The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #76
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,038

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

heard on essspin that RG3 does have a tear, I think they said MCL but could be wrong...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #77
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
heard on essspin that RG3 does have a tear, I think they said MCL but could be wrong...
Report is LCL partial tear and POSSIBLY partial ACL tear. It seems that the reason he is going to see Andrews is that they have are having difficulty seeing if anything is wrong with his ACL due to his ACL injury from 2009 at Baylor.

They don't know how severe it is due to the previous ACL injury. He has 2 screws and a rubber band so I guess that's where James Andrews comes in on how to proceed with surgery/rehab, etc.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #78
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,768

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Report is LCL partial tear and POSSIBLY partial ACL tear. It seems that the reason he is going to see Andrews is that they have are having difficulty seeing if anything is wrong with his ACL due to his ACL injury from 2009 at Baylor.

They don't know how severe it is due to the previous ACL injury. He has 2 screws and a rubber band so I guess that's where James Andrews comes in on how to proceed with surgery/rehab, etc.
I heard that as well. That doesn't sound good.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #79
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I heard that as well. That doesn't sound good.
Not at all. I'm expecting real bad news. The one good thing is he never screamed in pain like peterson or derrick rose and kept coming back so that would make you think it's only partial but you never know.

Maybe Andrews tells him it will require reconstructing that same knee.

Really sounds bad, but maybe he will learn from this. He's a warrior and he feels invincible sometimes like all the super hero action figures in his locker room.

Maybe this will help him realize he is a very talented pocket passer and there is no need to gamble like Vick and Vince young. Slide, slide, slide. Use your rocket arm, accuracy, vision and great understanding of what defenses are
doing. Sad thing is he doesnt need to be a running qb
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #80
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
It appears some have an axe to grind against Shanahan. Pretty sure if RG3 couldn't play, and Shanny was told RG3 couldn't play, he wouldn't have played. TD sat out a quarter in the super bowl for the very same reason.

Speaking of shanny, they skins are rolling the Seabags, 14-0 in the 1st quarter. Your distraction didn't work Andrew.
True. However, there was that one play where TD came to the sideline and said he couldn't see and Shanny said that's ok, you don't need to see on this play and sent him back in.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #81
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,768

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Not at all. I'm expecting real bad news. The one good thing is he never screamed in pain like peterson or derrick rose and kept coming back so that would make you think it's only partial but you never know.

Maybe Andrews tells him it will require reconstructing that same knee.

Really sounds bad, but maybe he will learn from this. He's a warrior and he feels invincible sometimes like all the super hero action figures in his locker room.

Maybe this will help him realize he is a very talented pocket passer and there is no need to gamble like Vick and Vince young. Slide, slide, slide. Use your rocket arm, accuracy, vision and great understanding of what defenses are
doing. Sad thing is he doesnt need to be a running qb
Do you think he might start the season on the PUP though?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #82
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

I think this sorta thing is kinda why the NFL has geared itself towards pocket passers and throwing QB's more so then QB's who want to run. Not saying some of these guys that can run don't have talent passing because they do. But if you run, at this level, you're gonna take punishment. There's a difference between guys who play QB that have some wheels and escape now and then to gain positive yards. And then there are the QB's where you call run plays for them. That's not what I would be doing at the NFL level. And what the hell is Wilson doing sprinting down field several times trying to throw blocks. Sounds great and all until you get layed out one time.


I just think the more times a QB is running downfield, whether it's a designed run, a scramble or if you're like Wilson, trying to block, bad things are eventually going to happen.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #83
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Do you think he might start the season on the PUP though?
Anything is possible. Knowing him though, he will be back very quick. I think his Baylor torn acl injury recovery time was 4 months.

I remember on that play he was screaming like Peterson was.

What is dicey to me is what is worse case scenario given he already blew that knee out.

But I won't doubt that he will be ready because he's just that type of guy. Warriors like Peterson, Rose and griffin HATE not playing and they essentially are hardcore about getting back ASAP
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #84
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think this sorta thing is kinda why the NFL has geared itself towards pocket passers and throwing QB's more so then QB's who want to run. Not saying some of these guys that can run don't have talent passing because they do. But if you run, at this level, you're gonna take punishment. There's a difference between guys who play QB that have some wheels and escape now and then to gain positive yards. And then there are the QB's where you call run plays for them. That's not what I would be doing at the NFL level. And what the hell is Wilson doing sprinting down field several times trying to throw blocks. Sounds great and all until you get layed out one time.


I just think the more times a QB is running downfield, whether it's a designed run, a scramble or if you're like Wilson, trying to block, bad things are eventually going to happen.
Agree with everything you said. RGIII and Wilson need to realize they are great pocket passers and pick their spots.

Not sold yet on kaepernick; sometimes his passes are good and sometimes he looks like young, vick and tebow
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:07 AM.


Denver Broncos