The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default Elway: The Broncos were in the worst shape ever when I took over

Found this on Reddit:

"Going back to where we were. We were probably at the lowest point that the franchise had been...since I had been around the franchise, and really, since Pat owned the franchise, so we were at the lowest point we'd ever been. So we had to get some loyalty back, not only with our players, but also with our fans. And to me, Champ Bailey was that base. He was going to be the guy we were going to build around. He had been here several years, was a great, great player. We still thought he could play. All those things come into play, so that's why it was important for us to start that build with a guy like Champ Bailey who had had that experience here, and the fan base knew, and getting that connection back with the fan base that this organization has had such a close connection with for so long...and we really, at that point in time, really felt like we lost. So that was a move, not only was he a great player, but also our fans identified with him as an important cog in this organization and why it was important for us to get him re-signed"

Link to the article: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ing-new-tricks

And link to the actual interview with Sandy:http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/E....aspx?PID=2095

It's labeled as Clough Talk Hour 2 1/2/13

Some pretty interesting stuff, and a nice interview. So glad the Duke has stepped in and made so many positive strides. I ****ing love this team.

REDDIT EDDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBronco..._value_to_the/

Last edited by Boobs McGee; 01-03-2013 at 02:54 PM..
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Found this on Reddit:

"Going back to where we were. We were probably at the lowest point that the franchise had been...since I had been around the franchise, and really, since Pat owned the franchise, so we were at the lowest point we'd ever been. So we had to get some loyalty back, not only with our players, but also with our fans. And to me, Champ Bailey was that base. He was going to be the guy we were going to build around. He had been here several years, was a great, great player. We still thought he could play. All those things come into play, so that's why it was important for us to start that build with a guy like Champ Bailey who had had that experience here, and the fan base knew, and getting that connection back with the fan base that this organization has had such a close connection with for so long...and we really, at that point in time, really felt like we lost. So that was a move, not only was he a great player, but also our fans identified with him as an important cog in this organization and why it was important for us to get him re-signed"

Link to the article: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ing-new-tricks

And link to the actual interview with Sandy:http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/E....aspx?PID=2095

It's labeled as Clough Talk Hour 2 1/2/13

Some pretty interesting stuff, and a nice interview. So glad the Duke has stepped in and made so many positive strides. I ****ing love this team.

REDDIT EDDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBronco..._value_to_the/
That's all well and good, but who is the girl in your avatar?
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Also, when do you think Champ passes the reins to Harris, and takes over for Mike Adams?

He's still a good corner - and a great tackler, but you can tell he's lost some speed.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Question number 1 : I honestly can't remember!! I'll do some research, see what I can come up with!

Question number 2: I think the year after next, actually. Once he has that ring (this year!), I think he has a come to Jesus talk with himself and the coaches, and makes a switch
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
That's all well and good, but who is the girl in your avatar?
Also, your adopt-a-bronco plays for the Indianapolis Colts....
BowlenBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Yet there are three posters that claim McD wasn't bad.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Unless you include the abreviated season from '82 it was the worst season since 1971.

Last edited by Kaylore; 01-03-2013 at 03:11 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #8
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Also, when do you think Champ passes the reins to Harris, and takes over for Mike Adams?

He's still a good corner - and a great tackler, but you can tell he's lost some speed.
I don't think he's ever going to play safety, been talked about for many years now. Champ doesn't have any interest in playing safety.

If/when he gets his ring, he will call it a career soon after.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I don't think he's ever going to play safety, been talked about for many years now. Champ doesn't have any interest in playing safety.
Sure he does. There was a interview in the post and he says it will happen but not yet.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Unless you include the abreviated season from '82 it was the worst season since 1971.
I remember 1990 being pretty awful...remember the guy who lived on the Billboard until Denver won another game?
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

BTW, the girls name is Shay Maria - as I found out on the file info from the avatar, haha.

Evidently she's only famous for her boobs.

http://****yeahshaymaria.tumblr.com/page/2

Damn dude her website has a ton of videos like this.... just showing off her body to crappy music.

Last edited by Mogulseeker; 01-03-2013 at 03:20 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Sure he does. There was a interview in the post and he says it will happen but not yet.
You are incorrect.

Quote:
"It just has to make sense to me. I'm not looking to play safety," Bailey said. "So it would have to make sense, if it doesn't make sense I'm not doing it. I'm not going to do it just to do it, to save money on the cap or something.

"I'm a realist, though, if I see myself on tape and I think it's time to make a move, I'll know it's time to make a move, I'll be the first to see it, I'll be the first to know it," Bailey said, smiling. "In my mind, though, I might not say it right away, I might wait for somebody to ask."

Read more: Broncos' Champ Bailey still cornerback through and through - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2GxAF6QDN
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
He's not moving to safety, he's still got it and still does a great job covering. He's got a couple years left in him, and then he will ride off into the sunset, hopefully with a SB ring.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #13
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I remember 1990 being pretty awful...remember the guy who lived on the Billboard until Denver won another game?
Didn't that guy have a sleeping bag? That takes me back.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
You are incorrect.

He's not moving to safety, he's still got it and still does a great job covering. He's got a couple years left in him, and then he will ride off into the sunset, hopefully with a SB ring.
Um, from your own quote

Quote:
"I'm a realist, though, if I see myself on tape and I think it's time to make a move, I'll know it's time to make a move, I'll be the first to see it, I'll be the first to know it," Bailey said, smiling. "In my mind, though, I might not say it right away, I might wait for somebody to ask."
Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Holy crap, I remember that dude!

The Denver news stations would have nightly updates on his condition...too freaking funny man.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I think I would shed definitive tears to see Champ Bailey hoisting a Superbowl trophy. Resigning him was the best move that Elway could have possibly made at that time, and Bailey will go down in Broncos history as one of the most loved players of this franchise.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #17
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
That was an awful season, but nowhere near as awful as this. It was bad because the Broncos were shell shocked, but we still had Elway. We didn't have much when McDaniels left the team. The organization was pretty well falling apart.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #18
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Um, from your own quote
And?

By the way it doesn't say it will happen, as you said in an earlier post.

That's on his terms and clearly he doesn't seem all that interested in playing safety, he even says "I am not looking to play safety".

The whole article tells me he is more interested in keeping his play at the level he's always played at....at corner.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Rich "G-Man" Goins - 103.5 the FOX.. Was the sports guy on the Lewis & Floorwax show. He was last on the air in Denver on 102.? the Ticket - maybe 2 years ago?
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think I would shed definitive tears to see Champ Bailey hoisting a Superbowl trophy. Resigning him was the best move that Elway could have possibly made at that time, and Bailey will go down in Broncos history as one of the most loved players of this franchise.
Yep. No doubt Bowlen throws out protocol and puts him in the ROF in the first season after he retires.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #21
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Yep. This ones for Champ. We gotta get him a Superbowl, man. He's been through so much with us. The best CB ever.

The crowd has to get us to the Superbowl. The Denver fans can bring any opponent to their knees...even the mighty Tom Brady. If we can help get the Broncos to the Superbowl, they can win.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #22
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
That was an awful season, but nowhere near as awful as this. It was bad because the Broncos were shell shocked, but we still had Elway. We didn't have much when McDaniels left the team. The organization was pretty well falling apart.
I just remember being more devastated by that season. That's probably partially because I was 12....and partially because Denver had been disappointing me for several years prior to 2010.

Were we supposed to kick ass in 1990, I was just hoping to not suck in 2010.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #23
BroncoBeavis

Big thing you never think about is how much darker it would've been after 2010 had Champ not been re-signed. And at one point before John arrived it pretty much seemed like a forgone conclusion.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #24
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
And?

By the way it doesn't say it will happen, as you said in an earlier post.

That's on his terms and clearly he doesn't seem all that interested in playing safety, he even says "I am not looking to play safety".

The whole article tells me he is more interested in keeping his play at the level he's always played at....at corner.
Of course. Right then. But then he says he'll know its time and he'll make a move when it's time. How did you get "he'll retire" out of "when it's time to make a move I'll make a move" ?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #25
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Lol @ the Duke kicking Josh and his revisionist supporters in the fleshy patches where they are supposed to have balls. Repeatedly. Thank you, John Elway.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote