The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #176
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Since Marshall's sophomore season he has had more yards than Welker 4 times, Welker has had more yards than Marshall 2 times. Marshall has had more TDs than Welker 3 times, Welker has had more TDs 3 times. I am not sure how you conclude that Welker has better stats, even in his first year with the Dolphins Marshall had more yards than Welker - it gets even worse when you consider that Welker has done his damage playing with one of the greatest QBs of all time while Marshall has done it with Cutler, Chad Henne and Matt Moore.
Wasnt going to address this but i wanted to point out i said that about Welker and Marshall three years ago...as i said when Marshall was still on your team.
There was more to it than that but i just said the jist of it. And i wasnt taking anything away from Marshall, just going off of somebody's statement and using Welkers numbers to counter., to be brief.

But yes, Marshall is a wideout while Welker is mostly a slot/possesion WR so he wont put up as many yards or YPC. He gets many short passes from Brady.

Quote:
Is Antonio Gates better than Tamme right now? yes he is, but Gates has been in a steady decline over the last 4 years and unless the new coach in San Diego can teach Philip Rivers to play QB that slide is not going to end. Tamme is a good number 2 TE, he lacks the size and atleticism to be a top TE in the same league as guys like Gonzalez, Gronkowski and Graham.
Gates has had foot problems and hadnt been right for two years. He was right this year but the offense a a whole stunk and was #31 in the league. A first for a Norv Turner offense but the OL is soo bad. Evderybodies numbers went south this year due to using 17 different players on the OL.which was the worst in the league.

Agree on Tamme, but i do think Peyton makes him look better than he is. Thats what great QB's do and i have to give props to Peyton as much a i can for what he did this year coming off injury and at his age to boot.

Rivers will be fine once they get him some damn protection and he can stop trying to be superman out there and making dumb mistakes. He stopped doing that the last 5 games and only had 1 INT and that one was a throw on a last drive of a game.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-03-2013 at 10:14 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #177
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Please explain why you think he deserves to be higher on that list?
You can move those guys around on that list and it isnt that big a deal, but th list wouldnt change for me. Not to say i think is isnt as good as some of the others. If i reversed him and Welker, or even put him above or below Julio Jones, id be fine with it.
But, you can give your reasons if you like.
Perhaps you should ask John Harbaugh.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...eceiver-in-nfl

I know, I know. You know better than he does. He's an idiot.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #178
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Welker is nowhere near the players on that list. He's great because he plays with Brady but he can't physically match what players like C Johnson, Larry Fitz, D Thomas, Marshall etc etc. He's a great NFL player that easily falls into the top 10, but not the top 5 NFL studs.

Welker is a great player though, but made much much better by the team he plays on.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #179
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

BOLT JOLT my biggest problem was how you really thought Meachum would offset Vincent Jackson. He's so far below him talent wise its hard to believe you really thought that. I could see if the players were closer in ability but its so obvious they aren't.

I think once again people forgot how good Brees is and that its not the WR in NO outside of Colston who is really a stud when healthy.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #180
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I can go along with DT isn't a star yet outside of Denver because he hasn't done it enough years in a row to get the media attention for that. But on ability and how he looks I bet almost any scout in the NFL would label him most likely of the young WR to join the Brandon Marshall/Calvin Johnson type club. I love it it means the Broncos not only are really good right now, but really young also.

The playmakers on defense, on offense, outside of Bailey and Manning are all young. Hell those 2 old dudes may play 3 more yrs after this in Denver and still be going.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #181
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Sutton View Post
Perhaps you should ask John Harbaugh.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...eceiver-in-nfl

I know, I know. You know better than he does. He's an idiot.
OK, so? Green is a great player. If i had him #6 would you be complaining? I would be fine if i had him #6, I still dont see your explanation, just hand it over the the internet,
It isnt worth a discussion imo.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #182
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
BOLT JOLT my biggest problem was how you really thought Meachum would offset Vincent Jackson. He's so far below him talent wise its hard to believe you really thought that. I could see if the players were closer in ability but its so obvious they aren't.

I think once again people forgot how good Brees is and that its not the WR in NO outside of Colston who is really a stud when healthy.
I thought as a whole they would offset him. Meachum i didnt think was as good but thought he would contribute a lot and show more talent than he has before thats for sure. Just hope he can step it up next season. Cant be worse. One guy that is going to be a good player is Vincent Brown. He missed the whole year with a broken ankle that happened in preseason.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-03-2013 at 10:41 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #183
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
I thought as a whole they would offset him. Meachum i didnt think was as good but thought he would contribute a lot and show more talent than he has before thats for sure. Just hope he can step it up next season. Cant be worse. One guy that is going to be a good player is Vincent Brown. He missed the whole year with a broken ankle that happened in preseason.
Brown maybe that kid does seem to have nice size and good hands. But with meachum we will have to disagree. He only made plays because defenses gave him 0 consideration in NO. The offense was so loaded you only think he can make those same sort of plays in SD.

Sure he can if you have Brown become as good as Colston, Mathews start playing like Sproles, and gates get back to his old self. Then maybe he would get deep once every other game or so for a big play. Meachum was a desperation move. I think its fair to say both DT and Decker would start on SD right now. Brown maybe gets there but Floyd and Meachum are roll players IMO. Not true NFL starters.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #184
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I'll say as I did when you signed Meachum. If you can't produce against #3 and #4 DB's with Drew Brees as your QB in a pass happy system, what makes you think he would produce as a #1 or #2 WR?