The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #26
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
McGhaee will come back for the AFC Championship game and Denver's one two punch will be very good.
Do you think it's possible that we could see some 2 back sets with both guys healthy and playing well. I mean, both run pretty good they run hard. They block very well and pass catch pretty good also. Would be interesting to see if they did some stuff with that.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #27
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Do you think it's possible that we could see some 2 back sets with both guys healthy and playing well. I mean, both run pretty good they run hard. They block very well and pass catch pretty good also. Would be interesting to see if they did some stuff with that.
I think that's a good idea. They could really mix up some formations with all 3 guys, including Hillman.

I think they need to unleash some KM screens in the playoffs. KM has been really good with them. Maybe some PA fake to WM/screen to KM. That would be pretty sweet.

Only thing that worries me is WM's fumbles. I'd be so pissed if we went out because of some stupid fumbles. And that's all that I see in my head when thinking about WM running the ball.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #28
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Perfect example of somebody not reading through the thread. This was already said just the 2 posts down from OP.
Next time, I'll make sure I waste 10 minutes of my life reading thru the crap people post here....
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:16 AM   #29
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by comoose00 View Post
Something has been bothering me lately. I keep hearing how KM has fumbling issues and I do not understand were this perception came from.

KM has had 7 fumbles in his career
WM has had 8 since becoming a Bronco

I really do feel people will look for anything to attack him cause he was drafted by McDummy.
WM and KM are basically the same player . (WM knows how to pass block better)
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:34 AM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
I think that's a good idea. They could really mix up some formations with all 3 guys, including Hillman.

I think they need to unleash some KM screens in the playoffs. KM has been really good with them. Maybe some PA fake to WM/screen to KM. That would be pretty sweet.

Only thing that worries me is WM's fumbles. I'd be so pissed if we went out because of some stupid fumbles. And that's all that I see in my head when thinking about WM running the ball.
The Hester inside handoffs that have went for TDs are a great thing. IMO it sets up an outside pitch to Moreno in the playoffs. Hester scores a few more of those, or maybe he already has, and teams will start looking for that play when Broncos get inside the 5 yrd line. Hopefully we are saving some really nice redzone plays for the playoffs.

The one last week where manning threw the pick was sort of ugly though. I felt like Moreno just ran a docile ugly route instead of cutting across the face of his defender.

Who knows though maybe just a well defended play.

It all comes down to the redzone IMO. Broncos score when they get there and they have 30 points every game.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #31
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'd say Hillman may not see much action once playoffs start. Just my guess though. Rookies often hit a wall around now and I don't think he will be any kind of factor for the rest of this yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #32
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Moreno hasn't been a productive runner, in 590 carries as a Bronco he has 2400 rushing yards, 15 TDs and 9 fumbles.
I hope you meant to write "HAS" instead of "hasn't", because that's pretty solid production.....especially when you include his 843 receiving yards and 6 receiving TDs, which you conveniently left off (even though you counted ALL fumbles, even receiving ones).
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #33
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 View Post
He has almost done enough this season for me to stop calling him Slowshon, but not quite. He has 3 horrible bust seasons to make up for yet.
His rookie season, in 9 starts, he had 950 rushing yards and over 200 receiving with 9 TDs behind one of the worst OLines and schemes in NFL history. There is absolutely no way one could argue that it was a horrible bust season. Over half of all running backs that get drafted don't do that for a career. He did it in part time duty his rookie year.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #34
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

If I remember right Knowshown led all rookies in yardage his first year.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #35
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
He did.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #36
Butterscotch Stallion

Bust.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #37
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'd say Hillman may not see much action once playoffs start. Just my guess though. Rookies often hit a wall around now and I don't think he will be any kind of factor for the rest of this yr.
I actually think Hillman has been coming on pretty strong of late. I feel like he is showing more burst through the line, and is starting to run much less tentatively. We'll see, but I imagine he'll continue to see 5 - 10 touches per game in the playoffs. McGahee's return could definitely muddle things up. However, I get the feeling that if Moreno continues to play will, McGahee will not be rushed back for the playoffs.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #38
Boogerboots
Anytime now...

..just make the snow stop!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Larry Canada

Maybe its just me but when I see him carry the ball since his return, he reminds me of Tiki Barber after he changed the way he carried the ball to stop the fumble issues he had. It's higher and the ball is perpendicular to the ground.

Sauced is making the most of his chances, I just hope his play will continue on a gravy train ride to the super bowl.
Boogerboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #39
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
The number 12 SHOULD be able to break 2k in 5 games.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #40
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I was out of town and just got to watch the Browns game.

The flexibility that Moreno offers as both a move the chains runner, and a wideout cannot be underestimated. Willis just isnt the same receiving threat as Knowshon. He may not be spectacular, but definitely is looking like he can fill the multi-threat role better than any other back on our roster.

He still has a few issues with conditioning, and that is why I would love to see Willis back sometime during the playoffs. A fresh McGahee fighting for his spot (next year) could be a beautiful thing at just he right time.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #41
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
I actually think Hillman has been coming on pretty strong of late. I feel like he is showing more burst through the line, and is starting to run much less tentatively. We'll see, but I imagine he'll continue to see 5 - 10 touches per game in the playoffs. McGahee's return could definitely muddle things up. However, I get the feeling that if Moreno continues to play will, McGahee will not be rushed back for the playoffs.
He has and I'd attribute some of that to a more balanced distribution of carries. Lance Ball has had all of two touches since Moreno took over, while Hillman has gone form seeing one or two carries one week, 10 the next, to more like a consistent 5 carries a week.

Ball had been the receiving RB up to that point, taking a lot of obvious passing down work. Moreno being strongest in the passing game has had him consolidate those carries into one back, freeing up more run plays for Hillman. Its almost a 1:1 for Hillman's increased touches versus Ball's reduced touches, largely thanks to Moreno's utility knife toolbox.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #42
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I was out of town and just got to watch the Browns game.

The flexibility that Moreno offers as both a move the chains runner, and a wideout cannot be underestimated. Willis just isnt the same receiving threat as Knowshon. He may not be spectacular, but definitely is looking like he can fill the multi-threat role better than any other back on our roster.

He still has a few issues with conditioning, and that is why I would love to see Willis back sometime during the playoffs. A fresh McGahee fighting for his spot (next year) could be a beautiful thing at just he right time.

Couldn't agree more on the versatility of Moreno. He's always been the type of player that is the perfect fit for Manning's offense. So important that he his healed up and playing well with the improved attitude. So many things have gone right for this team. These are the synchronistic events you need to have happen in a season to get to play in the big game and win.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #43
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Mystery solved?

Quote:
What's going on with Knowshon Moreno and his shoes? I've never seen a player lose his shoe so often.
--Kal Arakawa, Denver

I just talked to Moreno about it. He says he has been fitted with cleats this year that are cut low on the back of his foot. He showed them to me and I mean they're cut right down to his heel.

He never had this problem before this season because he never wore this style of shoe. He does run well in them, otherwise. "I could tape them up," he said. "But I haven't done that yet. I'm thinking about it."
Read more: Broncos Mailbag: Peyton Manning, Denver should be concerned vs. Ravens - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmai...#ixzz2HUSWJHW1
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #44
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Mystery solved?

Read more: Broncos Mailbag: Peyton Manning, Denver should be concerned vs. Ravens - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmai...#ixzz2HUSWJHW1
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Two things I have a problem with there:

1. It HAS happened before this year.

2. If they're really cut that low, then why don't they just slip back on in a mili-second, like slippers? They clearly don't and he needs to come out every time it happens.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #45
TonyR
Franchise Poster

A lot of people give Hillman a pass because he's young. The article linked below reminded me that Knowshon was drafted after his sophomore year of college, so he came in fairly young and inexperienced as well.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...th-my-eyes-now
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #46
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
A lot of people give Hillman a pass because he's young. The article linked below reminded me that Knowshon was drafted after his sophomore year of college, so he came in fairly young and inexperienced as well.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...th-my-eyes-now
Exactly...he's a young guy, and seems to be more disciplined and is healthy.

He's rushed for 510 yards in his 6 starts (85 yards per start) and 155 receiving yards (26 yards per start) and even better hasn't fumbled once since week two.

He's been praised constantly by coaches and team mates alike...but it doesn't matter. short of pulling a Terrell Davis and running rampant thru the playoffs at a historical clip, he will always be maligned by narrow minded people who hate him solely because of where he was drafted and who drafted him (like either of those were his fault)
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #47
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Good Q&A with Knowshon at the team site.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #48
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

KM looks a lot bigger since he has come back, and obviously he is following blockers better. Always been a great receiver and solid pass blocker.

Never was a KM hater. The reality is he has run pretty well when 100% healthy, and he has not been 100% health very much over his career.

In my mind the big question is he just one of those players that gets injured a lot, or has he just been really unlucky?
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #49
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
KM looks a lot bigger since he has come back, and obviously he is following blockers better. Always been a great receiver and solid pass blocker.

Never was a KM hater. The reality is he has run pretty well when 100% healthy, and he has not been 100% health very much over his career.

In my mind the big question is he just one of those players that gets injured a lot, or has he just been really unlucky?
Could be a little of both....his career could end up similiar to Fred Taylor's, who was considered injury prone in his early years the Jax locals called him Fragile Fred, as he missed 24 of his first 64 games...but missed only 12 more over his next 7 seasons.

Knowshon might prove to be as good as originally advertised now that he's been humbled a bit.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #50
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post

I thought he looked like he put on some weight as well. I think him putting on the extra weight will help he stay healthier and be able to pound the rock 20+ times a game.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote