The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #526
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
It's not a case about "not giving Tebow credit"... I've said numerous times he was part of our making the playoffs.
Umm...that's exactly what it is. He was far more than a part of it.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #527
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

hey the broncos are 13-3 got homefield thru the playoffs jets well theyre scrubs just letting ya know
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #528
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
hey the broncos are 13-3 got homefield thru the playoffs jets well theyre scrubs just letting ya know
I submit this as evidence that technology is making people idiotic.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #529
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Are you really comparing a dropped int with a fumble? There's NO excuse for 13 fumbles
No, I'm comparing a dropped int with a non-recovered fumble. Same result. Not saying fumbling wasn't a problem at all. It was becoming more of a problem towards the end. But you're essentially arguing that teams missed more turnover 'opportunities' against Tebow, but then only look at one type of 'opportunity'

A running QB will fumble more than a pocket sloth. That much is given.

BTW, RG3 dropped 12 this year. Lost only 2.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #530
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
No, I'm comparing a dropped int with a non-recovered fumble. Same result. Not saying fumbling wasn't a problem at all. It was becoming more of a problem towards the end. But you're essentially arguing that teams missed more turnover 'opportunities' against Tebow, but then only look at one type of 'opportunity'

You can bet ball security will become an issue for RGIII as well. Fumbles eventually catch up with you. (see Vick, Michael)
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #531
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

So did we include how many dropped ints tebow had? I'm not getting this arguement. A fumble is a fumble. A potential int that never happens isn't even counted as a stat, well it counts as an incomplete. And that's a problem for RG3.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-03-2013 at 01:54 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #532
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
So did we include how many dropped ints tebow had? I'm not getting this arguement. A fumble is a fumble.
If you want apples to apples, you should include all of it. If you want to talk about turnover 'risk' vs just turnovers, you should count every time the QB puts the ball within the other team's reach. Because that's all that matters. Otherwise you're saying that Orton could've bounced the ball off 10 defenders' chests, but it wasn't as big a deal as Tebow fumbling it out of bounds once at the end of a 15 yard run. If KO made a play like that at altitude he probably would've spontaneously dropped the ball from lack of oxygen. and keeled over.

Anyway, it's obviously hard to compare turnover 'risk'. so most people just rely on actual turnovers instead of theoretically possible turnovers.

You could argue that that doesn't account for luck. But then again, Tebow was less 'lucky' in losing fumbles than say RG3 or Cam were this year. And you don't hear too many people b****ing about them putting the ball on the ground a ton.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #533
BroncoBeavis

This isn't really so much about the debate (which I'm tired of anyway ) as I just thought it was interesting...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...rceptions-2011
Old 01-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #534
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

broncos are 13-3 and you people are stuck on Tebow still why is that
homefield advantage thru the playoffs yet you are stuck on tebow
explain this unhealthy obsession.
ok teebs is a great guy super nice and a uber christian but that dont make one a excellent qb .
Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #535
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Forget Tebow we got Plan A Bittches!!!

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #536
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Thread is about all things Tebow. Lets keep to it.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #537
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,5431537.story

Tim Tebow mannequin benched in Dick's Sporting Goods display
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #538
Butterscotch Stallion

Does the sanchez dummy butt fumble?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #539
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Forget Tebow we got Plan A Bittches!!!

hells yeah and we will go all the way to the superbowl .
sorry tebow god decided we needed manning not you by god i sorta mean Elway.
in a way he was your football god
Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #540
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Broncos' Peyton Manning in wait to see if Colts' Andrew Luck will be playoff opponent

as the exclamation point to close out a believe-it-or-not story. "The energy, the excitement is there, you can feel it in the building," Pagano told reporters in Indianapolis on Wednesday.
Asked about all of the trials, tribulations and changes the Colts have undergone during the past year, Pagano said: "Nothing shocks me any more."
The Colts released one of the franchise's Mount Rushmore players in Manning, drafted Luck, turned over almost the entire roster in the most extreme of makeovers, dealt with Pagano's illness, had an interim coach for most of the season — offensive coordinator Bruce Arians — and finished 11-5.
The Broncos won the Manning Derby in the offseason, traded Tim Tebow, tossed the read-option playbook in the garbage can, created a new playbook that suited Manning, put their defense in Jack Del Rio's hands and haven't lost a game since Oct. 7, after a 2-3 start.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #541
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
broncos are 13-3 and you people are stuck on Tebow still why is that
homefield advantage thru the playoffs yet you are stuck on tebow
explain this unhealthy obsession.
ok teebs is a great guy super nice and a uber christian but that dont make one a excellent qb .
How many posts Dan_Bronco_Fan has posted in this thread about Tebow?

Good job Dan!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=94074
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #542
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
How many posts Dan_Bronco_Fan has posted in this thread about Tebow?

Good job Dan!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=94074
this thread needs more 13-3 bronco talk heres a lil something about jdr
While interest can still develop, it appears the Denver Broncos will have their defensive coordinator returning for the first time in seven years.

Denver defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio told reporters Thursday he has not had any interviews for head coaching jobs set up yet. Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy has interest from four teams and has interviews set for this weekend while the Broncos are on their bye during the playoffs.

Del Rio has been wildly successful in his first season as Denverís defensive coordinator. Denver finished No. 2 in the NFL in defense this season. It was 20th last season and 32nd two years ago. Del Rio is Denverís seventh defensive coordinator in seven years.

Many people thought Del Rio, fired as head coach in Jacksonville in 2011, might draw interest this offseason. Del Rio said he is not surprised he has not been contacted and seems fine with it.

ďYou never know how things are going to shake out, this year or any other year,Ē Del Rio said. ďFrom my standpoint, I think itís an honor to be involved in this league, playing and coaching, as long as I have. I really do believe that this gameís given me a lot more than Iíve been able to give it, I really do believe that, but Iíll keep trying. Iím having fun doing what Iím doing now, and if opportunities come in the future, Iíll look at them, but right now Iím 100 percent trying to help these Broncos go win a championship.Ē
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...p-jack-del-rio
Old 01-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #543
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Is John Elway executive of the year?

December, 28, 2012 12/28/12
7:15
PM ET

Denver quarterback Peyton Manning and linebacker Von Miller are not the only members of the franchise who will be candidates for major awards after this special season.

Add football leader John Elway to the mix. AFC South blogger Paul Kuharsky polled an ESPN panel for the their choice for executive of the year. In it, Elway was edged by Seattle’s John Schneider.

I voted for Elway because few moves he has made have been wrong. Of course, it starts with the signing of Manning. I know the argument is anyone can try to sign Manning, and recognizing Manning’s importance isn’t all that’s special. True.

But Elway is the reason why Manning chose Denver. So, Elway gets credit for bringing him to Denver. There were plenty of teams that wanted Manning. Elway won the sweepstakes, and he deserves kudos. He also added several key pieces, whether on the coaching staff or on the roster. Remember, two years ago, Elway inherited a 4-12 team that was No. 32 in the NFL in defense.

It is now 12-3, No. 3 in the NFL on defense and considered a legitimate Super Bowl contender.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #544
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

so now its 12 times i posted here about something thats not tebow
Old 01-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #545
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
so now its 12 times i posted here about something thats not tebow
In a thread that is about Tebow. Listen, if you're tired of reading about this, then simply don't click on the thread to open it. Bump one of the other threads that has nothing to do about Tebow. Why is this hard for you to understand?
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 AM   #546
Bacchus

Quote:
this thread needs more 13-3 bronco talk heres a lil something about jdr
While interest can still develop, it appears the Denver Broncos will have their defensive coordinator returning for the first time in seven years.

Denver defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio told reporters Thursday he has not had any interviews for head coaching jobs set up yet. Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy has interest from four teams and has interviews set for this weekend while the Broncos are on their bye during the playoffs.

Del Rio has been wildly successful in his first season as Denverís defensive coordinator. Denver finished No. 2 in the NFL in defense this season. It was 20th last season and 32nd two years ago. Del Rio is Denverís seventh defensive coordinator in seven years.

Many people thought Del Rio, fired as head coach in Jacksonville in 2011, might draw interest this offseason. Del Rio said he is not surprised he has not been contacted and seems fine with it.

ďYou never know how things are going to shake out, this year or any other year,Ē Del Rio said. ďFrom my standpoint, I think itís an honor to be involved in this league, playing and coaching, as long as I have. I really do believe that this gameís given me a lot more than Iíve been able to give it, I really do believe that, but Iíll keep trying. Iím having fun doing what Iím doing now, and if opportunities come in the future, Iíll look at them, but right now Iím 100 percent trying to help these Broncos go win a championship.Ē
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...p-jack-del-rio
It really looks like JDR will be in Denver at least one more year, that is awesome. I doubt he is going to want to miss out on the REPEAT!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #547
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
Does the sanchez dummy butt fumble?
So much, he would lead the league (like Timmy did last season) if it weren't for Philip Rivers.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #548
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
So much, he would lead the league (like Timmy did last season) if it weren't for Philip Rivers.
That's sad for a couple of veterans.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #549
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
he would lead the league (like Timmy did last season)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
That's sad for a couple of veterans.
It's also false.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...elog?year=2011
Old 01-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #550
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Ummmmm....Gabbert and Tebow both had 14 fumbles....tied for the lead still counts as leading the league.

Here...easy reference...

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ar_by_year.htm