The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #26
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
False. He plays at the LOS. So his sack totals are always higher. His deflections are swats at the line. Miller isn't even rushing every down and has to play in coverage. He also has more forced fumbles and has scored TD's. Advantage Miller.

I am 90% sure they are going to vote for Watt, but I think Miller is the more complete player.

What are your awards? List them or face my biceps!
Dude... you're being completely obtuse about this. Watt's season has been, imo, the best defensive season in NFL history. He's an interior rusher with over 20 sacks ffs!

It's comparable to Vickerson having 20.5 sacks! Would you think someone like Cameron Wake deserves the award over that?

I'll write up an awards section when Im done listening.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #27
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Watt moves outside quite a bit. He's not a strict DT. I never said Watt sucks, either. I clearly state I think either one is qualified.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #28
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Watt moves outside quite a bit. He's not a strict DT. I never said Watt sucks, either. I clearly state I think either one is qualified.
Oh I understand. I'm just illustrating it with that Vickerson 20+ sacks vs Cameron Wake with 19, you'd be going berserk in the exact opposite direction.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #29
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Oh I understand. I'm just illustrating it with that Vickerson 20+ sacks vs Cameron Wake with 19, you'd be going berserk in the exact opposite direction.
Only because Kevin Vickerson having 20 sacks would prove I was actually in a Romulan holodek being tricked into giving Federation secrets away.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #30
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Broncos Awards-

Broncos MVP:
Peyton

Runner Up:
Von Miller

MVB Offense:
Peyton
Demaryius
Clady
Beadles
Decker

MVB Defense:
Miller
Woodyard
Bailey
Elvis
Harris

Most Improved:
Demaryius

Broncos COY:
JDR

Unsung hero:
Vickerson and Bannan. Solid year from our starting DT combo.

League awards-

MVP:
Peyton - though if I weren't a Bronco fan, I'd probably vote Watt

OPOY:
Adrian Peterson

DPOY:
JJ Watt

Combackplayer:
WhoGivesA****

COY:
Chuck Pagano/Bruce Arians

ROY:
RGIII

OROY:
Luck

DROY:
Jenkins
Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #31
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Excellent point on the differences between this and the 96 team.

...and SoCal really hit that karma on the head,
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #32
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Broncos Awards-

Broncos MVP:
Peyton

Runner Up:
Von Miller

MVB Offense:
Peyton
Demaryius
Clady
Beadles
Decker

MVB Defense:
Miller
Woodyard
Bailey
Elvis
Harris

Most Improved:
Demaryius

Broncos COY:
JDR

Unsung hero:
Vickerson and Bannan. Solid year from our starting DT combo.

League awards-

MVP:
Peyton - though if I weren't a Bronco fan, I'd probably vote Watt

OPOY:
Adrian Peterson

DPOY:
JJ Watt

Combackplayer:
WhoGivesA****

COY:
Chuck Pagano/Bruce Arians

ROY:
RGIII

OROY:
Luck

DROY:
Jenkins
That is a really good list. Granted I have not seen Jenkins play hardly at all, but at least he was only suspended a little this year!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #33
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
That is a really good list. Granted I have not seen Jenkins play hardly at all, but at least he was only suspended a little this year!
It hurts seeing that much talent paired with that much stupidity.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #34
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
It hurts seeing that much talent paired with that much stupidity.
Totally agree. However the CB depth in this last draft was amazing.

You hammered it with Jenkins and Hayward who you drafted right in front of me. We both liked those guys on field, even though we totally differ on whether we would take a chance on Jenkins at all.

I also found a couple of gems in Josh Norman and Jeremy Lane. Norman started 12 games and played fairly well this year for a rookie CB. Jeremy lane started over Trufant down the stretch when Browner got suspended for SEA. My other CB Ron Brooks got IR'd in TC, but I think he will be OK for Camp next year.

I think there are even more CB's who will be impact players and starters from this draft, but that is another discussion.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #35
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
There was plenty of hand-wringing from Taco.
Putting the mistakes aside, I'd like to hear someone put together a logical argument based on emperical data or analysis that would show how Baltimore can come into Denver and beat Manning

Good luck. Mostly all the worry warts are just that. Worrying about the weather, about turnovers thats about it

Bring on Ray Lewis and his crusty old arm brace and old legs. I'm not falling into this OMG something wierd can happen so Denver will lose the game
Old 01-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #36
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tend to agree with Rev on the Watt thing, while Von doesn't get to rush every down he also gets some favourable match-ups due to the fact that teams aren't sure whether he's coming or not.

Also Khan you seem to be implying that Watt batting passes down at the line is just him being lucky, which I think is nuts. Especially when you said on the podcast that Miller scores touchdowns and Watt doesn't, while in truth Von's TD this year came on a pass where the QB was hit as he threw and didn't get his throw out properly. It wasn't like he made some amazing read and stepped into a throwing lane, if Freeman gets a clean pass out it probably goes nowhere near Miller.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #37
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Only because Kevin Vickerson having 20 sacks would prove I was actually in a Romulan holodek being tricked into giving Federation secrets away.
A better comparison would have been Spock seducing a female Romulan Commander after pretending to kill Kirk with the Vulcan Death Grip allowing Kirk to steal the Romulan cloaking device and giving Scotty 15 minutes to hook it up to the Enterprise so they could book on out of there.

I never figured out why they had the Romulan's in Klingon ships in that episode, I thought the Romulan warbirds were cool just as they were.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #38
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
ROY:
RGIII
A valid argument could be made for Russell Wilson for ROY... IMHO. Especially if the Seachickens manage a win over the team with the best record in the league this weekend.

Sure, Luck and RGIII are the "sexy" choices, but being drafted #1 and #2 overall, the expectations were totally different for them than they were for Wilson. And Wilson had to compete for the starting job vs a highly-hyped FA (Flynn).
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #39
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Tend to agree with Rev on the Watt thing, while Von doesn't get to rush every down he also gets some favourable match-ups due to the fact that teams aren't sure whether he's coming or not.

Also Khan you seem to be implying that Watt batting passes down at the line is just him being lucky, which I think is nuts. Especially when you said on the podcast that Miller scores touchdowns and Watt doesn't, while in truth Von's TD this year came on a pass where the QB was hit as he threw and didn't get his throw out properly. It wasn't like he made some amazing read and stepped into a throwing lane, if Freeman gets a clean pass out it probably goes nowhere near Miller.
I have to agree with Rev about Watt too. Miller was ****ing epic this season, but Watt's was fairly historic and he, like Miller, was a constant disrupter. I don't think they are far apart, and obviously they arent an apples to apples comparison, but if i had to pick one, its watt.

But as for Watt being the MVP, i couldnt disagree more. I still think its Peyton and no one should be close. You see how much difference one person made to the culture of the team and the product on the field. The point differential, the style of play, the constantly motivated and efficient product....its all starts with Peyton. Sure, you could probably say the same about Brady and Rogers, but Peyton had to do this with a different team and city. An epic year.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #40
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Totally agree. However the CB depth in this last draft was amazing.

You hammered it with Jenkins and Hayward who you drafted right in front of me. We both liked those guys on field, even though we totally differ on whether we would take a chance on Jenkins at all.

I also found a couple of gems in Josh Norman and Jeremy Lane. Norman started 12 games and played fairly well this year for a rookie CB. Jeremy lane started over Trufant down the stretch when Browner got suspended for SEA. My other CB Ron Brooks got IR'd in TC, but I think he will be OK for Camp next year.

I think there are even more CB's who will be impact players and starters from this draft, but that is another discussion.
I was the one who moved up for Hayward.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: