The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How are you feeling about the Broncos this weekend?
I'm excited and confident! We Match up well and get them at home! 118 77.63%
I am worried about the cold weather. 12 7.89%
I am worried because they are healthier. 19 12.50%
I am worried because we struggle against the Ravens. 7 4.61%
I am worried this is going to be like the '96 Jags game. 21 13.82%
I am worried about how healthy we are. 5 3.29%
I am worried about their running game. 11 7.24%
I am worried because we played them already. 17 11.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #26
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I'd vote 1 for me but, I do get the 96 Jags feel media wise that concerns me. No game playoff game is a sure thing.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #27
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Scared Manning will play like ****. We can still win though...

Everyone is refusing to look at the elephant in the room and that is Manning's 7 one and done playoff appearances out of 11 attempts. He is way to good in the regular season for that.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #28
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Teams that believe Manning is the only thing standing between them and the Super Bowl might want to take a step back and take a long, hard look at Manning's postseason history.
Manning is one of the all-time great QBs, but if there's a black mark on his record, it's the consistently underwhelming performances year after year in the postseason.
Manning won 67.8 percent (141-67) of all his starts in the regular season, with a team built around his skills. Same quarterback, same team, same advantages, has gone just 9-10 in the postseason (.473) -- typically losing when the prolific offense of the regular season tanks in the postseason.
The Colts reached the playoffs in 11 of 13 seasons with Manning at the helm, but also failed to win a playoff game in seven of those 11 appearances -- the most one-and-done playoff appearances by any quarterback in history.
Even in Manning's single Super Bowl-winning season of 2006, the quarterback failed to sparkle. In fact, he threw just 3 TDs in four playoff games that year, against 8 INTs -- the worst TD-INT ratio of any Super Bowl-champion QB.
Manning will probably make any team that signs him better. But if we're being very honest, here's what a team will be chasing in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes: an aging player, fresh off a catastrophic injury, whose production has declined in recent years, in a sport in which players hit the wall in their mid-to-late 30s, and who has always struggled outdoors and in the playoffs.
If a team thinks that Manning is the difference between a second-rate season and a Super Bowl, they might want to think again.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #29
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Teams that believe Manning is the only thing standing between them and the Super Bowl might want to take a step back and take a long, hard look at Manning's postseason history.
Manning is one of the all-time great QBs, but if there's a black mark on his record, it's the consistently underwhelming performances year after year in the postseason.
Manning won 67.8 percent (141-67) of all his starts in the regular season, with a team built around his skills. Same quarterback, same team, same advantages, has gone just 9-10 in the postseason (.473) -- typically losing when the prolific offense of the regular season tanks in the postseason.
The Colts reached the playoffs in 11 of 13 seasons with Manning at the helm, but also failed to win a playoff game in seven of those 11 appearances -- the most one-and-done playoff appearances by any quarterback in history.
Even in Manning's single Super Bowl-winning season of 2006, the quarterback failed to sparkle. In fact, he threw just 3 TDs in four playoff games that year, against 8 INTs -- the worst TD-INT ratio of any Super Bowl-champion QB.
Manning will probably make any team that signs him better. But if we're being very honest, here's what a team will be chasing in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes: an aging player, fresh off a catastrophic injury, whose production has declined in recent years, in a sport in which players hit the wall in their mid-to-late 30s, and who has always struggled outdoors and in the playoffs.
If a team thinks that Manning is the difference between a second-rate season and a Super Bowl, they might want to think again.
and Elway had same knock. Playoffs are a different ballgame and you need a full team around you on same page. Only reason Colts made playoffs was because of manning. this is the best "team" he has played on
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #30
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Ain't nobody got time... to be worried.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #31
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
and Elway had same knock. Playoffs are a different ballgame and you need a full team around you on same page. Only reason Colts made playoffs was because of manning. this is the best "team" he has played on
I agree, it will take Denver's worst game and Baltimore's best game. But, you need good QB play to win it all, unquestionably you can't have an alright day against NE and win...maybe against Baltimore you can.

I hope he plays well, just very worried about it. I have watched every playoff game he has played and the difference in his post season play has been monumental, except against Denver in 03 and 04.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #32
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Ain't nobody got time... to be worried.
Ain't nobody got time for dat.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #33
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I've been to most Bronco home playoff games since the first one 12/24/77. This will be the coldest since that magical AFC championship win 1/1/78 over the Raiders 20-17. It was 18 degrees that day. The coid didn't seem to bother a limping Craig Morton or Haven Moses (the M&M connection had 2 tds and Haven had 168 receiving yards)

But on to the present. I think the cold weather plays to the Ravens advantage - they have a better power running game and the cold negates the Broncos passing advantage somewhat. That said Denver will be fine if they can get the lead and force the Ravens to play catchup. Like in the first game the immobile Joe Flacco and the Ravens o-line is no match for a strong Broncos pass rush.

But if the Ravens can get ahead they can neutralize the Broncos pass rush and control the clock with a strong running game. The Broncos had problems with tight end Dennis Pitta in the 1st game and now the Ravens have Ed *****on back, too, as another tight end threat. The Ravens have played well in road playoff games before ( last year's AFC title game in Foxboro was much closer than most expected).

I still like the Broncos chances. Here's hoping Denver gets a quick early score like that legendary Broncos 77 team did vs the Raiders in 18 degree weather:

titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #34
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Broncos romp
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #35
OrangeSe7en

I am worried because the Ravens also have many good players who are battle tested and every time you step on the field, there is a risk of losing.

BTW, the only time in my life where I never felt this way because I was so supremely confident the Broncos would win was in 1998 (actually early 1999).
Old 01-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #36
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Umm, the Ravens weren't able to establish this vaunted power running game I keep hearing about when they had better field conditions and at a friendly venue...i mean how many 3 and outs did they have to start the game?

so what makes everyone think they will be able to do it in worse weather and on the road against a defense that has played the run very well all ****ing season long?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #37
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
"New/old meme: Peyton Manning “hasn’t been great in the playoffs”
Did you know Peyton's QB rating in the playoffs (88.4) is better than Tom Brady's (87.8)?
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...n-the-playoffs
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #38
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I agree, it will take Denver's worst game and Baltimore's best game. But, you need good QB play to win it all, unquestionably you can't have an alright day against NE and win...maybe against Baltimore you can.

I hope he plays well, just very worried about it. I have watched every playoff game he has played and the difference in his post season play has been monumental, except against Denver in 03 and 04.
We all know the real reason you try to cast aspersions against Manning.....

"Who do you want as Broncos starting QB in 2012?"

Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #39
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
We all know the real reason you try to cast aspersions against Manning.....

"Who do you want as Broncos starting QB in 2012?"

Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%
Dude I am amped. I can't wait for gametime, just don't want the heartbreak. You are telling me you have no doubts about Manning in the playoffs whatsoever?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #40
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Think we will win handily, but worried about getting Munsoned out there in the snow.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #41
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

For those of you who are buying into the whole Manning isn't as good in the playoffs garbage, and it is garbage, may I remind you all that all Broncos fans hated it when ignorant fans from other teams used to say "yea but, Elway can't win the big one."

We all knew it was crap, because he didn't have a championship team around him; hell, no one in the AFC had a SB team, during that time. I agree with Stink, Manning had problems in the playoffs because his teams weren't built for championships. Dungy & Polian has to take a lot of the responsibility here.

Last edited by R8R H8R; 01-07-2013 at 10:23 PM..
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #42
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

How do I feel?

Ravens Offense: 11th rushing; 15th passing; 16th overall; 10th scoring. Flacco: 87.7

Ravens Defense: 20th rushing; 17th passing; 17th overall; 13th scoring.

Broncos Offense: 16th rushing; 5th passing; 4th overall; 2nd scoring. Manning: 105.8

Broncos Defense: 4th rushing, 3rd passing; 2nd overall; 4th scoring.

Last meeting: 12/16/12. at Baltimore. Broncos 34, Ravens 17.

This game: Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver.

Cool: Post 14,000.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #43
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

We would win this game if Jake Plummer was still our QB.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #44
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Dude I am amped. I can't wait for gametime, just don't want the heartbreak. You are telling me you have no doubts about Manning in the playoffs whatsoever?
Would you prefer Joe Flacco?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #45
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #46
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Manning is the least of my worries. Let me ask you, are you telling me that you have more confidence in Flacco on the road, than you do Manning at home? Particularly after each of their performances three weeks ago?
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #47
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

My biggest worries are

1. Offense clicking in first half
2 Baltimore banging us up for next game
3. OL injuries
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #48
extralife
Ring of Famer

I am very scared about any playoff game that a team I follow should win. Too, too much can happen

I would be a terrible football player.

Last edited by extralife; 01-07-2013 at 10:37 PM..
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #49
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Not a single doubt. We have a great team. Manning is a part of that - an important one - but he's not the whole team.

If anyone should be worried this week, it should be Flacco.

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #50
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I feel quite confident. Denver is the most balanced and consistent team there is. Baltimore still has serious issues.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote