The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #201
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
lol yes indeed.
Case in point one liner crap. That adds zero value to the conversation.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #202
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Which of course in his case is an impossible task. Weasely one line pots shots of no substance. Which is the definition of trolling.

But of course that has been his mantra since 03.

About the only time his posts are worth a damn is talking about college players as he has been a college student forever.
Says the the king of Tanahan Daft Doodle talk. I have been done with school for like. . . um, three years now? Lmfao.

Quote:
. . . as if your disdain for liberals, Tanahan, DJ Williams, etc. aren't all tossed out through cute one-liners and your failed attempts at wit. GTFO.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #203
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Just curious... was there ever a consensus around here about whether Josh would've been Rovered out of Denver that year if it weren't for the videotaping thing?

Or did anyone think he would've gotten a 3rd season otherwise?
Pat originally backed McDaniels right before he fired him. It's a weird series of events. He had an interview with AOL fanhouse about how he is sticking with McDaniels and giving him another season.

Quote:
"I am not interested in making a change," Bowlen said.

OK, what about the 2011 season? Will McDaniels be back for it?

"Yes he will," Bowlen said. "I am not interested in making a coaching change."
http://www.aolnews.com/2010/11/29/jo...os-owner-says/

He continues to defend McD through the whole article, and even mentions that there will probably be staff changes. What would have happened is Martindale would have been canned, and a lot of defensive coaches would have been fired and McD would have stayed.

Keep in mind, the above interview was a week before McDaniels was canned.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #204
BroncsCheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
What is a pocket ninja?
Pocketninja is a Fark poster whose delivery methods, timely use of the non sequitur, and broad repertoire reminds me largely of your posting.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #205
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Didn't McDumbass get the cursed "our full confidence"
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #206
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
Pocketninja is a Fark poster whose delivery methods, timely use of the non sequitur, and broad repertoire reminds me largely of your posting.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #207
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
Sounds like this guy is a legend. Strolled over some of his posts. He can rant for days. I will take it as a compliment, sir. Considering you enjoyed a few of my posts. I FEEL IT.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #208
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Didn't McDumbass get the cursed "our full confidence"
It was "coach for life" cursed line.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #209
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Pat originally backed McDaniels right before he fired him. It's a weird series of events. He had an interview with AOL fanhouse about how he is sticking with McDaniels and giving him another season.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/11/29/jo...os-owner-says/

He continues to defend McD through the whole article, and even mentions that there will probably be staff changes. What would have happened is Martindale would have been canned, and a lot of defensive coaches would have been fired and McD would have stayed.

Keep in mind, the above interview was a week before McDaniels was canned.
Prior to the spy gate issue the local press was from what I read and understood pretty neutral on Josh while they did not like his disdain for them I think they feared him like those in NE do BB. Knowing they could easily lose press credentials if they pissed him off.

But once there was blood in the water the feeding frenzy started en mass..

IMO it seemed like that the press riled up the public and fans and shortly thereafter Pat changed his tune fast.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #210
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Prior to the spy gate issue the local press was from what I read and understood pretty neutral on Josh while they did not like his disdain for them I think they feared him like those in NE do BB. Knowing they could easily lose press credentials if they pissed him off.

IMO it seemed like that the press riled up the public and fans and shortly thereafter Pat changed his tune fast.
Spygate 2 thrust the Broncos into the national limelight in a very negative way and had McDaniels not been fired, the public perception would have been that the organization... including Bowlen... at least tacitly approved of the attempt at cheating.

However... any HC whose team goes 4-12 has very high odds of being fired regardless. Hell, Marty was fired after his team went 14-2.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #211
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
lol, how you like me now?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #212
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
lol, how you like me now?
I was referring to whom you were quoting. Not your post.

IIRC your one of the quality posters on here with real input longer than one line.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #213
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Get over it, JRWIZ. Time to be a grown up.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #214
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Spygate 2 thrust the Broncos into the national limelight in a very negative way and had McDaniels not been fired, the public perception would have been that the organization... including Bowlen... at least tacitly approved of the attempt at cheating.

However... any HC whose team goes 4-12 has very high odds of being fired regardless. Hell, Marty was fired after his team went 14-2.
Most owners know that when hiring a new HC and regime, especially a team that was in such poor condition talent wise, that it is going to take more than a couple of years to rebuild it.

Since we had so many kiddies on the team that year and with Tebow looming in the near future I think he would have gotten another year.

As for Marty he was fired because he could NEVER KEEP IT UP IN THE playoffs. I'm not sure if he ever won a playoff game going back as far as THE DRIVE.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #215
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Most owners know that when hiring a new HC and regime, especially a team that was in such poor condition talent wise, that it is going to take more than a couple of years to rebuild it.

Since we had so many kiddies on the team that year and with Tebow looming in the near future I think he would have gotten another year.

As for Marty he was fired because he could NEVER KEEP IT UP IN THE playoffs. I'm not sure if he ever won a playoff game going back as far as THE DRIVE.
Again, I believe that... had Spygate 2 not happened... McDaniels would have been allowed to finish the 2010 season. But 2011 was far from a "given"... had McDaniels finished the '10 season, it's entirely possible that we wouldn't have won the Texans game, meaning 3-13. You may believe Bowlen would have been ok with 3-4 wins; but I think he would have found it unacceptable and would have been looking for other options (Elway).

Spygate 2 was certainly the catalyst for the firing... the "final straw" so to speak. But McDaniels was already on "thinning ice" due to losing. IMHO.

Marty might not have had such a poor playoff record if he had not had the misfortune of encountering his nemesis 3 times. Just sayin'. It's still my opinion that the Chargers were stupid to fire a coach after 14-2.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #216
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

McDaniels wasn't going to get another year, spy gate, no spy gate, didn't matter.

All you had to do was look out over the thousands of empty seats at 'sold-out' home games and you knew Bowlen wasn't going to let that continue.

McDaniels was an utter, complete, total disaster for this franchise, completely out of his depth, and I'm a little surprised he wasn't fired immediately after the spy gate nonsense.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #217
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:

so the refusal to play Tebow granted fans didnt know if he could play or not and the 2 years in a row with a losing record the blow outs to division rivals spy gate didnt sorta piss the fans media off ?
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #218
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
McDaniels wasn't going to get another year, spy gate, no spy gate, didn't matter.

All you had to do was look out over the thousands of empty seats at 'sold-out' home games and you knew Bowlen wasn't going to let that continue.

McDaniels was an utter, complete, total disaster for this franchise, completely out of his depth, and I'm a little surprised he wasn't fired immediately after the spy gate nonsense.
That was my thought as well... any NFL team owner is going to at least consider a HC change after an abysmal season. Add to it the fact that the entire McDaniels era was one controversy after another and Bowlen was in a position where he had to do something to "right the ship"... he couldn't allow McDaniels more time to run it even further into the ground. Tebow wasn't even on the radar as a factor in his decision.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #219
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Again, I believe that... had Spygate 2 not happened... McDaniels would have been allowed to finish the 2010 season. But 2011 was far from a "given"... had McDaniels finished the '10 season, it's entirely possible that we wouldn't have won the Texans game, meaning 3-13. You may believe Bowlen would have been ok with 3-4 wins; but I think he would have found it unacceptable and would have been looking for other options (Elway).

Spygate 2 was certainly the catalyst for the firing... the "final straw" so to speak. But McDaniels was already on "thinning ice" due to losing. IMHO.

Marty might not have had such a poor playoff record if he had not had the misfortune of encountering his nemesis 3 times. Just sayin'. It's still my opinion that the Chargers were stupid to fire a coach after 14-2.
And IMHO they would have been stupid to keep him. Marty just chocked in big games. As I said before I'm not sure he ever Won a playoff game. Regardless if John was on the then side.

As for Josh Pat bought into his scheme and those things that went with it.. The defense needed to be completely rebuilt with just doom, dj and champ as starters a wasn't doom hurt that year also. I might have my years mixed up but pretty sure he was.

Rumor had it it was Joes hire and Pat really liked it. Pat has always had loads of loyalty to his coaches and only because he had mikey in his back pocket did he pull the plug on Wade after two years. After all mikey waste guy he wanted instead of wade anyway.

I could be dead wrong, but Pat had never shown the propensity to can his coach..
Old 01-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #220
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post

You may be correct about the empty seats. Something I never got to see that year I saw few of the games and none on them I saw on tv showed pickup tires of those empty seats.

Now let me add having a good draft and UFA signing period may have gotten those fans back into the seats.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #221
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You may be correct about the empty seats. Something I never got to see that year I saw few of the games and none on them I saw on tv showed pickup tires of those empty seats.

Now let me add having a good draft and UFA signing period may have gotten those fans back into the seats.
One of the home games they did not show the attendance . Another first in the history of the McEra
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #222
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

i just remember that Josh got the Broncos to be the absolute laughing stock of the NFL. almost weekly. it was mortifying.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #223
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
i just remember that Josh got the Broncos to be the absolute laughing stock of the NFL. almost weekly. it was mortifying.
But boy, those post game press conferences every week left everyone wanting more because they just oozed of improvements.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #224
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
For the first time I knew how it must feel like to be a Chefs fan. Its something I never ever want to feel again.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #225
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The real test for Elway and the rest of the front office will come when Manning retires, how they replace him, and how they mold the new team. Hopefully he's up to the task.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote