The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #51
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Of course he didn't want to leave. Kid has a competitive heart and spirit. Most fighters want to continue after taking a sustained beating for multiple rounds. That's one of the duties of a trainer, coach, doctor etc. To protect the athlete from himself. Shanny knows more about football than anyone on this board. If we could see RGIII hobbling around and unable to plant to even throw the football, than certainly Mike ****ing Shanahan could. To me, that's what's possibly condemning about this. Not so much that he couldn't run (everybody knew the kid was hobbled). But when his knee structure was so questionable that he couldn't even really step into a throw, there really should have been a decision to sit the kid down.
Hey, I don't disagree with you. I agree with all of that, but I also believe that Robert earned the right to make that decision himself as both a great player and captain of that team.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #52
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Hey, I don't disagree with you. I agree with all of that, but I also believe that Robert earned the right to make that decision himself as both a great player and captain of that team.
To an extent, that's true. But he only has that right to the point where it won't cost his career possible permanent damage.

Now, was it worth it if he's never the same player because of this? They lost the game... he hurt himself worse... was it worth it? RG3 was ineffective in the second half. Couldn't run. couldn't throw. It was ugly.

Cousins should have been in from the 3rd quarter on.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #53
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Yeah, it's a bit of a gray area in that regard, but RGIII is still a 22-year-old kid with potentially 10-12 years of football ahead of him and Mike is the 60-year-old veteran Superbowl winning coach who should have had the balls to make the call to sit him down and he didn't. Certainly, by the 3rd quarter he should have. He knew the field was complete and utter **** and he still didn't sit him down.

Shanny knew this team isn't built for a Superbowl run this year. He knew the kid was getting teed off on every other ****ing play by a let's face it a dirty Pete Carrol coached team, and he still didn't sit him down.

Last edited by razorwire77; 01-06-2013 at 09:58 PM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #54
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
To an extent, that's true. But he only has that right to the point where it won't cost his career possible permanent damage.

Now, was it worth it if he's never the same player because of this? They lost the game... he hurt himself worse... was it worth it? RG3 was ineffective in the second half. Couldn't run. couldn't throw. It was ugly.

Cousins should have been in from the 3rd quarter on.
That's the thing that puzzles me. He wasn't able to do anything most of the game. He wasn't really helping their chances of winning. So him aggravating the injury just seems pointless. And even if they win he's not playing next week. There's a lot of stupidity going on with this whole scenario.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #55
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
There are some real Shanny homers here aren't there?
Yes there are. Major nut huggers because he could do no wrong, didn't you hear he won two superbowls.

What they fail to admit is he had a fist full of talent about 50/50 from the old regime.

But since then he has won only ONE playoff game.

IMO for,what he did today he should be fired.

If he could not tell his QB was totally ineffective after those first two drives and in obvious pain then he needs to see an eye doctor.

Like in the concussion situations you can no longer ask the player if he is alright. Got to have a legit trainer or doctor that does not report to mikey to make those decisions.

He could have very well ruined this kids career with leaving him in to get beat up like that. That angle of that leg was not normal and that was with a major big knee brace on.

I suspect surgery will take place to repair it as soon as the swelling goes down.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #56
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Good for him I know what Cutler would of done and his coach wouldn't have had to make the decision. RG3 should of been pulled but that is water under the bridge now.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #57
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Shanny better hope RG3 heals like Adrian Peterson.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #58
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Yeah, forget the fact the guy is limping and can't throw an accurate pass.

That's the doctors fault for clearing him, not Shanahan's fault for playing an injured player that can't make football plays.

Not sure that zen man is a Mensa candidate or not. With out eyesight to see that he was clearly hurt..

But he has clearly has been hanging on Mikey's gonads to long.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #59
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Shanny's an idiot for risking this kid's career on a single game. If he's permenantly damaged or even diminished from this point forward for being in this game he's got only hiimself to blame. I always liked Mike but one thing I do not like is his tendency to blame other people (how many DC's did he fire in Denver?) When you got a weapon like that you gotta protect his future at all costs.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #60
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think it's kind of selfish if RG3 recognized his issues but just didn't want to leave the game. That's a disregard for his teammates' prospects here in the playoffs and a stupid decision regarding his own future. At some point he needed to see that he couldn't run and couldn't make accurate passes. At that point, Cousins might've been able to salvage the game still. When he finally went down, it was instantly obvious that nothing but deep passes would save the game and the Seahawks pinned back their ears.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:13 AM   #61
ol#7

I knew, just KNEW Lonesomestar would be on here chirping about M.S. 1 playoff win...

Despite several knee jerk comments that people would defend Shanny, I don't see any of that.

I am perplexed he didnt sit after halftime. ou would think that at the very least you would want to get Cousins some menaingful playoff experience knowing that if you win, he is probably your guy next week in Atlanta. Hell they didnt even call a timeout on that second TD drive when RGIII could barely get back to the huddle. After that all his throws were 'all arm' and came out awkward.

Even if he thought it would loosen up, I cant believe that he let him go as far as he did.

Can't really think of a worse way for the Skins to end the year than that.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:45 AM   #62
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
I knew, just KNEW Lonesomestar would be on here chirping about M.S. 1 playoff win...

Despite several knee jerk comments that people would defend Shanny, I don't see any of that.

I am perplexed he didnt sit after halftime. ou would think that at the very least you would want to get Cousins some menaingful playoff experience knowing that if you win, he is probably your guy next week in Atlanta. Hell they didnt even call a timeout on that second TD drive when RGIII could barely get back to the huddle. After that all his throws were 'all arm' and came out awkward.

Even if he thought it would loosen up, I cant believe that he let him go as far as he did.

Can't really think of a worse way for the Skins to end the year than that.
You didn't neg rep anybody about this I hope.

I don't know what to say about this, Griffin wanted to play and he was probably busting anybody's chops that tried to keep him out of the game. The guy wanted to play, much like Steve Young busting Seifert's chops for pulling him. I don't know if there's a finger to be pointed. Wash hadn't won a home playoff game for a long time, Griffin wanted to be the guy.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #63
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
You didn't neg rep anybody about this I hope.

I don't know what to say about this, Griffin wanted to play and he was probably busting anybody's chops that tried to keep him out of the game. The guy wanted to play, much like Steve Young busting Seifert's chops for pulling him. I don't know if there's a finger to be pointed. Wash hadn't won a home playoff game for a long time, Griffin wanted to be the guy.
I don't disagree. I just think it was pretty obvious that he was not only hurting himself but the team too.

Too bad, until he aggravated the knee, even at 85%, the Skins were rolling.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #64
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
That wasn't the play. He got hurt on the play rolling out on the incomplete pass ; the play right before he hit Paulsen for the 14-0 lead.

After that play, he was done; but he didn't come out and shanahan didn't say the **** you will come out!
Yeah, I didn't say "here's the play guys!" But non contact injuries (like that one) generally point to a bigger problem, lots of times an injury that wasn't properly dealt with.

He shouldn't have been in the game at that point. It's not like their backup is Joe Webb.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #65
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
...Joe Webb.
Speaking of whom, is it just me or the whole time you were watching him try to play QB were you thinking "Tim Tebow"?!?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #66
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Speaking of whom, is it just me or the whole time you were watching him try to play QB were you thinking "Tim Tebow"?!?
I haz no comment.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #67
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't say "here's the play guys!" But non contact injuries (like that one) generally point to a bigger problem, lots of times an injury that wasn't properly dealt with.

He shouldn't have been in the game at that point. It's not like their backup is Joe Webb.
I've tried this a couple of times might have to save it from time to time.

The following obvious to anyone with two eyes.

After the second scoring drive:
  • Rg3 was not the same
  • He was unable to plant his foot to make throws on a consistent basis.
  • He was not running with his normal gusto.
  • On one play while running out of bounds he was actually skipping favoring his injured knee.
  • He was ineffective as a player.
  • He grimaced while running.
  • His knee in that final play bent in a direction(inward) that was abnormal and if there was not serious structural damage the brace should have handled the stress quite easily.
  • It is not like they had Tebow as a backup.
  • Cousins led t
he team very well while rg3 was out.

IMO mikey was totally responsible and derelict in his duties for not removing him. He is paid to make the decisions especially since he was ineffective mid point first period.

Regardless of rg3 wanting to play or not he should have been pulled, with cousins going in to play.

If they did not have a game plan to accommodate cousins, who is responsible for that?

Everyone forgets that Griese was allowed to play the second half of a OAK game with a separated shoulder.. He was done for the season after that and IMO his career pretty much ended after that year. Now I have to ask if it had not been OAK would mikey have replaced him?

Mikey out a blind guy into a game to fake out a team for one play. TD had serious migraine issues. Anyone have to wonder if he could have suffered permanent damage had he took w major hit to the head.

At those times everyone thought it was great, now I have to wonder if winning just the second playoff game since 2000 was more on his mind than the future of the franchise. .

Yes my dislike for mikey is well known but I think I have ample reasons for that when you look at what happened yesterday , add to that his failures in winning in the playoffs after John retired, blaming everyone else for his failures and his abmyismal personnel record with players and defensive coaches.

What say you?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #68
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Oh, would you look at that. Lonelystar blaming Mike for Davis having migraine issues and Brian Griese getting shelved for the year. Trollololololololololgtfo.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #69
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

I can relate to RG3 on some level. I have played ice hockey games as a kid with a broken ankle, and broken wrist in tournament games. There's a lot of guys that just wrap it up, take a pain pill and go out and play. At the professional level, they get way better treatment and care.

I don't have a problem with RG3 starting the game, they were 14-0 early on, the broadcasters were saying what a great move Shanny made by acquiring RG3 etc. That being said, it wasn't a good decision to leave RG3 in the game once it became clear to everyone that RG3 wasn't being effective anymore.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #70
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Press conference on this issue right now is absolutely hilarious.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #71
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
naw, he had a tight spiral, just was rusty and nervous.

now RGIII while he is earning a lot of respect for his toughness and leadership should have came out of the game. i understand you want to show your teammates you can go but his backup played well when he had to sit out before.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #72
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Mike Shanahan says Robert Griffin III will travel on Tuesday to see Dr. James Andrews for further tests on his injured right knee. Griffin had previously injured the ACL in that knee during his sophomore year at Baylor.

However, ESPN Radio 980 in Washington cites a report from a Richmond television station that Griffin has torn his PCL and ACL and will be out of action for 14-18 months.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...s-torn-acl-pcl
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #73
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Drafting Kirk Cousins was a good idea. Slow motion for meeeeeeeeeeh!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #74
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
The TV station in Richmond has pulled that report...
Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #75
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Snyder flying with RGIII tomorrow

This keeps getting worse and worse

Edit: Chris Clemons from seattle is already diagnosed with a torn ACL and he is going to visit James Andrews on Monday.

My gut feeling is Griffin also has the same injury but they just don't want to admit it until they speak with Andrews on time it will take to get back.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 01-07-2013 at 03:27 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote