recruiting coup). His HS coach is Donnell Bennett so he is pushing us hard. Noles with lead right now....losing MCDonald hurt us a lot with him. He likes Olsen which is a positive.
2. Serious $ being thrown around by FSU and Bama and Georgia for Big 6 so hold on tight. A lot of pull from FSU right now....6 wants to stay home but it could go either way. This is the big one....we have to win this battle.
3. Collins coach is steering him to Arky but kid isn't feeling it. Wants UM....Only thing holding him back right now is sanctions. Most feel he will stay home in the end but it will be close. FSU losing Gran ended their chances.
4. Bryant is trolling everyone right now....not sure what he will do. He has a kid which suggests he would stay home but I also heard GF is at FAMU...which would be awful because that means he would be a Nole for sure. I know he is a Cane fan but this could be an Amari situation,
5. Bostwick will be in the class if he gets grades in order.
6. Grace is a lock and actually gave AQM his hat. AQM was pushing Bryant to commit but Bryant is like WW times 10 in attention whoring....he will play suspense to the last second possible.
7. Al is getting under LSUs skin......could steal Robinson from them and shutdown their attempts to sway Burns and Carter.
8. Kirkland...grades...Nole.
__________________

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-08-2013 at 10:13 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #2191
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 6,044

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Not surprised AT ALL. The voters can't get ND balls off their chin. They barely won games against average teams at home.
One of my friends is a ND homer. I gave him 20 points in a small bet on the game. He thought it was going to be easy money. I was not concerned at all.

ND did not deserve to be in that game, or even in the top 5. Ranked #1 was a joke. They really were only the 8th or 9th best team, and thats generous.

However, they got there on the "luck" of the Irish, and the stupid BCS computer formulas blindness for strength of victory.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #2192
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

SoCal, who is Big 6?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #2193
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Hey BabaBooey....

1. I'm hearing Coley will come if he likes WR coach (heard it might be Mario which would be a recruiting coup). His HS coach is Donnell Bennett so he is pushing us hard. Noles with lead right now....losing MCDonald hurt us a lot with him. He likes Olsen which is a positive.
2. Serious $ being thrown around by FSU and Bama and Georgia for Big 6 so hold on tight. A lot of pull from FSU right now....6 wants to stay home but it could go either way. This is the big one....we have to win this battle.
3. Collins coach is steering him to Arky but kid isn't feeling it. Wants UM....Only thing holding him back right now is sanctions. Most feel he will stay home in the end but it will be close. FSU losing Gran ended their chances.
4. Bryant is trolling everyone right now....not sure what he will do. He has a kid which suggests he would stay home but I also heard GF is at FAMU...which would be awful because that means he would be a Nole for sure. I know he is a Cane fan but this could be an Amari situation,
5. Bostwick will be in the class if he gets grades in order.
6. Grace is a lock and actually gave AQM his hat. AQM was pushing Bryant to commit but Bryant is like WW times 10 in attention whoring....he will play suspense to the last second possible.
7. Al is getting under LSUs skin......could steal Robinson from them and shutdown their attempts to sway Burns and Carter.
8. Kirkland...grades...Nole.
Who is Big 6?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #2194
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,997

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Miami has hired former FIU coach Mario Cristobal as Associate HC and TE coach. Brennan Carroll will be switched from TEs to WRs. This is great for recruiting as Mario is one of the best in that area and is a former Miami player during the heyday.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #2195
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,997

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Miami has hired former FIU coach Mario Cristobal as Associate HC and TE coach. Brennan Carroll will be switched from TEs to WRs. This is great for recruiting as Mario is one of the best in that area and is a former Miami player during the heyday.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #2196
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Keeping Carroll on is huge too. Another boss recruiter.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #2197
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs
Default

Anzalone--5 star LB out of PA has decommitted from Irish and enrolling early at Florida. ****....let the exodus begin. If Kelly comes back, he's basically shooting himself in the nuts by hiking his skirt up for Philly.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #2198
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,997

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Who is Big 6?
OLB Matthew Thomas.....I will post a highlight video later.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #2199
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
OLB Matthew Thomas.....I will post a highlight video later.
Do it. I want to see how good he is going to look as a Seminole.

Recruiting off the chain.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #2200
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,894
Default

Oregon #1
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Denver Broncos