The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #101
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
There a lot of things that you SAY you personally would do, but show no signs of actually personally doing it.

I'm not here to be the lord and leader of everybody. I'm a guy running a forum to have fun, not to jump at every command of people who want the universe to be ordered around them. Get in line of the people who are disappointed in what a cretin I am.
I find it hard to believe that everybody doesn't love you.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #102
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
1 dont use satellite for the internet it sucks dont listen to the bs spewed forth by your satellite provider
2 i dont know the standard penalty for dui i assume if its a first time offense you have to use a breathalizer to start ya car and probation 2nd time i think you go to prison jail maybe i dunno but mho you should be and apply the same law to everyone .
gee ddint you see my ray lewis jokes silly billy
3. shouldnt this of been discussed in a thread about ray the killer lewis seeing how he kinda got out of that charge
4. what brung that fans support wife beaters stuff up are you saying manning did something or our current coaches ?
I'm on a ranch in the middle of moffat county. No Cable available so it used to be dial up but now they have Hughes sattelite. was for crap last night.

Wife beaters was Marshall and his 40 something police reports or call ins from his house while his ex girlfriend was still, around even after he dumped her he was involved in a slap down while he was in MIA outside a club with his now wife.

Why anyone on this or any other forums could excuse it and want the mental midget on the team is beyond me.

Once maybe but hai rap sheet on that was 40 plus 911 calls. Just at his house.

Add in his responsibility for the death of darennt and IIRC a couple of DUIs, his attitude at TC the next summer.

I just do not see why anyone would want this ticking time bomb on the team. He does you nomgood if he is in jail or serving a suspension.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #103
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What's not to love?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #104
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

TJ might have some different views on Broncos football, but I don't see how anyone here could call him out for doing a bad job of running this forum. A decade plus of good posting here and a lot of events centered around people on the forum (tailgates, fantasy leagues, people helping out people [when people sent Mock cards when he had the allergy incident], etc.) and a solid all-around community.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #105
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Yeah, yeah, yeah - I'm a great guy. Let's not get distracted from the lonestar pile on... Focus people!

(lonestar, that's tongue in cheek. It's a joke. You know... Jokes?)
Old 01-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #106
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Lonestar is the kind of guy who peeks out from behind the curtains in his house, holding the sprinkler controls in his hands, waiting for the kids to let out of school and walk on his lawn.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #107
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I want to go on record that I am also in the line with the people who think Taco is cretin....but I have a line too so that's ok.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #108
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Are you really sure it was a shot at just Josh?

Was it something else?

Perhaps we take it to literal and he was talking more about the the state of the franchise, note he did not talk about players or coaches but the actual relationship of the fans with the Broncos and the fall off of ticket holders and confidence of the fans.

Maybe we as forum members read more into those comments than we should have.

Food for thought.

Thanks for your commentary. Even if you do not agree your not going for the throat like so many others..

Folks here seem to forget this is a discussion forum to put out ideas.

If everyone agreed on everything it would be a dull place to come.

Have a great day.
the state of the franchise was because of mcdaniels and before that shannahan in his last few years because he drafted wrong often and in his last game the defense allowed the chargers to score 52 damn points

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3800768

Shanahan became the fourth coach to be fired this week, after going 24-24 over the past three seasons, including three straight losses in 2008 that turned a three-game division lead to an 8-8 record.
It included a historic collapse with Denver becoming the first team since divisional play started in 1967 to blow a three-game lead with three games left.

The Broncos' defense gave up 448 points, third worst in the NFL, including 112 during the three-game collapse at the end. It was ranked 29th in yards allowed and tied for last in the NFL with a minus-17 turnover margin
It will be interesting to see if Bowlen wants a change in the way the organization is run. Over the past several years, the most successful teams have moved away from the once-popular structure of having a coach-slash-GM in charge of everything.

In Denver, Shanahan ran everything and as things went downhill, he relieved defensive coordinators -- Greg Robinson, Ray Rhodes, Larry Coyer and Jim Bates -- in almost revolving-door fashion.

Rocky Mountain News reported on Tuesday night that Bowlen asked Shanahan to make another change at defensive coordinator -- this time cutting loose Bob Slowik. Shanahan reportedly refused. He had said after Sunday's loss that he would not fire another defensive coordinator.

Shanahan was regarded as a coaching genius when it came to creating mismatches on the field, confusing defenses by using different personnel groupings to run the same set of plays, series after series and game after game.

Davis. Olandis Gary. Reuben Droughns. Clinton Portis. Tatum Bell. They all ran for 1,000 yards for the Broncos and the basic thought was that anyone could do it.

But after Elway retired, it was never quite the same.

His replacement, Brian Griese, never panned out. Jake Plummer got the Broncos to the AFC title game in 2005, but Denver was blown out by Pittsburgh. Shanahan drafted Cutler the next year -- an indication he was blowing up a team that had come so close a year before.

Cutler, along with receivers Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal, make up the core of what could be a very promising offense in years to come. But the defense Shanahan assembled was wretched -- allowing more than 400 points over the past two seasons -- and the Broncos hardly looked like contenders.
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #109
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I want to go on record that I am also in the line with the people who think Taco is cretin....but I have a line too so that's ok.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #110
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
This is my favorite TJ whining in history (I was so amused I screenshotted it like a year ago even though I haven't shared it until now):

^ names censored to be nice

Brb getting so furious I take this to Facebook and then have others pile on!
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #111
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Very nice. Yours?
Excellent, thank you for asking. Had a great family Christmas, a quick vacation to the north GA mountains, and then celebrated the new year at a wedding.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #112
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

^ Lmao!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #113
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I want everyone to know I am now farting in the TJ is a cretin line. It smells bad to everyone but me.

Do you dare lose your place? Are you willing to wait it out? Oh here comes more of what I call "Panda Orange Chicken with Dr. Pepper".....

pppppffffffttttt
Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #114
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Georgia has mountains?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #115
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
There a lot of things that you SAY you personally would do, but show no signs of actually personally doing it.

I'm not here to be the lord and leader of everybody. I'm a guy running a forum to have fun, not to jump at every command of people who want the universe to be ordered around them. Get in line of the people who are disappointed in what a cretin I am.
Guessing a wife joke here would be permaban material.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #116
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I want everyone to know I am now farting in the TJ is a cretin line. It smells bad to everyone but me.

Do you dare lose your place? Are you willing to wait it out? Oh here comes more of what I call "Panda Orange Chicken with Dr. Pepper".....

pppppffffffttttt
Eating french fries with a tranny again, I presume?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #117
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Yeah, that one stung a little when I saw it.

I generally love the people that come and go from this place. How could I not? But what I think people fail to realize is that they, themselves change just as much as the forum itself does with the influx and out-flux of people. Just like in 2001, 2002, 2003, etc., people get out of this forum what they put into it. Make jokes, you'll find people that want to joke with you. Get angry, there will be people who will get angry with you. Toss insults, there's plenty where that came from. Put in frustration, and you'll get plenty of frustration.

In the end, the only thing I can really do is provide a forum and try to provide a level playing field. I think that with the help of the mods that I have, we've done a pretty good job of that (all things considered). No doubt, there have been some bumps along the way.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #118
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Regardless of results, the question is who was left over that was worth a damn. I'd say that's a list of players worth a damn.

And as far as Cutler goes, I never expected much from Lovie Smith as far as an offensive minded team is concerned. I personally think the guy would squander Peyton Manning, let alone an ego case like Cutler.
Agreed. Plus, Peyton would have a very serious injury and Knowshon wouldn't have kick-started his career this year behind that crap Bears line.
orangemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #119
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
I am pretty sure Hotrod doesn't love him. But Hotrod is elitist like that, he only loves 4 legged individuals.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #120
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

BTW theDAVE miss out on line too......
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #121
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
My analogy there is little difference between the two if you are liberal at heart instead of debating the facts, the easily way out is to call names or change the subject.

Myself if I'm wrong I admit it and move on I'm not going to change the subject or call you a name.

Now mikey or political figures are fair game, but it is a rare post where I aphave called you or anyone else a name. Especially in the football side,of the forums.

I know that some think calling me a name hurts my feelings, I'm way past that juvenile crap.
Tanashan, Tahashan, Tahashan.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #122
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The second season under McDaniels was not fun for me. It wasn't even worth it to log in. So I did other things. Last season was fun sans the Teboners. I am SOOOOOO glad they are gone. There are still Tebow apologists around here, but I'm ok with that. I liked Tebow. I just am glad we're going in another direction. His hard core followers could not be reasoned with, though.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #123
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Lonestar is the kind of guy who peeks out from behind the curtains in his house, holding the sprinkler controls in his hands, waiting for the kids to let out of school and walk on his lawn.
Only those get wet by answering "yes" by asking them if their parents voted for Obama.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 01-04-2013 at 01:22 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #124
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Lonestar is like a more depressing Angryllama.
Now I really respect your opinions.

But I have always been under the impresssion that debating ideas and facts was the function of in this case a football forum.

I have strong beliefs on what has caused our decline since the super bowl years. Facts to back those beliefs up and very little emotional attachment to anyone other than Pat and John E.

Where a lot of those that are very young and know nothing about broncos prior to mikey I see their emotional attachment to him.

Much like those that started watching when John was a pup.

That said I've been a fan since day one. Was at the first game in old bears stadium, had south stand season tickets till I moved out of state in 1979.

So I have a much diffenrt perspective than some of the kiddies on here.

So while I loved the Super Bowl years and what mikey did there, but after then watching his draftees and that for the most part they disappeared by the end of third TC. Either flat cut or traded.

When everyone was touting mikey as a genius for getting lots out of 5-7 round guys and UDFA, while that is well and good.

You better than most know that skill and talent that is coached well, will win out over players that are coached really wel that have much less talent. (even top talent in KC coached by mokes) does not win long term.

Mikey's record of keeping what should be your building block players rounds 1-3 was 6 of 41 during his tenure. The good one s he should have kept like Heyward he failed to keep because he could not afford them when their contract was done.

His record on bringing in rentals mostly washed up vets and wasting big bucks on them was historic.

While he did a great job early in bringing in some quality guys other teams copied him and drive the roiling in quality guys out of our price range. Yet he continued to waste money on lesser players.

If you look back at those guys he did resign, mobley, pryce, Griese, Neal, Wilson and finally DJ (whom IMO was totally overpriced for his production). All of those were drafted 1999 or before except DJ. What does that tell anyone that is objective?

His player drafting sucked donkey balls.

What say you?

Last edited by lonestar; 01-04-2013 at 01:12 PM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #125
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
The second season under McDaniels was not fun for me. It wasn't even worth it to log in. So I did other things. Last season was fun sans the Teboners. I am SOOOOOO glad they are gone. There are still Tebow apologists around here, but I'm ok with that. I liked Tebow. I just am glad we're going in another direction. His hard core followers could not be reasoned with, though.
So is what we practice Tebologetics, or how does that work?