The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #26
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

We about to do more street talkin' than Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #27
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I laugh hearing players say lets get there a day early to acclimate ourselves to the altitude. Its a proven fact you can't do it in only a few days. All teams do by arriving early is wear themselves out more by game time. They would be better off landing 3 hours before the game and going straight to the stadium.
It's a physiologic impossibility.... The best they can do is go right to the stadium, fill their oxygen tanks and pray they don't get behind to far....

They are getting guys back from injury, playing here is a clear advantage...

Us, 31-17
Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #28
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Last time we played, we ALLOWED them to get 14 points in garbage time (up 31-3 at the time), and our offense backed off the gas in the 4th quarter, ... this time I think we win 27-3.
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #29
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
When he dumps those screens to Rice we have to put Rice down fast. We can't let Flacco get lucky with big plays on the short passes to rice out of the backfield.
One thing that you generally hear during the games is how fast our defense is...we seem to have a lot of guys around the ball.

Points allowed - Broncos 289 (18.0) Ravens 344 (21.5)

Average yards per play - Broncos 4.6 Ravens 5.2

Net yards per pass attempt - Broncos 5.2 Ravens 6.1

Average yards per rushing attempt - Broncos 3.6 Ravens 4.0

Pass completion % allowed - Broncos 57.4% Ravens 59.9%

Rushing TD's allowed - Broncos 5 Ravens 15

Passing TD's allowed - Broncos 25 Ravens 15

Sack pct. - Broncos 8.5% of passing plays Ravens 6.2%

Other than passing TD's allowed the Broncos lead in virtually every defensive statistical category that matters.....protect the ball and get a turnover or two and we win by 10+

Last edited by errand; 01-06-2013 at 07:16 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #30
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

It's going to be ****ing great to see Denver obliterate Baltimore
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #31
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The Raven smack now is just like our Roc Alexander at corner teams when going into Indy for a playoff game against you know who!!! :-)

We also fell back on and resorted to the same kind of weak 'whistling past the graveyard' smack 'hoping' for a miracle with claims we would 'shock the world' with one implausible 'what if' scenario after another.

The clear facts are these:

1. Unlike in most of the past 12 to 13 years period whenever we had to face the Ravens, the Broncos are clearly the superior team in ALL three phases of the game!

2. We cleaned their clock at their house three or so weeks ago when they had their #2 spot riding on the line and desparately were trying to break their losing streak. That victory was much more lopsided than even the score suggested as we did our typical fourth quarter put on the brakes and run out the clock prevent defense scheme which Foxy likes to resort to in the regular season when we get a big enough lead by the last quarter and not only did that slow down our scoring machine considerably, but allowed them to rack up their misleading 14 points in junk time as if Flake-O had a ghost of a chance pulling that off if we were playing for keeps still in the 4th quarter!

3. The Ray Ray Retirement Mojo emotional boost will have disspated entirely within 24 hours from now, if not sooner. The air is out of that bag for good. Congrats to Ray for a well deserved bon voyage at his house for the last 17 years! Now its time to light his viking ship on fire and push his remains out to sea toward the Valhalla of an ESPN broadcast career from the south gate of Sports Authority field next Saturday!

Just ask the Pagano-comeback inspired Colts who shocked the listless Texans in Colt stadium how well their emotional mojo traveled this week!?

4. The Ravens are struting around crowing about how much they now want Manning and the Broncos based on finally ... by the 4th quarter ... pulling ahead of a truly poor team with a very good young QB and no Oline to speak of and a very porous Defense with a few opportunistic players. A Colts D whose best cornerback out there today was Cassius Vaughn, who is a decent journeyman back up, but could not make our 53 man roster and was traded to said Colts before the season started!!

If Andrew Luck had a semblance of a real NFL O-line that could even marginally protect him and some WRs that could actually catch the balls right in their hands it is very likely the Colts may well have won this game, even with their sucky pass defense today!

5. The Ravens will find a well rested up and tuned up Manning/Von-Doom and Company who have thoroughly dissected the Ravens battle plans and are the polar opposite of the rookie QB and marginal defense they faced today!

Enough said, the only way in a very blue moon that the Ravens do somehow upset us, as said above by others, will ONLY be because of what we failed to do and not because of anything they did to us as the better team, as was so often the case in prior Bronco/Ravens games over the last decade.

Its Pay back time! :-))

Last edited by Hulamau; 01-06-2013 at 07:29 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #32
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
The Raven smack now is just like our Roc Alexander at corner teams when going into Indy for a playoff game against you know who!!! :-)

We also fell back on and resorted to the same kind of weak 'whistling past the graveyard' smack 'hoping' for a miracle with claims we would 'shock the world' with one implausible 'what if' scenario after another.

The clear facts are these:

1. Unlike in most of the past 12 to 13 years period whenever we had to face the Ravens, the Broncos are clearly the superior team in ALL three phases of the game!

2. We cleaned their clock at their house three or so weeks ago when they had their #2 spot riding on the line and desparately were trying to break their losing streak. That victory was much more lopsided than even the score suggested as we did our typical fourth quarter put on the brakes and run out the clock prevent defense scheme which Foxy likes to resort to in the regular season when we get a big enough lead by the last quarter and not only did that slow down our scoring machine considerably, but allowed them to rack up their misleading 14 points in junk time as if Flake-O had a ghost of a chance pulling that off if we were playing for keeps still in the 4th quarter!

3. The Ray Ray Retirement Mojo emotional boost will have disspated entirely within 24 hours from now, if not sooner. The air is out of that bag for good. Congrats to Ray for a well deserved bon voyage at his house for the last 17 years! Now its time to light his viking ship on fire and push his remains out to sea toward the Valhalla of an ESPN broadcast career from the south gate of Sports Authority field next Saturday!

Just ask the Pagano-comeback inspired Colts who shocked the listless Texans in Colt stadium how well their emotional mojo traveled this week!?

4. The Ravens are struting around crowing about how much they now want Manning and the Broncos based on finally ... by the 4th quarter ... pulling ahead of a truly poor team with a very good young QB and no Oline to speak of and a very porous Defense with a few opportunistic players. A Colts D whose best cornerback out there today was Cassius Vaughn, who is a decent journeyman back up, but could not make our 53 man roster and was traded to said Colts before the season started!!

If Andrew Luck had a semblance of a real NFL O-line that could even marginally protect him and some WRs that could actually catch the balls right in their hands it is very likely the Colts may well have won this game, even with their sucky pass defense today!

5. The Ravens will find a well rested up and tuned up Manning/Von-Doom and Company who have thoroughly dissected the Ravens battle plans and are the polar opposite of the rookie QB and marginal defense they faced today!

Enough said, the only way in a very blue moon that the Ravens do somehow upset us, as said above by others, will ONLY be because of what we failed to do and not because of anything they did to us as the better team, as was so often the case in prior Bronco/Ravens games over the last decade.

Its Pay back time! :-))
Well said...Saturday can't come fast enough
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #33
spiralism

To anyone saying that it's on us if we lose next week...I fully agree. As number one seed, you only lose if you choke or are a fraud. Or Atlanta.

What worries me is that exact possibility of a choke. We've been off, they got their **** together...ergo, we better ****ing bring it.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #34
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Peyton Manning. Check mate.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #35
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Baltimore is actually the team I was hoping to avoid

They have more talent than the Colts and Bengals
And the Texans have just looked awful the past month

I still think we should win, but I would of really preferred Cinci or Indy
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #36
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Not worried about Baltimore. They don't have the OTs to stop our rush, and they don't have the WRs or QB to beat our coverage. On defense, they just aren't good enough. Not in the defensive backfield, not at LB, and not on the line. Moreno will run for a hundred again, and Manning will do whatever is required of him to win. Last time, he barely had to do anything.

They will try and pound Ray Rice 30 times this game. That will be their big adustment. We just have to stop him.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #37
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Baltimore is actually the team I was hoping to avoid

They have more talent than the Colts and Bengals
And the Texans have just looked awful the past month

I still think we should win, but I would of really preferred Cinci or Indy
Ravens looked less than spectacular for 3 quarters against an average Colts team at home. It'll prolly be a closer game than last time but we should still win by 10/13 points.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #38
enjolras
Ring of Famer

The Ravens absolutely abused Cassius Vaughn today. Their entire offense was predicated on exploiting the Colts two glaring weaknesses at corner. Everything was over the top and to the sideline.

You don't have that luxury against the Broncos. I don't think they can score 10 (unless they pick up some garbage time points).

Defensively Lewis is still incredibly instinctual, but he's slow and his right arm doesn't appear to even work. I fully expect our tight-ends to wreak havoc over the middle and that's going to open up space for us to run and take some chances over the top.

We're going to win this easily.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #39
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Manning is having a great season. Baltimore gets some guys back but they are still either old or inexperienced. Manning since his Colts days have owned the Ravens. This weekend won't be any different. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the snow. If it snows, Rice could be the x-factor. Can we keep pace?
Snow doesn't favor Rice's running style.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #40
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
[
"I would rather go through Denver, and that's what we got," said defensive end Pernell McPhee. "We got what we wanted because we know when we played them that's not how we play."
Of course they got what they wanted, because after the Texans beat the Bengals yesterday, the only two paths available was go to Denver or go home. This is a bunch of talk, that is all it is.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #41
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
The Ravens absolutely abused Cassius Vaughn today. Their entire offense was predicated on exploiting the Colts two glaring weaknesses at corner. Everything was over the top and to the sideline.

You don't have that luxury against the Broncos. I don't think they can score 10 (unless they pick up some garbage time points).

Defensively Lewis is still incredibly instinctual, but he's slow and his right arm doesn't appear to even work. I fully expect our tight-ends to wreak havoc over the middle and that's going to open up space for us to run and take some chances over the top.

We're going to win this easily.
Don't forget the Colts racked up 419 yards on offense against these guys in their house. I hope our guys come out ready to open up a can of whoop ass!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #42
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

There is no way this team gets over confident. They are rested, but focused. They are healthy. They are playing at home, at altitude. Against a team we already beat down very easily. Even if their defense plays better, THEY won't score more than 17 again - I think they score LESS this time around. And if we play a subpar game and score I dunno.. only 24 or something.. it won't matter, it will be a win.

No way we lose this if we play smart. And don't put Trinton out unless they are kicking from their 10. The only thing that could kill us is turnovers.

NO Holiday - NO Ball - no turnovers mean we win.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #43
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The Ravens are worried about Peyton? They should worry about the defense that held Ray Rice to 38 yards.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #44
canadianbroncosfan

Just saw the opening lines, Denver is already favored by 8.5
Old 01-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #45
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Just saw the opening lines, Denver is already favored by 8.5
It's because Flacid and his limp 76 QB rating on the road isn't scaring anyone.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #46
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

willis mcgahee playing?
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #47
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Funny take from IAOFM:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-for-a-rematch
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #48
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
willis mcgahee playing?
Willis is practicing but cannot return per league IR rules until next week's game.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #49
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
When he dumps those screens to Rice we have to put Rice down fast. We can't let Flacco get lucky with big plays on the short passes to rice out of the backfield.
The key to me to this game is getting after Flacco.
And with Von and Elvis and the boys i am not worried at all.
Also need to keep a guy on Rice bacause thats flacco s safety valve.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #50
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the snow. If it snows, Rice could be the x-factor. Can we keep pace?
Unless something drastic changes between then and now, Denver looks like it's going to be very dry and mild over the next 10 days.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+USCO0105:1:US
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote