The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #151
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Quite obviously. He said DT reminds him of Vincent Jackson.

Does Randy Moss in his prime remind us of Vincent Jackson too?
Peyton Manning reminds him of Phillip Rivers, and Cujo reminds him of his toy poodle.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #152
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Ill give boltdolt credit, he leads fights back, and he is strategic about it. many logical fallacies that sort of make sense if you dont actually think about what he is saying.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #153
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Boltdolt is getting b****slapped left and right like blankman in an alley.
Eh its ok. I got this same reaction when i said Welker had better stats than Marshall (while he was still here) so he must be better. This place went nuts....kinda like now. Since then Marshalls stats have slowed some til he got back with Cutler while Welker has continued to light it up.

I dont expect a Bronco forum to see what im saying because im talking about their guy. Kinda like the Jets forum who some think Sanchez is better than Rivers and the Bears forum who thought Grossman was better than Brees...or was it Rivers. Either way, they were wrong.

In anycase, ill agree Thomas will be a star baring injury to him or Manning but c-mon, he had 32 receptions last season and less the year before.
He had a breakout year and is on his way to being a star. Nothing wrong with that except you guys want him to be a star now! Well do it again is all i can say and he very well should with Peyton there.

Thomas reminds me of VJ because the way they run, kind of long striders and both are big though VJ is taller.

RG3 threw for 3200 yards this year and wont be the ROY. Should go to Luck . I can see Russell Wilson get it over RG3 or even Alfred Morris though he is a long shot but he rushed for over 1600 yards and very much helped RG3. Sure he will be a star but right now he is a dynamic player. Speaking of which, is Russel Wilson a star right now?

Im sure glad none of you vote for the HOF'ers. Hell you would have everybody in there who had a few good years.

On another note,...Its too bad they wussed the league down. Records will fall at a fast pace and i remember when QB's got in the HOF that had more INTs than TD's, back when the CB's could actually fight the WR for possition and the ball and not get flagged. Elway and Marino would have thrown for 80,000 yards.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-02-2013 at 11:53 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #154
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Eh its ok. I got this same reaction when i said Welker had better stats than Marshall (while he was still here) so he must be better. This place went nuts....kinda like now. Since then Marshalls stats have slowed some til he got back with Cutler while Welker has continued to light it up.
What are you talking about? Marshall's stats have been good/great no matter where he's been at...and you say Welker has continued to light up but disregard the fact he's played for 1 team with the same role for the past 5 years?

Welker and Marshall are two different receivers btw.

Quote:
I dont expect a Bronco forum to see what im saying because im talking about their guy. Kinda like the Jets forum who some think Sanchez is better than Rivers and the Bears forum who thought Grossman was better than Brees...or was it Rivers. Either way, they were wrong.
It doesn't matter what type of fan you're talking to, you're not comparing DT to anyone in this situation. You're saying he's not a star... but what you really want to say he hasn't consistently produced yet. That's a fair shake, but we all know damn well what he brings to the table every time Broncos take the field, and that's an elite STAR WR in the league.

Quote:
Thomas reminds me of VJ because the way they run, kind of long striders and both are big though VJ is taller.
Thomas is not just a "long strider"... He has quick feet hence his ability to run shorter routes better than VJ. VJ gets little separation from defenders...he just out muscles defenders with his height and reach.

Matter of fact, I wouldn't even describe Thomas' running technique as complete striding...he runs like a runner (if that makes sense).

Watch these GIFs...is this "long striding" to you?

How in the blue hell does he remind you of Jackson?

Any tall WR is going to be classified as a long strider to be honest though. Let's be clear though, once again, DT and Jackson are not on the same level when it comes to athletic ability.

DT ran a 4.3.

Quote:
RG3 threw for 3200 yards this year and wont be the ROY. Should go to Luck . I can see Russell Wilson get it over RG3 or even Alfred Morris though he is a long shot but he rushed for over 1600 yards and very much helped RG3. Sure he will be a star but right now he is a dynamic player. Speaking of which, is Russel Wilson a star right now?
Russell Wilson has been a star this season...he's a star rookie. So is RG3. So is Alfred Morris. They put the numbers up along with their teams record. Any rookie QB leading their team into the post season with double digit wins is a star...wtf are you going to call them? Scrubs?

Also, they really did LEAD their teams, not on some Mark Sanchez, lets manage the game BS. They put up great QB numbers for any QB in any system.

Now, are they PROVEN stars? That's to be told.

They aren't even comparable to DT since DT has been in the league for 3 years and he's showcased his talent already. His production numbers weren't there due to his QB/injury...but it was apparent he had elite talent. This is what you're missing.

Quote:
Im sure glad none of you vote for the HOF'ers. Hell you would have everybody in there who had a few good years.
Star doesn't = HOF

Last edited by Action; 01-03-2013 at 01:41 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #155
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

In anycase, ill agree Thomas will be a star baring injury to him or Manning but c-mon, he had 32 receptions last season and less the year before.
He had a breakout year and is on his way to being a star. Nothing wrong with that except you guys want him to be a star now! Well do it again is all i can say and he very well should with Peyton there.

On another note,...Its too bad they wussed the league down. Records will fall at a fast pace and i remember when QB's got in the HOF that had more INTs than TD's, back when the CB's could actually fight the WR for possition and the ball and not get flagged. Elway and Marino would have thrown for 80,000 yards.
Since Marshall's sophomore season he has had more yards than Welker 4 times, Welker has had more yards than Marshall 2 times. Marshall has had more TDs than Welker 3 times, Welker has had more TDs 3 times. I am not sure how you conclude that Welker has better stats, even in his first year with the Dolphins Marshall had more yards than Welker - it gets even worse when you consider that Welker has done his damage playing with one of the greatest QBs of all time while Marshall has done it with Cutler, Chad Henne and Matt Moore.

I don't see how Alfred Morris, Griffin, Luck and Russell are relevant to debating people like Jacob Tamme, Demaryius Thomas, Vincent Jackson and Philip Rivers.

Is Antonio Gates better than Tamme right now? yes he is, but Gates has been in a steady decline over the last 4 years and unless the new coach in San Diego can teach Philip Rivers to play QB that slide is not going to end. Tamme is a good number 2 TE, he lacks the size and atleticism to be a top TE in the same league as guys like Gonzalez, Gronkowski and Graham.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:13 AM   #156
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Was Boltjolt the one saying he thought Royal and Meachum would be able to offset Vincent Jackson leaving?

Funny to me Norv Turner takes all the heat when all SD did for the last few yrs was not sign top FA and let all of their top FA walk. Well maybe not all of them but a lot. Ditching Sproles and Jackson makes no sense really to me. So those moves IMO were damaging to the SD offense. Then the kicker is they drafted Ryan Mathews really high and he didn't work out. Those things happening can really derail and offense.

Rivers IMO does seem poorly coached though and that falls on Turner I guess.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:15 AM   #157
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also I agree Tamme totally average athletically speaking. Of course by avg we are comparing to pro football players who are studs compared to us mortals. Just think what Manning could do with an elite TE on this offense.

I'd love to rent a vet like Atl did with Gonzoles. A player like gates that looks old in SD would probably still kick ass for a couple more yrs on a good team.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #158
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

everyone has a different criteria for a star player... boltjolt is different from everyone elses. its his opinion... but whatever.

boltjolt, please name me your top 10 WR in the league right now. If you put VJ and Crabtree above DT, you're freaking nuts!

Here is my list:

1. Megatron
2. AJ Green
3. Fitzgerald
4. Andre Johnson
5. Marshall
6. DT
7. Julio Jones
8. Welker
9. Dez
10. Roddy White

I hate rating Fitzgerald so high, but he has no one throwing him the rock.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #159
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
everyone has a different criteria for a star player... boltjolt is different from everyone elses. its his opinion... but whatever.

boltjolt, please name me your top 10 WR in the league right now. If you put VJ and Crabtree above DT, you're freaking nuts!

Here is my list:

1. Megatron
2. AJ Green
3. Fitzgerald
4. Andre Johnson
5. Marshall
6. DT
7. Julio Jones
8. Welker
9. Dez
10. Roddy White

I hate rating Fitzgerald so high, but he has no one throwing him the rock.
That list is bogus. You have to have at least two raiders on it for it to be legit. Do you know how fast they are?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #160
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Also I agree Tamme totally average athletically speaking. Of course by avg we are comparing to pro football players who are studs compared to us mortals. Just think what Manning could do with an elite TE on this offense.

I'd love to rent a vet like Atl did with Gonzoles. A player like gates that looks old in SD would probably still kick ass for a couple more yrs on a good team.
Maybe I'm crazy, but i still have hopes for Julius Thomas, entering his third year. Maybe he cant block worth ****, but the Broncos dont seem to ask Tamme to do a ton of that. Thomas looks to be a pretty good athlete and, once upon a time, performed well even if it was just preseason and TC.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #161
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

The top 5 WRs in receiving yards are all stars in this league - that would be:
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Andre Johnson
3. Brandon Marshall
4. Demaryius Thomas
5. Vincent Jackson

Dez Bryant is a star for being a poopy head.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #162
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Kinda like the Jets forum who some think Sanchez is better than Rivers and the Bears forum who thought Grossman was better than Brees...or was it Rivers. Either way, they were wrong.

Kind of like Bolt jolt talking about Meachem, Floyd and the Chargers bunch in this thread.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #163
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Tamme is an average TE, end of story.
Yep, an average Tight End that outpaced your boy in receptions and yards this year while having a number 2 Tight End who saw a lot of action.

What's that say about Gates? YOU are the one pumping up your players here. That's why I recalled this thread.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #164
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Was Boltjolt the one saying he thought Royal and Meachum would be able to offset Vincent Jackson leaving?
Yes sir. In this thread.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #165
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

[QUOTE=SleepingTiger;3769865]everyone has a different criteria for a star player... boltjolt is different from everyone elses. its his opinion... but whatever.[/qyuote]

I wouldnt say mine differs from everyone elses, im just not overrating my home teams guy. Now take that how you want but again im not saying he wont be a star. He is IMO going to be a star IF he keeps this up but there are some that did that and then fizzle out. Eddie Royal for instance. As a rookie had over 90 caches, hasnt come close since. Micheal Clayton had a big rookie year with over 80 catches aand went down hill from there so they are not stars after ONE good season which is what Thomas has had...one good season so no he isnt a star yet.

Quote:
Really? So your telling me VJ has no nusiness being ahead of Thomas? Id say YOUR nuts. VJ has been puting up numbers for years now and always has had a big YPC and had a 19.2 YPC this year and finished only 50 yards less with 22 less receptions. Id say there are some big plays being made there...as he usually makes. He has a career YPC ave of 17.8, thats a career ave. Thomas didnt have that this year.
You let me know what team right now would be willing to give Thomas 55 million. Sorry bud, your crazy if you dont think VJ should be ahead of Thomas and your nuts for having him at #6 while leaving VJ off. I would think the sixth best WR in the league would be going to the probowl.

As for Crabtree, i never said he was a star. I asked you guys that, which was my point. He has better career numbers than Thomas. Has been pretty good every season(had decent number s as a rookie after holding out and missing games a the start of the season) and was comparable in numbers this year yet you just said he isnt a star and Thomas is?

Quote:
Here is my list:

1. Megatron
2. AJ Green
3. Fitzgerald
4. Andre Johnson
5. Marshall
6. DT
7. Julio Jones
8. Welker
9. Dez
10. Roddy White
Mine would be something like:

1.Megatron
2.Fitz(agree he had nobody throwing to him)
3. Andre Johnson
4. Marshall
5. Roddy White
6. Julio Jones
7. Reggie Wayne
8. Wes Welker
9. Vince Jackson
10.AJ Green

And id put Dez Bryant ahead of Thomas. Bryant is a bit of a head case but he has much better overall numbers in the same timespan, has returned punts for TD's and at this point looks to be better and on the cusp of being a star.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-03-2013 at 06:57 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #166
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
What part of torn achilles do you not understand?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/thoma...-coming-bigger

Quote:
After injuries limited him to seven starts in his first two seasons in Denver, Thomas has had a breakout season with Manning delivering sharp passes and pointers alike.
If you want to have credibility then stop grading his reception totals for 2 years where he had 7 whopping starts while recovering from a ruptured achilles and fractured foot.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #167
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Ha, AJ Green at number 10. Nice. Credibility = 0
Old 01-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #168
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
I wouldnt say mine differs from everyone elses, im just not overrating my home teams guy.
You are unreal. You don't even need to leave this thread. It's the very reason I recalled it. Your overrating of the Chargers receivers and downplaying of everything Broncos.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #169
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Sutton View Post
What part of torn achilles do you not understand?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/thoma...-coming-bigger

If you want to have credibility then stop grading his reception totals for 2 years where he had 7 whopping starts while recovering from a ruptured achilles and fractured foot.
Started 7 but played in 21. Someone thought he could go out there . But ok, i can agree on that.Still, he has one good season under his belt which doesnt make him a star yet. Does this again next season, then we can debate this but id probably be more inclined to agree he is right there than i am this year.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #170
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You are unreal. You don't even need to leave this thread. It's the very reason I recalled it. Your overrating of the Chargers receivers and downplaying of everything Broncos.
Not really. Before this season your WR's were more unproven than ours with a QB who wasnt certain to be the same player but certainly we all knew if he could, big things could happen , and they did.
Even Meachem was more proven but as i admitted he didnt bring an impact for us that we thought he would.

I think thats a reasonable thing to say at the time. You just dont want to be reasonable. I understand you bringing this back up as well but you know, nobody expected a Norv Turner offense to be #31 in the league and lead the league in sacks allowed either. Thats what a crap OL does for you.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #171
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Ha, AJ Green at number 10. Nice. Credibility = 0
Please explain why you think he deserves to be higher on that list?
You can move those guys around on that list and it isnt that big a deal, but th list wouldnt change for me. Not to say i think is isnt as good as some of the others. If i reversed him and Welker, or even put him above or below Julio Jones, id be fine with it.
But, you can give your reasons if you like.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-03-2013 at 07:32 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #172
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Not really. Before this season your WR's were more unproven than ours with a QB who wasnt certain to be the same player but certainly we all knew if he could, big things could happen , and they did.
Even Meachem was more proven but as i admitted he didnt bring an impact for us that we thought he would.

I think thats a reasonable thing to say at the time. You just dont want to be reasonable. I understand you bringing this back up as well but you know, nobody expected a Norv Turner offense to be #31 in the league and lead the league in sacks allowed either. Thats what a crap OL does for you.
why can't you just admit you were wrong about DT and Decker... they were better than you thought and certainly better than SD WR core...

its not illegal to be wrong from time to time...

just own it bro...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #173
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
why can't you just admit you were wrong about DT and Decker... they were better than you thought and certainly better than SD WR core...

its not illegal to be wrong from time to time...

just own it bro...
Didnt i do that? I explained why i said that at the time.

Yes Decker and DT were better than i thought but Decker i think is an above ave WR who benefits from Manning and Tamme is just average. Hey i could be wrong still about Decker but he will get numbers with Peyton. Look at Tamme and what he was without him. In Peytons last two seasons, he has 850 completions,.... thats crazy. Somebody is going to benefit from that and id be estatic to be a WR playing with him.
All im saying now is DT isnt a star yet because he did it only once. I think it is inevidable with Peyton but you have to do it again and be consistant to be star players.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-03-2013 at 07:45 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #174
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Didnt i do that? I explained why i said that at the time.

Yes Decker and DT were better than i thought but Decker i think is an above ave WR who benefits from Manning and Tamme is just average. Hey i could be wrong still about Decker but he will get numbers with Peyton. Look at Tamme and what he was without him. In Peytons last two seasons, he has 850 completions,.... thats crazy. Somebody is going to benefit from that and id be estatic to be a WR playing with him.
All im saying now is DT isnt a star yet because he did it only once. I think it is inevidable with Peyton but you have to do it again and be consistant to be star players.
Of course a WR benefits from a QB. We all agree with Fitz as an example. But its not just a QB. These guys have to catch the ball. They have to run precise routes and get separation. You cannot coach a WR to have DT physical traits.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #175
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Broncos TEs combined for 90+ catches. Great production from an area the Broncos have been lacking in for awhile. Then you have Decker, Thomas and Stokley combining for 200+ receptions.

Its a good group.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote