The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Eddie Lacy

So after watching last night's BCS Championship it just solidified in my mind that Eddie Lacy is an absolute BEAST!

The guy is 6'0" 240 lbs and runs a 4.44 40 yd dash.

As I was watching the game I noticed his quickness and agility for a player of that size, and our very own Terrell Davis even tweeted out that "Lacy has one of the best jump cuts I've seen in awhile." (follow me at @Nickstixx if interested)
I have not yet looked at any "pro scout" Big Boards, but I heard before last nights game that Lacy was the 6th best RB coming out. Which to me seems absurd, but if so that means he should be there at pick 32.

What are your guys thoughts on picking him? I am ALL for it! This dude would look GREAT in Blue and Orange.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

For the kind of offense the Broncos play, I like Stepfan Taylor of Stanford. He does everything well.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
For the kind of offense the Broncos play, I like Stepfan Taylor of Stanford. He does everything well.
I fail to see how Lacy doesn't fit with what the Broncos like to do in the running game. Especially on a John Fox team.
We have to remember that we are not going to have this Manning type offense a few years from now.

To be fair, I have not studied much tape on Lacy to see his pass blocking... and it looks like the Broncos didn't do that with Ronnie Hillman either. But I just can't see how Eddie Lacy doesn't fit on all 32 teams in the NFL. A 240 pound 4.4 guy with agility and power seems like a guy that would have it all too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Unless you plan on starting him full-time off the rip, I don't see us going RB in #1 -- and I doubt Lacy will be at our selection. Knowshon has earned himself another year, we traded up high into the third for Hillman and McGahee probably has one more year left in him. This isn't a knock on Lacy, but I just don't see the PRESSING NEED for a RB that early, considering other areas which are clearly deficient on the team.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Unless you plan on starting him full-time off the rip, I don't see us going RB in #1 -- and I doubt Lacy will be at our selection. Knowshon has earned himself another year, we traded up high into the third for Hillman and McGahee probably has one more year left in him. This isn't a knock on Lacy, but I just don't see the PRESSING NEED for a RB that early, considering other areas which are clearly deficient on the team.
I will agree that Knowshon has earned himself another year at least. I think Mcgahee could be done... the risk of him getting hurt has to be high. Ronnie Hillman, as much as I was really hoping he would be a great steal for us in the 3rd round. It looks like he just can't grasp being able to pass block, and as long as that issue is there he won't be playing. I would be surprised to see Hillman play in these playoffs unless injury occurs to Moreno, Ball, or Hester.

I also agree that we do have pressing needs at MLB, DT, Center/Guard, and CB. But I hope we will go with Best Player available instead of draft for need.
I guess I just really like the way he runs, and I think he is going to be a star in the NFL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
I fail to see how Lacy doesn't fit with what the Broncos like to do in the running game. Especially on a John Fox team.
We have to remember that we are not going to have this Manning type offense a few years from now.

To be fair, I have not studied much tape on Lacy to see his pass blocking... and it looks like the Broncos didn't do that with Ronnie Hillman either. But I just can't see how Eddie Lacy doesn't fit on all 32 teams in the NFL. A 240 pound 4.4 guy with agility and power seems like a guy that would have it all too.
Lacy isn't anywhere near being a 4.4 guy. That said I'd be be perfectly happy if the Broncos draft him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,113
Default

This guy in the 3rd.


Or this guy in the 3rd
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Lacy ran a 4.44 at the HC combine I would be shocked if he got way slower then that in a few years of college.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,703
Default

I'm going to be really curious to see how high in the 1st Round Lacy goes. I think he has a shot to go in the top 20 picks. His jump cut and spin move are elite. He has perfect size and excellent balance. He's tough. He has decent hands. If he can run in the 4.4s, he's going to be a prototype RB prospect. There are some fans on the Cardinals boards talking about him in the Top 10, which is pretty extreme, but maybe. I think more realistically he comes into play at 17 to the Steelers, 21 to the Bengals, 24 to Indy, and no later than Green Bay in the Mid-Late 20s.

Of course, he has to declare first...
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I'm going to be really curious to see how high in the 1st Round Lacy goes. I think he has a shot to go in the top 20 picks. His jump cut and spin move are elite. He has perfect size and excellent balance. He's tough. He has decent hands. If he can run in the 4.4s, he's going to be a prototype RB prospect. There are some fans on the Cardinals boards talking about him in the Top 10, which is pretty extreme, but maybe. I think more realistically he comes into play at 17 to the Steelers, 21 to the Bengals, 24 to Indy, and no later than Green Bay in the Mid-Late 20s.

Of course, he has to declare first...
Yeah, after what he has shown this whole year, and especially in that national championship game, I would agree that he will probably be going earlier... I mean if I was picking at even 13 or so I would take him. He is going to be an elite player. I think he can be just as good or better than Trent Richardson. Maybe not as strong, but like both you and I mentioned his jump cut, spin, and just pure vision running the ball is GREAT! If by chance he is there at 32, Denver would be dumb to pass on him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Lacy isn't anywhere near being a 4.4 guy. That said I'd be be perfectly happy if the Broncos draft him.
Lol I can't wait for the combine to prove I am right. Dude has wheels especially for his size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
Lol I can't wait for the combine to prove I am right. Dude has wheels especially for his size.
Every scouting site I see projects his 40 time in the 4.5's, and just watching him play I don't believe he's a 4.4 guy for one second. And if he does somehow run in the 4.4's we have zero shot at him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Draft him. Moreno and McGahee can't be counted on.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm all for it... unless we can get a safety that understands how to play over the top coverage with 30 seconds left in the game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #15
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Not a big fan of Alabama running backs. I would rather try and get lattimore or khile in the later rounds. Could pay off
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #16
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 14,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

HB is deep this year. There is a good mix of scat, mid-size and big backs in the draft. I'd like to find a snowplow similar to P. Hillis who can convert some tough yardage situations but has soft hands. Would be nice to find one of these cheap game breakers that Houston did in Foster or Washington did with Morris.

Seniors:
1. Montae Ball - UW
2. Andrae Ellington - Clemson
3. Stephan Taylor - Stanford
4. James Franklin - UCLA
5. Mike Gillislee - UF
6. Kenjon Barner - Oregon
7. Christine Michael - aTm

Juniors
1. Eddie Lacey - Bama
2. Joseph Randle - Ok State
3. Marcus Lattimore - uSC
4. Le'Veon Bell - MSU
5. Silas Redd - USC
6. Cierre Wood - Notre Dame

Sophomores
1. Giovani Bernard - (Reminds me of Hillman w/ better hands)
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

My good friend who is a big Bama fan says that Lacy is ranked as the #6 RB in this draft. I mean if that's the case, then this draft is DEEP! I know Montee Ball has looked good in Wisconsin, Kenjon Barner has wheels for sure. But the combination of size and speed that Lacy obtains, is probably second to none. Maybe Lattimore is up there, but the knee worries me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 966
Default

Christine Michael anyone? Dude got overlooked because of the QB, but he has great tools.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #19
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,113
Default

This is why Eddie Lacy looks so good.
Basically he has an NFL calibur O-line in front of him.

Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
Height: 6-5. Weight: 311.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2013): 1.
1/5/13: Jones' best position for the NFL is probably center, but he also has the ability to play guard after being a standout at guard as a freshman and sophomore. Having played left tackle as a junior and, now, center as senior, Jones is the rare lineman who can play any position on the offensive line.

After playing well against LSU, Jones had a lot of problems against Texas A&M. He was beaten repeatedly by an undersized, speedy defensive tackle. Jones made up for it in the SEC Championship against Georgia. After a few rough plays in the first half, Jones was phenomenal in the second half. He dominated nose tackle Kwame Geathers as Alabama's run game ran wild over the Bulldogs. Jones also had success against massive nose tackle John Jenkins.

Jones had a harder time with Mississippi State compared to other teams he has played against this season. Heavy defensive tackle Dewayne Cherrington was a challenge for Jones and guard Chance Warmack. Jones had a good game overall, but wasn't as overwhelming as he has been in other games.

Jones played well against Missouri. He opened up holes for Eddie Lacy to have a huge day and was excellent in pass protection. When going against talented defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, Jones had success. The senior also had a superb outing against Arkansas. He dominated the Razorbacks on the ground and in pass blocking.

Jones had an excellent debut at center in the 2012 season opener against Michigan. He looked so natural, one would think he has played the position for years. Jones was superb in the ground game opening up holes and hitting combo blocks. He was rock solid in pass protection, too.

The intelligent Jones has been great at making the line calls to set protections and blocking schemes.

8/24/12: Jones had a tremendous season at left tackle last year and it has really elevated his draft stock. In his biggest test of 2011, Tbe junior faced his biggest test of facing LSU in the regular season. He played very well before sustaining an ankle injury in the second half. Early in the evening, Jones was doing a phenomenal job of run blocking for Trent Richardson, and Alabama had a lot of success running behind Jones. He also wasn't getting - or needing - any help with LSU's speed-rushers on the edge, and Jones was rock solid not allowing a sack or pressure. He had another good game in the National Championship

Jones only moved to left tackle in 2011 after playing guard the previous two years. His transisition was flawless. He did a fabulous job of run blocking for Trent Richardson, and was equally good in pass protection. Jones is an intelligent player who has the physical tools to be effective.

Interestingly, Alabama has moved the senior to center for 2012. He is extremely smart and versatile. It will be interesting to see where Jones plays in the NFL, but he definitely could play guard.

Jones started 14 games at guard in 2009 as a redshirt freshman and Ingram ran his way to a Heisman. Jones stayed at right guard and started 11 games there in 2010. He was named as a First-Team All-SEC selection last season.

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
Height: 6-3. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Projected Round (2013): Top 25.
1/5/12: Warmack has put together a strong 2012. He was dominant against Michigan in Alabama's first game of 2012. The senior blasted open running holes and did well in pass protection.

Warmack was very impressive versus Arkansas, Missouri and Tennessee. Like center Barrett Jones, Warmack had more struggles against Mississippi State. He had a strong game though versus LSU's standout defensive tackles.

Warmack had a tough test with Georgia's massive defensive tackle John Jenkins in the SEC Championship game. Jenkins beat Warmack for a sack, and some other good plays in the first half. Warmack had a big second half as Alabama rolled over the Bulldogs.

Warmack has had a great senior year.

8/24/12: Chance Warmack enters his senior season having started two seasons at guard for the Crimson Tide. He is a powerful road grader who did an excellent job of opening up holes for the Alabama running game in 2011. The senior could see his stock rise over the 2012 season.

Warmack played better in the rematch against LSU than he did in the regular season contest last year. As long as Warmack stays healthy, he should be a high second-day pick if not sneak into the first round like Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler did last April.


D.J. Fluker*, OT/G, Alabama
Height: 6-6. Weight: 335.
Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
Projected Round (2013): 2.
1/5/13: Fluker's stock has fallen this season. He was beaten for two sacks against Western Kentucky and allowed other pass pressures. Fluker also allowed heat on the quarterback when Alabama played Michigan.

The pass-protection issues continued in other games. Missouri's Sheldon Richardson beat him for a sack, as did some defenders from Mississippi State. Fluker's run blocking has been awesome, but his pass blocking has been a liability.

Fluker stepped up with a good game against LSU defensive end Barkevious Mingo. Fluker did a good job of keeping Mingo from getting pressure or any sacks. That performance could help him to stay at right tackle. Fluker had success as a run-blocker against Georgia. Some NFL teams will probably want him to move to guard.

8/23/12: Fluker was real force at right tackle for Alabama in 2011. He was a strong run-blocker who paved the way for Trent Richardson. Fluker looks like he could be an instant starter at right tackle in the NFL and is a natural at the position. Fluker has been a dominant force in the SEC the past two seasons. He is athletic as a pass-protector, and a bulldozer as a run-blocker.

If Fluker has another good season, one would expect him to leave for the NFL given the three years of standout play on his resume.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #20
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
This is why Eddie Lacy looks so good.
Basically he has an NFL calibur O-line in front of him.

Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
Height: 6-5. Weight: 311.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2013): 1.
1/5/13: Jones' best position for the NFL is probably center, but he also has the ability to play guard after being a standout at guard as a freshman and sophomore. Having played left tackle as a junior and, now, center as senior, Jones is the rare lineman who can play any position on the offensive line.

After playing well against LSU, Jones had a lot of problems against Texas A&M. He was beaten repeatedly by an undersized, speedy defensive tackle. Jones made up for it in the SEC Championship against Georgia. After a few rough plays in the first half, Jones was phenomenal in the second half. He dominated nose tackle Kwame Geathers as Alabama's run game ran wild over the Bulldogs. Jones also had success against massive nose tackle John Jenkins.

Jones had a harder time with Mississippi State compared to other teams he has played against this season. Heavy defensive tackle Dewayne Cherrington was a challenge for Jones and guard Chance Warmack. Jones had a good game overall, but wasn't as overwhelming as he has been in other games.

Jones played well against Missouri. He opened up holes for Eddie Lacy to have a huge day and was excellent in pass protection. When going against talented defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, Jones had success. The senior also had a superb outing against Arkansas. He dominated the Razorbacks on the ground and in pass blocking.

Jones had an excellent debut at center in the 2012 season opener against Michigan. He looked so natural, one would think he has played the position for years. Jones was superb in the ground game opening up holes and hitting combo blocks. He was rock solid in pass protection, too.

The intelligent Jones has been great at making the line calls to set protections and blocking schemes.

8/24/12: Jones had a tremendous season at left tackle last year and it has really elevated his draft stock. In his biggest test of 2011, Tbe junior faced his biggest test of facing LSU in the regular season. He played very well before sustaining an ankle injury in the second half. Early in the evening, Jones was doing a phenomenal job of run blocking for Trent Richardson, and Alabama had a lot of success running behind Jones. He also wasn't getting - or needing - any help with LSU's speed-rushers on the edge, and Jones was rock solid not allowing a sack or pressure. He had another good game in the National Championship

Jones only moved to left tackle in 2011 after playing guard the previous two years. His transisition was flawless. He did a fabulous job of run blocking for Trent Richardson, and was equally good in pass protection. Jones is an intelligent player who has the physical tools to be effective.

Interestingly, Alabama has moved the senior to center for 2012. He is extremely smart and versatile. It will be interesting to see where Jones plays in the NFL, but he definitely could play guard.

Jones started 14 games at guard in 2009 as a redshirt freshman and Ingram ran his way to a Heisman. Jones stayed at right guard and started 11 games there in 2010. He was named as a First-Team All-SEC selection last season.

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
Height: 6-3. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Projected Round (2013): Top 25.
1/5/12: Warmack has put together a strong 2012. He was dominant against Michigan in Alabama's first game of 2012. The senior blasted open running holes and did well in pass protection.

Warmack was very impressive versus Arkansas, Missouri and Tennessee. Like center Barrett Jones, Warmack had more struggles against Mississippi State. He had a strong game though versus LSU's standout defensive tackles.

Warmack had a tough test with Georgia's massive defensive tackle John Jenkins in the SEC Championship game. Jenkins beat Warmack for a sack, and some other good plays in the first half. Warmack had a big second half as Alabama rolled over the Bulldogs.

Warmack has had a great senior year.

8/24/12: Chance Warmack enters his senior season having started two seasons at guard for the Crimson Tide. He is a powerful road grader who did an excellent job of opening up holes for the Alabama running game in 2011. The senior could see his stock rise over the 2012 season.

Warmack played better in the rematch against LSU than he did in the regular season contest last year. As long as Warmack stays healthy, he should be a high second-day pick if not sneak into the first round like Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler did last April.


D.J. Fluker*, OT/G, Alabama
Height: 6-6. Weight: 335.
Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
Projected Round (2013): 2.
1/5/13: Fluker's stock has fallen this season. He was beaten for two sacks against Western Kentucky and allowed other pass pressures. Fluker also allowed heat on the quarterback when Alabama played Michigan.

The pass-protection issues continued in other games. Missouri's Sheldon Richardson beat him for a sack, as did some defenders from Mississippi State. Fluker's run blocking has been awesome, but his pass blocking has been a liability.

Fluker stepped up with a good game against LSU defensive end Barkevious Mingo. Fluker did a good job of keeping Mingo from getting pressure or any sacks. That performance could help him to stay at right tackle. Fluker had success as a run-blocker against Georgia. Some NFL teams will probably want him to move to guard.

8/23/12: Fluker was real force at right tackle for Alabama in 2011. He was a strong run-blocker who paved the way for Trent Richardson. Fluker looks like he could be an instant starter at right tackle in the NFL and is a natural at the position. Fluker has been a dominant force in the SEC the past two seasons. He is athletic as a pass-protector, and a bulldozer as a run-blocker.

If Fluker has another good season, one would expect him to leave for the NFL given the three years of standout play on his resume.
Yeah... I agree. But he will also have an NFL caliber O-line in front of him in Denver if it were to happen. I understand that those 3 guys you mentioned are probably all first round picks. I just think that Lacy posseses all the attributes you want in a RB. Imagine having him and Hillman in the future... our own Smash and Dash, Thunder and Lightning. And the thing is that Lacy isn't slow either!
If we had Lacy, then I think we could finally use Hillman like we should be, and that is in the Darren Sproles type role. Quick pitches, screen passes etc...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
Yeah... I agree. But he will also have an NFL caliber O-line in front of him in Denver if it were to happen. I understand that those 3 guys you mentioned are probably all first round picks. I just think that Lacy posseses all the attributes you want in a RB. Imagine having him and Hillman in the future... our own Smash and Dash, Thunder and Lightning. And the thing is that Lacy isn't slow either!
If we had Lacy, then I think we could finally use Hillman like we should be, and that is in the Darren Sproles type role. Quick pitches, screen passes etc...
Hey i think Lacy could be a really good Rb in the NFL.
Not knocking him at all.
However DEN in the offense it runs, just doesnt need a Lacy type of runner.
DEN needs a runner exactly like Slowshon, but with out the injuires and lack of speed/vision.
Stephan Taylor STAN is the exact perfect RB for the DEN offense.
A talented inside/outside RB, but he is also an excellent pass catching RB, and is excellent at blocking. That is what DEN needs.
Taylor has some very good O-linemen in front of him as well, but its his play recognition and pass blocking along with his $$$$ hands, catching the football out of the backfield, that puts him into a pefect fit with DEN.
Again, i like Lacy, but he is missing the specific skill-set that DEN is looking for in a RB i think. Just my 2 cents man.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #22
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Hey i think Lacy could be a really good Rb in the NFL.
Not knocking him at all.
However DEN in the offense it runs, just doesnt need a Lacy type of runner.
DEN needs a runner exactly like Slowshon, but with out the injuires and lack of speed/vision.
Stephan Taylor STAN is the exact perfect RB for the DEN offense.
A talented inside/outside RB, but he is also an excellent pass catching RB, and is excellent at blocking. That is what DEN needs.
Taylor has some very good O-linemen in front of him as well, but its his play recognition and pass blocking along with his $$$$ hands, catching the football out of the backfield, that puts him into a pefect fit with DEN.
Again, i like Lacy, but he is missing the specific skill-set that DEN is looking for in a RB i think. Just my 2 cents man.
Ok, I looked up Taylor's stats to compare them with Lacy for this last year. I think it will be best to go off of average yards since Lacy was sharing time with Yeldon in Bama.
Taylor - 4.8 yds/rush, 13 TD (322 attempts) 7.0 yds/rec, 2 TD (41 rec)
Lacy - 6.5 yds/rush, 17 TD (204 attempts) 8.6 yds/rec, 2 TD (22 rec)

So, yeah I guess Taylor can catch the ball more often, but I wouldn't say that makes him more valuable in our offense than a guy like Lacy, who may not catch as much, but still can. We all know how Fox likes to run the rock.... sigh.
So I would think we need a more beefier guy like Lacy. If we took Taylor in the late 2nd or 3rd that would be fine though. I wouldn't be unhappy with that selection at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #23
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
Ok, I looked up Taylor's stats to compare them with Lacy for this last year. I think it will be best to go off of average yards since Lacy was sharing time with Yeldon in Bama.
Taylor - 4.8 yds/rush, 13 TD (322 attempts) 7.0 yds/rec, 2 TD (41 rec)
Lacy - 6.5 yds/rush, 17 TD (204 attempts) 8.6 yds/rec, 2 TD (22 rec)

So, yeah I guess Taylor can catch the ball more often, but I wouldn't say that makes him more valuable in our offense than a guy like Lacy, who may not catch as much, but still can. We all know how Fox likes to run the rock.... sigh.
So I would think we need a more beefier guy like Lacy. If we took Taylor in the late 2nd or 3rd that would be fine though. I wouldn't be unhappy with that selection at all.
And how is Lacy's numbers catching for his career?
Taylor for the last 3! years has averaged basically what you have for just his last year!!! He does that every year.
Taylor has proven over an entire 3 year period that hes a very good pass catching RB, who is also very good in pass protect, blocking.
I am not saying Lacy isnt good, but hes not really molded for the DEN offense.
Maybe Fox could mold him to fit here. Who knows!?!?
He would fit in great in MIN, HOU or STL though.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #24
NickStixx
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Lol well I guess in Bama when you have Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, and Julio Jones as an underclassmen it's more difficult to get some numbers. And when you have the WR's Bama has, I would guess they don't pass to RB's much except for check down routes.
I don't understand what you mean by Lacy not being molded for Denvers offense... Are you saying we couldn't use a powerful RB with some quick cuts and speed?? Cause if so, I'm not sure what we DO need then? Another small Hillman type back? I just don't get it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #25
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
Lol well I guess in Bama when you have Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, and Julio Jones as an underclassmen it's more difficult to get some numbers. And when you have the WR's Bama has, I would guess they don't pass to RB's much except for check down routes.
I don't understand what you mean by Lacy not being molded for Denvers offense... Are you saying we couldn't use a powerful RB with some quick cuts and speed?? Cause if so, I'm not sure what we DO need then? Another small Hillman type back? I just don't get it.
Kinda lends to what i am trying to politely say.
So Ingram, Richardson have had incredible success in Bama behind that same line.
Gee, i wonder if Taylor or Gillisee or Franklin or any number of college RBs would have the same success too.
I would bet yeah.
But some of these college RBs have a proven 2-3 year skill set that Lacy doesnt have that just so happens to be tailored to DEN offense.
Yeah, i am sure Lacy could learn it, but hes no better a pure RB or has he even proven to be with just one year of running behind a mammoth Natl Champ line to justify taking him so high, and when theres others that are just as good, if not possibly better.
Lacy could be just as good as Taylor. Maybe.
But that doesnt mean take him in the 1st round. Thats crazy.
How is Ingram doing? Injured all the time and a bag of mixed, not too impressive results, condering he was a 1st rounder.
Richardson? Again, injured alot, and a bag of mixed results. 1st rounder.
CLE sure could of used a sure fire player there.
Hows Ryan Mathews doin in SD? (fart noise)
How bout Alfred Morris in WASH? Huh. 6th round pick a billion yards, and up for OROY
How bout that guy in HOU? Arian foster? 6th round pick, up for MVP..again.
Terrell Davis 6th round
Frank Gore 3rd round
Michael Turner 5th round
Ray rice 2nd round
Matt Forte 2nd round

Just sayin dude.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Denver Broncos