The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,643
Default Al Gore made 298 million dollars since he lost to Bush Jr.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/al-gore-ric...165155218.html


ost-vice presidential life has been very good to Al Gore.

Thanks to the $500 million sale of his liberal news station Current TV to Al Jazeera this month, Gore now has a personal fortune of $300 million, Forbes magazine estimates. That puts him ahead of Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney, whose estimated $230 million left him vulnerable to charges that he was out of touch with the common man.

The financial publication ascribes Gore's wealth to a series of savvy investments that substantially multiplied the $2 million he listed as assets when he ran and lost the presidential race to George W. Bush in 2000.

From his reported 20 percent share of Current, Gore will receive a $100 million pre-tax payday. But that's not the only evidence of his golden touch. Forbes notes that Gore holds more than $35 million in stock and options through his work as a board member of Apple and could have received a hefty compensation package from his stint as a senior adviser on environmental issues to Google, which started before the search giant went public.


Awesome way to make that money Manbearpig.

Last edited by cutthemdown; 01-09-2013 at 04:25 PM..
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Gore is a clown. For the liberals to even claim this guy shows how stupid they are. More rich than Romney now. But it's ok if their guy is rich.


****in pussies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I don't remember who it was that said it but the difference between a rich Democrat & a rich rethug is that a rich Democrat will vote against his own interest for the betterment of the country.

I have no problem with dems/libs being rich.

Last edited by peacepipe; 01-09-2013 at 07:48 PM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,643
Default

making 298 million in that short of time is pretty ****ing amazing.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,643
Default

He wrote some stupid books about manbearpig and boom 300 million.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,643
Default

I want to see Gore invest 150 million of his own money into a solar enegry venture. But.....he wouldnt do it that way. He would invest maybe 3 million then lobby the govt for subsidies on tax, and a 200 million dollar loan from uncle sam.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I want to see Gore invest 150 million of his own money into a solar enegry venture. But.....he wouldnt do it that way. He would invest maybe 3 million then lobby the govt for subsidies on tax, and a 200 million dollar loan from uncle sam.
I thought you Republican turds were all about making good business decisions?

And since when did it become wrong to ask the government for money when they're offering it? Hell, your boy Paul Ryan did it AFTER voting against the stimulus. Then he did it again the other day with 66 of his fellow turds, voting against Hurricane Sandy relief (after asking for relief in his own state after a flood).

You should be worshiping Al Gore.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,643
Default

We love making money and Gore did well. We tip our hat to him. It's all his liberal followers that got fooled into making him rich we are laughing at.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I thought you Republican turds were all about making good business decisions?

And since when did it become wrong to ask the government for money when they're offering it? Hell, your boy Paul Ryan did it AFTER voting against the stimulus. Then he did it again the other day with 66 of his fellow turds, voting against Hurricane Sandy relief (after asking for relief in his own state after a flood).

You should be worshiping Al Gore.
Also this sounds a bit like you don't think investing into solar power with his 100's of millions would be a good idea Houghtam. Finally you are right solar is a loser and a horrible investment.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:06 AM   #10
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,824
Default

The obsession by some righties regarding Al Gore is amusing.

We all know that without Al Gore, there is no manmade global warming.

Right, boys?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #11
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Gore is a clown. For the liberals to even claim this guy shows how stupid they are. More rich than Romney now. But it's ok if their guy is rich.


****in pussies.
Goddamn, you are stupid.

The issue is not making money. The issue is making money and then trying to write the tax code so that you actually pay a lower percentage of taxes than people making many times less. Like Romney thinking it's fine that he only pays 15% in taxes when others making far less pay twice that rate. I don't recall Gore ever championing such tax policies.

So, to recap: making a lot of money is great. Paying a lower tax rate than people making much less (and championing such policies), not great. Is that simple enough for you and cutthemdown, or do you dumb bastards need it written out in crayon?

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 01-10-2013 at 07:40 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #12
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
The obsession by some righties regarding Al Gore is amusing.

We all know that without Al Gore, there is no manmade global warming.

Right, boys?
That's the pitiful thing. These stupid bastards think that discrediting Al Gore somehow discredits the science of climate change. It doesn't.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #13
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Also this sounds a bit like you don't think investing into solar power with his 100's of millions would be a good idea Houghtam. Finally you are right solar is a loser and a horrible investment.
No one invests hundreds of millions of their own money in anything, when they only have hundreds of millions of dollars.

Are you willing to invest $50,000 of your own money in...well...anything?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #14
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
No one invests hundreds of millions of their own money in anything, when they only have hundreds of millions of dollars.

Are you willing to invest $50,000 of your own money in...well...anything?
Cut is a musician, he probably gots 50k in equipment for sure.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
No one invests hundreds of millions of their own money in anything, when they only have hundreds of millions of dollars.

Are you willing to invest $50,000 of your own money in...well...anything?
Happens all the time. Small business owners often risk it all to start a business.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Happens all the time. Small business owners often risk it all to start a business.
Investing a huge portion of your own wealth on your own business venture is not comparable to investing a huge portion of your own wealth in someone else's business venture.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Cut is a musician, he probably gots 50k in equipment for sure.
yeah buts thats more like buying drugs then investing.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Denver Broncos